The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
So I'm retarded and just bought like 10k+ XC before it hit MintPal. May be able to get to 200k and then I can sell out a little below that and let the rest ride. Seems like a legit coin with working anon before anyone else.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
So I'm retarded and just bought like 10k+ XC before it hit MintPal. May be able to get to 200k and then I can sell out a little below that and let the rest ride. Seems like a legit coin with working anon before anyone else.

Just adding onto this. From what I hear, DRK has massive whale holding. Like devs may have up to 50% of current coins outstanding. Also, there haven't been any true anon features. Like DarkSend is not yet a reality. x11 Coin is the first PoS/Anon coin. May actually have a working anon wallet right now. Mining seems to have been far fairer than earlier anon attempts, and 3 devs are actually working on it.

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
Has anybody here bought into Darkcoins or do we think it has done its pump already?

dan hartley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 21, 2014
Has anybody here bought into Darkcoins or do we think it has done its pump already?

I rode it till 275,000 however waited till it went down to 250,000 to sell. I think it's pretty much done. If I bought at this point I'd be nervous that's it's already met it's peek but you never know. I've found somewhere over my research someone saying that dividing BTC supply by ALT supply and dividing that by 7500 will show you a good price to buy a new coin that you think may still have growth in front of it (generally for coins that don't have much of a chart to do any technical analysis) but works for an easy judgment on price by volume.
However in DRK's case it has less supply then bitcoin and probably will never be worth more then bitcoin.

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 22, 2013
Netherlands
Namecoin is looking great. I really like the community running this one.
Bottomed out. Won't be seeing under $2s imo.

I am long on Bitcoin, Litecoin and Namecoin, not into other crypto's.

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
So far I seem to be going alright, 14% return on my investment 5 days in. Mix of trading methods with holding about 50% in a longer term plan and then day trading the other 50% amongst a range of cryptocurrencys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
For those who bought BlackCoin, are you excited about the prices next week?
Coinkite means you can pay for a latte using BlackCoin. This is big news! It will bring BlackCoin to the masses. The price is gonna skyrocket. Get your BlackCoins before it's too late. 100,000 satoshis is right around the corner! Some are expecting 500,000 satoshis/BlackCoin. Big pump on BlackCoin on Mintpal and Craptsy.

kyled427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 19, 2013
What is the thought on XC?

Also, do you guys have any chat room or just periodical updates in here for the most part? Just starting out with this myself, going to toss $3k in while learning

Jinxus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 23, 2013
NYC
What is the thought on XC?

Also, do you guys have any chat room or just periodical updates in here for the most part? Just starting out with this myself, going to toss $3k in while learning

google bitcointalk

i like to follow the wall observer thread in economics - speculation purely as enjoyment

D

Deleted21703

The devs behind XC have not been paying out bounties even though they had a premine. I'm staying away from them for that reason.

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
There are dozens of currencies out there. And we have new one each day. How they can grow and be used? How can you buy something that is no existant? How do you know that this market will grow, with such a big choice amongst the currency vendors? Is it still worthwile to buy them lite LTC or NCM or any other? any 500% ups till end of the year suspected?

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
There are dozens of currencies out there. And we have new one each day. How they can grow and be used? How can you buy something that is no existant? How do you know that this market will grow, with such a big choice amongst the currency vendors? Is it still worthwile to buy them lite LTC or NCM or any other? any 500% ups till end of the year suspected?

BUY A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING :D

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
For those unsure of what to buy into, check this out:

CinniCoin-adds a new level of innovation, it can do what XC and DRK can do, but more, much more. (add information in transactions to help store fronts, inventory, secure messaging that is private). Check out their thread if you don't believe me and look at their roadmap for the coming weeks. Price could explode in a matter of weeks and make you tons of money. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.0
X11Coin-Huge volume on Mintpal, one of the top three coins. A PoS coin on X11 algorithm and it is getting anonymity.
BlackCoin-Huge community with a good developer. The developer helped out Mintcoin when the BlackCoin community found a vulnerability. They are lined up with Coinkite which will bring BlackCoin to the masses. Currently, only BTC, LTC, and BC are on Coinkite (point of sale like a debit card system with a chip card, with the option of paying with your smartphone in a brick and mortar shop).
LibertyCoin-they got rid of one of the developers who is a scammer, lots of upside for this coin. It was also recommended by Alty (OP). They are getting ATMs built to get the coins out to the masses and push prices up.
BoostCoin-emerging X13 coin which will have anonymity. X13 is better than X11. It is currently on Bittrex and could explode when it gets onto Mintpal. Its volume is quite impressive and there is a good chance it will hit Mintpal soon.
MintCoin-the developer has something big lined up which will increase prices again and quite a bit. Alty (OP) also once said he believed in this coin so much that he would insure everyone down to 15 satoshis.

Like it.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Wow, been nearly a week since anybody posted here...

Been pretty busy with some Crypto endeavours as usual, this game NEVER gets old!

Here's something worth noting.

Expedia Will Accept Bitcoin for Hotel Bookings

http://www.coindesk.com/expedia-will-accept-bitcoin-hotel-bookings/
I took advantage. On vacation at the moment thanks to expedia / coinbase. Showing my support to another billion dollar company who's accepting btc.

Jason Murphy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 11, 2011
Overland Park, KS
VERY late to this thread, but glad I found it. Skimming to see others experiences (so I'm probably missing someone already mentioning these):

I'm loving PoS (Proof of Stake) coins these days! BlackCoin, NXT, ZimStake, MintCoin, CommunityCoin, ZimStake, etc. I love seeing all the coins I'm generating every day all on my laptop with no other fancy mining hardware. Proof of Stake is the future of crypto!

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Anyone in VRC?

VRC is just like XC to me; suspicious at best, pump & dump scam at worst. Let me explain XC, first.

XC started off as x11 coin. Looking at it early on, it seemed like really "just another x11 coin." There was nothing special about it. Developer had a premine as well as had been mining the coin. Coin cap was at 33M. Price collapsed to sub 500 sat. This went on for a while, letting people in the know and the developer pick up more coins. About 40 pages in other the ANN thread, dev is like, oh, I'm going to make this anon. Later, coin cap is eventually reduced to 5.5M. People go apeshit. For the dev, however, they were able to grab a ton of coins on the cheap, and have their premine and initial mining effectively become a larger % of the coins. Now, it's been revealed that the "anon" was lifted off of dead FedoraCoin.

VRC is just as bad. When it was initially listed, there was also nothing special about it. At most, it had a sliding scale PoS rate, but I really could care less if I'm getting 3% or 6% per year on a super risky asset. Even coins that pay 100% per year PoS are on the cheap side of the equation when coins can fluctuate up to 99.99% in value in a day (sorry to any losers who were in NinjaCoin). Coin price collapsed, large holders were able to gobble it up and effectively market it, and now anyone holding onto it or just buying it is playing a risky game. I sold the crap I bought at 20k sat since I saw it in my basket and knew there was no way that crap had any value.

VRC's proposed innovations are imagined. SMS was done by 10-5 coin ages ago. Also, SMS does not work with anon. Veribit was accomplished by dead Limecoin, and I've seen several other coins offer the same basic idea (Mastiff Coin Recycler). Use in the 3rd world? Pffft. Wasn't Zetacoin supposed to do that?

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the coin :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.