The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency GPU mining

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Screenshot_20211011-212700_YT Studio.jpg

I need a few more watch hours, but it should only be another two days or so!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1134 Subs on YouTube now, and I was just accepted for monetization an hour ago. So all my videos have just had that turned on! I am curious to see how this plays out as this is a 100% new area for me that I really don't know anything about and never expected would be something I would pursue.

I need to figure out sponsors, how to make those cards and add that stupid little notification thing, start telling people to watch my other videos... All that stuff that other people all seem to say works. Also need an intro or something. I want to record my own music for the intro and outro, and make it some banging heavy metal riff. Everyone on YouTube seems to always use techno or House music and it kind of drives me nuts. I am going to be the heavy metal miner.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
In a gold rush it pays to sell shovels.

Keep going with videos! the trajectory is right on. Views and $$ will follow.

DoppleGanger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 17, 2021
I’ve got an rx580 not doing anything, what would you suggest as a starting point? Raven coin?

Might have to visit Best Buy to see if they have any other stock on hand

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I’ve got an rx580 not doing anything, what would you suggest as a starting point? Raven coin?

Might have to visit Best Buy to see if they have any other stock on hand
You can get anywhere from 27-32 MH on Ethereum with an 8gb rx580!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

DoppleGanger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 17, 2021
Use a mining software called "team Red Miner" for your AMD card.
I got that, just did a quick run without looking at any instructions, and only got 6hs, so I need to do some reading and research for sure!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I got that, just did a quick run without looking at any instructions, and only got 6hs, so I need to do some reading and research for sure!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-184111_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-184111_Brave.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 10

DoppleGanger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 17, 2021
I’m getting 24 now, not sure if I have it right 100 percent yet, but I did get some eth already (I just mean some pool “shares” to be crystal clear)

Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I’m getting 24 now, not sure if I have it right 100 percent yet, but I did get some eth already (I just mean some pool “shares” to be crystal clear)
be careful about what pool you're using. Some of them use a wonky scheme where you're not really getting ethereum, you're getting credits. Make sure to read the payout conditions carefully.

DoppleGanger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 17, 2021
be careful about what pool you're using. Some of them use a wonky scheme where you're not really getting ethereum, you're getting credits. Make sure to read the payout conditions carefully.
I’m giving ethermine a try

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I have never run an AMD card on windows before, but you need some program that can set voltages and stuff on it.

With such a small hashrate, you should check what the minimum payout is on Ethermine. I use that pool myself, but I have enough hashrate to force a payment every other day if I want. You should see if it is possible to get a payout at least once a month, or once every 2 weeks if possible. The issue with ethermine might be due to you paying gas fees to transfer payment to your wallet.

I think hivepool pays the fees for you.

For something fun, I am mining a bit of Hivecoin right now. This is just a hail Mary of a mining play. With a single card you will probably get hundreds of coins a day.

silent

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 19, 2020
Here is Ethermine's payout policy:

Ethereum Layer 1 (Gas limit: 250,000)
-) Daily automatic payout of all balances above your configured payout threshold (10 - 0.01 ETH, network tx fee paid by the miner, default max acceptable gas price will be 40 GWei).

-) Manual
on demand payout of all balances above 0.005 ETH (network tx fee to be paid by the miner; can now be initiated via Metamask signature OR via IP verification).

Side-chain (Matic/Polygon)
-) Daily automatic payout of all balances above 0.005 ETH (network tx fee paid by the pool)
I've been mining for less than a week with a single GTX 1080 and am currently sitting at 0.00251 ETH :D

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Kak put me on to some proper recording gear and it just showed up in the mail! I should hopefully be able to walk around and troubleshoot rigs without nuts wind and fan noise going forward!

YouTube is at 1300 subs and fully monetized. I had a proper logo made up, and I'm almost done an intro video right now. I am pretty excited about it!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1440 subs and 82.2k views in the last 28 days. This is growing pretty fast.

I stood around in the cold for a few hours and picked up a 3090 founders edition graphics card. This should be good for 115-120 MH on Ethereum, and I'll need to swap around a whole bunch of cards in order to make it fit.

My cousin who lives way out on a farm and has a big shop with 200a power and some fun power farming rebates wants me to start building a mine out there so she can use the heat. I guess there is a transformer thingy or something on some wires right at her property so it should be a breeze if we want more power. This should be good for 50-100a right away, so as long as I can get some cash for cards I have some power to grow!

I want to get a bunch more of these server cases and set those up out there. Those are nice and easy to look after, so will be the best bet for having stuff like 9 hours away from me.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I had to do some juggling of cards to get the 3090 to fit in a rig due to my current power concerns. I got it all up and running though! I can't wait to move like 5-8kw over to the farm and free all this space up here.

