The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
so did bitcoin die yet, or is it still a thing?

Still a thing. Venture Capital still pouring in to build out the infrastructure. Here's a look http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-venture-capital/

Daily transactions on the blockchain at an all-time high (more and more happen off the chain)

And leaders in the industry are releasing security features so that even if they wanted to they couldn't steal or freeze your money http://blog.coinbase.com/post/101266587127/introducing-multisig-vault-you-can-now-control-your So you can send funds from the "bank" without their permission, without them being able to halt, delay, or charge a fee on the transfer. Pretty amazing really.

But the price is well off it's highs

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency are still very much a "thing".

As with all "things" investment wise they have higher and lower periods, for a few months now the scene has been pretty low compared to our experience when I first started this thread.

Still working on projects within the scene but to make things harder it's getting more and more competitive. As traders we've seen much better / easier days, many of us reminisce of "this time last year" when we were in the big bull run up and prices were going through the roof.

Will it happen again?... I'd like to think so! :)

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I've been investing in a few coins. If you get in early on a coin and not get greedy, you can still make 100% to 400% easily. It can make you a lot of money very quickly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 9, 2014
Australia
Some good momentum right now for Bitcoin with regards to changetip. It might change the way some people think of Bitcoin.

In Australia a new bitcoin company launched recently where you can get verified within minutes using your drivers license or passport or other government issued IDs.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
News from a few days ago... it's part of the reason the price exploded last year when this thread begun. We felt something special was unfolding before our very eyes and that Crypto was going to high places one day... perhaps many years from now.

Despite the 2014 downtrend, Bitcoin is coming along leaps and bounds and getting more and more recognition.

This news is gigantic because it brushes aside many of the doubts that it's just another fad.

MICROSOFT NOW ACCEPTS BITCOIN THROUGH BITPAY

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/microsoft-now-accepts-bitcoin-bitpay/

Ok, so the time has yet to come when merchants keep the btc they receive in payment as opposed to converting to fiat... but it's headed that way... perhaps.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
MICROSOFT NOW ACCEPTS BITCOIN THROUGH BITPAY
3rd largest company in the world. Pretty much makes it a legitimate form of payment for any company. Faster clearing, no chargebacks, lower fees, Microsoft? Legit.

Now that it's a legit form of payment..was before but this gives the ultimate stamp of approval. Btc needs easy on / off ramps worldwide to take over the remittance market. After becoming the cheaper form of payments, and the cheaper way to transfer money country to country, it takes over as a great way to store wealth. Storing on a globally accessible decentralized ledger beats storing on a centralized, corporation owned, bank credit ledger.

Time will tell but microsoft just locked in the first step. 2 more to go.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Merry Cryptomass everyone!

If 2013 was the Year of Discovery.

Then 2014 could be considered The Year of Innovation. <<< this was because of the fierce competition introduced into the altcoin scene in order to get noticed above the everyday noise.

So...

I would like to think that 2015 will be the Year of Realisation in that those important first steps are taken when we start integrating real world uses of distributed blockhain tech into our everyday lives.

Still pumped as ever for this scene and look forward to seeing it mature from embryonic status into a fledgling technology recognised the world over.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Bitcoin - what a joke. Whoever's been hoping to make money off of this, look up the Dutch Tulip Bubble.

who needs bitcoin or tulip bulbs..how about the public stock markets with stocks like SHAKE SHACK up 130% on DAY from the IPO..

FRAUD

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Bitcoin - what a joke. Whoever's been hoping to make money off of this, look up the Dutch Tulip Bubble.

Ah,and how do you propose to make money? Judging from your profile picture, maybe you dream about making a hipster cartoon for man children?

I propose a new category: "Fastlane Sidewalker." This refers to a person who thinks that supplement, importing, and erotic novel businesses are the way to wealth. They want to play entrepreneur in the current system and collect what scraps Amazon or eBay is willing to give them until they shut down their fulfillment and selling accounts and are unable to get help, support, or even an answer from these conglomerates' third world customer and tech support.

If you fail to see the new frontier and thought processes that cryptocurrency has unlocked, then you can't see yourself as on the cutting edge of anything.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
who needs bitcoin or tulip bulbs..how about the public stock markets with stocks like SHAKE SHACK up 130% on DAY from the IPO..

