Andy Black
Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
I was just asked this:
I'm so curious about how you structure your time. You put that thought in my head about the sawmill (and the paid newsletter which i can't really shake btw). I love the idea and am executing it in two groups at the moment.
I see you do it daily. I see your high 'output level'. I don't really see you hurrying in your responses (a pitfall i fell into, which reduces the quality tremendously).
How do you structure your week/your day. How do you combine it with your client work, non-working hours, and stuff? Would love to hear your thoughts on that.
Here was the first part of my reply. I'll come back and add more later.
Yes, don't reply too soon and end up getting dragged into a tit-for-tat message conversation. Slow it down and make it more like an email conversation.
I created this thread a while back:
It's NOT that neat! Haha. And that was before the Coronavirus and the kids ended up staying home.
Yes, I have high output, because I document as I go along.
AN EXAMPLE FROM THIS MORNING:
1) I checked one of my projects this morning, had a think about it, took some action, then wrote it up for my team in Basecamp:
2) I then posted it to one of my progress threads:
3) I then immediately posted to my paid email newsletter which is like a curated version of all the content I drop in the forum and elsewhere:
I'm literally going to create a new thread in the forum out of this reply.
See what I do?
I'm so curious about how you structure your time. You put that thought in my head about the sawmill (and the paid newsletter which i can't really shake btw). I love the idea and am executing it in two groups at the moment.
I see you do it daily. I see your high 'output level'. I don't really see you hurrying in your responses (a pitfall i fell into, which reduces the quality tremendously).
How do you structure your week/your day. How do you combine it with your client work, non-working hours, and stuff? Would love to hear your thoughts on that.
Here was the first part of my reply. I'll come back and add more later.
Yes, don't reply too soon and end up getting dragged into a tit-for-tat message conversation. Slow it down and make it more like an email conversation.
I created this thread a while back:
It's NOT that neat! Haha. And that was before the Coronavirus and the kids ended up staying home.
Yes, I have high output, because I document as I go along.
AN EXAMPLE FROM THIS MORNING:
1) I checked one of my projects this morning, had a think about it, took some action, then wrote it up for my team in Basecamp:
2) I then posted it to one of my progress threads:
3) I then immediately posted to my paid email newsletter which is like a curated version of all the content I drop in the forum and elsewhere:
I'm literally going to create a new thread in the forum out of this reply.
See what I do?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
