The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Mail Marketing Agency (Not Webdesign, but same Principles apply)

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I want to use this post to share my Journey in building an E-Mail Marketing Agency, which I believe is a similar goal to many of you who are building your webdesign agency. I have experience running my own Shopify store and was making around 40k Revenue per month at the maximum point (10-15% Margin). Now I have decided to step away from running my own online store and instead focus on Agency work, since I want to keep my business completely 100% digital (dont want to handle physical returns). I see lots of Potential, which is why im going all in on this idea.

I will try to post at least 2-3 times per week in here to keep you guys updated about my actions, how its moving forward and whats happening.

Here is a summary of my Situation so far:

- Im focusing on this business full-time (quit my job 4 months ago, been travelling and working simultaneously)
- I acquired 3 clients so far, each of them paid approx 1k Euros and they will also be paying me 10% of revenues generated by email marketing for the next 2 months.
- My website: emailperformancemarketing.de (its in German, but im very happy if anyone experienced with agency business can give me feedback)
- Current focus is to build a team (hire 2-3 people) so that I can have an automated system Lead Generation --> Lead Conversion --> Service Fulfillment system
- I intend to focus on Social Selling via Instagram + Linkedin Platform. If you have an agency business and are doing something similar, please PM me to connect, I really want to share and discuss my strategy in-depth with other people who are doing this.
- My goal is to bring this business to 100k Profit/ Month by 10th of December this year

If you are interested to follow my Journey in this business, I would really appreciate it if you leave a short post and introduce yourself so that we can connect. Also, it motivates me to keep this post active and keep sharing my progress on a more regular basis.

Best,
Champion
Great site. Your CTA doesn't stand out enough in my opinion since it's green like everything else. Maybe go for more contrast?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Great site. Your CTA doesn't stand out enough in my opinion since it's green like everything else. Maybe go for more contrast?

Hey, thanks a lot for your advice! I agree totally that a different colour on the CTA Button would probably have a positive impact on conversions. Actually that is my old site though, I have built a completely new site, I will PM you and maybe you can let me know what you think.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #14

Pomodoro Sessions: 0 (Sunday is my cheat day, just resting, reflecting and planning)
Sleep: 8 hrs

To dos that I completed:
- Planned next week perfectly, every task is ready in my calendar, cant wait to get started.
- Drove from Berlin to Hamburg, im back in my apartment now and booking myself into a coworking tommorow --> 100% Focus!!

Best,
Champion

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
Hey, thanks a lot for your advice! I agree totally that a different colour on the CTA Button would probably have a positive impact on conversions. Actually that is my old site though, I have built a completely new site, I will PM you and maybe you can let me know what you think.
Sure. I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to take a look and give feedback for what it's worth.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #15

Pomodoro Sessions: 11 --> I moved into my new office today, was a bit late and didnt manage to complete my 16 sessions that I want to actually complete daily
Sleep: 6 hrs 50 mins

To dos that I completed:
- Worked on and set everything in motion for a kickass testimonials video creative for my service (Fbook ads)
- Got started creating a 15-20 minute webinar to warm up my leads
- Got a new office space, so I know where il be hustling the next 2 months
- Filled the fridge with healthy good food, tommorow morning I can cook before going out to work and so il have healthy broccoli and everything to give me energy (Today I had to eat crappy food outside)
- Tracking all my habits and getting back into every single one of them, great momentum is getting started

Next update tommorow!

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #16

Pomodoro Sessions: 13 --> Again I didnt reach my goal of 16 Pomodoros today, but atleast its an improvement compared to yesterday.
Sleep: 7 hrs 15 mins

To dos that I completed:
- I Worked the entire day on creating a webinar for my service. I expect it to be ready in 2-3 Days and once it is, there are only a few videos that I still need to record and then I can go live with paid ads.

p.s. if anyone has experience running facebook video ad FUNNELS (not just AD --> Sales Page), please PM me, I really could use your advice!

Best,
Champion

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Hey Everyone,

I want to use this post to share my Journey in building an E-Mail Marketing Agency, which I believe is a similar goal to many of you who are building your webdesign agency. I have experience running my own Shopify store and was making around 40k Revenue per month at the maximum point (10-15% Margin). Now I have decided to step away from running my own online store and instead focus on Agency work, since I want to keep my business completely 100% digital (dont want to handle physical returns). I see lots of Potential, which is why im going all in on this idea.

I will try to post at least 2-3 times per week in here to keep you guys updated about my actions, how its moving forward and whats happening.

