The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't let the Fastlane become a slow lane echo chamber.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
Sorry folks, this might ruffle some feathers.

But get plucked.

I joined the Fastlane in 2015 after finding the URL from The Millionaire Fastlane .

At the time, I was young, dumb, and full of misguided advice.

I'm still young, dumb, and full of misguided advice.

Over the past few years, I've watched the site change.

Forum changes for forlorn users who post repetitious emotional masturbation with no impact to themselves or post useless garbage akin to a social media platform's wall.

Buttons similar to those of a social media platform

In addition to the terms of service declaring rep bank dollars being fictitious allocations and legal tender (what happened there, I wonder?)

But I digress.

This post's point is not to point fingers, but true to point, many octopi are sitting in tanks and chairs with many appendages to point, downvote, trade virtual likes, and type into our keypads or thump on glass screens to express our innermost thoughts.

Instead, I'd like to type into my keypad to divulge my innermost thoughts. That many people are still stuck in the slow lane mindset.

Worse still, by creating an echo chamber, we have made a jail. A jail in which those screaming into the echo chamber will never see the fruition of their results, as there is no result, as their dopamine craving brain has confused.

If I wanted to scream into an echo chamber, I would further attest this is the problem with social media. That by creating such a platform enables the resulting chaos, and it's well within the rights of the Admins of said service to enforce at will, thus causing chaos.

I have no desire to say such things, so please ignore the above.

Do you want feedback for an App Idea?

DO IT ALREADY.

To quote XY2_

I discovered why I played video games. Video games are a fake reality to avoid the hard, uncomfortable things that we need to do. I used to indulge in video games whenever I needed to do something hard. More than that, it became my reality, and I was distancing myself from the real world more and more.

In the same thrall, the Fastlane forum has become a platform of inaction.

No, not all of you. Especially not you in the gold threads. Neither in the private room for paid users. But there is a portion of you aquatic squids, a porpoise without purpose or a damsel dallying who is faking inaction.

Examples?

The gamification, buddy system, the Rants with no action aside from people walking away angry

(Albeit, this may be one of them although I hope the latter.)

And the countless ''should I go to school?'' threads with the poster already arriving at their conclusion, seemingly posting only to validate their thoughts.

Why am I posting this one may inquire? Why to validate my thoughts.

We are creatures of habits, but those habits are built from our own experiences. Often other than not, those experiences exist from inaction.

I can't be alone here. Pointing at the finger at myself, I started working in a FREEZER. Why? Because I want to be uncomfortable. I will either find the FastLane path, or I will freeze slowly to old age. Fastlane or cryogenics, That's my choice. What's yours?

An article I wrote required me to log into a game.

Once there, everything glittered. Memories of a past digital life as a kid tugged at my subconscious. My clan welcomed me back, thanks to an in-game message informing them to. In irony, the sheep were snipping NPC's.

Cut some wool! They cried and handed me shears. I wonder what that makes me?

Then it was nighttime. I can't even recall what I did and deleted the game in disgust.

That was an entire night gone in a blink. The article wracked up *number* of views and paid me a whopping few hundred bucks. Woo. No, that's not a typo. My point is the action can cause inaction.

How long will we do this to ourselves? Tricking ourselves with lies about the life we live and faking action?

A gold-colored thread says, What would you tell your 18 or 25-year-old self?

I bet my entire virtual Fastlane forum rep balance within 20 years there will be a new one. ''What would you tell your 40 or 60-year-old self?''

There might be one more. 75-year-olds might make about the inactions of their past days.

The thread Raise the minimum wage! This is so unfair!

Brings back a memory. My startup caused me to have a social account where I was consistently in groups dedicated to employment.

Within those groups, that exact image was shared, and I would GET BANNED FROM THE GROUPS for stating they need to change their mindset. That's right, folks, in entrepreneur groups about getting a new mindset, those with the new mindset were kicked.

Why? Because I think saving your Starbucks coffee in the morning is an idiotic way to never get rich.

Worse I don't care about being rich. No, I wouldn't turn down a briefcase of cash, but my actual life goals are minimalist and simple. I want to enrich others and change the world in a few ways. Will I ever? we will see. As of now who knows what the future will bring?

Oh, wait, I do.

Freezing reality of manual labor until I find myself on the Fastlane path.

Maybe you care about making big bucks. Perhaps you already have. But whatever your goals are, they won't be achieved on a thread about Facebook.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Alright, let's be fastlane-ish. It's 11:20 AM on Sunday. I'm editing a video right now for a course that has a potential market of hundreds of millions of people, in a market that I feel is poorly served. It fits in with my other products. It's useful to other people and solves problems for them.

What are you working on in the freezer (please make sure there is adequate ventilation... it would be sad to hear someone died of CO2 poisoning because they were in a literal sealed freezer for too long)? Does the market consist of enough people to scale? Does it exploit your unique skills or build on your other works? Is it useful to other people, and/or does it solve a problem for them?

Probably questions we should be asking any time we're working on something, other than hobbies or leisure activities.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Interesting rant, but I'm failing to see the point. It seems like your rant was just that, a rant, and I hope that you got some things off of your chest and feel better.

Other than that, I personally don't see the value of this thread. Yes there are some people on here who have a bad mindset, but most don't. And these people have a way of filtering them selves out. Most of the time these people are drive bys, and they stop showing up here. Calling these people out really doesn't accomplish much.

Life can be hard enough taking a normal path, even more so when you decide to travel off of the beaten path. Sometimes people need to blow off some steam, And I'll forgive them for making a ranting thread that doesn't provide much value. I've done it before too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.