The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do i wait another 8 weeks or move on now?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
As an e-commerce business we rely heavily on software and automation to perform a lot of daily tasks. We have been using the same software now for 5 years. However it now lacks some of the features we require.

For example it does not manage our stock across multiple market places (Ebay, Amazon, Play) so we manually have to remove stock from these channels before it oversells using a custom made spreadsheet. This is labour intensive and doesn't always work so we end up overselling our products.

I won't bore you with the rest of the features we require which it doesn't do but i was told by our existing supplier at the end of last year that they are working on a new ebay/amazon integration software upgrade which would include the features and it would be ready end of March 2015. That time came and went.

Since then i've emailed the supplier at least once a month to see if it's any closer to being finished and last week i was told they encountered some issues whilst testing and didn't want to launch something that wasn't error free however they are confident it should be ready by the end of Summer (UK) so end of August or early September 2015.

In the meantime i've researched other types of software and found what many are saying is the industry leader and their software does everything we need and probably a lot more. It's called Channel Advisor and some of you may use it or at least heard of it. It's not cheap by any means (approx £1000 a month) but it is comprehensive and it's ready now.

Do i risk waiting another 8 weeks for my current supplier to bring out their version which they've told me is essentially the same thing but will cost a lot less or pull the plug and move to Channel Advisor? (requires signing of 12 month contract).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
requires signing of 12 month contract
Ask about doing a month to month. My payment processor had a "hard minimum" of 24 months written into all their offers for similar conditions. I said I'll only do month to month and got it. Paid a small setup fee instead.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Ask about doing a month to month. My payment processor had a "hard minimum" of 24 months written into all their offers for similar conditions. I said I'll only do month to month and got it. Paid a small setup fee instead.

Good point thanks. I've emailed them to see if this is an option.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Its a minimum 12 month contract. No room for negotiation.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.