The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Mail Marketing Agency (Not Webdesign, but same Principles apply)

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
Awesome stuff, I've been planning on doing the same recently and I also believe the potential is there. Not enough agencies doing quality e-mail marketing, too many doing PPC.

I'm a copywriter by trade but have been doing a lot of e-mail marketing for clients and figuring out Klaviyo. It's pretty awesome.

Nice to meet you!
Same goes for you Simon. If you're doing an email marketing agency and want to discuss best practices, tips, and just general networking pls just DM me and we can stay in touch on discord or something.

Got a few clients on the ecom side of things so happy to share any learnings/problems i've had that could help you out, and likewise for me

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
1month in, how many calls have you had? How many offers have you made? I started a new JV ecommerce email marketing agency 1month ago too. Good place to be.

DM me if you want to chat on discord or something - i don't prospect into Europe so won't be stepping on your toes. Might be handy to share ideas.
Hey Poseidn, the reality is somewhere around 10 calls so far, this is obviously not enough, but its also because we are following a more long-term/passive social selling strategy. Nonetheless, we have connected with over 100-150 people on instagram and around 20-30 on Linkedin during this month, so its not that we are not doing anything.

Good to hear that you are also doing an e-mail marketing agency, I will send you a PM now and im deffinetly looking forward to connect.

Best
Champion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
1month in, how many calls have you had? How many offers have you made? I started a new JV ecommerce email marketing agency 1month ago too. Good place to be.

DM me if you want to chat on discord or something - i don't prospect into Europe so won't be stepping on your toes. Might be handy to share ideas.
For some reason I couldnt send you a PM. I think would be easiest if you send me a message on my insta (johnny_ecom) and we can talk there.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #1

Total time worked: 16 Pomodoros (Productive 25 min working sessions)
Total time slept: 6hrs 15 min (Bad Sleep last night)

Summary of To Do's that I completed today:
- Recorded a loom vide of performance for one client (currently 2 active clients for the E-Mail Marketing Agency)
- Recorded a feedback video for one of my employees that setup a manual email marketing campaign for my client --> Some mistakes she made, she will do better next time
- Had my onboarding call with klaviyo partners
- Sorted out the tasks that 2 other employees will do this week and communicated to them over slack
- Worked on website for 4 hours --> I want future prospects to be able to buy the marketing package straight on the website and checkout on there, so I can automate things more easily

Next update tommorow!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #4:

Total time worked: 16 Pomodoros
Total time slept: 7hrs 30 min (Slept worse than the nights before and really felt it today)

So today I actually had to go home and sleep for 3 hours after lunch. Was feeling extremely tired and im still sick at the moment. When I left the office to go home, I had finished 9 pomodoro sessions. I woke up after sleeping 3 hours and thought to myself: should I work from home or should I go to the office and really ensure I get my 16 sessions in today. Ofcourse, I made the right decision an discipline prevailed --> I went to the office and got it done, was the right decision. Just another example how inconsistency can come creeping in if you let it

Summary of the To Do's that I completed today:
- Watched 5h 30min of CTR Accelerator course (current course that im following to record content for my video Ads)

Next update tommorow

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #16

Pomodoro Sessions: 13 --> Again I didnt reach my goal of 16 Pomodoros today, but atleast its an improvement compared to yesterday.
Sleep: 7 hrs 15 mins

To dos that I completed:
- I Worked the entire day on creating a webinar for my service. I expect it to be ready in 2-3 Days and once it is, there are only a few videos that I still need to record and then I can go live with paid ads.

p.s. if anyone has experience running facebook video ad FUNNELS (not just AD --> Sales Page), please PM me, I really could use your advice!

Best,
Champion

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Hey Everyone,

I want to use this post to share my Journey in building an E-Mail Marketing Agency, which I believe is a similar goal to many of you who are building your webdesign agency. I have experience running my own Shopify store and was making around 40k Revenue per month at the maximum point (10-15% Margin). Now I have decided to step away from running my own online store and instead focus on Agency work, since I want to keep my business completely 100% digital (dont want to handle physical returns). I see lots of Potential, which is why im going all in on this idea.