Here is a summary of my Situation so far:

- Im focusing on this business full-time (quit my job 4 months ago, been travelling and working simultaneously)
- I acquired 3 clients so far, each of them paid approx 1k Euros and they will also be paying me 10% of revenues generated by email marketing for the next 2 months.
- My website: emailperformancemarketing.de (its in German, but im very happy if anyone experienced with agency business can give me feedback)
- Current focus is to build a team (hire 2-3 people) so that I can have an automated system Lead Generation --> Lead Conversion --> Service Fulfillment system
- I intend to focus on Social Selling via Instagram + Linkedin Platform. If you have an agency business and are doing something similar, please PM me to connect, I really want to share and discuss my strategy in-depth with other people who are doing this.
- My goal is to bring this business to 100k Profit/ Month by 10th of December this year

If you are interested to follow my Journey in this business, I would really appreciate it if you leave a short post and introduce yourself so that we can connect. Also, it motivates me to keep this post active and keep sharing my progress on a more regular basis.

Best,
Champion

Hey I own GoGoChimp and we help clients with email marketing and conversion rate optimization. Reach out anytime if you want to connect.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #17

Pomodoro Sessions: 12
Sleep: 7 hrs 15 mins

To dos that I completed:
- Again, I Worked the entire day on creating the webinar for my service, this is so much more work than I expected, but its going to be worth it. So far im just creating the slides and I got around 100. I expect the slides to be all done tomorrow and then I can record it in the evening or latest on Friday.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #18

Pomodoro Sessions: 16
Sleep: 7 hrs (This should really have been more the last 3 days, I go to sleep earlier tonight!)

To dos that I completed:

Finally completed all the slides for my webinar, now its just the finishing touches for the notes and tomorrow I will start recording it. Its unbelievable how much more time this took than Initially expected, but I know that its going to be worth it, I have never put as much effort into making one of my businesses work and never had as much focus. Before I was always trying to cut a corner here and there, trying to speed things up by using little hacks or skipping steps, but this time, I am really making sure that everything I do, is being built on a solid foundation. As a consequence, its all taking a bit longer, but im confident it'l be worth it.

Going to sleep early now, so I will give you guys my next update tommorow!

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #19

Pomodoro Sessions: 16
Sleep: 8 30 hrs (Oh wow... how amazing it feels when you actually sleep as much as you are supposed to sleep...)

To dos that I completed:
- Started recording the webinar, so far only recorded approx. 4 minutes (total will be around 30-40 min). Kinda crazy... I really didnt expect this to be so much work and take as long as its taking right now. I learnt a lot however, about how short and crips your sentences need to be and that you need to change the slides up a lot, so that it doesnt get boring throughout... really important!

Next update tommorow.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #20 + Day #21

Pomodoro Sessions: 10 ( Saturday 10, Sunday = Offday)
Sleep: 7hrs 15 min + 7 hrs 20 min

To dos that I completed:
- Recorded 3 great scroll stopper videos for my ads --> Will see how they end up performing, but I think its going to be crazy
- Did a photoshooting which I will use for my ad campaign and also branding on my IG profile
- Completed Bookkeeping and taxes for April + May (took 3 hours in total)
- Finished recording my webinar, still not happy with the quality, but I will simply use it as a draft 1 for now, because I badly need to start making some revenue, so I want to go live with my ad campaign and see if this whole funnel even converts.
- Reviewed the week to check all my KPI's. Im actually tracking most important things daily (Sleep, Work input (Pomodoro sessions), Weight, Food (healthy or not), workout tracker, guitar, spanish, and some other stuff...)
- All in all, I was quite satisfied with the week, especially since I was gone for 2 months in Mexico and im just getting back into a super strong routine.

Looking forward to share some kick-off results with u guys next week and hopefully my first sale towards end of the week with the ad campaigns, but I think first sale will probably be after next week. Keep you posted!

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #23

Pomodoro Sessions: 15
Sleep: 7hrs 30min

To dos that I completed:

- Homepage Greeting & Welcome Explainer Video (1 minute long)
- Value video 1 (8 minutes long) --> This is part of my facebook ads strategy
- Value Video 2 (5 minutes long) --> Also part of facebook ads strategy
- Tommorow I will go record the final scenes for my video ads in the city (It will be a nice sunny day) --> Today I took about 1 hour and prepared the locations, script, etc.. really looking forward to shoot it all tommorow with my neighbour!

Keep you guys updated!

