The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does this business model stink or not?

Idea threads

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
Im asking if you could give me your valuable opinion on the way I’d like to start my company.

If you decide to read and help me, thanks! I really appreciate it!

So, my niece would be Copywriting, I’d contact 3 copywriters from Upwork who struggle a bit with finding clients, I’d tell them I have a company (in reality my company would just be a website) and I’d ask them if they want to join me.

I would basically do the work of finding clients and jobs through outreach methods, I’d have my team take care of the actual part of writing the piece of copy and I’d keep 40% of the profit on each job completed.

I would ideally have 3 people each good at something specific aka emails, landing pages, product descriptions, ecc…

I know it’s not really fast lane especially at the beginning but once I’ve built a capable team, some reviews and a good ability to sell my service to clients, I feel like there’s big chances to make a money tree…

If you read so far thanks again and don’t hold back, you’re free to unmercifully slander me.

Have a great one!

Greg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Im asking if you could give me your valuable opinion on the way I’d like to start my company.

If you decide to read and help me, thanks! I really appreciate it!

So, my niece would be Copywriting, I’d contact 3 copywriters from Upwork who struggle a bit with finding clients, I’d tell them I have a company (in reality my company would just be a website) and I’d ask them if they want to join me.

I would basically do the work of finding clients and jobs through outreach methods, I’d have my team take care of the actual part of writing the piece of copy and I’d keep 40% of the profit on each job completed.

I would ideally have 3 people each good at something specific aka emails, landing pages, product descriptions, ecc…

I know it’s not really fast lane especially at the beginning but once I’ve built a capable team, some reviews and a good ability to sell my service to clients, I feel like there’s big chances to make a money tree…

If you read so far thanks again and don’t hold back, you’re free to unmercifully slander me.

Have a great one!

Greg
Sounds like a plan.

Get clients, delegate fulfilment, scale from there.

How will you start?

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
Sounds like a plan.

Get clients, delegate fulfilment, scale from there.

How will you start?
Thanks for the opinion! first of all (it may sound as an excuse but I assure you its not) I'm going to start exactly on the 6th of August this year since I'm still a minor and useful platforms like Upwork require you being 18 (dammit).

That said;

step 1) Im gonna find copywriters who recently started their jorney as freelancers and offer the possiblity to working for my company, they'll have no income roof, what you generate in a month I'll give you half of it.

step 2) Once I find the 3 people fit for the mission, I'm gonna create a website (max budget 500$) and once I've enstabilished my website with a domain, I'm gonna start by emailing startups (I'll find them on sites like cruchbase)

step 3) I'm gonna set up my clients with my team and make them do a call to perfectly understand the needs of the client and, once the job is done and the client is satisfied, I think of doing a 50/50 split with my copywriters.

Do you think I should do anything different? Please keep in mind one of the pillars of starting a business in my opinion is you must start it for very cheap.

Thanks sooo much for the time you took out of your day to help a fellow fastlaner, good luck to you!

Greg

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for the opinion! first of all (it may sound as an excuse but I assure you its not) I'm going to start exactly on the 6th of August this year since I'm still a minor and useful platforms like Upwork require you being 18 (dammit).

That said;

step 1) Im gonna find copywriters who recently started their jorney as freelancers and offer the possiblity to working for my company, they'll have no income roof, what you generate in a month I'll give you half of it.

step 2) Once I find the 3 people fit for the mission, I'm gonna create a website (max budget 500$) and once I've enstabilished my website with a domain, I'm gonna start by emailing startups (I'll find them on sites like cruchbase)

step 3) I'm gonna set up my clients with my team and make them do a call to perfectly understand the needs of the client and, once the job is done and the client is satisfied, I think of doing a 50/50 split with my copywriters.

Do you think I should do anything different? Please keep in mind one of the pillars of starting a business in my opinion is you must start it for very cheap.

Thanks sooo much for the time you took out of your day to help a fellow fastlaner, good luck to you!

Greg
You've got the list in the wrong order, start with step #3.

Finding copywriters is easy, there are thousands on every major freelance platform. Building a website takes a day up to a few, it costs less than $500 if you DIY.

Now getting clients is real difficult. Figure this out first, and the rest is easy.

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You've got the list in the wrong order, start with step #3.

Finding copywriters is easy, there are thousands on every major freelance platform. Building a website takes a day up to a few, it costs less than $500 if you DIY.

Now getting clients is real difficult. Figure this out first, and the rest is easy.
Beat me to it.

Exactly. Start with 3. Start this week. Don't wait till you turn 18.

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
Beat me to it.

Exactly. Start with 3. Start this week. Don't wait till you turn 18.
Alrigth, I will, just one thing, What am I supposed to say to people in the remote possibility someone is interested in the time I don't have the team nor the website? Like if the ask to see the website or to talk with members what do I tell them?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Alrigth, I will, just one thing, What am I supposed to say to people in the remote possibility someone is interested in the time I don't have the team nor the website? Like if the ask to see the website or to talk with members what do I tell them?
I sold digital marketing services for years without having a website. No-one ever asked to see my website, and no-one ever asked to speak to my team members.

This line might help you:

"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
I sold digital marketing services for years without having a website. No-one ever asked to see my website, and no-one ever asked to speak to my team members.

This line might help you:

"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."
I get it I get it but, if someone is actually interested and wants to close the deal, what should I tell them?

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
There was a huge debate recently about copywriting and freelancing: link here
(not a rickroll link this time I promise)
Yeah I tried freelancing copywriting for a bit until they blocked my paltform since I was a minor (smh). Anyways I would NOT freelance, I would merely be the connection between freelancers and the clients. My task would be setting sales basically...

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I get it I get it but, if someone is actually interested and wants to close the deal, what should I tell them?
How to pay and what happens next is what you tell them.

Dan

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Yeah, then you figure it out.

Unless the very first person you speak to says 'Let's do it and I want it now' you have time to think about the how and when.

Dan

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
Yeah, then you figure it out.

Unless the very first person you speak to says 'Let's do it and I want it now' you have time to think about the how and when.

Dan
Thanks for the advice, I’m gonna do my research and I’m gonna try this week. I’ll start by sending 10 emails in 7 days… let’s see how it goes

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

That said;

Greg
I tried to use upwork but I'm not 18 yet, I'm still trying to get the clients and I'm going to the the work by myself for now, what if you did the same thing where after you make some money yourself you then hire people to do it for you. That's what I'm going to do

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
I tried to use upwork but I'm not 18 yet, I'm still trying to get the clients and I'm going to the the work by myself for now, what if you did the same thing where after you make some money yourself you then hire people to do it for you. That's what I'm going to do
I just think it’s more beneficial in terms of how much you earn if you have people who do the work for you, like you’d have to both find the clients AND do the work, I’d just look for the clients… I don’t know if my strategy will work out but I’m willing to give it a shot since it’s virtually free

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
I just think it’s more beneficial in terms of how much you earn if you have people who do the work for you, like you’d have to both find the clients AND do the work, I’d just look for the clients… I don’t know if my strategy will work out but I’m willing to give it a shot since it’s virtually free
That's a good point I'm not sure if I want to do that probably would probably go quicker than just doing it myself. Why don't you try it and see how it goes.

gregoriobruni

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 13, 2023
That's a good point I'm not sure if I want to do that probably would probably go quicker than just doing it myself. Why don't you try it and see how it goes.
After all, the only way to know if it’s better is to try. I’m. How about we keep updated on each other’s journey?

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.