• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Dead-End Sh*t Jobs ... Yours?

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by MJ DeMarco, Nov 29, 2007.

1. 458

458 Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,780
    Winn Dixie bag boy, 6am Sunday morning shift.. pretty sure I met Ted Bundy once or twice working that shift..

Kingmaker and SMH like this.
  2. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,131
    12 hour night shifts looking at a conveyor full of cotton seed being loaded on a ship. Pretty sure I had cotton growing in my lungs after that..

ruzara5 and Kingmaker like this.
  3. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $448
    Currently a cross between low-level IT gopher and bureaucratic punching bag, paid better and less stress than my old gig at least.
    I do nothing that contributes to anything meaningful almost everyday and have to leave 90 minutes before my shift in the mornings to get to work and avoid bumper to bumper traffic lest I pay another 220 dollars for another month of tolls going just 8 miles one way.
    I'm spectacularly blessed compared to most, but where I'm at now and what it's trying to stop me from doing and being seems to be eating me and leaves me raw and hungering for a better life.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 4:44 PM
  4. Matt Hunt

Matt Hunt New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $61
    My job is consistently ranked as one of the top jobs in the country by Forbes or CNN Money, or whoever... Physician Assistant. But it IS a dead-end job. There is no advancement. Just a 3-5% raise per year to adjust for inflation, that's it. And the debt is astronomical. I still owe $99k, but I've already paid off half of what I started with.

When I pursued this career, the financial details weren't on my mind. It was what I wanted to do. Four years into it, and there's just a lot of things about the medical field that I don't like. When it comes to the Slowlane, it could certainly be worse, as I could easily take what I'm now putting toward loans ($4,500/mo) into real estate investments. And this was my initial plan. Pour money into real estate until I have enough cash flow to live off of.

But now I see that even that will take another 10-15 years, and at my current position I work M-F, plus two Saturdays a month for half a day. I see my life passing me by while I sit here in my office of my clinic alllll the time!

Even one of the "best jobs" in the country is still a job. And ALL jobs suck!

5. ryanbleau

ryanbleau Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,625
    My day job has changed a bit from my last post. Got a promotion and managed to get paid to relocate to Scottsdale. I'm now a field engineer for the company while working on my own product ideas.

6. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    Government employee loving in northern Virginia???

7. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $448
    Good try lol but no; Texas based.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

andviv likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.