The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Sports Supplements

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
I had an idea to push a natural mood/overall boosting supplement to the E-sport community and wanted to get feedback on if you think it is a viable idea. I have done minimal research but believe that many players/streamers spend long nights practicing and watching wich messes with their sleep cycles. Overall health may deteriorate due to the nature of the sport. I wanted to take a natural product which I have used for years and market it in a way very accessible to the gaming community. It will be a high quality product, non addictive and, very minimal if ANY side effects. I have used this product for years with only good results and truly believe in it.

It can come in capsule or powdered form.

Do you guys think this is a viable idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Well if you consider what is in a can of Redbull or Monster pretty much anything is viable.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
I can see how certain Vitamins and chemicals such as caffeine could enhance performance in E-Sports. With the right Twitch sponsorship you could get it into the hands of millions of youngsters

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
I can see how certain Vitamins and chemicals such as caffeine could enhance performance in E-Sports. With the right Twitch sponsorship you could get it into the hands of millions of youngsters
Twitch sponsorship is a great idea. My idea is a more long term product for health rather than a quick boost that you get from caffeine. I understand that caffeine or energy drinks can give you an edge but health may suffer. Do you think that same market would be interested to buy something that may take longer to work but will give them a cleaner and more long term performance boost?

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Twitch sponsorship is a great idea. My idea is a more long term product for health rather than a quick boost that you get from caffeine. I understand that caffeine or energy drinks can give you an edge but health may suffer. Do you think that same market would be interested to buy something that may take longer to work but will give them a cleaner and more long term performance boost?
You should research Gfuel, I think it would be your competition. I like the idea though.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I imagine a lot of the things that "biohackers" and the nootropics crowd are using in the tech community would be a easy plug and play for gamers.

Could be an interesting niche.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I think you've got a great idea.

Like @Scot said, something working in another niche, may work here, with a new twist, and a very specific targeting to gamers.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
I think you've got a great idea.

Like @Scot said, something working in another niche, may work here, with a new twist, and a very specific targeting to gamers.

Thank you, after some research I have seen that there are some products already being marketed towards gamers and a few minor articles about the benefits.

How would i form a competitive advantage against some more established companies?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I reviewed copy for a company that was basically making this exact type of product a while back. THere definitely seems to be a market for it

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Thank you, after some research I have seen that there are some products already being marketed towards gamers and a few minor articles about the benefits.

How would i form a competitive advantage against some more established companies?
As far as I know, Gfuel leads the industry, so I recommend reading its negative reviews to find your advantage.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
As far as I know, Gfuel leads the industry, so I recommend reading its negative reviews to find your advantage.

Thanks for the tip I will look there to see what I can improve for sure. Gfuel isn't really the direction im going in as it seems like its more of a natural boost for right now. I aim to give a long term solution that will boost performance right now as well as overall health.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
People will always prefer instant gratification and effect. Looking at Gfuel I feel it’s a marketing game. I don’t expect the niche to understand what’s inside and how it’s benefitting then.

How many adults know in what specific way vitamins help them? They think they become healthier by taking them without ever noticing a difference.

Same goes for all these alternative medicines that are alternative because they haven’t been clinically proven. People believe they make a difference.

The fitness industry has tons of supplements that have proven to have some kind of benefit on a physiological level but except a handful of products people will never notice the difference.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
People will always prefer instant gratification and effect. Looking at Gfuel I feel it’s a marketing game. I don’t expect the niche to understand what’s inside and how it’s benefitting then.

How many adults know in what specific way vitamins help them? They think they become healthier by taking them without ever noticing a difference.

Same goes for all these alternative medicines that are alternative because they haven’t been clinically proven. People believe they make a difference.

The fitness industry has tons of supplements that have proven to have some kind of benefit on a physiological level but except a handful of products people will never notice the difference.

You are right. Although I do see that the niche can understand if I market it in a more accessible way and through the right channels. I think that it can work since there is a successful company out there who is doing something in the same line and has sponsored a team. I have also done some digging and found that both industries are growing steadily.

Fans of esports players and twitch streamers do feel more connected to their idols because of them being more directly connected vs sports stars. maybe promoting a quality product through some of these people can help.

