The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Mail Marketing Agency (Not Webdesign, but same Principles apply)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Everyone,

I want to use this post to share my Journey in building an E-Mail Marketing Agency, which I believe is a similar goal to many of you who are building your webdesign agency. I have experience running my own Shopify store and was making around 40k Revenue per month at the maximum point (10-15% Margin). Now I have decided to step away from running my own online store and instead focus on Agency work, since I want to keep my business completely 100% digital (dont want to handle physical returns). I see lots of Potential, which is why im going all in on this idea.

I will try to post at least 2-3 times per week in here to keep you guys updated about my actions, how its moving forward and whats happening.

Here is a summary of my Situation so far:

- Im focusing on this business full-time (quit my job 4 months ago, been travelling and working simultaneously)
- I acquired 3 clients so far, each of them paid approx 1k Euros and they will also be paying me 10% of revenues generated by email marketing for the next 2 months.
- My website: emailperformancemarketing.de (its in German, but im very happy if anyone experienced with agency business can give me feedback)
- Current focus is to build a team (hire 2-3 people) so that I can have an automated system Lead Generation --> Lead Conversion --> Service Fulfillment system
- I intend to focus on Social Selling via Instagram + Linkedin Platform. If you have an agency business and are doing something similar, please PM me to connect, I really want to share and discuss my strategy in-depth with other people who are doing this.
- My goal is to bring this business to 100k Profit/ Month by 10th of December this year

If you are interested to follow my Journey in this business, I would really appreciate it if you leave a short post and introduce yourself so that we can connect. Also, it motivates me to keep this post active and keep sharing my progress on a more regular basis.

Best,
Champion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey guys, I'm back from a 1-month break of not posting on the forum. My initial plan was to still give weekly updates, however I ended up slacking and not doing it.

A lot of things have happened since the last month while I was gone. The business has grown, I have made LOTS of improvements both to my service-fullfillment process (Value for my clients) as well as my sales process (acquiring new clients).

The biggest change and upgrade has indeed been to my sales process by following up 4 times with every single one of my leads. In the past, I used to only send one cold email and that was it.. oh boy was I leaving money on the table.

My calendar is being booked way more often now and I would say I have around 5-7 calls per week with new potential clients at the moment (Automated with a VA that does all the lead generation + direct outreach via cold email).

Also Linkedin has been starting to get me leads, so im happy to finally see my investment in that paying off and I will be investing more into it the coming months.

Glad to be back! I'l be posting daily again to get the ball rolling, since I just moved from Germany to Georgia 2 days ago and I just moved into my new apartment over here today.

Already got a Gym membership + Meal Service membership + Coworking + New apartment + cleaning lady once per week, so everything is set and ready to go. Full focus on the business and cant wait to rock it this Q4!!!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey all,

would like to give a quick update about how its going for me:

- Mindset is doing great, stronger than its ever been before
- I just had an interview with 5 people yesterday and everyone of them will begin working for me in different parts of the business, as mentioned, I have divided it up into 4 Departments (Lead Gen, Lead Nurture, Lead Conversion and Service Fulfillment)
- Im currently in the process of mapping out exactly which tasks need to be done everytime a client is closed (its a predictable process everytime, so I just need to prepare the steps and record LOOM videos to train the employees).
- Im really putting a lot of work from the start into systemisation & automation to run this agency as a Business (other people are the ones executing and im leadining/mentoring/managing them). In my past Online stores, I was putting wayyyy too little emphasis on building a real time and it was much more of a "Self Employed" venture, rather than a real business.

I will report back soon with newest developments.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #16

Pomodoro Sessions: 5
Sleep: 7.5 hrs

Realizations:
- Really noticed how I took on a lot of clients at once and I need to focus on delivering good work now, rather than trying to expand too quickly --> Know exactly whats needed to deliver a good job, mark all the steps and systemize everything, then scale more.