The new 3090 does 119.5 MH on Ethereum at 284 watts (software) so far. Looks like I got a good one! Of course the temps are colder outside, we will see if there is any issues during the day. From what I have seen some FE cards throttle right out of the box. I am very happy with mine so far.

For reference, my 3090 strix cards which cost about $400 Canadian more, are running at 123.1 MH at 311 watts.

YouTube views are are on a nice steep incline at the moment. I am not sure if this will stay or not, but it is making me happy! You can see where I started to post on August 20, and start to take this seriously.
Screenshot_20211028-061200_YT Studio.jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So the power tripped at my house last night and killed one of my motherboards that has been causing me issues. Now no trick I can do will get it to connect to the internet for more than 10 minutes. Even usb to ethernet adapters don't work.

Rather than keep screwing around with it I grabbed the cheapest AM4 processor I could find from the local computer store, $295 after tax. Now I'll get this rig on a newer motherboard and hopefully all issues stop.

The store also shows out of stock on every card, but the shelves were packed with rtx3080ti, 1650 and a4000 cards. If only I had power and that cash, I would be buying more to make more raven rigs.

I need to get this thing at my cousin's figured out to run like 5-8kw over at her place and free space up where I am.

YouTube will be at 1,500 subs before dinner I bet!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
GAH!!! Talk about a frustrating 2 days of working on this.

I was able to get to the computer store this morning and get the CPU, and just got it all installed. It is 9:30PM local time, and I have been screwing around with this one since 6pm. 3 hours of troubleshooting to get this damn thing up and running! Finally got it though, I hope this works for a long time, I don't want to do this again.

My wife was at work all day, and I was fiddling all night, so that is two days I have not been able to get anything up on youtube. I did manage to film a lot of footage over the last few days, so tomorrow I will be editing that and get it up.

I want to start doing a few hands on videos a week, maybe an update on where the farm is going every other week, and then start doing some talking about OC settings, new card and coin rumors, and maybe some speculative mining that I am doing.

I talked more with my cousin. We are going to start setting up the 240v 30a electrical breakers and wiring that I need. I have 5 server case rigs to move out that way, and I want to order another 5-8 and get some more going.

To start we are going to set up three 30a breakers. That will be good for roughly 15kW of power which should do me for a while! I want to move as much as I can out there right now, and free up my place and my parents to build rigs at. Once everything is 100% stable I will move them out to the farm and keep doing this. They get a nice discount on power for some "ranching" discount, lol, time to put it to good use!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
It is comments like this that make it all worthwhile. I should make a collage of these, they are really stacking upScreenshot_20211030-064028_YT Studio.jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Screenshot_20211106-114719_YT Studio.jpg

People are hilarious.

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
That's an extremely large investment to hit 10K a month. GUess this is the modern way to buy yourself into recurring income. But then you're dependent on the market. This violates the commandment of control and the commandment of entry. Two big red flags. But keep hustling thats good money. Id turn that income into a skill or something though.

How much would it cost to build a rig to make 3K a month profit?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I need to work harder on my YouTube stuff. Views are starting to drop as I have not been as active. I am sitting at just over 1,800 subs right now. Earnings from adsense are at like $330 CAD right now.

I had the most insane few days earlier this week. The main breaker in my house tripped, and would not come back on. Turns out that the main breaker bit the dust, and I could only get power on one leg of my house. Thank goodness that was the leg that had the furnace and fridge on it. This happened at about 3PM on Sunday. I was cooking dinner for my parents and it all just died.

I packed up all the food I was in the middle of cooking, and brought it over to my parents to finish. My dad and I went back to my place to try and figure out what was going on. That is when we discovered one of the legs was toast on the panel.

Monday morning I arranged for an electrician to come over. He diagnosed the issue as the same as what we found, and went out to get the parts needed. I was on the phone with our utility to have the power shut down so that the main breaker could be replaced. I find the number to the Enmax emergency line. It does not work. Says it is not in service or something. Thanks guys.

I call their normal line. After 85 minutes on the phone on hold (estimated wait time of 10 minutes) my phone died. WTF. My wifes phone also does not work. Now we have no phones, no internet, no contact to the electrician, and no way of contacting the utility. I drive over to my parents (10 minutes away) and use their landline to call the electrician. His phone is not working either. Looks like Bell/Virgin is down everywhere. This is fun. I instruct my parents to call Enmax again and try to get them out to shut down our power.