Thanks for your input

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
When I read the thread title I instantly thought what a great idea! There are so many supplements available for different goals and different target markets that eSports would be no exception to this rule.

Even if you copy an existing nootropic recipe and rebrand it for eSports, it would very likely be a hit. It’s all about branding and marketing.

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Great idea!

I do expect some high costs in developing the powder/capsule since it has quite some ingredients in it.
Make sure all the ingredients are allowed by your country government. They can be very strict about that. How are you going to do the research in what ingredients you need?

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
I have had a thought like this before, when I was playing a lot myself..

How I personally would approach it was to come up with a product thats great and which works, and then market it.

Though marketing it I see different angles.

One is like many are recommending, which is on Twitch or similar platfom where the young people are directly exposed to it.

But I also see an angle for trying to target the parents of these young people.

Putting weight on how sitting down for many hours is already bad for the health, and by using your product the kids may not be drinking a lot of energy drinks to combine with their long gaming sessions.

Raising this very serious concern of drinking multiple EXTREMELY unhealthy energy drinks every gaming session to parents and providing the solution right at the same time, could be a very effective marketing strategy I would expect.

Typically also because the kids that gets to play a lot and are never told to take a break, are from my childhood experience always the ones with the biggest soccer moms, since all they care about is just that their child doesn't need to have a hard time.

So these parents might be buying this and doing their child a 'favor' by making them more healthy.

Also if your product carries enough value and is doing a good deed amongst especially the young people, then I would suggest to reach out to gaming subreddits (the mods) and see if they will allow you to create a post about your product.

Huge subreddits where you can actually reach such a big playerbase of the specific game.

Take for example:

Reddit.com/r/dota2 - 515K subscribers
Reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends - 2.4 MILLION subscribers
Reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive - 800K subscribers

And in these communities the players are very "addicted" and typically follow these kind of forums and things happening in the scene a few times a week or once a day.

-----

I think there is an opportunity here, but I don't know exactly how the product should be made and what it should include and not include, but that is obviously a part of the process to figure out.

But this is how I would put out the message, once there is a product and a brand.

I hope you will go for it and if you do, make sure you do whatever is in your might to kill it!

There is a huge opportunity in this space, I'm sure of it.

Best of luck.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
When I read the thread title I instantly thought what a great idea! There are so many supplements available for different goals and different target markets that eSports would be no exception to this rule.

Even if you copy an existing nootropic recipe and rebrand it for eSports, it would very likely be a hit. It’s all about branding and marketing.

Glad to hear it. And I agree that nowadays many products are the same formula, just branded to fit the needs of the specific niche. It's all about exposing people to what may really help them in a way that is more accessible to them.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
I have had a thought like this before, when I was playing a lot myself..

How I personally would approach it was to come up with a product thats great and which works, and then market it.

Though marketing it I see different angles.

One is like many are recommending, which is on Twitch or similar platfom where the young people are directly exposed to it.

But I also see an angle for trying to target the parents of these young people.

Putting weight on how sitting down for many hours is already bad for the health, and by using your product the kids may not be drinking a lot of energy drinks to combine with their long gaming sessions.

Raising this very serious concern of drinking multiple EXTREMELY unhealthy energy drinks every gaming session to parents and providing the solution right at the same time, could be a very effective marketing strategy I would expect.

Typically also because the kids that gets to play a lot and are never told to take a break, are from my childhood experience always the ones with the biggest soccer moms, since all they care about is just that their child doesn't need to have a hard time.

So these parents might be buying this and doing their child a 'favor' by making them more healthy.

Also if your product carries enough value and is doing a good deed amongst especially the young people, then I would suggest to reach out to gaming subreddits (the mods) and see if they will allow you to create a post about your product.

Huge subreddits where you can actually reach such a big playerbase of the specific game.

Take for example:

Reddit.com/r/dota2 - 515K subscribers
Reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends - 2.4 MILLION subscribers
Reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive - 800K subscribers

And in these communities the players are very "addicted" and typically follow these kind of forums and things happening in the scene a few times a week or once a day.

-----

I think there is an opportunity here, but I don't know exactly how the product should be made and what it should include and not include, but that is obviously a part of the process to figure out.

But this is how I would put out the message, once there is a product and a brand.

I hope you will go for it and if you do, make sure you do whatever is in your might to kill it!