To dos that I completed:
- 1hr call with client in the morning
- 1hr call with my 4 interns, they are doing good jobs so far
- Completed thankyou flow for my biggest client
- Worked 2 hours setting up manual campaign templates for another client
- Managed getting access and setting up klaviyo acc for a new client I will start with

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Calendar Week 34 Update:

- 45 Cold Outreaches (E-Mail)
- 0 Strategy Sessions
- 0 New Clients Closed

Really not happy with the results this week.. but I have 3 strategy sessions lined up already for next week Monday + Tuesday so im expecting to catch it all up next week. What I noticed is that this sales stuff really does seem to come in waves/streaks.

I hired 2 leadgeneration people last week, so we will be getting much more new leads into the funnel now and I should be able to fill my calendar much better with sales calls.

What I really learnt as well, is that cold emails are useless if not followed-up with calls. Priority next week is to hit the phone twice is hard for every email that gets sent out, there is no other way to make this happen.

That's it for now.. not a big update, but not much has happened other then that I'm grinding away...

Next update on Sunday :)
For Cold Outreach, You have the prospect details right?
Record a loom video and give value.
What I am doing for FB ads is auditing the website and ads of the prospects, note down the 2-3 core pointers that will help them improve their results drastically. Record the video and give them the solutions. This is the script i use, learned from Suby Sabri Course:

Hey [First name],
[Your name] here from [X company] and I’ve just taken the liberty of putting together this short video for you.

I was taking a look at your [Website / Social Media Program / Google Adwords etc.] and while I noticed that [say something nice that they’re doing right], I also noticed that you were [diagnose problem #1] which is hurting your business because [explain why it’s hurting their business].

All you need to do in order to fix this and [achieve desired outcome, e.g. increase conversions by X%] is simply [insert solution].

Some other things I noticed are that you’re [diagnose problem #2] and [diagnose problem #3], which you can easily remedy by doing [insert easy solutions].

Now what I do is I specialize in [their specific niche] and I’ve worked with clients ranging from [name-drop a few clients they might know] to achieve massive results.
I’ve gone ahead and put together a [free offer, e.g. a comprehensive 23-point checklist / audit / blueprint] for you to improve your profitability, and I’d love to schedule 15-20 minutes of your time to walk you through it, free of charge.

So go ahead just shoot me a reply and I look forward to chatting with you soon.
Thanks

I sent 20 videos to 20 prospects, 10 watched, 5 replied, 3 hoped on call, 3 converted.

Try this with Emails? like subscribe their email sequences, see what's happening, find problems, solve them with statistics?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #3:

Total time worked: 15 Pomodoros
Total time slept: 8hrs 7 min (Very good Sleep last night again, felt good when waking up)

Summary of the To Do's that I completed today:

- Very very happy because I completely finished the website.
- Worked on it pretty much all day, but was worth it. Next step is to get started with shooting video content for my Ad creatives (Gonna run ads to get traffic to the site) as well as for instagram TV on my channel.
- I expect the whole creatives thing to take around 2 weeks, but then we will be ready to go and with fbook ads, my calendar should be full from now on, focusing on closing deals.
- This is ideal, because 2 interns are starting from 01. June for 2 months, they will be able to assist with service fulfillment, so I can actually deliver on the promises and clients that I acquire, I already have a step-by-step process to hand them.

Thats it for todays update, talk to you guys tomorrow.

Best,
Champion

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Let me restate. That was a BIG generalization I made. Very wrong of me.
From my experience & discussions with agencies I've worked with, none of them utilize Google Ads or Facebook ads as their primary source of client acquisition because they yield higher returns from other channels that require less upfront investment.
Btw @Champion loving the action!
Got it. Most of the agencies do use other channels as their primary source. But I have seen top agencies using facebook, Google ads as second or even first primary source. Check KingKong agency by Suby Sabri. You will know what i am talking about.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Keep up the work!

