The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Every Multimillionaire / Billionaire Lose Touch With Reality?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Would be good to know, because I don't see evidence of their actions...
There's a lot more power behind the chair than in the chair. Most real power and good deeds are done quietly behind the scenes. It's not Oprah giving away a car on TV to everyone cheering. You don't have to be uber-rich to do those acts of kindness. Many times it costs very little or nothing to lend a hand. It does take YOU having the heart to notice others in need. It's a personal stance of consistently paying forward and giving back as you move through your life's journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alberto322

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 28, 2021
If losing touch with reality is the price of being a multi-millionaire I am sure that I want to pay this price. XD

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Also I get a lot of “scriptedness” from this question.

Does “reality” mean being poor?

is being a millionaire actually rich??

There are several millionaires in my family and pretty much all of them still have jobs - that they need. Lol

The other ones own businesses, but still are employed as CEO etc of their small biz.

One family member (not related by blood) is an exception and pretty much does whatever he wants, takes occasional CEO roles in different companies but gets fired and quits and moves to another one. That guy is the exception because he went through Harvard and got in with Bain and stuff. I know very little else about him because he doesn’t talk to our side much!

You could of course sell a company for $20 million+ and that puts you in a different league than someone with say, $1-3 million net worth (that’s still upper middle class, unless you achieve it at a young age)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Also I get a lot of “scriptedness” from this question.

Does “reality” mean being poor?

is being a millionaire actually rich??

There are several millionaires in my family and pretty much all of them still have jobs - that they need. Lol

The other ones own businesses, but still are employed as CEO etc of their small biz.

One family member (not related by blood) is an exception and pretty much does whatever he wants, takes occasional CEO roles in different companies but gets fired and quits and moves to another one. That guy is the exception because he went through Harvard and got in with Bain and stuff. I know very little else about him because he doesn’t talk to our side much!

You could of course sell a company for $20 million+ and that puts you in a different league than someone with say, $1-3 million net worth (that’s still upper middle class, unless you achieve it at a young age)
Being a millionaire these days doesn't mean rich -- it just means financially independent.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.