The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Mail Marketing Agency (Not Webdesign, but same Principles apply)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #13 (OFF DAY)

Pomodoro Sessions: 6
Sleep: 9 hrs

Things completed:
- Weekly Planning & Strategising Session
- Reflecting the week, planning ahead

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #14

Pomodoro Sessions: 12
Sleep: 7 hrs

Things completed:
- Invoiced 2 clients
- Completely onboarded and setup 1 new client account
- Onboarded and setup another client account 60% done
- Created a job posting on Upwork to hire some talent (I can't handle the workload anymore)

--> Can anyone with relevant experience give me some tips regarding hiring for digital agency? Help is much appreciated!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #15

Pomodoro Sessions: 11
Sleep: 7.5 hrs

Things completed:
- Completed onboarding for a new client
- Shortlisted 4 potential new hires for my new job position, going to interview 4 of them tommorow
- Preparing an Onboarding checklist and Test project for the 4 ppl I will interview tommorow, im taking hiring way more seriously now than I did in the past. Cant believe the way I used to do it back then, what a fail lol. Time to get serious!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #16

Pomodoro Sessions: 7

*** Incredible jump and lessons learned today. Topic: Hiring people.

I can't believe how I used to hire...

I used to waste time interviewing every single candidate (usually I would interview 3-4), since there wasnt enough time to do more anyways. After the interview, I would be not one bit smarter or more englightened to the actual reasion I got on the interview in the first place, to find out if the person was qualified or not.

What I did this time around, was that I replaced my classic "Interviews" with a test project.

I recorded a 15 min loom video with instructions and now I simply forward this video along with a google doc to everyone that applies.

The tasks take approx 45 min - 1 hour to do and its not paid.

I already got 15 ppl working on this project now and I cant wait for the next 1-2 days to see the results.

Its going to be so easy, to seperate the A players from the ones that dont do shit or only deliver half a$$ work.

Also, I can still decide to interview the A players if I want to... although I made the realization for myself, since im an ENFJ (make a lot of decisions with feeling, rather than thinking), I sometimes get too attached to ppl and want to hire them just because I like their personality.

This "Low contact" approach of just sending them instructions and evaluating the quality of work seems to be the perfect way of hiring (for me atleast) and as long as the position im hiring for is non-customer-facing and doesnt require people skills.

Looking forward to hear what you guys think about this!

Attachments

• Test Project to work on.png
    Test Project to work on.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 12

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
This "Low contact" approach of just sending them instructions and evaluating the quality of work seems to be the perfect way of hiring (for me atleast) and as long as the position im hiring for is non-customer-facing and doesnt require people skills.

Awesome approach! I imagine this makes it a lot easier when hiring internationally too, seeing as you aren't scheduling interviews around multiple time zones etc.

Actually, on that topic - do most of your employees come from Germany too? Or are they international? If they're international - have you found it ok to work with them in different time zones?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Awesome approach! I imagine this makes it a lot easier when hiring internationally too, seeing as you aren't scheduling interviews around multiple time zones etc.

Actually, on that topic - do most of your employees come from Germany too? Or are they international? If they're international - have you found it ok to work with them in different time zones?
Yes, all international. Timezone is not a problem for now, I try to keep face to face sessions to a minimum and just focus on the work.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #17

Things completed:
- Completed the setup, basically now all the 5 new clients I closed 2 weeks ago have been setup... dam, how much work this has been. This is deffinetly the last time I do it manually all myself. I hired 3 ppl this week and training is in progress so I will never have to do this again and can focus only on sales the next 2-3 months.
- Came up with some new ideas about quality control and how to better onboard new hires

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #18

Pomodoro Sessions: 10

Things completed:
- Had Review calls to go over the onboarding and deliver the email sequences with 2 clients (both calls went very well)
- Launched email campaigns for 6 different clients

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #19

Pomodoro Sessions: 13

Things completed:
- Setup this Week's Campaigns for 8 of my clients stores
- Started doing linkedin + cold email leadgen, time to do sales again
- Provided a lot of feedback for new hires. Dam, training is harder than I expected!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #20

Pomodoro Sessions: 7
Sleep: 7 hrs

Things completed:
- Had a feedback call with employee #1, he is doing really well and only has one more exercise left before she can start handling some of my workload
- Had a feedback call with employee #2, she is doing really well and only has one more exercise left before she can start handling some of my workload

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #21

Update: unfortunately, I got corona yesterday (for the second time now in 6 months).