Following your thread.
Why not share something about your email flows so that others can benefit?
I will try to share more technical aspects, however, in my opinion this is really only 20% of success. 80% is the mindest and getting started with an activity that allows you to get into a positive feedback loop, no matter how small that activity may be in the begining. Just make sure you get into a positive feedback loop and get started!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #18

Pomodoro Sessions: 5

I Completed my weekly self reflection questions, which looks as follows:

LESSONS: What realizations/epiphanies did you have this week?

LIEF NOT GOOD: What didn't go well this week and why? What will I do better next week to prevent it?

OUTCOMES/RESULTS: What all did I accomplish this week? (This point is hugely important because often with all the wanting to get better, we overlook all the things we can already do and have accomplished) --> Gratitude

♀️BODY: How was I to my body this week? (Gym, eating healthy, sleep, etc..)

RELATIONSHIPS: What new people did I meet? (--> Relationship Planner + Birthday Wishes) -> people who I care about in my circle who have birthdays I always send a short message

⏰INPUT (Energy): How many total hours were you productive? Approximately how many hours did I sleep?

PRIORITIZATION: Did you work on revenue generating tasks? Was your calendar well planned this week, full of High Leverage tasks and did you always know exactly what to do? If not, better prepare it for next week.

FOCUS = NO DISTRACTIONS: What tried to distract me the most this week? What can I do to stop it?

BUSINESS: What results did you get for your clients? How much money did your business make?

TO-DO's for next week: what are the most important projects for next week? Rank them by importance and Pareto principle.

Plan: Divide the projects into the next week, so you know on which day and what time you have to do what.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #4

Pomodoro Sessions: 4
Sleep: 9 hrs

Things completed (Sales):
- I closed 2 more clients today (quite unexpectedly, lol). One of them came from a referall of the new customer that I won on Wednesday, and the other new client was a normal lead that I had the first call with this week on Tuesday. I guess it really is "Regression to the mean", since I had so many leads that didnt close last month in September, this month all made up for it.

Here's an Overview of October:

TOTAL # Email Outreaches319
TOTAL # Follow-Up Emails813
TOTAL # Erstgespräche (First Calls)14
TOTAL # Strategy Sessions (Sales Calls)8
TOTAL # Clients Closed4

Service Fulfilment:

I have really reached my capacity of what I can handle alone now. I closed 3 new clients this week, total of 5 stores that I need to set up email marketing for. (For 2 of the clients, they purchased the setup package for 2 seperate stores each).

Total money made this month: around 8k Profit EUR.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting myself to hit the cap this soon (i.e. that maximum workload of the clients would only result in me making around 8k Profit, I thought I could handle more).

Anyway, the next step now is to record the entire process of setting up these 5 stores in the coming 2 weeks and hiring some people to handle this kind of work in the future.

One thing im unsure about, is what to do with the 2 VA's I have currently, who are doing leadgeneration. They are doing a great job and I dont want to damage the momentum they built up over the past 3 weeks... but on the other hand, I dont have time for anymore appointments or sales calls and even if I closed new clients, no capacity to do the service fulfillment. What would you guys suggest?

Next update tommorow!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #16

Pomodoro Sessions: 7

*** Incredible jump and lessons learned today. Topic: Hiring people.

I can't believe how I used to hire...

I used to waste time interviewing every single candidate (usually I would interview 3-4), since there wasnt enough time to do more anyways. After the interview, I would be not one bit smarter or more englightened to the actual reasion I got on the interview in the first place, to find out if the person was qualified or not.

What I did this time around, was that I replaced my classic "Interviews" with a test project.

I recorded a 15 min loom video with instructions and now I simply forward this video along with a google doc to everyone that applies.

The tasks take approx 45 min - 1 hour to do and its not paid.

I already got 15 ppl working on this project now and I cant wait for the next 1-2 days to see the results.

Its going to be so easy, to seperate the A players from the ones that dont do shit or only deliver half a$$ work.