There is a huge opportunity in this space, I'm sure of it.

Best of luck.

Very helpful, I appreciate !

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
I had an idea to push a natural mood/overall boosting supplement to the E-sport community and wanted to get feedback on if you think it is a viable idea. I have done minimal research but believe that many players/streamers spend long nights practicing and watching wich messes with their sleep cycles. Overall health may deteriorate due to the nature of the sport. I wanted to take a natural product which I have used for years and market it in a way very accessible to the gaming community. It will be a high quality product, non addictive and, very minimal if ANY side effects. I have used this product for years with only good results and truly believe in it.

It can come in capsule or powdered form.

Do you guys think this is a viable idea?

I like this idea alot, I would even like to be your customer.

Are you looking to formulate your own product or become a reseller for this product you are referring to?

Send me a PM if you'd like and perhaps we can come up with some ideas together.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
I like this idea alot, I would even like to be your customer.

Are you looking to formulate your own product or become a reseller for this product you are referring to?

Send me a PM if you'd like and perhaps we can come up with some ideas together.

Very happy to hear! I will pm you too. Few others have PM'd me on this too.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
*cough* AMPHETAMINES *cough*

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
*cough* AMPHETAMINES *cough*

Amphetamines actually tend to decrease extraneous cognitive recall in high-functioning individuals - despite what campus dealers may tell you around exam time.

Objective and subjective cognitive enhancing effects of mixed amphetamine salts in healthy people. - PubMed - NCBI

Amphetamine effects on MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery performance in healthy adults. - PubMed - NCBI

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
What is your guys' opinion on the form of consumption. Tablets/Capsules/Powdered form and why? I think I will be going for caps initially but wanted to get some input on why another option may be best.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
What is your guys' opinion on the form of consumption. Tablets/Capsules/Powdered form and why? I think I will be going for caps initially but wanted to get some input on why another option may be best.
I dabble in the nootropics scene every now and then.

Most of the people who are really into supplements and nootropics prefer powdered form so they can manipulate dosages easily and weigh out exactly what they want to take.

But if you are targeting general consumers, I'd say capsules. Also, it depends on what is in your supplement. What is the risk of overdose?

Capsules are generally safer because it is harder to accidentally take too many capsules than it is to accidentally weigh out too much powder.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
I consider myself well informed on the supplement market in any form. I have an autoimmune disease and run a business selling supplements. Meaning I have spent a LOT of time investigating different markets and different types of supplements.

In your case I would go for capsules. Your target market mainly consists of people interested in improving mental performance. But they are not necessarily interested in supplements or nootropics. They want to play games and not spend time preparing blends or nasty tasting mixes with water. Capsules are the preferred form for this.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Amphetamines actually tend to decrease extraneous cognitive recall in high-functioning individuals - despite what campus dealers may tell you around exam time.

Objective and subjective cognitive enhancing effects of mixed amphetamine salts in healthy people. - PubMed - NCBI

Amphetamine effects on MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery performance in healthy adults. - PubMed - NCBI

Since when do you need to increase extraneous cognitive recall while pulling an all nighter to play video games? I dropped out of school....

Anyway, the best and probably only viable health solution to sleep deprivation is actual sleep. Are you planning on selling melatonin? What does this supplement of yours actually do? It seems like you're just repackaging an existing product to sell it to a niche industry. If that's the case, then just buy some in bulk and repackage it and throw up a sales page targeted to your market.

Or dont order it and just throw up the sales page for preorders or something and gauge your demand. I'm curious about what this supplement is if it's as good as you make it sound, pm me when I can buy some.​

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Since when do you need to increase extraneous cognitive recall while pulling an all nighter to play video games? I dropped out of school....

Anyway, the best and probably only viable health solution to sleep deprivation is actual sleep. Are you planning on selling melatonin? What does this supplement of yours actually do? It seems like you're just repackaging an existing product to sell it to a niche industry. If that's the case, then just buy some in bulk and repackage it and throw up a sales page targeted to your market.

Or dont order it and just throw up the sales page for preorders or something and gauge your demand. I'm curious about what this supplement is if it's as good as you make it sound, pm me when I can buy some.​
I’ve heard that Modafinil is pretty effective.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.