Will be out for 3-4 days, but im happy because I just closed 2 new clients yesterday. Also, the new hires that I onboarded and trained will be able to take care of the workload, so all is good!

Kei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 21, 2020
Day #21

Update: unfortunately, I got corona yesterday (for the second time now in 6 months).

Will be out for 3-4 days, but im happy because I just closed 2 new clients yesterday. Also, the new hires that I onboarded and trained will be able to take care of the workload, so all is good!
Hey Champion, sorry to hear about the covid. I've been following your posts now for a couple of days, you've really got me hooked.

Just thought I'd introduce myself and keep the post active. I've started up a content marketing agency in the financial niche and I'm thinking about adding email marketing to my offer, I'm finding that emails and seminars/webinars seem to be their main method of marketing so it would be interesting to see what adding email marketing to my offer could do. It would be great to connect with you.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Hey @Champion

Sorry to hear that you got the corona, hope you'll be fine soon.

I just wanted to say thank you for every post you've posted here and on the other threads, but this one especially. This one is absolutely motivating to me, that's the one that pushed me to do things many times and will be pushing more in future for sure.

Every time I don't feel like it I just read your posts and man - that's a huge cannon that shoots me forward.

Thanks again, take care

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey @Champion

Sorry to hear that you got the corona, hope you'll be fine soon.

I just wanted to say thank you for every post you've posted here and on the other threads, but this one especially. This one is absolutely motivating to me, that's the one that pushed me to do things many times and will be pushing more in future for sure.

Every time I don't feel like it I just read your posts and man - that's a huge cannon that shoots me forward.

Thanks again, take care
Thx puredot, this is also very motivating for me to hear! Happy that my posts are helping others to take action.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
UPDATE: So I had corona for the last 7 days and the business deffinetly took a hit. Nontheless, I have been servicing existing clients very well and preparing everything for blackfriday. Sales and new client acquisition really took the biggest hit.

I would say that im back to around 60-70% energy and my focus is also back. Tommorow I will do a test and if it's negative, I plan to be back in the office starting from Friday to get the hustle back on Track. I really wanna push through hard until Christmas, so that I can look back and say I gave everything this year.

As I think I have mentioned in one of my last posts, im currently hovering around 10k profit/mo.

Goals and timelines for next year:

- 30k/ Mo. by 31.03.2022
- 60k/ Mo. by 31.06.2022
- 100k/ Mo. by 31.10.2022

This will be my full focus next year and I plan to achieve it through my service agency + also releasing a course, so stay tuned for that!

Will keep you guys updated!

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
As I think I have mentioned in one of my last posts, im currently hovering around 10k profit/mo.

Goals and timelines for next year:

- 30k/ Mo. by 31.03.2022
- 60k/ Mo. by 31.06.2022
- 100k/ Mo. by 31.10.2022
That's awesome!

I believe that you probably already do this, but I'll mention this just in case - having clear goals and timelines is great, but having it broken down to every month, every week and every day - that's huge. This way you can really measure if you are doing things properly or not.

Right now e.g. I set a goal to get a client per week if I want to achieve my ideal lifestyle. So I know exactly how many calls/emails/posts I have to make a day. It's of course not that easy but it makes life much more simple.

Do you find this helpful?

