• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

FEATURED! Dressing For Success... Stop looking like a fool.

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by Kak, Jun 10, 2018.

1. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    Richard Branson is my idol when it comes to this. His instagram page says-Tie loathing adventurer and thrill seeker, who believes in turning ideas into reality.

Xeon and MTF like this.
  2. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    Pinterest
    Instagram

Alpha.M
    TeachingYoungMenFashion
    Real Men Real Style

Xeon, Huracan, ChrisR and 2 others like this.
  3. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    Taste of the Good Tumblr Page(Some pics are NSFW though)

4. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $20,970
    Bump.

I put the summer linen stuff in the back of the closet, even though I'm in the South.

I'm now wearing darker colors and wool again for sport coats. They fit damn nice too because of my keto diet.

5. DustinH

DustinH Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,353
    Yeah it's been so hot during September that I'm still using my linen sport coat and lighter colors.

Thinking about buying a new blue suit. Not navy but a lighter shade of blue than navy. I see a lot of guys with the blue suit, brown shoes, brown belt, white shirt look. I think it's a good look for me. Anybody bought a good one lately? Where did you get it?

Xeon and Kak like this.
  6. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $20,970
    Nice pick!

Try brooks brothers. Most of their stuff is pretty sharp and affordable assuming you don't feel the need to have some crazy custom made job. I personally don't.

Xeon likes this.
  7. Bryan James

Bryan James Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $905
    I have a really bad habit of hating to dress up. I only do when I'm meeting clients or prospects, and even then it's relatively casual. Otherwise I usually look like I'm on my way to/back from the beach.

Xeon likes this.
  8. Sheens

Sheens Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $428
    Hey guys! You might stop reading this as soon as you hear the name I will mention as it is incredibly well known in the female shopping industry, but the Lululemon ABC Pant Classic for men (or a similar style) may be an awesome addition to your collection if you haven't already tried them. They fit looser and could be a great meeting, everyday, or casual look. However, this is not to replace instances where a suit is the better choice.

Xeon and Bryan James like this.
  9. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,160
    [​IMG]

Bryan James likes this.
  10. JamItFast

JamItFast Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $491
    36724106-E869-4064-ABBA-5D40254AF4C3.jpeg After reading this thread I decided to get more professional clothing.

I went to JC Penny tonight to look for some.

None of the Blue Blazers with Gold Buttons previously mentioned were left. Do these look better with a pattern or simply solid?

I did find another blazer, however it might be more towards the casual side. What do you think. Is it to casual for business?

I’ll checkout Jos A Bank or Men’s Warehouse this weekend.

When you say Golf clothes, what is that considered. Golf pants and a polo?

Nelow, GPM, YoungPadawan and 3 others like this.
  11. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,246
    Hey man, Conor Mcgregor dressed for success but it didn't stop him from getting his a$$ whooped by Khabib, the work you put in is what matters, not your dress code.

12. S.Y.

S.Y. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,622
    How you dress does matter as well.

People are still being judged based on appearance. It is a bit naive to think otherwise.

It would be a shame to sabotage the work you have put in because of the way you look. Don't you think so?

Put the work AND dress the part.

Roz, SMH, GPM and 2 others like this.
  13. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    Appearance does matter. We're evolutionarily wired for it.

Read The Mating Mind and Spent by Dr. Geoffrey Miller(Professor of Evolutionary Psychology at University of New Mexico)

He akins that what we wear, really everything that we do, signals something about us to others. The things that we buy matters. The music that you listen to. Etc... It's all apart of mate signaling even if you're not looking for a mate.

It's the same as the colors of a Peacock or the manes on a Lion.

Xeon likes this.
  14. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    JC Penny is my go to place when it comes to clothes. Stafford is a good brand.

Xeon and Kak like this.
  15. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $20,970
    I think that is a great blazer! Congrats on that acquisition. Stafford is great, but the sales people at JCP are totally unknowlegable about menswear I just encourage you to know your own size and don't let them tell you what looks good.

It can be more casual with jeans or khaki pants. It can be more business oriented with a nice pair of gray or khaki dress pants. It will never be business formal, but that's ok.

I own one just like it!

ZF Lee and YoungPadawan like this.
  16. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $20,970
    Agreed... As long as you're going with a Chinese made pricepoint... you might as well get Stafford. It's as good as Jos A Bank for half the price.

I have started picking up more stuff at Brooks Brothers. The USA made 1818 line is beautiful IMO.

17. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    Trust me on this. When you go shopping take a female friend with you or ask a female associate to help you out. They are more than willing to help good looking guys look ... better.