FRAUD

Excellent supporting point. Nasty hipster establishment Shake Shack is barely profitable and trades at x1000 P/E and at a $1.5B market cap. BTC has a market cap barely x2 of this.

I would say self-ownership and a global transacting system that cannot be frozen by anyone is worth more than nasty hipster hair in cutely named, diabetes causing drinks. Then again, you can Instagram a nasty hipster drink and get all sorts of +1's and likes and tweets and all that other garbage they have nowadays.

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015

Talk about FAIL. Only the "INSIDERS" VC funds can actually buy at the IPO price. By the time the shares hit the market it was already up 130%, meaning you missed out!!

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Talk about FAIL. Only the "INSIDERS" VC funds can actually buy at the IPO price. By the time the shares hit the market it was already up 130%, meaning you missed out!!

Yep. Due to needing to be an "accredited investor" or "super accredited investor" to get in earlier, all IPOs really amount to are the rich and well connected pawning off their overpriced stuff on ma and pa mainstreet.

Broken IPOs on the other hand (and most do break/crash) are a more ripe area for finding good deals.

Then again, crypto is more interesting than any of that :p

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I know bumping this thread almost defeats the purpose of this comment but this shit should be shut down so a proper discussion on bitcoin and the underlying technology can take place.

Massive news lately, startups being funded by $100+ Million, but the thread that always seems to get bumped is the one from brief pump & dump era of random alt-coin launches.

Maybe an official bitcoin thread can be created to place all (possibly world changing) news and opinions to.

This needs to die

Vincent_Vega

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 1, 2015
This is an old thread from 2014 ! I️ remember I️ went all in quark coin

Well, then let's resurrect this thread. Where are you guys currently invested? I say take a look at XSPEC, ELIX and XVG. Currently low market cap + price and really promising projects.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I remember I went all in quarkcoin, according to everytone it would be the "next" big thing, I lost about $3k back like 4-5 years ago I believe (cant remember the exact day). But bitcoin and litecoin have always been the top two in cryptocurrency, I think no different than any other altcoin. I also remember they were saying dogecoin would go to the "moon" be careful with altcoins guys, stick to the two kings. The only people who make a fortune on the altcoins is the person who created the coin.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aSOOApSWI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-yNPOD-suI

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Wow... been a few years since my last visit here... but tbh if you can get past all the hype / trading talk... there were many things said here that are still as relevant as ever: Cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or distributed ledger technology is here to stay and will only get stronger.

So, after the following post in the thread... are you profiting off the bitcoin wave? I've had a number of people wanting to know what gen 3 cryptos I'm investing in and a number of people asking about Steem and Bitshares.

I tried to make it clear... I believe they are pre-cursors to a true gen 3 crypto and I am not investing in either Steem nor Bitshares. If you do some research and look at who the creator of those two projects is and what he is doing now... that is all you need to know in terms of where I am mainly investing outside of my own project. Doesn't mean that is where you should invest at all, in fact please don't unless you come to the same conclusion... It's where I feel right putting my money and I could be totally wrong.

There is another project but it's higher risk as class action lawsuits are being filed against that team due to SEC regulations.

Everything I wanted to mention is in that post I linked above and it all relates to where myself many others feel we are headed inevitably... mass scaleability. You want mass adoption the platform needs to be able to handle it. In my team we are looking at gen 3's for inspiration on how to scale and improve DPOS in a more decentralized manor. At the moment it's a case of lower transactions per second provided by higher number of nodes = more decentralized vs higher transactions per second accompanied by lower number of nodes = less decentralized... if somebody can crack that so it's massively scalable and massively decentralized... it's game over as you won't need anything else... imo.

Before trusting a post on a forum to the point you are going to invest a ton of money... be sure to do your own research and come to your own conclusion... once you believe in that investment and you understand it yourself... then by all means back it... so many people just throwing money at things because one day it was popular. They get recked then blame the scene. The game changes so fast here my strategy has evolved into investing into long terms hodls with promising developments... that I believe in... as opposed to trying to catch daily waves... Admittedly that becomes easier once you have accumulated decent capital to sit back on and ride out the highs and lows... but seriously, my best trades took well over a year, sitting through hard times before I cashed out, moved on and reinvested... So I would say from what I've been seeing and hearing how certain people invest in something... then come back and complain once it hasn't worked out... take advice by all means but I'm sure investing in things you have done your own research in and come to your own conclusion will be far more effective than blindly jumping on the bandwagon.

