The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crypto and NFT's are not for you.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't know who you are and what you plan on doing with Crypto but I feel for 90% of people it's just another lottery with the illusion that you can guess what numbers are gonna come out.

Here's my opinion:
When everyone and your grandma are talking about some financial opportunity, be weary.
When stories of small investments and incredible returns are the norm, be skeptical.
When the FOMO is real, you're not thinking straight.

Do you know what all the financial guru scams and crypto have in common?
- opportunity to change your life with a small investment
- easy to do/anyone can do it
- it can happen quick
- if only you get the right info / the right crypto

Does any of this sound like it's in your control? Does it sound like you're providing immense value? Like you're taking the right path and creating your own future?
To me it sounds like you're just looking for the easy way. By all means feel free to invest in these assets. They may very well be the future, but don't do it as your primary investment strategy. Your primary investment should be in yourself and your company.

Feel free to disagree. I'm not smarter than anyone else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I agree but I think you should probably post this on Reddit. That's where all of the unhappy 9 to 5 slaves gather to engage in wishful thinking and cult-like worship of their meme coin of choice.

There have been some really important technological advances already made in the blockchain world which I've gladly invested in. And this hasn't turned me into a crypto maniac who has forgotten how to add value while rocking back and forth in a corner waiting for their coin to go to the Moon.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
I agree but I think you should probably post this on Reddit. That's where all of the unhappy 9 to 5 slaves gather to engage in wishful thinking and cult-like worship of their meme coin of choice.

There have been some really important technological advances already made in the blockchain world which I've gladly invested in. And this hasn't turned me into a crypto maniac who has forgotten how to add value while rocking back and forth in a corner waiting for their coin to go to the Moon.
damn you're right they're the ones that need to hear. Althought I expect to be eviscerated there.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't know who you are and what you plan on doing with Crypto but I feel for 90% of people it's just another lottery with the illusion that you can guess what numbers are gonna come out.

Here's my opinion:
When everyone and your grandma are talking about some financial opportunity, be weary.
When stories of small investments and incredible returns are the norm, be skeptical.

- it can happen quick

Does any of this sound like it's in your control? Does it sound like you're providing immense value? Like you're taking the right path and creating your own future?
To me it sounds like you're just looking for the easy way. By all means feel free to invest in these assets. They may very well be the future, but don't do it as your primary investment strategy. Your primary investment should be in yourself and your company.

Feel free to disagree. I'm not smarter than anyone else.
Buy some tokens and forget about it, and hope to get rich? Ya it is lottery.

But I think there can be business activities created in the industry. Creating a dapp, creating content around it, running gamefi scholarship programs.

I see cryptocurrency as an industry. Just like internet companies in the past. You are more likely to succeed running internet business rather than buying internet company stocks.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
There is a cycle where luck-seekers from the general public look for the next shortcut. They move from one hot thing to the other. At a deeper level, there are the people who sell the shovels (as in any gold rush). Those creating NFTs and cryptocurrencies, MLM opportunities, stock pumps, dropshipping courses etc. They are one step ahead.

One step ahead of the shovel-sellers are the companies with the technological infrastructure, the platforms of communication and exchange, payment processing etc. They are two steps ahead.

Who is three steps ahead? Not sure, but I think NFTs and similar hot topics are interesting if only in allowing us to analyze what may come next. How can we sell shovels in the future? Or better, build the bulldozer that digs the hole, where the shovel-sellers can congregate and peddle their promises?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
There is a cycle where luck-seekers from the general public look for the next shortcut. They move from one hot thing to the other. At a deeper level, there are the people who sell the shovels (as in any gold rush). Those creating NFTs and cryptocurrencies, MLM opportunities, stock pumps, dropshipping courses etc. They are one step ahead.

One step ahead of the shovel-sellers are the companies with the technological infrastructure, the platforms of communication and exchange, payment processing etc. They are two steps ahead.

Who is three steps ahead? Not sure, but I think NFTs and similar hot topics are interesting if only in allowing us to analyze what may come next. How can we sell shovels in the future? Or better, build the bulldozer that digs the hole, where the shovel-sellers can congregate and peddle their promises?
Plenty of business opportunities in gamefi. YGG is one model in place. But they are a rip off giving investors ten percent SLP share where the typical manager takes 50%.

There needs to be consolidation of data on potential air-drops. The current state of affair is highly disorganized. I don't know why people aren't paying attention to this.

Language based information service. Non-English speaking audience has a hard time following on latest update when everything is in English.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I don't know who you are and what you plan on doing with Crypto but I feel for 90% of people it's just another lottery with the illusion that you can guess what numbers are gonna come out.

Don't discourage people from pursuing a wildly powerful new technological force, especially when you don't know what you're talking about. "For 90% of the people it's just a lottery ticket" - that is your perspective mate, likely because you're viewing it as a lottery ticket. After all, you're the one that framed it as such.

In my circle, people are changing the world and growing at an unprecedented scale.