Also, I can still decide to interview the A players if I want to... although I made the realization for myself, since im an ENFJ (make a lot of decisions with feeling, rather than thinking), I sometimes get too attached to ppl and want to hire them just because I like their personality.

This "Low contact" approach of just sending them instructions and evaluating the quality of work seems to be the perfect way of hiring (for me atleast) and as long as the position im hiring for is non-customer-facing and doesnt require people skills.

Looking forward to hear what you guys think about this!

Attachments

• Test Project to work on.png
    Test Project to work on.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 12

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Mid-2022 Update!

Hey everyone,

It's been a long time since I updated this thread!

We're now in the middle of 2022 and since several people have been asking me for feedback via PM and in this thread, I decided to give you guys an update about my current situation, sharing both the financials and also the actions that I have been taking.

Here's a rough update of what has happened with my business the past 6 months:

January 2022 Total Revenue --> 12.3K:
- I started the year off strong, closing two new clients and still having stable MRR from the clients I signed in Q4 in 2021. At this point, I was still in Georgia and focusing on growing the business.
- I had corona in the beginning of the year for the second time, which slowed me down a bit, but it wasn't too big of an issue.

February 2022 Total Revenue --> 9.3K:
- I was working a lot, but unfortunately on the wrong things, not structure, I started experimenting too much and not sticking to with what was working for me in the past
- Also, I Wasn't really able to close any new clients this month, even though I remember putting in a lot of work to the business

March 2022 Total Revenue --> 13.2K:
- I remember in the beginning of March, that I got a bit demotivated, since I was working a lot, but nothing was getting better and revenues didn't increase.
- I was still struggling to make appointments and still had no consistent system for lead generation that REALLY worked with 100% certainty
- Also, I was getting ready to fly to Bali in the end of March, which is why for my last 1-2 weeks of Georgia, I was really starting to get sick of the place and needed a new environment. I couldn't wait to get out of Georgia and fly to Bali.

April 2022 Total Revenue --> 15K:
- I flew to Bali in the end of March and spent the first 1-2 Weeks surfing & relaxing. Met tons of people there who also do ecommerce, and I was extremely happy to be in a new place with warm weather, high quality and relaxed people.
- I also closed 2 new clients during this time, due to the hard work I had put in back in Georgia during March.
- After 2 weeks in Bali, my friends from Germany also arrived, and we had a great time for the next 6 weeks (hustling together from an amazing coworking space in Cangu, also enjoying life surfing 3x per week, day trips on the weekends and exploring, meeting new people, etc...)

May 2022 Total Revenue --> 9.8K:
- On the 19th of May, I left Bali to go back to Georgia, since I only had a Visa for 60 days in Bali. Also, the main reason I left was that I had a wedding to go to in Khazakhstan in the beginning of June.
- During my 6 out of 8 weeks in Bali in total, I did 0 sales calls, which was obviously the main reason that the business didn't grow. Somehow due to the 6 hours time zone difference, I didnt focus on sales calls or speaking to prospects as much as before and I didn't take it seriously enough, since revenues were still high.

June 2022 Total Revenue --> 6.3K:
- Back in Georgia, I realized that I wanted to invest into a coaching, so that I could bring my business to the next level. - I had now been hovering around the 10k Revenue per month mark since 7-8 months and obviously, I knew that if I didn't change anything in my actions, nothing would change in the results.
- I knew a few people (close friends) that had booked a coaching with someone from Germany, so I decided to also book the same coach (3k Euros), once I got back from Khazakstan, in order to push for bigger results in the business.
- So, from the 2nd until the 9th of June, I went to Khazakstan for the wedding and then when I was back in Georgia, I booked the business coaching on the 10th of June.
- On the 12th of June I flew to Berlin, where I am right now and im currently in a simple coworking space, that helps me stay focused on executing on the coaching (improving my lead generation, sales and systems in general).