Thanks, puredot

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #1

Sleep: 9 hrs

- Completed the entire Blackfriday Campaigns setup for one of my main clients
- Began Researching Real Estate rents in various areas around the city to get a feeling (will do my first real estate deal soon)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #2

Pomodoro Sessions: 3
Sleep: 6 hrs

Went to the office, It's still a bit difficult to work with the coughing from corona and kind of annoying when so many people look at you while working, but this is just something need to push through... even last time I had corona, the cough took like 1 month to go away after already being recovered, so whatever.

- About to go to sleep now, going to sleep until I naturally wake up tommrow and then im having a nice relaxed breakfast. After that, it's to the office and going to be focused hustle like it hasnt been in a while (id say its about 2 weeks ago, since I last really got the in the zone) --> Gonna get some serious shit done.

Just want to stress enough, there is nothing more important than discipline and getting on with it when lacking the motivation. Currently im 0 motivated with lots of distractions in my head but I dont give a F*ck. Just back to the business, follow the process and keep doing what has worked up until now.

Next update tommorow.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #3

Pomodoro Sessions: 5
Sleep: 8 hrs

- Completed Blackfriday Campaigns Setup for 2 more clients
- Recorded Training Videos of how to setup blackfriday campaigns for my employee, he will take care of another 3 clients
- Feeling much better since yesterday, cough has gone down a lot and ability to focus is coming back as well after corona!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Good staff @Champion
Mind sharing some resources that you learn about email marketing? Any specific books or blog recommendations?
I will release a course myself soon where I share everything 1 to 1 how I implement for my clients. Until then, I would say flowium youtube channel and chase dimond course are good places to start.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #4 (SUNDAY OFFDAY)

Pomodoro Sessions: 4
Sleep: 8 hrs

- Was just planning ahead for next week and reflecting on last week
- Currently also watching course content from this new guy I found out about a week ago (Andrew Tate). He has a very good mindset and program for business in general, been able to learn a lot until now.

If someone knows Andrew or Tristan Tate (Tate Brothers) and knows what their content is about, do you know anything similar that you could recommend to me?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #5

Sleep: 5 hrs

- Getting back into the hustle routine, 12 focused pomodoros today (as it should be, since this is my daily goal)
- Closed an existing client on a second store
- Realized the huge importance and how much revenue actually comes from either upselling existing clients or building out the same service for new stores of theirs (its so so so much easier to sell a second time to someone you sold before, than it is to sell to someone cold)
- Had 3 Setting Calls, 2 of them are qualified for a sales call
- Completed a shit-ton of email preparing and blackfriday stuff

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #6

Pomodoro Sessions: 13

- Completed Blackfriday Campaigns for 3 Clients
- Completed Klaviyo Account Setups for 2 Clients

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Great content, thanks.

What's your opinion on AMP Emails? Have you used it in your campaigns?
Dont really use it, most of my clients dont have a dedicated sending domain. Its definitely not part of the 20% you should be focusing on to get 80% of your results.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #6

- Completed Blackfriday Campaigns for 2 clients
- Had one sales call, was actually a qualified and ideal prospect, but unfortunately didn't close
- Made a good linkedin post to build up that lead nurture
- Found an amazing site to hire university students from (grow my team)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #7

- Had 2 first-calls and both are qualified for a sales call, will have both sales calls next week and im expecting to close atleast one of them.
- Worked a shit ton on blackfriday campaigns for clients, but got a lot of work done.
- Really happy to be back in my routine and fully on the grind. I love it.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #8

Sleep: 6.5 hrs

- Prepared new linkedin strategy
- Made an "Audit" of my business --> list of all the things I can improve tiny bits (1%) which will compound and add up over the coming 2 months to really boost things to the next level
- Completed post purchase upsell flow for one client
- Completed BF campaigns for another client

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
1month in, how many calls have you had? How many offers have you made? I started a new JV ecommerce email marketing agency 1month ago too. Good place to be.

DM me if you want to chat on discord or something - i don't prospect into Europe so won't be stepping on your toes. Might be handy to share ideas.
Hey poseidn, are you still doing email marketing agency? Shoot me a PM if yes, I cant access your profile. Would love to connect.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.