By this time it is getting later. My wife needs to be at work at 3pm. It is 2pm. I haul a$$ to the Enmax corporate office and see if I can talk to someone. Their offices are all closed due to Corona Virus and I bang on the window until their security guard comes out. We have a quick chat. No one is in the building. It is 100% remote. She gives me the number to the emergency line that does not work and wishes me luck.

I get home at 2:45 and whisk my wife and kids into the car and get her to work on time.

My phone starts working again at about 3:30. My dad was able to get through with Enmax prior to this, and they said they can't do anything and forward his phone to the emergency line which goes nowhere. Fun times

At about 5:00 I get through to the emergency line which is back up and running. I guess Telus had some issues as well. They say that shift change is coming up and they will send someone out after shift change. I tell him that I have been without power for over 24 hours and there is a cold snap going on and I have children to feed who I am not able to cook for. He says they will do their best.

7:00 rolls around and no one has shown up. Meanwhile the electrician is still sitting outside in his van since 6pm. I call the emergency line back and ask them WTF is going on. I guess they went to some other call first. Thanks guys. My wife is off work at 8:30 and I am supposed to go get here, but I need to babysit in case these guys show up. I call my dad and he goes and picks my Wife up.

At 8:45pm Enmax shows up and they cut the main power, and the breaker is fixed in about 5 minutes.

All in my rigs were down for like 30 hours before I got half of them up and running, and then 48 hours to get the rest up and running. Lost revenue from this was about $1000 or so, which really hurts as this is my only income, and I am not selling everything generated.

The real kicker is that I was going to sell some Eth Sunday night after our dinner, and that was going to fund some stuff coming up. I will let you check out what has happened to Ethereum prices since that time. I thought about selling again last night and decided to just ride this out until next week when I actually need to sell. So far it looks to be a bad choice, but who knows, a lot can happen in this space in a week.

In other happy news, I have 6 CPU rigs going on Raptoreum right now. I had 4 existing CPU for this that were doing nothing, and I picked up some cheap water cooler AIO, one set of ram, a 5950x and a 5900x to get the rest working. So to add to my bag of fun I have about 12.9 KH/s on that. One of my Helium miners also showed up.

I also sold two 1080ti cards for $1450 CAD total

Here is my breakdown

YouTube stats:
Total Subs: 1,854
28 day views: 79.5k
Estimated Revenue: $320

Ethereum Hashrate: 2.6 GH
Raven Hashrate: 1.5 GH
Raptoreum Hashrate: 12.9 KH
Helium: Still syncing

Helium will have 2 miners. And I ordered 6db antenna for them and high quality cable. I know a guy with a similar setup close by and he does 0.5 Helium a day on his single unit. Something magical happened the other day and he earned 10 for some reason. 10 in one day!!!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I forgot to mention that my power seems good now. Not only was I able to run the dryer without tripping the house yesterday, but that was while also CPU mining on 4 CPU at this house so my power usage was even higher than before.

The dryer used to trip the whole house. Oh and more fun, my washing machine locking mechanism stopped working so now that needs to be repaired. It never ends! At least I can use a dryer again.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Here are the lastest cards. From left to right, all are LHR versions so they will be on raven coin for now.
Zotac 3070
EVGA 3060
EVGA 3060ti
EVGA 3070ti
EVGA 3080

These are going on that new b450f board I was setting up last night. I also have another few cards to add to it to try and get it to 8 cards. Lets see if this works.

Well it works. But it's not 100% stable. It is powering down and resetting several times through the day with no error logs showing up. This makes me suspect it is a PSU issue. It's using 1000 watts on a single 1300 watt consumer PSU right now. My next move is to add a 850w to it and split the cards.

It could also be due to the heat. It's 35C here today and these things are absolutely cooking
aren't AMD cards like rx570, 580xt and Vega usually better than Nvidia?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
aren't AMD cards like rx570, 580xt and Vega usually better than Nvidia?
Those cards are super old and so not very effecient. About 3 years ago the rx580 cards were cheap and plentiful and could easily be modded to run way better than Nvidia cards.

This latest go around the AMD cards are still probably more effecient and stable, but they are significantly more expensive for their given hashrate.

I hope Nvidia gets crushed when the newest series is released. Both AMD and Intel will have cards that are not nerfed for mining, and Nvidia is going to keep playing their stupid games. It will be funny if all the miners ignore Nvidia on the next card release.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Helium: Still syncing

Helium will have 2 miners. And I ordered 6db antenna for them and high quality cable. I know a guy with a similar setup close by and he does 0.5 Helium a day on his single unit. Something magical happened the other day and he earned 10 for some reason. 10 in one day!!!
What helium miners do you have?

I ordered a bobcat and it should arrive by the end of the month. My area is pretty sparse, and I'm in a good spot so I'm hoping it works out great.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.