I will try to post at least 2-3 times per week in here to keep you guys updated about my actions, how its moving forward and whats happening.

Here is a summary of my Situation so far:

- Im focusing on this business full-time (quit my job 4 months ago, been travelling and working simultaneously)
- I acquired 3 clients so far, each of them paid approx 1k Euros and they will also be paying me 10% of revenues generated by email marketing for the next 2 months.
- My website: emailperformancemarketing.de (its in German, but im very happy if anyone experienced with agency business can give me feedback)
- Current focus is to build a team (hire 2-3 people) so that I can have an automated system Lead Generation --> Lead Conversion --> Service Fulfillment system
- I intend to focus on Social Selling via Instagram + Linkedin Platform. If you have an agency business and are doing something similar, please PM me to connect, I really want to share and discuss my strategy in-depth with other people who are doing this.
- My goal is to bring this business to 100k Profit/ Month by 10th of December this year

If you are interested to follow my Journey in this business, I would really appreciate it if you leave a short post and introduce yourself so that we can connect. Also, it motivates me to keep this post active and keep sharing my progress on a more regular basis.

Best,
Champion

Hey I own GoGoChimp and we help clients with email marketing and conversion rate optimization. Reach out anytime if you want to connect.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #26

Pomodoro Sessions: 6 (only worked half-day today, enjoyed a walk in the park in the morning)
Sleep: 7hrs 45min

To dos that I completed:
- Launched my performance AD in US, Australia and UK
- Prepared strategy for manual outreach for my interns, they already generated a lot of leads and now will contact these shops via cold email
- Realized that my current price point is high and I need to build a value ladder to move people towards buying this product

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #27

Pomodoro Sessions: 11
Sleep: 7 hrs 30min

To dos that I completed:

- Launched an email lead generation (quiz type) funnel
- Mapped out what my value ladder can look like
- Had meetings with my interns and delegated tasks to them about how to make cold acquisition sales to leads

--> I realize that I need to regroup my thoughts and think about what exact steps will get me to make revenue now

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #2

Pomodoro Sessions: 13
Sleep: 7 hrs 45 min

To dos that I completed:

- Contacted around 30 leads via mixture of telefone, insta and email (Focused entire day on sales and tommorow will look the same)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #2

Sleep: 5 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Lead Generation
- Closed 2 sales calls for tommorow, would be sick if I can close both of them!
- My interns gotten the hang of what they need to do, super efficient and effective now. They are still here for 5 more weeks, cant wait to hustle together!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #3

Pomodoro Sessions: 10
Sleep: 6 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:
- Had 3 calls with clients, things moving forward
- strategic call with interns, very good
- Arranged 1 sales call for next week tuesday, should be able to close
- prepared presentation materials for more closing calls

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #5 (Sunday = Offday)

Pomodoro Sessions: 0
Sleep: 8 hrs

To dos that I completed:
- Reflected last week --> I need to work on my consistency & discipline. I can recommend this video to anyone struggling with discipline:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKYJjCqUv4

- Planned next week

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
This is cool.

I've just started my own e-commerce email marketing agency also. It was one problem I found a lot of Shopify stores have.

I checked the stats of my own Shopify store and email marketing brought in about 40% of all sales which is crazy so email is well and truly alive.

I found a guy who has an amazing email marketing agency and he's from the Ukraine but living in USA. His agency is called Flowium.

I'm still searching for my first client even though I've only just started this 2 days ago.

I'm charging a flat fee to set up the flows and I'm also taking 10% of the revenue I make from their campaigns every month.

How are you prospecting? What do you say when you reach out to these businesses?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #6

Pomodoro Sessions: 14
Sleep: 8 hrs

To dos that I completed:
- Did leadgeneration
- Called with 2 Prospects (closed 1 of them, the other one I will have a follow-up call tommorow)
- Closed a deal on upwork for $150, should not take more than 2-3 hours max --> Very good

Im quite happy, because my persistence has finally started to pay off. I think I found the way to get clients now, its literally just reaching out to as many shops as possible that you find are running ads.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Hey man, that sounds really cool.

Flowium looks interesting, the prices are crazy high in my opinion, do you know how many clients he has that he is charging those prices?

