The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Mail Marketing Agency (Not Webdesign, but same Principles apply)

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Very interesting, cool that you got setup with a site already! How has it been going with the facebook ads? For me I usually research shopify stores by using adspy tools and then contact the owners via instagram or cold email, same as you are doing the manual lead generation I guess...

I also invested into pimping up my linked-in profile a bit and was posting content there for a while, very inconsistent though.. I think that DM via Instagram and cold emailing was working better for me.
Fb ads haven't been great. I only have 1 case study and no one has contacted me yet.

Thinking of hiring someone from Upwork to start building a list of names and then contact them.

I looked in to working on Upwork but I can't bring myself to do work for a few reviews.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #9

Pomodoro Sessions: 11
Sleep: 7 hrs 10 min

To dos that I completed:

Extremely increased my knowledge in my field of expertise today (Email Marketing) --> Since one of my client stores is being run on DRIP and not on Klaviyo, I spent around 4 hours today fiddling around in there and setting up flows, was actually not too bad. I still prefer Klaviyo, but atleast now I know that I can also take on people who run their Email Marketing in DRIP and that opens up a whole new customer base for me.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Fb ads haven't been great. I only have 1 case study and no one has contacted me yet.

Thinking of hiring someone from Upwork to start building a list of names and then contact them.

I looked in to working on Upwork but I can't bring myself to do work for a few reviews.

Yes, Facebook Ads is for later, we both need to be doing more manual outreach at this point, talk to people personally on the phone and via zoom calls and get them to build trust. Thats why im currently not taking any setup fee's... only % of Revenue (=0 risk and barrier to start working with me).

Word of mouth is completely underrated in todays market, but this is how I will build my Email Agency --> Do a great job and get more referrals and choose wisely about which clients to take on.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #10

Pomodoro Sessions: 10
Sleep: 6 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Upgraded my skills & knowledge
- Client calls & Employee calls

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
From my experience, FB/Google Ads never work for digital agencies.

Not sure why, but I'd save your money/budget for more effective channels.

P.S. I know you said they are for later. Just wanted to throw that out there ha

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
I disagree. If you nail down the fundamentals, it works like nothing else.
Let me restate. That was a BIG generalization I made. Very wrong of me.
From my experience & discussions with agencies I've worked with, none of them utilize Google Ads or Facebook ads as their primary source of client acquisition because they yield higher returns from other channels that require less upfront investment.
Btw @Champion loving the action!

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Let me restate. That was a BIG generalization I made. Very wrong of me.
From my experience & discussions with agencies I've worked with, none of them utilize Google Ads or Facebook ads as their primary source of client acquisition because they yield higher returns from other channels that require less upfront investment.
Btw @Champion loving the action!
Got it. Most of the agencies do use other channels as their primary source. But I have seen top agencies using facebook, Google ads as second or even first primary source. Check KingKong agency by Suby Sabri. You will know what i am talking about.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #11

Pomodoro Sessions: 6
Sleep: 8 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Finally got access to my clients Klaviyo account with 60k Email Subscribers. These guys have never sent a single campaign or setup any proper flows (they grew to 60k subscribers/customers in just 6 months and had other priorities)
- Really looking forward to apply all the segmentation, tips, tricks and hacks that klaviyo has to offer on their email marketing strategy, commited to create huge value for this client
- My other clients are also super happy with the work I've been delivering, I feel like I just need to keep doing what im doing, hard work is paying off
- Word of mouth really is underrated these days, im sure that after I keep doing good work for my clients, they know people just like them and more will follow. The key to success is building a team so I can duplicate myself and be able to handle the workload, its good im in touch already with a few people who have done it for agencies (built a team and scaled to 50-150k profit/month with it).

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Day #11

To dos that I completed:

- Finally got access to my clients Klaviyo account with 60k Email Subscribers. These guys have never sent a single campaign or setup any proper flows (they grew to 60k subscribers/customers in just 6 months and had other priorities)
- Really looking forward to apply all the segmentation, tips, tricks and hacks that klaviyo has to offer on their email marketing strategy, commited to create huge value for this client
- My other clients are also super happy with the work I've been delivering, I feel like I just need to keep doing what im doing, hard work is paying off
- Word of mouth really is underrated these days, im sure that after I keep doing good work for my clients, they know people just like them and more will follow. The key to success is building a team so I can duplicate myself and be able to handle the workload, its good im in touch already with a few people who have done it for agencies (built a team and scaled to 50-150k profit/month with it).

Wow that's crazy. I think there is so many ecom stores not leveraging email to their potential. Congrats on the work.

I've also came across another company in the UK that charges about 10k to set up flows. Serious money to be made.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Wow that's crazy. I think there is so many ecom stores not leveraging email to their potential. Congrats on the work.

I've also came across another company in the UK that charges about 10k to set up flows. Serious money to be made.
Yes, any type of Agency can be extremely successfull... it really just is about providing VALUE and having your existing clients refer you to new ones. Step by step, increase the prices, its actually pretty forward, just need to be willing to give your initial clients a MOUTH WATERING deal, thats completely stupid to pass up on.

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
Day #11

To dos that I completed:

What flows were you thinking of setting up?

