The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop looking for the path to your goals before you set your...

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Let's nip this problem in the behind for those of you who still are looking into the future having no clue what it holds.

Your journey into your future of entrepreneurship is just like going on a road trip.

Most people who still feel stuck are too busy running away from where they are at.
  • I don't want to be broke.
  • I hate my 9-5 job so I want to quit.
But they never spend the time thinking about what they DO want!

What's your destination?

If you don't know your destination, you'll never know the route you're supposed to take in order to get there!

Have you been too busy looking for the route, without first setting your destination?

I did this six months before I started my first successful business (after wondering around like a lost puppy for way too long). I was living in Scottsdale, AZ in October and by next summer, I wanted to move to Boulder, CO to go hiking, live off of passive income, and party in the college town.

And that's exactly where I wound up...because I first set my destination.

All too often we set goals such as "I want to make $10,000 per month" or "I just want to be a millionaire!"

...but what type of life will that money get you?

I think MJ said in his book, the business/money is just a vehicle to get you to where you want to go?

Elon Musk

His destination is to turn earth into an interplanetary species and colonize Mars. I think I read in his book he had this vision of the future before he started any of his companies.

Once you have your vision of the future, and understand the type of life you want to live, you can now realize that there are many paths to get you there.

When you know where you are going, cut out all the things that are not pointing directly at your destination....cut out the distractions. And move all your effort walking in ONE direction.

But which one will be the most fulfilling?

In NLP there are a thing called "Values". I won't get too deep into it in this post, but I always ask the question "What is important to you in the business you start?"
  • I want passive income.
  • I want to provide jobs for others.
  • I want to help people with health.
These are your deepest unconscious drivers, and if you act in accordance with your values, work is fun and effortless...even when you face obstacles.

So for those of you who are lost, confused, and STUCK out there...stop looking for business ideas....stop looking for the path to take, because FIRST...

You have to set your destination.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Berliner030

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 1, 2014
If you're starting from zero, money is definitely the strongest motivation! An exact sum is the best because it's countable, measurable, conceivable.

A deep goal like "I want to provide jobs for others" is not specific enough. Be honest: This is just a romantic notion.

I agree with you that you need a deep goal if you're financial free, because money is no more a motivation. But not when you're struggling. It's more important to take action instead of thinking and try to plan everything.

If you feel REAL pain you don't need to think about fulfilment, how to create a vision board etc. You know exactly what you want and it's more important to take action and make experience even if you'll fail.

Example: If someone wants to kill you ...are you thinking: "Oh, what will I do in life if I'll survive?" or will you take action to survive?

Last edited:

StuckInTheMud

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Nov 8, 2015
Wales, UK
If you're starting from zero, money is definitely the strongest motivation! An exact sum is the best because it's countable, measurable, conceivable.

A deep goal like "I want to provide jobs for others" is not specific enough. Be honest: This is just a romantic notion.

I agree with you that you need a deep goal if you're financial free, because money is no more a motivation. But not when you're struggling. It's more important to take action instead of thinking and try to plan everything.

If you feel REAL pain you don't need to think about fulfilment, how to create a vision board etc. You know exactly what you want and it's more important to take action and make experience even if you'll fail.

Example: If someone wants to kill you ...are you thinking: "Oh, what will I do in life if I'll survive?" or will you take action to survive?

The OP started off by setting the scene with the following:
  • I don't want to be broke.
  • I hate my 9-5 job so I want to quit
"Broke" in the context of those reading a forum post from a computer, with the only other bullet point being "hating a 9-5" implies that the audience are not in a position of REAL pain, such as in a life/death situation. They are feeling a synthetic broke or a debilitating pain e.g. they'll have somewhere to live, food to eat and clean water with a clean change of clothes but they may not be able to afford a car, new clothes or money for activities.

You are right in saying if you were feeling REAL pain, on the streets broke or starving you would without question be DOING something to better your financial situation. But you wouldn't be reading this post to argue you were missed out in this , that's for sure.

In my opinion, Andrew's post has a great deal of merit. I was just reading a post on hobbies and realising I didn't have anything I could without doubt call a hobby. I have interests, but no hobbies. I realised that hobbies can give people the 'why', and then I read this post. Finding a 'why' can be confusing because it seems so mystical and intangible but really it's simple - find something you LOVE...your goal becomes that activity/feeling amplified....and helps you follow through on your business plans, winning you results.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.