I have decided for me that it makes most sense to charge % of revenue and no setup fee's, since it allows me to close clients more easily.

--> Those clients that are making a lot of revenue and not a pain in the a$$ I continue working with, while those clients who make little revenue or pain in the a$$ I drop.

Are you in the US?

Prices are high but I think it's worth it.

I just checked my own data for my shopify store and email & text marketing brought in 40% of our sales. I didn't even realise this until I checked. That was €70,000 from email and text flows and our campaigns.

I'd easily pay someone €3000 to set up my flows if it brought me that much revenue. Plus when the flows are set up they will be there for years, they may just need a tweak here and there.

I'm trying to get my first clients,I've built out a quick website and I'm driving Facebook ads to this landing page - Case Study - Arete Digital so far no contact yet but I'm building a list of 100 names to contact this week. I'll be DM'ing them on insta and then sending a video via Loom.

I've read up about the % per revenue for doing emails and so far it doesn't look good. A few people said that the companies don't pay because the bill can get really high and they don't pay it, plus it can be unpredictable when times are quiet.

I'm in Europe as well, Ireland.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #7

Sleep: 7 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- 2 Sales Calls (closed both)
- Client #1: Shopify store making around 150k Revenue per month, the deal is that il take 10% of email marketing revenue and no fix fee's
- Client #2: Will be working together on a store and setting up all the flows, he pays me 25$/hr for now, later if the work is good, we will think about rev share models

I actually had a 3rd call planned today, but the guy bailed.

- Client call: got all the info and Klaviyo access from another client I closed 2 days ago, she is paying me 150$ to migrate her list from MailCheat(Chimp) to klaviyo and to setup an abandoned checkout sequence, going to be a quick implementation tommorow I guess.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Prices are high but I think it's worth it.

I just checked my own data for my shopify store and email & text marketing brought in 40% of our sales. I didn't even realise this until I checked. That was €70,000 from email and text flows and our campaigns.

I'd easily pay someone €3000 to set up my flows if it brought me that much revenue. Plus when the flows are set up they will be there for years, they may just need a tweak here and there.

I'm trying to get my first clients,I've built out a quick website and I'm driving Facebook ads to this landing page - Case Study - Arete Digital so far no contact yet but I'm building a list of 100 names to contact this week. I'll be DM'ing them on insta and then sending a video via Loom.

I've read up about the % per revenue for doing emails and so far it doesn't look good. A few people said that the companies don't pay because the bill can get really high and they don't pay it, plus it can be unpredictable when times are quiet.

I'm in Europe as well, Ireland.

Very interesting, cool that you got setup with a site already! How has it been going with the facebook ads? For me I usually research shopify stores by using adspy tools and then contact the owners via instagram or cold email, same as you are doing the manual lead generation I guess...

I also invested into pimping up my linked-in profile a bit and was posting content there for a while, very inconsistent though.. I think that DM via Instagram and cold emailing was working better for me.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Very interesting, cool that you got setup with a site already! How has it been going with the facebook ads? For me I usually research shopify stores by using adspy tools and then contact the owners via instagram or cold email, same as you are doing the manual lead generation I guess...

I also invested into pimping up my linked-in profile a bit and was posting content there for a while, very inconsistent though.. I think that DM via Instagram and cold emailing was working better for me.
Fb ads haven't been great. I only have 1 case study and no one has contacted me yet.

Thinking of hiring someone from Upwork to start building a list of names and then contact them.

I looked in to working on Upwork but I can't bring myself to do work for a few reviews.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Fb ads haven't been great. I only have 1 case study and no one has contacted me yet.

Thinking of hiring someone from Upwork to start building a list of names and then contact them.

I looked in to working on Upwork but I can't bring myself to do work for a few reviews.

Yes, Facebook Ads is for later, we both need to be doing more manual outreach at this point, talk to people personally on the phone and via zoom calls and get them to build trust. Thats why im currently not taking any setup fee's... only % of Revenue (=0 risk and barrier to start working with me).