Permissionless ways of building? Uncensored data and access? Ability to spin-up brand new services using open-source tech in an uncensorable way? Getting access to global money markets within a click? Open-source technology and information? Apprently, according to OP, you don't have enough control and you don't provide value. That's why I suppose this industry has climbed to 3T despite all odds stacked against it. Must be some kind of phony lottery scam.

Crypto/NFTs is not about just buying a token and waiting for moon mission - it is a new way of using the internet and it needs all kinds of help. You can find highly rewarding jobs across all aspects of life, or you can build your own fruitful business using crypto/NFTs as your technology stack. You can serve all kinds of people that connect via global money markets. The first step is to educate yourself.

To whoever is reading this right now - don't be like this guy. DYOR and keep digging if you're interested. I've never seen more opportunities in my life and this is just the beginning.

"Maybe the internet isn't for you guys - y'all are just lazy and want to get rich quickly"

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Every new great idea (original quote: "all truth") passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; second, it is violently opposed; and third, it is accepted as self-evident. (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Anytime when a product "skyrockets to the moon" there has to be a reason behind the price increase. Why did people invest in crypto and NFTs before discovering asymetric returns of Bitcoin? It was because of the value, no matter what the value is.

Last edited:

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
The fuq are talking about? CumStar to the moon baby !!

View attachment 40796
I personally have my eye on dogecum, HarryPotterObamaSonic10Inu, and Crypto.com tokens. (haha just kidding, only 2 of the aforementioned tokens are real)

I will say, up until recently I've just been a buyer and hodler, passively following the news and treating crypto as just another asset to invest in. However the past two weeks I've dived off the deep end and I'm absorbing as much info as I can on anything related to Web3: Crypto, NFTs, Metaverse. It's exciting! The Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread here on the forum is a very high quality gold mine of information. Thank you to all the participants in there who share their knowledge and experience. It's hard to find good quality discussion on that stuff.

Mike Ronin

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 18, 2019
Coastal Alabama
However the past two weeks I've dived off the deep end and I'm absorbing as much info as I can on anything related to Web3: Crypto, NFTs, Metaverse. It's exciting!
I listened to a really good podcast a couple of weeks ago hosted by Tim Ferriss. He had Naval Ravikant and Chris Dixon on discussing Web3 and all things Crypto/Meta/NFT. It was excellent and well worth a listen.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Crypto, at least in part, is the free market trying to fix the mess the central bankers have created.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, et al. are money, not just currency.

I get where you're coming from: there is a certain lottery mentality attached to some part of the space. However, that is not all of the space.

In a decade I doubt anybody will accept USD for goods and services, whereas they'll be more than happy to take your ETH or BTC.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Crypto, at least in part, is the free market trying to fix the mess the central bankers have created.

I get where you're coming from: there is a certain lottery mentality attached to some part of the space. However, that is not all of the space.

In a decade I doubt anybody will accept USD for goods and services, whereas they'll be more than happy to take your ETH or BTC.
I don't think USD will be "gone". In fact, it will probably be one of 3-4 main world currencies that will exist. The rest will be wiped out, no doubt.

BTC and USD can work hand in hand. Saylor has great ideas with respect to this. Highly recommend his talks.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I can say 100% do not regret getting my first BTC back in 2011, opening many wallets forgetting passwords and finding crumbles later.

Mike Ronin

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 18, 2019
Coastal Alabama

100%. You are spot-on, I believe that is exactly where this ends up. Decentralization is a very good thing long term.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
For those who are more ambitious they can launch their own crypto project, and raise fund to do it.

There are hundreds potential business idea even if you are not launching a new crypto project. The industry is big and growing fast.

In a new industry you are not constrained by lack of experience and do not have to face old players having their established entry barrier stacked against you. Everyone is new and learning. In an old industry an old dude with 20 years of experience and network can crush you. They have built their almost perfect solution and refined it for years while you are just trying to figure out. No such competitior exists in cryptocurrency.

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
Every new idea (original quote: "all truth") passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; second, it is violently opposed; and third, it is accepted as self-evident. (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Anytime when a product "skyrockets to the moon" there has to be a reason behind the price increase. Why did people invest in crypto and NFTs before discovering asymetric returns of Bitcoin? It was because of the value, no matter what the value is.
Did the Tulip Mania people see value in tulips too? Crypto has uses for sure, and huge potential to change the world. But there are so many BS coins out there too.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The fact that all these crypto projects tend to have bizzare names is already criminal.
A bad example. The name Cumstar is more specific to the customers than the name Xhamster I think!
But in general you’re right.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The fact that all these crypto projects tend to have bizzare names is already criminal.
The more chaotic an industry is there are more opportunity for small players.

The more respectable an industry has become it means that all territories are occupied by big players and anything else has been declared by law to be illegal to do or too costly to comply.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A bad example. The name Cumstar is more specific to the customers than the name Xhamster I think!
But in general you’re right.

Let's not forget "PancakeSwap / $CAKE", "BabySwap" and "Sushi".

