The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone know a good sales course for complete beginners?

gonso

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 12, 2023
I've been learning a lot lately. Creating websites, managing and growing social media accounts, and scriptwriting.
Now I want to scale that by learning how to sell so I can may be start monetizing those skills.
The problem is that everywhere I look, sales courses are oriented to people who already have a company or are managing a team. I haven't been able to find one that's oriented towards people who are just starting from scratch.

So if anyone knows where I can learn how to sell I would be grateful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
I recommend this guy:- Jeremy Miner. He has a book as well. Watch some of his videos on Social Media and see how good he is. I wish you all the best.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I've been learning a lot lately. Creating websites, managing and growing social media accounts, and scriptwriting.
Now I want to scale that by learning how to sell so I can may be start monetizing those skills.
The problem is that everywhere I look, sales courses are oriented to people who already have a company or are managing a team. I haven't been able to find one that's oriented towards people who are just starting from scratch.

I recommend to try gain some real world selling experience first. Then you will know what books are useful and what are completely irrelevant (90 percent of them).

Even in big corporation these days sales manager who have not being in the game for 7-8 years become clueless.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

I highly recommend with basic copywriting books first.

They teach you the core ideas of why people buy - then sales is just doing it in realtime.

Study 10 classic copywriting books are you sales skills are going to jump way up.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

This thread might help:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I highly recommend with basic copywriting books first.

They teach you the core ideas of why people buy - then sales is just doing it in realtime.

Study 10 classic copywriting books are you sales skills are going to jump way up.
That is quite interesting. I started in copywriting, but I found sales to be quite different, and I don't think most good copywriters are good salespeople, strangely enough, though I do agree that you would expect them to be.

And here's why:

Copywriters don't ask questions. They tell people what to do/think.

Salespeople ask questions. Salespeople uncover problems in real time.

Copywriters uncover problems first, and then write something to educate people who may have those problems what to do. Copywriters mainly speak to people who already have some awareness of the problem, and they deepen it and get them to purchase something... usually something of low-value (<$1K) for an unknown brand first... it can be higher value if the brand is well-known and has a lot of social proof.

Salespeople help prospects uncover problems, and then create customized solutions for those problems. They also build trust and get people to part with many thousands of bucks.

But it's a whole different ballgame if you ask me.

My own recommendations:
• Way of the Wolf by Jordan Belfort -- so you learn how to craft a sales process and influence people
• NLP/hypnosis/cold reading so you learn how to manipulate people :devil: -- and believe me, you CAN manipulate them, although it's not something I recommend since you can create massive problems further down the line for yourself. But learning about this is the best way for you to learn how to deal with sensitive issues, get people to open up, and also catch and call out people's bullshit. Some good books: Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques by Richard Bandler & John Grinder, Forbidden Keys to Persuasion, and the Full Facts Book of Cold-Reading.
• How to Sell Anything to Anyone by Joe Girard -- so you learn how to generate leads and fill up the Ferris wheel as Joe calls it.
• Winning Through Intimidation -- so you learn how to position yourself as a high-value motherfcker who is not to be trifled with. Alternatively, if you don't like the hardcore angle of it, replace it with Sandler's You Can't Teach a Kid How to Ride a Bike at a Seminar.
• SPIN Selling -- so you learn how to ask good questions AND how to structure a sales process
• How to Win Friends and Influence People -- so you learn how to be a good person, instead of a grade A a**hole who exploits people.

You need all of those, at minimum, to have a good sales education IMO.

Last edited:

gonso

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 12, 2023
That is quite interesting. I started in copywriting, but I found sales to be quite different, and I don't think most good copywriters are good salespeople, strangely enough, though I do agree that you would expect them to be.

And here's why:

Copywriters don't ask questions. They tell people what to do/think.

Salespeople ask questions. Salespeople uncover problems in real time.

Copywriters uncover problems first, and then write something to educate people who may have those problems what to do. Copywriters mainly speak to people who already have some awareness of the problem, and they deepen it and get them to purchase something... usually something of low-value (<$1K) for an unknown brand first... it can be higher value if the brand is well-known and has a lot of social proof.

Salespeople help prospects uncover problems, and then create customized solutions for those problems. They also build trust and get people to part with many thousands of bucks.

But it's a whole different ballgame if you ask me.

My own recommendations:
• Way of the Wolf by Jordan Belfort -- so you learn how to craft a sales process and influence people
• NLP/hypnosis/cold reading so you learn how to manipulate people :devil: -- and believe me, you CAN manipulate them, although it's not something I recommend since you can create massive problems further down the line for yourself. But learning about this is the best way for you to learn how to deal with sensitive issues, get people to open up, and also catch and call out people's bullshit. Some good books: Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques by Richard Bandler & John Grinder, Forbidden Keys to Persuasion, and the Full Facts Book of Cold-Reading.
• How to Sell Anything to Anyone by Joe Girard -- so you learn how to generate leads and fill up the Ferris wheel as Joe calls it.
• Winning Through Intimidation -- so you learn how to position yourself as a high-value motherfcker who is not to be trifled with. Alternatively, if you don't like the hardcore angle of it, replace it with Sandler's You Can't Teach a Kid How to Ride a Bike at a Seminar.
• SPIN Selling -- so you learn how to ask good questions AND how to structure a sales process
• How to Win Friends and Influence People -- so you learn how to be a good person, instead of a grade A a**hole who exploits people.

You need all of those, at minimum, to have a good sales education IMO.
Ayo that's a lot of free time to write that whole thing haha.
Thanks a lot man really helpful, definitely gonna look into it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.