#whatever

Last edited:

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Wow... been a few years since my last visit here... but tbh if you can get past all the hype / trading talk... there were many things said here that are still as relevant as ever: Cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or distributed ledger technology is here to stay and will only get stronger.

So, after the following post in the thread... are you profiting off the bitcoin wave? I've had a number of people wanting to know what gen 3 cryptos I'm investing in and a number of people asking about Steem and Bitshares.

I tried to make it clear... I believe they are pre-cursors to a true gen 3 crypto and I am not investing in either Steem nor Bitshares. If you do some research and look at who the creator of those two projects is and what he is doing now... that is all you need to know in terms of where I am mainly investing outside of my own project. Doesn't mean that is where you should invest at all, in fact please don't unless you come to the same conclusion... It's where I feel right putting my money and I could be totally wrong.

There is another project but it's higher risk as class action lawsuits are being filed against that team due to SEC regulations.

Everything I wanted to mention is in that post I linked above and it all relates to where myself many others feel we are headed inevitably... mass scaleability. You want mass adoption the platform needs to be able to handle it. In my team we are looking at gen 3's for inspiration on how to scale and improve DPOS in a more decentralized manor. At the moment it's a case of lower transactions per second provided by higher number of nodes = more decentralized vs higher transactions per second accompanied by lower number of nodes = less decentralized... if somebody can crack that so it's massively scalable and massively decentralized... it's game over as you won't need anything else... imo.

Before trusting a post on a forum to the point you are going to invest a ton of money... be sure to do your own research and come to your own conclusion... once you believe in that investment and you understand it yourself... then by all means back it... so many people just throwing money at things because one day it was popular. They get recked then blame the scene. The game changes so fast here my strategy has evolved into investing into long terms hodls with promising developments... that I believe in... as opposed to trying to catch daily waves... Admittedly that becomes easier once you have accumulated decent capital to sit back on and ride out the highs and lows... but seriously, my best trades took well over a year, sitting through hard times before I cashed out, moved on and reinvested... So I would say from what I've been seeing and hearing how certain people invest in something... then come back and complain once it hasn't worked out... take advice by all means but I'm sure investing in things you have done your own research in and come to your own conclusion will be far more effective than blindly jumping on the bandwagon.

#whatever

Yes man this is a very old thread, its crazy. What is your opinion in Litecoin ? Does anyone know what exchange can sell you bitcoin ? Coinbase is so backed up, I am actually thinking of just buying a good 3-4 BTC

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
Hey @CryptO that is awesome to hear! I randomly bought about $200 of BTC just over 2 years ago and forgot about it (unfortunately) until this whole craze started up recently. Looking at my account now and it's worth nearly $2000 which is unbelievable for a forgotten investment! Wish I had dumped more in but I'll take it!

I was wondering if you had any pointers for looking into 3rd Gen crypto. I'm enthralled with crypto and would love to try and get into the world more. And advice on where to start, what to look for, etc?

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Fast forwarding to 2017. :wideyed:
Fast forward to 2017 and he is right about it being a bubble but wrong about the fact that people don't make money in bubbles. Most people lose. Some get rich.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Fast forward to 2017 and he is right about it being a bubble but wrong about the fact that people don't make money in bubbles. Most people lose. Some get rich.
Exactly look into Stellar Lumens let me know what you guys think

MiguelHammond10

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 12, 2017
Seattle
I am certain some form of cryptocurrency will stay. Is bitcoin here to stay, I have no idea. It is the 1.0 version of the currency. If they can grow into the 2.0 version, it has a decent chance.

My experience with cryptocurrencies is that you can win and lose lots of money. I made 9000 euro from a 500 euro investment in barely 2 weeks. 1 day after it hit 9000 it went down to 3000... So be careful!

wow that was a huge profit, would you advice a newbie to invest in Bitcoin as at now?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.