Went through the Klaviyo Academy a while back. Great tool. Much prefer it to the others.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
What flows were you thinking of setting up?

Went through the Klaviyo Academy a while back. Great tool. Much prefer it to the others.
Indeed, Klaviyo has a great bank of resources.

Regarding the flows, starting off with the usual stuff:
- Abandoned checkout
- Browse abandonment
-Welcome Series
- Thankyou Flow
- Postpurchase Upsell

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #12

Sleep: 7 hrs

To dos that I completed:

- Onboarded 2 interns that started today and will be working for me for 2 months (25 hours per week, each of them)
- Had a 1hr call with client, got his input and then worked 2hrs on his project
- Started getting setup with the flows for my biggest client
- Followedup with a prospect who I verbally closed already, just not on paper yet. I already sent him the contract, so just waiting to get it back in writing.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #13

Pomodoro Sessions: 13

To dos that I completed:
- Completed 2 main flows (welcome series + abandoned checkout) for the client with 60k email list --> tommorow we have a call to approve everything and then its going live. After 1 month, I start earning 10% of revenues, this will be good.
- Worked on another clients email klaviyo, recorded loom video, learnt a lot and implemented a customer feedback survey
- Setup a popup and flow for another client (2hrs)

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Day #13

Pomodoro Sessions: 13

To dos that I completed:
- Completed 2 main flows (welcome series + abandoned checkout) for the client with 60k email list --> tommorow we have a call to approve everything and then its going live. After 1 month, I start earning 10% of revenues, this will be good.
- Worked on another clients email klaviyo, recorded loom video, learnt a lot and implemented a customer feedback survey
- Setup a popup and flow for another client (2hrs)
Keep up the work!

Following your thread.
Why not share something about your email flows so that others can benefit?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #14

Sleep: 7.5 hrs

To dos that I completed:
- did 30 mins cold emailing prospective leads
- worked for 1 hour on strategy of a clients store --> Will setup sunset flow + customer winback flow, also for the manual campaigns, will bring more structure into the way they are sending out their emails. So far, they have been sending one off emails when they have a sale, now we will have a sequence for every sale (i.e. 1-2 emails to warm/hype up the sale, then the main sale email and then a buyers exclusive close so that those people who purchased, get offered an upsell).
- Today I set the flows live for my biggest client thus far (60k email list). I get paid 10% of email revenue, so im really motivated to make these Emails PERFORM.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Keep up the work!

Following your thread.
Why not share something about your email flows so that others can benefit?
I will try to share more technical aspects, however, in my opinion this is really only 20% of success. 80% is the mindest and getting started with an activity that allows you to get into a positive feedback loop, no matter how small that activity may be in the begining. Just make sure you get into a positive feedback loop and get started!

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
I will try to share more technical aspects, however, in my opinion this is really only 20% of success. 80% is the mindest and getting started with an activity that allows you to get into a positive feedback loop, no matter how small that activity may be in the begining. Just make sure you get into a positive feedback loop and get started!
Then share that mindset?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #15

Pomodoro Sessions: 9
Sleep: 6.75 hrs

To dos that I completed:
- Setup a new system and tracking sheet to keep a good overview of clients, how much revenue we are making and then also a billing system so can always send out invoices on time once per month at the right amounts
- Completed Welcome Series + ATC Checkout sequence for one of my clients in the male jewellery business. Welcome series = 2 weeks in total, mixture of 2 value emails and the rest are sales emails. I always split-test pure text email vs HTML emails.
- Setup a browse abandonment flow for my biggest client and tommorow will setup their thankyou flow

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Then share that mindset?
This video has made a huge difference for me:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKYJjCqUv4

I think content from Sam Ovens in generell is very huge regarding mindset.

Also, I advise everyone to take this personality test: Free personality test, type descriptions, relationship and career advice | 16Personalities

I would love for you guys to share your results here in this thread if you take it and we can discuss a bit about how you can use it in your business.

Personally, im an ENFJ... and just really consciously found out about this around 2 months ago. My big weaknesses in Business are the "N" and "F" components.

N = Intuitive, which means I like to be creative, fiddle with things, be random and try out new things. The way this often plays out in reality for a lot of people however (and it also did for me), is in chasing silver bullets or shiny objects.

Finding out that I had this trait, allowed me to make sense of it and now I work much more on my "S" or Observant skills. I pre-structure and plan my week and dont allow my "Intuition" to sidetrack me as much during day to day business.

The other component "F" = Feeling, is the big one that has damaged a lot of my progress in business in the past. Whenever I had big setbacks, it was ALWAYS.. and I really mean always.. literally every single time.. an emotional thing that messed me up. Now, I have decided for myself to make business decisions much more from the "T" = Thinking perspective and this has also helped me out a lot.

Would love to hear what personality types you guys get in the test. Also a word of caution: you personality is never fixed, its maleable and always changing. Also, dont be discouraged if you end up getting a result, that you think is not ideal for entrepreneurship. You can always change your traits and move into the direction that you want to go, you are not bound by anything. Nonetheless, the test has still taught me a lot and helped me to make a lot more sense of many things, so im really looking forward to discuss personality types with you guys!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #16

Pomodoro Sessions: 5

Realizations:
- Really noticed how I took on a lot of clients at once and I need to focus on delivering good work now, rather than trying to expand too quickly --> Know exactly whats needed to deliver a good job, mark all the steps and systemize everything, then scale more.