Outlook for the next 1-2 Months:
- The business coaching lasts 8 weeks (started on 10th of June), so It will last until 10th of August.
- My plan is to stay in Berlin until the 10th of August, and when my coaching finishes, head back to Georgia
- Most likely, I will extend the coaching by another 6 months once I get to Georgia (get the higher package for 7k Euros) and continue building and working on the business from there.
- The goal is to grow the MRR from 10k per month to 30k per month until 31.08.2022
- After that, I want to grow from 30k per month to 100k per month in the next 6 months
- Since I am in a private Facebook group in the business coaching, I usually post my progress there on a daily basis, however, for those who are interested to be more in touch and stay connected, feel free to send me a PM, and we can have a call or just send voice notes over WhatsApp to keep in touch
- I will probably post another update in the end of August and then another one towards the end of the year, to let you guys know where we stand with reaching the goals and the progress!

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Awesome stuff, I've been planning on doing the same recently and I also believe the potential is there. Not enough agencies doing quality e-mail marketing, too many doing PPC.

I'm a copywriter by trade but have been doing a lot of e-mail marketing for clients and figuring out Klaviyo. It's pretty awesome.

Nice to meet you!

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
This one Right?

yes.

also sorry OP for distracting your thread. great work.

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
1month in, how many calls have you had? How many offers have you made? I started a new JV ecommerce email marketing agency 1month ago too. Good place to be.

DM me if you want to chat on discord or something - i don't prospect into Europe so won't be stepping on your toes. Might be handy to share ideas.

Last edited:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
DAY #2

Total time worked: 16 Pomodoros (Productive 25 min working sessions)
Total time slept: 8hrs 30 min (Very good Sleep last night, made a huge difference today)

Summary of To Do's that I completed today:
- Recorded a loom video to explain last 7 day performance to the second client I currently have. It was very good, because I only spent 4-5 mins doing it, before I was wasting way too much time recording these videos. I figured that consistent communication between your agency and the client is key - stop talking to them for more than a week and you will begin to loose their trust (especially in the begining). Regular updates about how its going is absolutely essential, so im happy that I figured out an easy way to take care of this.
- I continued working on the site (about 15 pomodoro sessions today and it was absolutely worth it).
- I made a big learning today about the importance of Emphasis on SITE USABILITY (good examples are Ethereum.org or expressvpn.com). Dont every build a website with too much text that NO ONE will bother to read. I made this mistake at first, but after cutting down a lot of text, I was able to get it to a good point. Looking forward to give it the finishing touches tommorow.

Thats it for today, next update tommorow!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #12

Pomodoro Sessions: 8 (Only half of what im aiming for today, but its ok, because im at my parents and happy with the progress I made today)
Sleep: 6 hrs

To dos that I completed:

- Created some DOPE text animation ads. Its actually much easier to do in Canva than I expected and already looking forward to see'ing how they will perform
- Got direct feedback from an ecom friend about my website. Good news: Hes usually an extremely critical guy, but even he did not have much negative feedback about it. He gave me about 3-4 suggestions to improve the site and I have already implemented all of them. The biggest one I would like to share with you guys and thats very important to be aware of is the need of having real humans / faces on your site in order to build trust, especially in the testimonials section. These days, a website thats just full of text and images simply doesnt look trustworthy, people want to see a face on the website.

Thats it for today, looking forward to keep progressing and will keep you guys updated.

Best,
Champion

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #9

Pomodoro Sessions: 11
Sleep: 7 hrs 10 min

To dos that I completed:

Extremely increased my knowledge in my field of expertise today (Email Marketing) --> Since one of my client stores is being run on DRIP and not on Klaviyo, I spent around 4 hours today fiddling around in there and setting up flows, was actually not too bad. I still prefer Klaviyo, but atleast now I know that I can also take on people who run their Email Marketing in DRIP and that opens up a whole new customer base for me.

