The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Every Multimillionaire / Billionaire Lose Touch With Reality?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
This is something that has been bothering me for quite a while.

I must admit. I found inspiration to write it after reading this post from MJ on Elon Musk’s recent ‘behaviour’.

Link here:

What's going on with Elon Musk? Eccentric or going mad?

But this was just a trigger.

Do you know Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Or Warren Buffet?

Or Bill Gates?

Or George Soros?

Of course you don't (or you do).

Either way they are multimillionaires / billionaires.

What I have noticed is, they have allowed themselves to release brain farts in volumes, that made me think they had lost touch with reality (at least temporarily, great excuse, I lost it, did something horribly wrong, but only for a second, so I am excused...).

"Reputation is like china, once broken it's never well-mended" - Abraham Lincoln

One of my greatest idols, and the ‘biggest’ bodybuilder of all time. Arnold Schwarzenegger. One of the greatest figures of business, sports, entertainment etc… He ripped one like this:

"“if you work hard

and you play by the rules

this country is truly

open to you.

You can achieve anything."

but did he get to where he is

playing by the rules? Or would

he have ever even been famous

had he not taken

those drugs?”

That’s from a movie “Bigger, Stronger, Faster” (recommended watching). The transcript here:

Bigger Stronger Faster Script - transcript from the screenplay and/or the steroids movie

Another one let out by Arnold when I saw his FB profile and he was writing something about clean energy… The guy who got Hummer adapted to civilian application, who has driven ‘tanks’ and flying jets solo………….. While I admire all who want to better our world. I don’t like people advocating one thing (ban steroid, suppress ‘unclean’ energy consumption) and using the opposite to achieve their goals.

This one was from another thread I cannot find now. Mark Zuckerberg promoting open society:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM8l623AouM

Zuckerberg Wants An Open Society; Just Not Within His Own Company

While building physical walls in his real life:

Mark Zuckerberg is building a wall, and Hawaiians aren't happy about it

The last, but not least.

Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and the likes advocating some ridiculous policies, while benefiting from the complete opposite state.

Doug Casey’s Two Days with the Real and Wannabe Elite - International Man

To summarise.

Do you want to know my answer?

Because I am not omnipotent, I will reach out to mathematics, not to consume more of your time and space here.

Statistically speaking, the number of assh*les and assh*lness in every population should be in balance, according to normal distribution.

But the impact/influence/misery you can ‘apply’ to the world when having 5$ and BN5$ is completely different, isn’t it?

What is your opinion?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Dude, there were no such rules in bodybuilding back then. Arnie couldn't break rules that didn't exist, could he? At Mr. Olympia there barely are any today, even.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Steroids were legal when Arnold was young.

But yes all those people you've mentioned live in a bubble. They won't feel the effects of the policies they want. Some of them may even know that the rules don't apply to them.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.