Word of mouth is completely underrated in todays market, but this is how I will build my Email Agency --> Do a great job and get more referrals and choose wisely about which clients to take on.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #10

Sleep: 6 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Upgraded my skills & knowledge
- Client calls & Employee calls

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #11

Pomodoro Sessions: 6
Sleep: 8 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Finally got access to my clients Klaviyo account with 60k Email Subscribers. These guys have never sent a single campaign or setup any proper flows (they grew to 60k subscribers/customers in just 6 months and had other priorities)
- Really looking forward to apply all the segmentation, tips, tricks and hacks that klaviyo has to offer on their email marketing strategy, commited to create huge value for this client
- My other clients are also super happy with the work I've been delivering, I feel like I just need to keep doing what im doing, hard work is paying off
- Word of mouth really is underrated these days, im sure that after I keep doing good work for my clients, they know people just like them and more will follow. The key to success is building a team so I can duplicate myself and be able to handle the workload, its good im in touch already with a few people who have done it for agencies (built a team and scaled to 50-150k profit/month with it).

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Wow that's crazy. I think there is so many ecom stores not leveraging email to their potential. Congrats on the work.

I've also came across another company in the UK that charges about 10k to set up flows. Serious money to be made.
Yes, any type of Agency can be extremely successfull... it really just is about providing VALUE and having your existing clients refer you to new ones. Step by step, increase the prices, its actually pretty forward, just need to be willing to give your initial clients a MOUTH WATERING deal, thats completely stupid to pass up on.

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
Day #11

Pomodoro Sessions: 6
Sleep: 8 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Finally got access to my clients Klaviyo account with 60k Email Subscribers. These guys have never sent a single campaign or setup any proper flows (they grew to 60k subscribers/customers in just 6 months and had other priorities)
- Really looking forward to apply all the segmentation, tips, tricks and hacks that klaviyo has to offer on their email marketing strategy, commited to create huge value for this client
What flows were you thinking of setting up?

Went through the Klaviyo Academy a while back. Great tool. Much prefer it to the others.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
What flows were you thinking of setting up?

Went through the Klaviyo Academy a while back. Great tool. Much prefer it to the others.
Indeed, Klaviyo has a great bank of resources.

Regarding the flows, starting off with the usual stuff:
- Abandoned checkout
- Browse abandonment
-Welcome Series
- Thankyou Flow
- Postpurchase Upsell

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #12

Sleep: 7 hrs

To dos that I completed:

- Onboarded 2 interns that started today and will be working for me for 2 months (25 hours per week, each of them)
- Had a 1hr call with client, got his input and then worked 2hrs on his project
- Started getting setup with the flows for my biggest client
- Followedup with a prospect who I verbally closed already, just not on paper yet. I already sent him the contract, so just waiting to get it back in writing.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #13

To dos that I completed:
- Completed 2 main flows (welcome series + abandoned checkout) for the client with 60k email list --> tommorow we have a call to approve everything and then its going live. After 1 month, I start earning 10% of revenues, this will be good.
- Worked on another clients email klaviyo, recorded loom video, learnt a lot and implemented a customer feedback survey
- Setup a popup and flow for another client (2hrs)

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Day #13

To dos that I completed:
- Completed 2 main flows (welcome series + abandoned checkout) for the client with 60k email list --> tommorow we have a call to approve everything and then its going live. After 1 month, I start earning 10% of revenues, this will be good.
- Worked on another clients email klaviyo, recorded loom video, learnt a lot and implemented a customer feedback survey
- Setup a popup and flow for another client (2hrs)
Keep up the work!

Following your thread.
Why not share something about your email flows so that others can benefit?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #14

Sleep: 7.5 hrs

To dos that I completed:
- did 30 mins cold emailing prospective leads
- worked for 1 hour on strategy of a clients store --> Will setup sunset flow + customer winback flow, also for the manual campaigns, will bring more structure into the way they are sending out their emails. So far, they have been sending one off emails when they have a sale, now we will have a sequence for every sale (i.e. 1-2 emails to warm/hype up the sale, then the main sale email and then a buyers exclusive close so that those people who purchased, get offered an upsell).
- Today I set the flows live for my biggest client thus far (60k email list). I get paid 10% of email revenue, so im really motivated to make these Emails PERFORM.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.