Brent Moeshlin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 25, 2019
I think that there will be a few big winner tokens in the long term. In the short term, we get to deal with all of the scam coins etc. just like in the dotcom bubble era. I see a future where the metaverse becomes part of our daily lives thru mixed reality glasses etc. And NFTs and tokens will be our status symbols and currency that we will show off to each other. Much like clothes and accessories are now.

Think about the Bored Apes NFTs. They cost $150K+ each now. In a mixed reality world, these can be used in the real world to convey status or access to a select membership group thru these glasses. Maybe that's not your group. Maybe it's a sports team or some other hobby or interest. Either way, we will all have membership in these groups via NFTs, at least it's what I envision.

And that's just the beginning of a whole new world where computers and humans become even closer. Dystopian yes, but you can see that's where we are headed. Why do you think Facebook just renamed their company Meta?

PST

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 24, 2019

Here's my opinion:

- it can happen quick

Feel free to disag
I agree and what I don't like in crypto is the lack of control over my assets. It's really like a game of guessing and it's definitely not my game. I prefer to invest my money in a business.

Xav243

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 6, 2020
Belgium
I agree and what I don't like in crypto is the lack of control over my assets. It's really like a game of guessing and it's definitely not my game. I prefer to invest my money in a business.
Then I think you clearly need to educate yourself more on this subject, especially DeFi.
It is all about keeping control assets at all times through decentralization and non custodial projects.
Also, the reality of crypto is that each coin you see ARE businesses. And their valuation moves in respect with the value they add, their fundamentals.
For example the SAND project is booming from less than a dollar to almost $8 today. Why? BEcause it is a good project linked to the Metaverse, which will power our future as other users pointed out.

Many crypto projects have the aim to change the world and are already doing it. Look at projects such as ADA, Terra, Elrond, SAND for the Metaverse etc... Those are fantastic projetcs created by startups. There is value brought by those projects and they will change our world.

Unfortunatetly at the moment the crypto space has the image ob financing terrorism through BTC or stupid meme coins like dogecoin or shibainu manipulated by tweets of Elon Musk.
Crypto is not only that. It is so much bigger and wider.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I personally have my eye on dogecum, HarryPotterObamaSonic10Inu, and Crypto.com tokens. (haha just kidding, only 2 of the aforementioned tokens are real)

I will say, up until recently I've just been a buyer and hodler, passively following the news and treating crypto as just another asset to invest in. However the past two weeks I've dived off the deep end and I'm absorbing as much info as I can on anything related to Web3: Crypto, NFTs, Metaverse. It's exciting! The Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread here on the forum is a very high quality gold mine of information. Thank you to all the participants in there who share their knowledge and experience. It's hard to find good quality discussion on that stuff.
All jokes aside. I did make a x45 profit on HarryPotterObamaSonic10Inu. In the shitcoin casino you can only win if you get in EARLY. I found this one 1 hour after it's release, and I realized it had some meme potential. Also, I had luck on my side, I cashed out right on the top (never happens normally).

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015

This is the same brainwashed mentality that keeps people mediocre.
In fact, it's just some rehashed sentences you probably have heard from someone growing up(no offense intended), so you mind auto-pushes anything that resembles the stock market to gambling.

I believe this is due to a majority of boomers losing money on past bubbles.

The build businesses around crypto technology. Those are the billionaires of the future. There is immense value to be created.

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
I was going to Bitcoin meetups in Austin 10 years ago and we were complaining back then that Bitcoin was too mainstream. Too many dumb people only interested in speculation and not in the actual technology.

Maybe it's ok for other people, but playing the lottery is not for me, I prefer to create value in a way I can control.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
When you stop thinking cryptocurrency and think in terms of cryptographic software, your perspective will begin to open up.

Gold, store of value, currency, whatever the narrative of the day, these are attempts at understanding the tech with our existing mental models.

Web3 is a secure and powerful method of information routing across the internet whereby he infrastructure enables every participant to connect to the same underlying database. It's dominance is inevitable because it is a far superior form of encapsulating and connecting human behaviour than the status quo.

For everyone even slightly interested here, please look into zero knowledge cryptography. Conceptual studies have been around for decades, and now this method of abstracting and compressing information can be widely adopted across the internet. Try to understand how it works and your mind can begin to fill in the blank for what it enables. This technology is already here.

Again: think software, not currency. It is it's fungibility and interoperability that makes it such that we can use it as a medium of exchange, but it is far more than that.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
All jokes aside. I did make a x45 profit on HarryPotterObamaSonic10Inu. In the shitcoin casino you can only win if you get in EARLY. I found this one 1 hour after it's release, and I realized it had some meme potential. Also, I had luck on my side, I cashed out right on the top (never happens normally).
Nice!

My goal this weekend is to learn to play the shitcoin casino. Some of these coins are hilarious! Let's go goosehonk!

Attachments

• 1637829901927.jpg
    1637829901927.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 5

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads