The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Cryptocurrency GPU mining

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Hey everyone. So I have had a few people ask me to do this, so here I go. This is not going to be really in depth at the moment as I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off. My wife just took a part time job, I am watching the toddlers, and I am trying to set up another 10ish new GPU, and I am going through literally everything that I have in order to consolidate it into the most efficient formats on their respective motherboards and power supplies.

I will add some more basics in a few coming posts, or just edit this one to kind of document how I got started. Here it is short and sweet though:

I started mining on a single 1070 GPU back in roughly 2017/2018. I can not remember off the top of my head but I could probably find some old emails that detail this a bit better.

Almost immediately after that first GPU I started adding to it, and started hodgepodge slapping rigs together. The first coins I mined are lost forever lol, I forgot all my passwords to paper wallets, and can't remember the winzip passwords to something which may contain this data. I found some thumb drives with files that could be this, but I can't open them. If anyone knows how to brute force open winzip passwords let me know!!!!!!!!!

I used to live in an apartment, and literally had wires going to every outlet that was on a different fuse in the breaker box in order to run as many machines as I possibly could. I literally had to turn computers off in order to run the blender or the vacuum. My wife got pregnant and we had a little girl, and literally more than half of our apartment was taken up by computers with wires all over - it was time to move. At this time there was like 25ish graphics cards.

We moved into a house, and it did not take me long to tap all the 120v power here, and the existing breakers. My dad and I put in a couple 30a fuses on 240v which about doubled my capacity, which I thought would last me a long time. Well it is now full, and I am worried that this 100amp panel is just about completely tapped out. I am going to add maybe 1-2KW more of usage, but no more than that.

I came to the conclusion that the literal only way for me to continue this is to find some industrial space and rent it out (@GlobalWealth maybe help me out with some ideas?) or I need some land and some sea cans.

At the moment I have 60-70 graphics cards, I am doing about a 70/30 split between Ethereum and Raven at the moment. All my rigs are running on linux mining software, SMOS and HiveOS. Both have their plus and minus, but I like SMOS for ease of accessing crash logs when setting up new cards and stuff. HiveOS seems more advanced and works better on stable rigs.

View: https://imgur.com/lOtJ6NX

And here is a shot of a build that I am working on at the moment. This is a b450f Gaming ii motherboard that has 6 PCIE slots, and 2 m.2 that can run PCIE. So it should be able to handle 8 cards, but for the life of me I can not get it to accept the m.2 adapters, so that is something that I am working on figuring out at the moment.

View: https://imgur.com/eiO5ay1

Here is a beauty of a nighttime photo of some of the stuff I have going at the moment. This requires some massive cooling so I have a lot of fans and an exhaust out the window. In the winter I have the fans blowing the heat into the house, as well as windows open sucking in the cold air at all times. They GET HOT in this small house.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am not joking when I say this is taking over my life. Here is my home gym/ motherboard staging area. I have 3 wood cases ready to go, and 2 motherboards I am troubleshooting on the ground. Not the best area but my kids don't go down here, and it's out of the way so they are safe there.

Curtains in the back are to blackout my theater room with a projector. I made this amazing legit theater room with blackout curtains on the walls and roof, 5.2.1 Atmos, and a projector. And now I watch like one movie a month if I am lucky.
20210822_091345.jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1134 Subs on YouTube now, and I was just accepted for monetization an hour ago. So all my videos have just had that turned on! I am curious to see how this plays out as this is a 100% new area for me that I really don't know anything about and never expected would be something I would pursue.

I need to figure out sponsors, how to make those cards and add that stupid little notification thing, start telling people to watch my other videos... All that stuff that other people all seem to say works. Also need an intro or something. I want to record my own music for the intro and outro, and make it some banging heavy metal riff. Everyone on YouTube seems to always use techno or House music and it kind of drives me nuts. I am going to be the heavy metal miner.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Kak put me on to some proper recording gear and it just showed up in the mail! I should hopefully be able to walk around and troubleshoot rigs without nuts wind and fan noise going forward!

YouTube is at 1300 subs and fully monetized. I had a proper logo made up, and I'm almost done an intro video right now. I am pretty excited about it!

Raoul Duke

#fJb
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well I just went out and got a 3080, 3070ti and a 3060ti from a contact. These are really stacking up now. These are going to go on another b450f gaming ii motherboard that I am setting up. First up is to update the bios, and then see if I can get the m.2 to PCIe adapters to work.

I am really trying to find a cheap solution that lets me copy-and-paste these mining rigs to simplify and lower expenses on builds. I am hoping this board works because I can pick them up for $140-170 Canadian at any computer store. Ram is also cheap at about $40. Right now I am having difficulty sourcing cheap cpu's for this system, but I can get some ordered from China for roughly $150. However, they should be costing me no more than $100 locally if anyone ever had any stock.

For now I've been buying cheaper used AMD CPUs off of the local classifieds for roughly $150.

Not including power supplies or graphics cards, I can build out this system with the capability for 6 cards for about $350-400. If I figure out how to get these 2 extra cards working that only adds $12 in adapters. I'm building custom open air frames out of wood, so costs on that is very low.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So at current rates and prices this is bringing in about $13,000 CAD/month with maybe $1,800 in electricity costs. 100% of my profits are going to upgrading cards right now, and I am still expanding like mad.

I am sitting at 90 subscribers right now, and I thought of an awesome way to put out content as well. I am going to be going through each of my rigs 1-by-1 and detailing all my overclocks, card types, power supply and motherboard. The whole thing. Get some good info out there.

I also have at least one of every type of Nvidia 30 series card, and lots of old full hashrate, and newer LHR cards. I am going to make a spreadsheet on costs, profitability, OC settings... Talk about this. Videos like this are usually absolute crap, reference really bad sources from the internet, and are not complete. I actually have these cards in hand and have run through the settings myself. Most of the OC settings online are crap I find. Some guys are getting insanely high numbers that seem fake, and lots of people who actually have the cards are getting really low performance numbers. My numbers will all be based on real cards in hand, with weeks and months of runtime.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just checked my numbers and here is a more exact rundown of how I am doing on each algorithm:

Ethereum:
2,238 MH/s
7,139 watts (-$771)
= 1.55 Ethereum a month @ $4,300 CAD = $6,665
= Total minus electricity = $5,894

Raven:
1,388.5 MH/s
9,438 watts (-$1,019)
= 41,500 RVN per month @ $0.165 CAD = $6,847
= Total minus electricity = $5,828

Total net income per month at todays prices = $11,722

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@GPM you are reprehensible. You are singlehandedly destroying the environment. We only have 12 years left until we are all dead because of you… And you’re the reason grown a$$ men can’t find new GPUs so they can play their games better.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@GPM you are reprehensible. You are singlehandedly destroying the environment. We only have 12 years left until we are all dead because of you… And you’re the reason grown a$$ men can’t find new GPUs so they can play their games better.
I have already been blamed for causing the price increase and shortage of cards lol. I wonder if I caused the chip shortage in vehicles too which is curbing current output!

All part of my master plan my brother.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
No real changes on the mining front.

I am still dreaming about that commercial space. It would be amazing. I took a drive around a closer industrial location to where I live and got some numbers of a few more places to call. Utility companies are also a bunch or idiots who hate business, so I need to keep calling on them and seeing what I can do to lower my power bill. No one has any idea, and they don't want to answer anything over the phone. So far my results have been "we will call you back", "look online for the rates (which only show regular consumer rates and not commercial rates)". So far they have been useless.

Youtube is starting to get me more and more excited. I have gone from 320 subs at my last post 2 days ago, to a squeak over 400 today. I am also getting a lot of comments on my videos now, and guys are really enjoying my content and giving me ideas for more, or even helping me with issues or asking me to help them with their issues. It is exactly where I want to be, it is just happening WAY faster than I thought it would.

I am going to be throwing up a bunch of my 10 series cards on eBay this week, and maybe trading a few with a local miner for some 3060 LHR cards that they do not want. The weather is also getting pretty cold at night here (2-6C). I am thinking about building a really high shelf and putting a mining computer in the "toy room" upstairs to keep that room warm. I need it nice and high and 100% away from anywhere the little ones can get at.

I also ordered a GoPro 10 on release date, it should arrive today. I almost got a 9 for mountain biking, but it was not 100% there yet. By the sounds of it the 10 is going to be pretty stellar for mountain biking with a chest rig. I also do not show my face in my YouTube videos, and probably never will. I am going to be making POV videos showing how I build rigs from scratch, and do repairs. I have seen a few of these online and they are really cool for guys just starting out. It should also free up my movements and make it easier for me to work.

I am going to be building a rig from scratch with a 3060, 3060ti, 3070, 3070ti, 3080 and a 3080ti. I think this will be fun to video and then fiddle with in the software as it will have every single 30 series (other than the 3090).

I can also do POV videos of fan repair, thermal pad replacement, and anything else that is hands on in this niche.

Last edited:

AceVentures

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 16, 2019
I am going to be building a rig from scratch with a 3060, 3060ti, 3070, 3070ti, 3080 and a 3080ti. I think this will be fun to video and then fiddle with in the software as it will have every single 30 series (other than the 3090).

I've been toying with my 3090 and it's a load of fun.

Dig thru the new Ampere architecture whitepaper if you want to get more technical - but there is a lot to talk about if you're looking for more technical material on the GPUs for your videos.

The performance difference vs previous generation is mind blowing. Tensor cores, Ray Tracing cores, unique memory management, and a shit ton more CUDA cores.

Maybe you could make videos for people on how these GPUs can be used outside of mining, in case anybody worries what will happen to PoW. This gen of GPUs is really phenomenal for machine learning algorithms - perhaps you can point to how they can harness this excess power to contribute to ML networks.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
New cards are mining raven, ignoring all costs associated with things like cables, cases, ram, motherboard... (these come to about $500 per Rig, and would be split among all the cards it runs)

Depending on which model of card it can run from 5.5-8 months on current coin prices. This also takes into consideration energy costs, which are significant. When I first got into mining I was calculating out 18 month payout times and was happy with that, so with these current prices this is pretty insane.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just went out and got a pretty good haul.

8x Zotac 3060
2x Zotac 3060ti
2x EVGA 3060ti

I won't be able to hook them all up yet due to a lack of power and motherboards, but I can get a lot of them. I ordered 2 more of those sweet 8-card case setups from spiderminer, and these are eventually all going to go in those
20210824_162940.jpg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have attached the energy usage graph from my utility company, which shows pretty good how I have been expanding my cards.

Personal energy usage was effectively 0 from mid May to mid July, so this was completely from the rigs.
Lol! I just saw this. If you were going to get one, you’d need a serious commercial standby generator for your home to run everything. :rofl:

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well I have done it again, another 6700xt and another 3080ti card today. My family is coming over soon for dinner so I won't be able to set them up until tomorrow though. Or maybe I just stay up after they go home and I will do it then. I'm not gonna lie, I am a bit obsessed.

So my YouTube is up to 110 subscribers now. Not sure how this growth stacks up, but it seems to be moving nicely to me. I have been trying to at least put out a short video every day.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Youtube is up to 169 subs, and I have 2 videos uploaded and scheduled to drop over the next 2 days so that I don't need to worry about it. I have still been doing one a day.

My b250 mining expert board might have crapped the bed after a power outage. It no longer connects to the internet through the ethernet cable. I am not sure how to get this fixed, but a clearing of the CMOS has not done anything. Maybe I could try uploading the bios on it again?

I ended up swapping cards around and taking my 20 and 30 series ones off of it so that I am not down as many hashes, however this still leaves me with 13 cards offline which sucks.

I ordered 2 more of those 8-card server cases. I made a deal with them where I get 25% off all my orders from now on as well. I also made a deal with guy where he can order me thousands of risers and power splitters if need be.

I have some utility companies calling me back hopefully tomorrow on some commercial rates. I guess my usage will qualify me as a large commercial operation lol, so the small potato guys couldn't help me.

I got my 7x 3080ti build up and working. It is bad a$$.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Great thread and thank you for writing everything out. Love to see something like this instead of the usual response to mining, "You're too late" or "iTs nOt WoRth iT". Congrats on your accomplishments!

I've lurked on the forum throughout the years but decided to make an account.

I might have missed this in the thread, do you use any mining pools?
Yes, you have to use a mining pool on anything established.

I have tried lots of different pools for Ethereum and Raven and whatever else I mined back in the day. I settled on Ethermine for Ethereum, and Flypool for Raven. Both are owned by the same team I am pretty sure.

I know it has barely been any time at all from my last post, but I am up to 430 subs now. Looks like something stuck, if this keeps up maybe I can hit my 1,000 subs in a week? Fingers crossed!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1440 subs and 82.2k views in the last 28 days. This is growing pretty fast.

I stood around in the cold for a few hours and picked up a 3090 founders edition graphics card. This should be good for 115-120 MH on Ethereum, and I'll need to swap around a whole bunch of cards in order to make it fit.

My cousin who lives way out on a farm and has a big shop with 200a power and some fun power farming rebates wants me to start building a mine out there so she can use the heat. I guess there is a transformer thingy or something on some wires right at her property so it should be a breeze if we want more power. This should be good for 50-100a right away, so as long as I can get some cash for cards I have some power to grow!

I want to get a bunch more of these server cases and set those up out there. Those are nice and easy to look after, so will be the best bet for having stuff like 9 hours away from me.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Thank you sir! One of these days soon I am going to try this out and see what is on that file!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
It depends on what gives me the best payout. I regularly check out whattomine.com for a rough idea of how the cards perform.

Right now it is split between Raven and Ethereum. I am thinking about building a rig that will mine Ergo and payout in Bitcoin though as I currently have no Bitcoin holdings and I feel foolish.

I am selling Ethereum as I mine it to aquire new cards. I have a small stack that I won't touch, and anything over that gets liquidated for new purchases. I might be getting 5-8 3060ti cards next week depending on how this one performs. I have never used this card before, but I am setting it up on Raven since it is an "LHR" card that is nerfed on Ethereum.

JAJT

Ha Ha! Business
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I was struggling with some m.2 issues (unrelated to mining) and was diving into possible solutions.

One of the main issues I came across was that many motherboards use the pcie lanes as an either/or space for the pci slots and the m.2 slots. If the occupy the same lane, you can basically only use one or the other, but not both. From my understanding this means that the m.2 could disable a pci slot and vice-versa.

It's been a while since I've been into the hardware game so this very well may not be your issue - but it seemed to be the common culprit to a lot of m.2 issues that other users around the net have.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Here are some hard numbers I am throwing up just for a time stamp for myself.

GPU: 67
ASIC: 0
Power Draw: 11,500 watts (~$1,300 CAD/month)
Ethereum hashrate: 2,100 MH/s (1.47 Eth/month @ $3017 USD)
Raven Hashrate: 750 MH/s ( (23,125 RVN/month @ $0.1357 USD)

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Nice setup!
Whats your electricity cost per kWh?
Any problems with your electricity provider?
Please compare the 3080 to 3080ti at ETH and Raven. Thanks.
Will you run the 1070 again?
All prices in CAD

My all in electricity costs are roughly $0.15 per kWh. I will check the new bill when it comes in and double check this. I also need to call the utility provider and see what they charge in the industrial area, and what I can do to lower my costs. I have not yet had any issues with power delivery, but I imagine if weed were illegal I would be getting a knock on my door, at which time I would tell them to screw off and come back with a warrant.

All new graphics cards are the LHR variant, and so they mine Ethereum at 50%. There are a few tricks to get them up to like 70%, but I am not screwing around on a large scale (and potentially lose stability) to figure this out. Besides, with Ethereum payouts being so low now it does not even make sense to worry about this.

These are my latest costs and figures on some recent cards. Please note that it is nearly impossible to find most cards, especially the 3080, so prices are a bit higher than they would otherwise be. The 3080ti also come in a package with a 850w PSU, so prices are a bit higher than they otherwise would be. I am keeping all of my PSU's for future rigs. I learned my lesson trying to sell gear that I thought I would not be using.

3080ti -- $2037 -- 58 MH/s -- 325 watts -- $35.12/MH -- 178kH/w
3080 -- $1344 -- 50 MH/s -- 270 watts -- $26.88/MH -- 185kH/w
3070ti -- $1260 -- 39.6 MH/s -- 250 watts -- $31.82/MH -- 158 kH/w
3070 -- $1024 -- 31 MH/s -- 150 watts -- $33.03/MH -- 207 kH/w
3060ti -- $783 -- 28.6 MH/s -- 160 watts -- $27.38/MH -- 179 kH/w
3060 -- $685 -- 23.5 MH/s -- 135 watts -- $29.15/MH -- 174 kH/w

For reference a 1070 gets about 15 MH/s on raven at 140 watts. So roughly 105kH/w. Not even close to as efficient as any of the 30 series cards.

So the overall best card to get would be the 3070 as it is far and away the most efficient. The last model that I was able to find is also one of the more expensive ones, so most would be $50-100 less than this if you can find one.

The 3080 is the second best as its price per hash is super low, it has great efficiency, and it is super powerful so you can have a very power dense rig.

