• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Does Every Multimillionaire / Billionaire Lose Touch With Reality?

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by Everyman, Aug 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $530
    The average Westerner on 30k a year, is going tohave alifestyle that sounds crazy and out of touch to the average resident of subsharane Africa.

You pay a whole $1.48 to have somebody grow your food for you?

About half the world lives on $2.50 a day, 80% of the population of the planet lives on less than $10 a day. If you earn $50 a day, your out of touch with the rest of the world. You just dpont realise, it because they can't afford to get online and tell you.

At $300,000 as US median net worth, a billionaire is worth 3322x the average perosn

If you earn more than $32,400 a year or have a net worth of 770,000 (Include equity in your home, value of your car, computers etc) then your in the top 1% and out of touch too.

Are You in the Top One Percent of the World?

Everyman likes this.
  2. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,138
    Well, have you?

Everyman, ClaverCasley and GoGetter24 like this.
  3. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,740
    Depends what you define as a REALITY.

If you talk about a 'commonsense reality' - I've already lost the touch with it and I am not even a millionaire yet.

SMH, Everyman and Roz like this.
  4. JasonEP

JasonEP Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $256
    This post was the perfect way to describe it. I grew up in a family that was flat broke. Like no money, the only time my parents argued when I was growing up was over money, and it sure wasn't because they had too much of it. So throughout all of my life I viewed problems through the lens of what can be caused by a lack of money.

I then was put in a different situation in my early 20s where I was surrounded by 1%-ers. I was originally looking at all of their problems through the lens of having no money. I couldn't comprehend why they did or did not do certain things. Eventually I was able to realize and understand how and why they looked at problems a certain way. I saw that "rich" people had plenty of problems just like "poor" people, they were just different problems.

If people haven't been able to view problems from another group's or " class' " point of view, they will never understand their reasoning for believing certain things. Its something you have to experience for yourself. You can't apply your logic and reasoning to another class' point of view.

All of the world's problems could be solved if people could look at issues from other peoples' perspective without any bias. I feel that being able to remove your own bias when looking at a situation is a skill/ability that needs to be actively worked on and unfortunately is a skill that most people don't even know exists. If they don't know it exists, they can't improve it.

EDIT: I posted this after reading JAJT's post, without reading the rest of the thread. I think the conversation in this thread does a great job of proving my point.

ClaverCasley and Everyman like this.
  5. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,844
    Slowlaners are out of touch with reality.

401k? compound interest? Social Security? lol...

SMH and Everyman like this.
  6. Everyman

Everyman Get To The Choppa! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $579
    Good stuff. Exactly. I am a dinosaur because of my views.

Same here... Your post here is excellent. Thank you @JasonEP

Again this is perfect @luniac .

Having loads of money doesn't make you right. It makes you more powerful to force your version of reality on others, even if it's horribly wrong (Tesla's ev cars). Some will do this (I think the minority though). The problem for me is that we all bear the implications of e.g. Musk and his 'friends'' ideas. It costs to build these unviable projects, and it costs population (I won't expand on this here). I could mention other projects too... But let us stop and think about it - why do we need the Pyramids?...........

That's why it's so important to Unscript yourself from what is going on around.

ClaverCasley and JasonEP like this.
  7. ChrisR

ChrisR Diamond Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,456
    Good old Arnold went awol from the Austrian government before he came to the states. If an American actor/personally did that in their past they'd be labeled a pussy and a coward.

With that being said, I used to really like him until he started to open his mouth about politics.

Everyman likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.