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #24

Pomodoro Sessions: 13
Sleep: 8hrs

To dos that I completed:
- Fully setup facebook pixel on my site (its getting closer to launching my ads, I assume tommorow or latest thursday will be the day :D)
- Did my video shooting session (2hrs in total) --> Recorded 9 different scenes
- Spend time cutting, editing and putting the sound over the videos, will be ready soon

Tommorow I work on more ads and then the first ones will be ready to launch, very excited.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #25

Pomodoro Sessions: 10

To dos that I completed:
- Added the Audio Snippets to the videos from videoshooting and synchronised
- Launched PPE Campaign on Facebook with my performance video ad (40 seconds)
- Fixed up my IG channel, but still got work to do to make it look more complete

Next focus is to get the webinar looking really fully Legit and the most important point then is to have people coming in like a real funnel system, converting them. Next update tommorow!

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #26

Pomodoro Sessions: 6 (only worked half-day today, enjoyed a walk in the park in the morning)
Sleep: 7hrs 45min

To dos that I completed:
- Launched my performance AD in US, Australia and UK
- Prepared strategy for manual outreach for my interns, they already generated a lot of leads and now will contact these shops via cold email
- Realized that my current price point is high and I need to build a value ladder to move people towards buying this product

Best
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #27

Pomodoro Sessions: 11
Sleep: 7 hrs 30min

To dos that I completed:

- Launched an email lead generation (quiz type) funnel
- Mapped out what my value ladder can look like
- Had meetings with my interns and delegated tasks to them about how to make cold acquisition sales to leads

--> I realize that I need to regroup my thoughts and think about what exact steps will get me to make revenue now

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #1

--> Yesterday I missed a day of updating the status over here, so I restart from Day #1.

Pomodoro Sessions: 6
Sleep: 7 hrs 30min

To dos that I completed:

- Planned my Week extremely well for next week, I know when im supposed to do what
- Full Focus on Lead Generation + Lead Conversion, I have a new "Bait" offer that I want to retest with manual leadgen by direct DMs
- Reflected well on the past week, completed my weekend routine + finances

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #2

Sleep: 7 hrs 45 min

To dos that I completed:

- Contacted around 30 leads via mixture of telefone, insta and email (Focused entire day on sales and tommorow will look the same)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #1

Sleep: 7 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- I am starting to realize that its really not that easy to build up an agency business with zero word of mouth and without using my personal network to get the jobs (all the jobs I had gotten before were from my business network).
- What I decided to do now, was in addition to my website where I still try to get leads myself, I get clients via Fiverr and Upwork.
- I set my gigs to active on both platforms and I priced the services as cheap as possible (5 Euros). Funny thing is, I know people who sell basically these same services for over 2000 euros, so its really crazy what proper positioning and marketing can do.
- My current goal is to double the rates everytime I get a few reviews (i.e. 1 review --> Double rate, get 2 more reviews --> Double Rate --> get 3 more Reviews --> Double Rate --> Get 4 more reviews --> Double rate).
- I currently got shit tons of time to hustle, so I dont have a problem with trading time for money (Temporarily). I just want to build up my prices confidently and steady.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #2

Sleep: 5 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Lead Generation
- Closed 2 sales calls for tommorow, would be sick if I can close both of them!
- My interns gotten the hang of what they need to do, super efficient and effective now. They are still here for 5 more weeks, cant wait to hustle together!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #3

Sleep: 6 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:
- Had 3 calls with clients, things moving forward
- strategic call with interns, very good
- Arranged 1 sales call for next week tuesday, should be able to close
- prepared presentation materials for more closing calls

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #4

Pomodoro Sessions: 8 (Halfday Saturday)

To dos that I completed:

- Sent 4 Proposals to potential new clients on upwork
- Did lead generation to find potential store owners

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #5 (Sunday = Offday)

Pomodoro Sessions: 0

To dos that I completed:
- Reflected last week --> I need to work on my consistency & discipline. I can recommend this video to anyone struggling with discipline:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKYJjCqUv4

- Planned next week

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
This is cool.

I've just started my own e-commerce email marketing agency also. It was one problem I found a lot of Shopify stores have.

I checked the stats of my own Shopify store and email marketing brought in about 40% of all sales which is crazy so email is well and truly alive.

I found a guy who has an amazing email marketing agency and he's from the Ukraine but living in USA. His agency is called Flowium.

I'm still searching for my first client even though I've only just started this 2 days ago.

I'm charging a flat fee to set up the flows and I'm also taking 10% of the revenue I make from their campaigns every month.

How are you prospecting? What do you say when you reach out to these businesses?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #6

Pomodoro Sessions: 14

To dos that I completed:
- Did leadgeneration
- Called with 2 Prospects (closed 1 of them, the other one I will have a follow-up call tommorow)
- Closed a deal on upwork for $150, should not take more than 2-3 hours max --> Very good

Im quite happy, because my persistence has finally started to pay off. I think I found the way to get clients now, its literally just reaching out to as many shops as possible that you find are running ads.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
This is cool.