SMH and Kak like this.
  18. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $20,970
    Yes. Although stay away from performance golf shirts from Adidas or Nike unless you are actually golfing. They are usually shiny with abstract designs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    ZF Lee and MTEE1985 like this.
  19. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $20,970
    We have addressed this numerous times and you are wrong.

Money comes from OTHERS. How they percieve your professionalism, confidence and competence matters... A lot.

I would argue it is part of the work you put in.

Vigilante, Tommo, Deceiver and 5 others like this.
  20. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    Reminds me of this:

"And research shows that the largest common denominator when studying what attracts women to men is that men who are perceived to be of higher status around women tend to attract them more often.

It’s no surprise then that status gets mentioned the most often in dating advice and pick up material. It’s ubiquitous, and yet there are a number of interpretations of what actually constitutes status. There’s outward status (money, resources, nice clothes) and behavioral displays of status (confidence, dominance, leadership). There are arguments on both sides of which drives which: does having money and prestige lead to confidence and leadership? Or does being a confident leader create wealth and prestige?

My personal belief is the latter. And not only is there some research supporting that women are attracted to potential status as much as they are attracted to status itself, but I feel like I have a fair amount of experience in this area. For a period of time toward the end of college and the first two years afterward, I was dead broke, living on my friend’s couch for a period of time, unemployed (usually) and still going out and partying quite a bit. This didn’t slow me down. In fact, I attracted a significant number of older women who took me under their wing and wanted to support me during this period until I got on my feet.

I believe that status in a male is determined by his behavior. Outward displays of status can create opportunities (cars, money, nice clothes), but don’t create lasting attraction themselves. They are the effects of high status behavior, not the causes.

Sexual attraction from women is determined by status, status is determined by behavior, and what determines whether a man has attractive behavior or not is his perception of himself relative to those around him, particularly women. I refer to this concept as neediness and believe the degree of a man’s neediness around women will determine how attractive or unattractive his behavior around them will be.

For instance, a needy man may come up with really clever jokes and have a great job, but he will use them to impress her and get validation from her — needy behaviors — and will therefore be perceived to be unattractive. Whereas a non-needy man may talk about silly conversation topics, openly admit that he’s between jobs, but get very excited and passionate about his rock climbing hobby. Believe it or not, this man will be seen as attractive because his behaviors will be genuine, authentic, and non-needy. The reason is he’s basing his behavior around her on his perception of himself and not her perception of him.

The needy man, despite having a nice job and clever things to say, is a follower. He’s a pawn of those around him. He will only go so far. The non-needy man, even though he may be a bit aimless and in a downturn in his life, he will end up living an enriching and unique life that suits him and makes him happier.

If a man values the perceptions of others more than his perception of himself, then he will naturally behave in an unattractive way around them. If he trusts his perception of himself more than the perceptions of those around him, then he will be perceived as a non-needy man, and therefore behave attractively. All of the outward appearances of status and resources — the fitness, the nice clothes, the cool lifestyle — these things are a result of a man who is inwardly driven, a man who invests in himself and takes care of himself.

When all is said and done, all attractive traits in a man can be traced back to his lack of neediness." -
    How to Attract Women | Mark Manson

Dameron, NuclearPuma, Mutant and 8 others like this.
  21. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $20,970
    This is actually rather interesting. Thank you for posting that. I like the cause and effect relationship.

Bottom line seems to be you actually are the way you conduct yourself. Nothing fake about it. You're either a classy, competent, go-getter or you're not and it will show.

Dameron, Real Deal Denver and SMH like this.
  22. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,914
    Funny thing happened to me at Target last week. I was waiting to checkout and was told I could pay at the returns line. I walk up there and the cashier says “man, they were like ‘this guy drives a Bentley, we aren’t gonna make him wait’”

I do not in fact drive a Bentley. Point is, as mentioned, whether you want to accept it or not, you are being judged by how you look and you will be given better or worse service because of it. At the time I was simply in dress pants and a button down.

100% agree. If anybody is looking for a high quality golf shirt that is classic and stylish, look at Peter Millar.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/golf/mens/tops/polos-shirts.html#l=32

This was my go-to brand in the golf business.

SMH and Kak like this.
  23. Ayanle Farah

Rep Bank:
    $2,246
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should dress like sh*t, definitely take care of yourself, just don't do anything extra. It's all smoke and mirrors at the end of the day.

24. Ayanle Farah

Rep Bank:
    $2,246
    Women are attracted to safety, that's what they're really after and the man who can make them feel most safe gets their attention.

You should read The Rational Male by Rollo Tomasi, it's a great book which really tells you what you need to know about women, there is no more mystery after that reading that book.

Olimac21 likes this.
  25. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $6,582
    There's good stuff in there but better books out there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.