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
I disagree. If you nail down the fundamentals, it works like nothing else.
Let me restate. That was a BIG generalization I made. Very wrong of me.
From my experience & discussions with agencies I've worked with, none of them utilize Google Ads or Facebook ads as their primary source of client acquisition because they yield higher returns from other channels that require less upfront investment.
Btw @Champion loving the action!

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Day #11

Pomodoro Sessions: 6
Sleep: 8 hrs 30 min

To dos that I completed:

- Finally got access to my clients Klaviyo account with 60k Email Subscribers. These guys have never sent a single campaign or setup any proper flows (they grew to 60k subscribers/customers in just 6 months and had other priorities)
- Really looking forward to apply all the segmentation, tips, tricks and hacks that klaviyo has to offer on their email marketing strategy, commited to create huge value for this client
- My other clients are also super happy with the work I've been delivering, I feel like I just need to keep doing what im doing, hard work is paying off
- Word of mouth really is underrated these days, im sure that after I keep doing good work for my clients, they know people just like them and more will follow. The key to success is building a team so I can duplicate myself and be able to handle the workload, its good im in touch already with a few people who have done it for agencies (built a team and scaled to 50-150k profit/month with it).

Wow that's crazy. I think there is so many ecom stores not leveraging email to their potential. Congrats on the work.

I've also came across another company in the UK that charges about 10k to set up flows. Serious money to be made.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #17

Pomodoro Sessions: 9
Sleep: 7.25 hrs

Realizations:
- I really need to focus on getting bigger clients that make more revenue per month, since im getting paid %'s. If I take on too many small clients, I will spread myself too thin, since they take the same amount of work but dont pay more than bigger clients. In fact, bigger clients seem to be way more pleasurable to work with, since they are not so tight with money.

To dos that I completed:
- Watched Chase Dimonds ecom email marketing course. Was ok, but nothing crazy special
- Worked on manual campaign templates and got some good stuff going, I will be able to reuse this for many other clients too
- Got a new system for campaign scheduling and communicating with clients, really looking forward to systemize more in the coming weeks.

New Target Updates:
- I have set myself the goal to reach 10k/month profit by end of August
- Next goal after that is still to reach 100k/month profit until 10th of December this year

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #1

Pomodoro Sessions: 9

To-dos that I completed:
- Setup new email flows for 2 clients
- Created a sunset disengaged subscribers flow

Very short update today since im just getting back into it. More tommorow! :)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #1

Pomodoro Sessions: 11
Sleep: 7 hrs

Update:

OK, things are kinda blowing up now. Since I got 2 people doing lead generation, I have so many "First Appointments", im starting to get sick of them lol.

Top priority now is to close these deals in the second sales call, as I have already been fking up quite a few prospects over the last month (was on a streak of not closing 5-6 sales calls).

Anyhow, there is many things I have improved again and again in the presentation, so im confident that this week or latest beginning of next week, I will be closing 1-2 more clients (already got 8 appointments with new interested people this week).

I never expected the pace to speed up so fast.

Im also looking into getting a coach myself now, to further improve my offering into a NO-BRAINER deal and help me out with my marketing + positioning side of things on Linked-In.

There is only 2 people in the German market that I see as serious competition at this stage and honestly, I want to become the #1 for my niche.

To-dos that I completed Today:
- Gave feedback 30 minutes to my new leadgen specialist
- Setup facebook pixel + google analytics for my website, since now things are getting more serious, wanna start building some long term assets, also an email list.
- Sent out an invoice to customer. Funny enough, he pays me % rev share and he complained that he would like to be paying me more (aka my emails should generate more revenue, so he can pay me more lol).
- Had a 30 min call with a prospect. Went well and we arranged a second sales call.
- Did some service fulfillment work, setting up campaigns for clients.

Next update tommorow!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Day #21

Update: unfortunately, I got corona yesterday (for the second time now in 6 months).