I've just started my own e-commerce email marketing agency also. It was one problem I found a lot of Shopify stores have.

I checked the stats of my own Shopify store and email marketing brought in about 40% of all sales which is crazy so email is well and truly alive.

I found a guy who has an amazing email marketing agency and he's from the Ukraine but living in USA. His agency is called Flowium.

I'm still searching for my first client even though I've only just started this 2 days ago.

I'm charging a flat fee to set up the flows and I'm also taking 10% of the revenue I make from their campaigns every month.

How are you prospecting? What do you say when you reach out to these businesses?

Hey man, that sounds really cool.

Flowium looks interesting, the prices are crazy high in my opinion, do you know how many clients he has that he is charging those prices?

I have decided for me that it makes most sense to charge % of revenue and no setup fee's, since it allows me to close clients more easily.

--> Those clients that are making a lot of revenue and not a pain in the a$$ I continue working with, while those clients who make little revenue or pain in the a$$ I drop.

Are you in the US?

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Hey man, that sounds really cool.

Flowium looks interesting, the prices are crazy high in my opinion, do you know how many clients he has that he is charging those prices?

I have decided for me that it makes most sense to charge % of revenue and no setup fee's, since it allows me to close clients more easily.

--> Those clients that are making a lot of revenue and not a pain in the a$$ I continue working with, while those clients who make little revenue or pain in the a$$ I drop.

Are you in the US?

Prices are high but I think it's worth it.

I just checked my own data for my shopify store and email & text marketing brought in 40% of our sales. I didn't even realise this until I checked. That was €70,000 from email and text flows and our campaigns.

I'd easily pay someone €3000 to set up my flows if it brought me that much revenue. Plus when the flows are set up they will be there for years, they may just need a tweak here and there.

I'm trying to get my first clients,I've built out a quick website and I'm driving Facebook ads to this landing page - Case Study - Arete Digital so far no contact yet but I'm building a list of 100 names to contact this week. I'll be DM'ing them on insta and then sending a video via Loom.

I've read up about the % per revenue for doing emails and so far it doesn't look good. A few people said that the companies don't pay because the bill can get really high and they don't pay it, plus it can be unpredictable when times are quiet.

I'm in Europe as well, Ireland.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #7

Sleep: 7 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- 2 Sales Calls (closed both)
- Client #1: Shopify store making around 150k Revenue per month, the deal is that il take 10% of email marketing revenue and no fix fee's
- Client #2: Will be working together on a store and setting up all the flows, he pays me 25$/hr for now, later if the work is good, we will think about rev share models

I actually had a 3rd call planned today, but the guy bailed.

- Client call: got all the info and Klaviyo access from another client I closed 2 days ago, she is paying me 150$ to migrate her list from MailCheat(Chimp) to klaviyo and to setup an abandoned checkout sequence, going to be a quick implementation tommorow I guess.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Prices are high but I think it's worth it.

I just checked my own data for my shopify store and email & text marketing brought in 40% of our sales. I didn't even realise this until I checked. That was €70,000 from email and text flows and our campaigns.

I'd easily pay someone €3000 to set up my flows if it brought me that much revenue. Plus when the flows are set up they will be there for years, they may just need a tweak here and there.

I'm trying to get my first clients,I've built out a quick website and I'm driving Facebook ads to this landing page - Case Study - Arete Digital so far no contact yet but I'm building a list of 100 names to contact this week. I'll be DM'ing them on insta and then sending a video via Loom.

I've read up about the % per revenue for doing emails and so far it doesn't look good. A few people said that the companies don't pay because the bill can get really high and they don't pay it, plus it can be unpredictable when times are quiet.

I'm in Europe as well, Ireland.

Very interesting, cool that you got setup with a site already! How has it been going with the facebook ads? For me I usually research shopify stores by using adspy tools and then contact the owners via instagram or cold email, same as you are doing the manual lead generation I guess...

I also invested into pimping up my linked-in profile a bit and was posting content there for a while, very inconsistent though.. I think that DM via Instagram and cold emailing was working better for me.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #8

Pomodoro Sessions: 11
Sleep: 7 hrs 15 min

To dos that I completed:

- Completed 2 projects for 2 different clients --> Free's up my time to get started on the % Revenue clients that I acquired in the last 2 days and really make some more money!
- Still did 30 mins of cold out reach, because I dont want to get into a situation like I was pretty much in the last 2 months, where it was extremely difficult to get new clients --> Always keep the sales ball rolling and never stop

Next update tommorow!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.