To dos that I completed:
- 1hr call with client in the morning
- 1hr call with my 4 interns, they are doing good jobs so far
- Completed thankyou flow for my biggest client
- Worked 2 hours setting up manual campaign templates for another client
- Managed getting access and setting up klaviyo acc for a new client I will start with

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #17

Sleep: 7.25 hrs

Realizations:
- I really need to focus on getting bigger clients that make more revenue per month, since im getting paid %'s. If I take on too many small clients, I will spread myself too thin, since they take the same amount of work but dont pay more than bigger clients. In fact, bigger clients seem to be way more pleasurable to work with, since they are not so tight with money.

To dos that I completed:
- Watched Chase Dimonds ecom email marketing course. Was ok, but nothing crazy special
- Worked on manual campaign templates and got some good stuff going, I will be able to reuse this for many other clients too
- Got a new system for campaign scheduling and communicating with clients, really looking forward to systemize more in the coming weeks.

New Target Updates:
- I have set myself the goal to reach 10k/month profit by end of August
- Next goal after that is still to reach 100k/month profit until 10th of December this year

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #18

Pomodoro Sessions: 5

I Completed my weekly self reflection questions, which looks as follows:

LESSONS: What realizations/epiphanies did you have this week?

LIEF NOT GOOD: What didn't go well this week and why? What will I do better next week to prevent it?

OUTCOMES/RESULTS: What all did I accomplish this week? (This point is hugely important because often with all the wanting to get better, we overlook all the things we can already do and have accomplished) --> Gratitude

♀️BODY: How was I to my body this week? (Gym, eating healthy, sleep, etc..)

RELATIONSHIPS: What new people did I meet? (--> Relationship Planner + Birthday Wishes) -> people who I care about in my circle who have birthdays I always send a short message

⏰INPUT (Energy): How many total hours were you productive? Approximately how many hours did I sleep?

PRIORITIZATION: Did you work on revenue generating tasks? Was your calendar well planned this week, full of High Leverage tasks and did you always know exactly what to do? If not, better prepare it for next week.

FOCUS = NO DISTRACTIONS: What tried to distract me the most this week? What can I do to stop it?

BUSINESS: What results did you get for your clients? How much money did your business make?

TO-DO's for next week: what are the most important projects for next week? Rank them by importance and Pareto principle.

Plan: Divide the projects into the next week, so you know on which day and what time you have to do what.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #19

Pomodoro Sessions: 14

To dos that I completed:

- Sent the first manual campaign for my biggest client (60k Email List) --> Was a smaller segment of 13k. Open rate is >20% so im good!
- Worked for 3 hours on other clients tasks, created a winback flow & sunset flow template and going to share my results once I learn more about what really performs best in this regard
- Tommorow im going to onboard a new client that does around 50k revenue per month and im getting 12% of revenue generated with email from their store, going to be good!

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Day #17

Sleep: 7.25 hrs

Realizations:
- I really need to focus on getting bigger clients that make more revenue per month, since im getting paid %'s. If I take on too many small clients, I will spread myself too thin, since they take the same amount of work but dont pay more than bigger clients. In fact, bigger clients seem to be way more pleasurable to work with, since they are not so tight with money.

To dos that I completed:
- Watched Chase Dimonds ecom email marketing course. Was ok, but nothing crazy special
- Worked on manual campaign templates and got some good stuff going, I will be able to reuse this for many other clients too
- Got a new system for campaign scheduling and communicating with clients, really looking forward to systemize more in the coming weeks.

New Target Updates:
- I have set myself the goal to reach 10k/month profit by end of August
- Next goal after that is still to reach 100k/month profit until 10th of December this year

Maybe it could be best to work with businesses who make minimum 50k per month or have a minimum list of 10000 people.

You have to think of the dip in certain months in sales that might affect your business.

The Flowium websites has courses to buy. There's one on email flows which is quite good.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #20

Pomodoro Sessions: 12

To dos that I completed:
- Onboarded a new client, setup his abandoned checkout and welcome series flow --> his store makes approx 50k rev per month
- Scheduled more campaigns for 60k email list, everything is looking great and cash is coming in, so happy that the open rates are all good.. despite the email list was inactive for a long time.
- Setup a customer winback flow for my biggest client
- Managed my employees and gave some instructions about cold emailing

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Maybe it could be best to work with businesses who make minimum 50k per month or have a minimum list of 10000 people.

You have to think of the dip in certain months in sales that might affect your business.

The Flowium websites has courses to buy. There's one on email flows which is quite good.
Yes, indeed they should be making atleast 50k+ per month to take % only.

However, im really happy I took on pretty much any client I was able to in the begining, because its helped me build momentum, plus confidence to deliver results.

Interesting that flowium has a course, I will try to check that out soon. Im consuming as much content and trying to get my hands on anything related to email marketing atm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.