Will be out for 3-4 days, but im happy because I just closed 2 new clients yesterday. Also, the new hires that I onboarded and trained will be able to take care of the workload, so all is good!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
UPDATE: So I had corona for the last 7 days and the business deffinetly took a hit. Nontheless, I have been servicing existing clients very well and preparing everything for blackfriday. Sales and new client acquisition really took the biggest hit.

I would say that im back to around 60-70% energy and my focus is also back. Tommorow I will do a test and if it's negative, I plan to be back in the office starting from Friday to get the hustle back on Track. I really wanna push through hard until Christmas, so that I can look back and say I gave everything this year.

As I think I have mentioned in one of my last posts, im currently hovering around 10k profit/mo.

Goals and timelines for next year:

- 30k/ Mo. by 31.03.2022
- 60k/ Mo. by 31.06.2022
- 100k/ Mo. by 31.10.2022

This will be my full focus next year and I plan to achieve it through my service agency + also releasing a course, so stay tuned for that!

Will keep you guys updated!

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
Hey Everyone,

I want to use this post to share my Journey in building an E-Mail Marketing Agency, which I believe is a similar goal to many of you who are building your webdesign agency. I have experience running my own Shopify store and was making around 40k Revenue per month at the maximum point (10-15% Margin). Now I have decided to step away from running my own online store and instead focus on Agency work, since I want to keep my business completely 100% digital (dont want to handle physical returns). I see lots of Potential, which is why im going all in on this idea.

I will try to post at least 2-3 times per week in here to keep you guys updated about my actions, how its moving forward and whats happening.

Here is a summary of my Situation so far:

- Im focusing on this business full-time (quit my job 4 months ago, been travelling and working simultaneously)
- I acquired 3 clients so far, each of them paid approx 1k Euros and they will also be paying me 10% of revenues generated by email marketing for the next 2 months.
- My website: emailperformancemarketing.de (its in German, but im very happy if anyone experienced with agency business can give me feedback)
- Current focus is to build a team (hire 2-3 people) so that I can have an automated system Lead Generation --> Lead Conversion --> Service Fulfillment system
- I intend to focus on Social Selling via Instagram + Linkedin Platform. If you have an agency business and are doing something similar, please PM me to connect, I really want to share and discuss my strategy in-depth with other people who are doing this.
- My goal is to bring this business to 100k Profit/ Month by 10th of December this year

If you are interested to follow my Journey in this business, I would really appreciate it if you leave a short post and introduce yourself so that we can connect. Also, it motivates me to keep this post active and keep sharing my progress on a more regular basis.

Best,
Champion
Hi Champion (if it is your name)
I am just starting out. My Name is Biswas. Just wanted to know how did u get clients? And yeah it would be great if we connect

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
Awesome stuff, I've been planning on doing the same recently and I also believe the potential is there. Not enough agencies doing quality e-mail marketing, too many doing PPC.

I'm a copywriter by trade but have been doing a lot of e-mail marketing for clients and figuring out Klaviyo. It's pretty awesome.

Nice to meet you!
Hi Simon
Just wanted to know
How do you get clients?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Been getting the ball moving, but extremely inconsistent about checking in the forum to update my progress. Its Crazy how I just noticed that an entire month has almost passed by and I haven't even checked in, to give you guys an update.

So here's an UPDATE:

- I have decided that I will post my progress daily. This shouldn't be much extra work for me, since im already running a journal every evening, so I will simply copy and share things from my journal here.

Summary For today:

- Its Sunday and I had a great reflection session (took 3 hours in total). I have been doing these weekly reflection sessions consistently this year and they almost always take me longer than 2 hours when I do them. Im wondering if anyone else puts this much effort into reflection. Is it maybe not even enough, lol?

- Planned my week really well, I know exactly what the To Do's are next week and when il be doing them, everything is in the calendar.

Alright, I could write more now, but I should go to sleep. Its 12:23 AM and the reason im here posting this, is because I cant sleep, I tried to go at 10:30 PM.

See you guys tommorrow for the next update.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.