The 3080ti is roughly on par for efficiency when compared to the other non 3070 cards, but the price per hash is higher. When you take into consideration it also has a PSU that I could sell for $150 quite easily, the price would actually drop to $32.53/MH which would effectively make it the same cost as the 3070 and 3070ti. However, I like this card as it is just an absolute TON of power in such a small form. I am able to make super powerful rigs with these that don't take up an absolute load of room in my house, and space is at a premium for me right now. I literally have rigs sitting on recliners in my theater room. This card is also the easiest for me to get, as everyone else seems to be scared to drop over $2k on a card.

3070ti is a lame duck. This is my least favorite card to get. It is expensive, and it has by far the worst efficiency of any other 30 series card. However, I will still buy these any day of the week if there are no other options, or if one of my sources where I am able to buy multiple cards at a time has them in stock.

3060ti is a secret bomb. I had no idea it would be as good as it is. The price is super low on this, and the efficiency is decent. One of my sources is also able to get quite a few of these in, and I am waiting on 5ish from him at the moment. All I was able to find on the internet before I purchased my first one was how they suck for anything else, and they are now dead on Eth due to LHR. This is all false. This card is a freaking beast for its price. I would happily buy hundreds of these if I could (and I will).

The 3060 is just a whatever card for me. I will buy every one that I can find, but it is not a priority. The cost is low, and the efficiency is decent, but it takes up so much space. Going forward I am going to throw all of these into those cool 8-card rigs that I found. That case is about $700 all in for me at a single price, and if I can buy them in bulk the prices drop. So every card essentially costs me an extra $90 due to the case/psu/cpu that needs to go with it, which is a lot of extra costs considering the lower hash rate that these cards provide.

Here is my list of priority for 30 series Nvidia cards:
3070 > 3080 > 3080ti > 3060ti > 3060 > 3070ti

Nvidia also has 1660 super and 1660ti cards which are fantastic on Ethereum. These cards can be purchased for like $400 all in, and do 31 MH/s on Eth at something like 80 watts. I only have 3 of them, but if they can be found they are a hidden gem.

I own several 3090 cards, but I have not tried these on raven. They are all on Ethereum at the moment and do 119-123 MH/s @ 300-320 watts depending on the card. All my 3080 and 3070 non LHR cards are also still on Ethereum as the power consumption is significantly less and that is my largest concern at the moment with only having a 100amp panel.

I have a few AMD 6700xt cards as well. These are fantastically stable cards but they are very expensive right now. They are at 46.5 MH on Ethereum at ~110 watts. They require 0 babysitting and my 7 card rig has literally never once shut down or had any issues since I figured out the OC settings for the cards. These cards have gone up 20-30% in MSRP since I purchased them, and so I will not get them anymore. They are $1050-1300 per card at the moment, which makes the 30 series cards more attractive. However, there is not yet a BIOS mod for these. Once someone figures that out it could unlock 10-20% more hashes and make them more efficient.

AMD also has a 6600xt card that just came out which may be attractive to buy, but I have yet to try it out. There are also 6800, 6800xt and 6900xt cards. Apparently these all hash about the same on Ethereum, at 60-65 MH/s. AMD could potentially be releasing the 7000 series cards in the not too distant future, but who knows.

If I had unlimited money, and could fund a mine 3-5 years out, I would be spending a significant amount of time running the numbers on AMD cards. They are easier to get, run incredibly efficient, and are bomb-proof stable. There is a reason that most commercial mines from the 2018 era ran thousands of AMD 580xt cards. You just BIOS mod them and set-and-forget them. I have a 13 580xt cards and I think they have not run an error in nearly 3 years. However, I am looking to sell them due to them having lower efficiency compared to modern cards, and I want to raise capital to have all 30 series cards in my house.20210822_090052.jpg

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well I just got my hands on 2 more 3080 cards. My parents are picking them up for me tomorrow. I got them to back-order a 3080 each in January during the peak of GPU mania. They just got a call from the computer store than 3080s came in, but not the ones we originally wanted. Fine by me, these are LHR EVGA FTW3 models.

So 8 months later and the cards came in. Oh well, better late than never, but these cards would have paid themselves off long ago had they come in and been mining etheream the whole time. Since they are LHR these will be going on Raven.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am using trex miner on Windows and mining to my wallet.

My dedicated rigs are using custom mining Linux distros called HiveOS and Simple Mining OS.

Let me know if you need help setting up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore