The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Critique of my website

D

Deleted85763

I created a website by myself because the web developers I found all wanted like $3000.00! So what do you think of my below website? Does it look professional; like I'm credible? Is it clear and easy to read. You don't have to read all of it; it's very long and was designed that way. I just want a critique of the overall design. All criticism are greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
I created a website by myself because the web developers I found all wanted like $3000.00! So what do you think of my below website? Does it look professional; like I'm credible? Is it clear and easy to read. You don't have to read all of it; it's very long and was designed that way. I just want a critique of the overall design. All criticism are greatly appreciated!

@robertwills
If it’s information only I guess is good. Is like Wikipedia. So is all good it’s how you want your stuff that matters. I do websites and apps development. If it’s how you wanted great.

D

Deleted74338

What design? There's just a video and lots of text. Why didn't you use a template? For 3k you probably would've gotten a real website.

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
What design? There's just a video and lots of text. Why didn't you use a template? For 3k you probably would've gotten a real website.
@Bee
@beswaax
Yes but 3k is too much for a website. He could do it on goddaddy or wix or web host less than 100. That’s too much for website

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Neither professional, nor credible.
Just go here and ask to get a real website made: Upwork | The World’s Work Marketplace for Freelancing

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
It looks exactly as it should when selling songs for over a billion! Totally legit!

I wanted to write "on a more serious site" and recommend you the Divi Builder which gives you beautifully done templates to use, but yeah...

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Oh boy.

Well, first off -- congratulations for taking massive action.

It looks like you really put some sweat into this!

Here's the thing about the internet:

• Most people who click on your website won't stay on it
  • Most people who stay on your website won't give you their information
  • Most people who give you their information won't buy your stuff (in your case, consume your music)
  • Most people who buy your stuff, won't even listen to it
  • Most people who listen to it, won't continue listening to it
This is not a reflection of you as a person or as an artist. This simply is the way of the world. Once you understand this rule, you can start to strategize a bit better.

"What should go on a website?"

The second someone hits your website, 2 subconscious questions are asked:

1. "Am I in the right place?"
2. "What's in it for me?"

I don't believe your site answers either of these questions very well. "Above the fold" is the term we use to define what someone sees before they have to scroll down.

On desktop I see a youtube video and all about you. On mobile I see a youtube video with no explanation or context.

To skip ahead a bit here, in life (and in business), you can have guesswork, hard work, or a proven framework.

Which one would you rather have?

I'll hallucinate you responded with "a proven framework"

There are a billion website builders out there that are relatively cheap (if not, free). You can also do as suggest above and hit Fiverr or Upwork to get a professional to do it for MUCH less than $3,000.

It looks to me like you're creating a blog. A place for you to write, share your music, your thoughts, and everything else.

WordPress has millions of free blog templates you can upload and use. That would at least help you organize your text here into easier to consume chunks.

If you want to go really advanced, you can check out ClickFunnels, Lead Pages, or even Kartra. Those are probably too advanced for the time being but maybe keep them in the back of your mind.

There's also something called the 7-second test. Have a stranger look at this site for only 7 seconds and then cut them off and ask them these 3 questions:

"What do I do?"

"What problem do I solve?"

"What are you supposed to do on my website?"

You're going to get some critical answers right now from people solely because your current site doesn't answer these very well.

I hope this helps but there's so much more to discuss in this arena. Again, congrats on taking action.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
No. Not credible.

Building a Google site? Not credible.

Asking $1.5B for 800 songs? Not credible.

Calling yourself an international superstar because your YouTube video has gotten viewed at least once in 145 different countries? Not credible.

Using the forum to pump up your video views? Not credible.

Copyright 2016? Not credible.

@workmail.com? Not credible.

Asking for feedback on your website in a new thread when you already have a thread asking for feedback on your website? Not credible.

Spend a ton of time on this forum talking about $100M deals, never taking anyone's advice, and then complaining $3,000 is too much to spend on a website? Incredible.

Anyone who Googles wisztrock will see you for the troll you are. It's epic.

For a guy who claims to believe in treating people right, you sure do waste a lot of people's time.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
No. Not credible.

Calling yourself an international superstar because your YouTube video has gotten viewed at least once in 145 different countries? Not credible.

Asking for feedback on your website in a new thread when you already have a thread asking for feedback on your website? Not credible.

Spend a ton of time on this forum talking about $100M deals, never taking anyone's advice, and then complaining $3,000 is too much to spend on a website? Incredible.

For a guy who claims to believe in treating people right, you sure do waste a lot of people's time.

You ever see that Netflix documentary "don't F*ck with cats" ?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@BizyDad
our man is for 'entertainment purposes only' ...... maybe he gets others to actually take action by seeing the ridiculous shit he comes up with ..... a parody so to speak

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
I am perplexed as to what exactly to website is.
its super un organized and im not sure why its just thrown out on a page like the way it is. It doesn't seem like a legit and trustworthy site just by the look of it. I recommend that you make it more organized and set it up like a forum or even like a "digital library" kinda thing where there's information set up kind of how like this forums threads are corresponding with whatever you want to write in them. and then people can just click on the thread and read the information that's in there

D

Deleted85763

No. Not credible.

Thank you for your opinions. What I find absolutely amazing is that my website is based on the best advertising principles. It appears that it will only appear to those I want to attract - which is why it is designed that way.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
What I find absolutely amazing is that my website is based on the best advertising principles. It appears that it will only appear to those I want to attract - which is why it is designed that way.

It's not, buddy. I'm telling you.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Thank you for your opinions. What I find absolutely amazing is that my website is based on the best advertising principles. It appears that it will only appear to those I want to attract - which is why it is designed that way.
Translation: I knew I was right all along and I wasted people's time even asking the question.

This is the conversation you have in thread after thread.

You: "Hey gang, help me with X".

Gang response with critiques.

You: "Thanks for confirming I'm awesome".

It's not, buddy. I'm telling you.
The guy is a legend in his own mind. He thinks his music is worth 3x of Bob Dylan's.... And that's just one example.

It is, according to his rules for marketing, which are the only ones that matter. This guy won't listen because he's been trolling forums since 2010. He lives on another planet and has billionaire friends.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@BizyDad you said you needed a hobby ....... lol

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
This dude has a mental disorder.

Not even in a mean way. He is just not all there.

I see that now.
Translation: I knew I was right all along and I wasted people's time even asking the question.

This is the conversation you have in thread after thread.

You: "Hey gang, help me with X".

Gang response with critiques.

You: "Thanks for confirming I'm awesome".

The guy is a legend in his own mind. He thinks his music is worth 3x of Bob Dylan's.... And that's just one example.

It is, according to his rules for marketing, which are the only ones that matter. This guy won't listen because he's been trolling forums since 2010. He lives on another planet and has billionaire friends.

Gotcha.

So much for me paying attention! Haha

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

Deja vu. I did read that text somewhere, I just don't remember. I think it was on your youtube channel, maybe?

That text would make a good booklet if you ask me.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

WordPress would have saved you a lot of time. Designing wouldn't be an issue.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020

Why not try lithium and in 2 months consider if you still feel the same about this project?
And I find it interesting how you tell others to buy a 30$ microphone, while recording with old casette equipment.
Take care

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Why did I just read this thread? Here goes time I’ll never get back. Yet it’s like watching a train wreck, just can’t look away. And it’s not about the OP either, I could avoid that easily… but watching @BizyDad bang his head against a brick wall!

hey guys - look this way, a squirrel!! :rofl:
E03A4A81-6EEA-4CC7-9541-4704999547CD.jpeg

D

Deleted85763

Why not try lithium and in 2 months consider if you still feel the same about this project?
And I find it interesting how you tell others to buy a 30$ microphone, while recording with old casette equipment.
Take care
Why don't you try those $30.00 headphones and you will hear probably the best sound you have ever heard.

The reason for recording with unorthodox devices is to get a different sound than the typical microphones.

Swantzify

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Sep 30, 2021

Hi Robert,

First of all, congrats on getting started and building your first website! It's not an easy task to get something created with so much content and I am sure it took you a bunch of quality time too put together!

Before giving you any critical feedback, just wanted to share my background a bit so you know where this feedback is coming from:

I am an IT professional an a new business owner myself. A big part of what I do is design digital experience solutions for businesses and their employees. My main area of expertise is Salesforce.com at the moment. If you haven't heard of it, it's the #1 CRM platform on the planet right now and that company has been experiencing exponential growth for at least the last 10 years.

I also recently built and launched a very basic website using Wordpress (Highly recommend that platform if you can afford about $9 a month), but building websites is not something I have done much of in the past, and I have been spending most of my time learning.

Here it is if you want to see it: Snap Cloud Solutions

Based on that, here are a few tips based on my own research and learning building a website so far:
  • Go look at other websites for similar companies and see how those are built. Are there common things they all have? Are there certain things visitors "expect" those websites to have? How are they different? How will yours be different?
  • Group your content together into categories and provide links to those categories. Most people want a way to quickly find what they are looking for with a little amount of clicks as possible. Not because they are lazy, but because most consumers will just move on if they don't find what they're looking for within the first 30 seconds.
  • The bullet points at this top is a nice touch, but I am not really sure exactly what you do? Are you a musician, a producer, label? This should be the space you use for your "elevator pitch" to capture your audience and quickly tell them who you are, and how you can help them. (Something I still need to do amongst my growing list of things)
  • Do some research on social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and see how competitors are interacting with their audiences on those platforms. Build your own group, or company page on those platforms, then connect your website and its content so that when you post on your blog, it automagically flows to social media. I would recommend you check out @Andy Black for some extremely good information about how to build an audience. The info he posted on this forum alone has greatly shifted my strategy just this morning!
  • Put yourself in your customer's shoes, then visit your website and ask yourself if you would buy what you're selling based on what you see?
Keep in mind, that this advice comes from a place where I am still rather new at building a website and audience myself, but I have experience building user experiences and understanding how those experiences should solve real business problems.

Hope this helps!

D

Deleted85763

Hi Robert,

First of all, congrats on getting started and building your first website! It's not an easy task to get something created with so much content and I am sure it took you a bunch of quality time too put together!

Before giving you any critical feedback, just wanted to share my background a bit so you know where this feedback is coming from:

I am an IT professional an a new business owner myself. A big part of what I do is design digital experience solutions for businesses and their employees. My main area of expertise is Salesforce.com at the moment. If you haven't heard of it, it's the #1 CRM platform on the planet right now and that company has been experiencing exponential growth for at least the last 10 years.

I also recently built and launched a very basic website using Wordpress (Highly recommend that platform if you can afford about $9 a month), but building websites is not something I have done much of in the past, and I have been spending most of my time learning.

Here it is if you want to see it: Snap Cloud Solutions

Based on that, here are a few tips based on my own research and learning building a website so far:
  • Go look at other websites for similar companies and see how those are built. Are there common things they all have? Are there certain things visitors "expect" those websites to have? How are they different? How will yours be different?
  • Group your content together into categories and provide links to those categories. Most people want a way to quickly find what they are looking for with a little amount of clicks as possible. Not because they are lazy, but because most consumers will just move on if they don't find what they're looking for within the first 30 seconds.
  • The bullet points at this top is a nice touch, but I am not really sure exactly what you do? Are you a musician, a producer, label? This should be the space you use for your "elevator pitch" to capture your audience and quickly tell them who you are, and how you can help them. (Something I still need to do amongst my growing list of things)
  • Do some research on social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and see how competitors are interacting with their audiences on those platforms. Build your own group, or company page on those platforms, then connect your website and its content so that when you post on your blog, it automagically flows to social media. I would recommend you check out @Andy Black for some extremely good information about how to build an audience. The info he posted on this forum alone has greatly shifted my strategy just this morning!
  • Put yourself in your customer's shoes, then visit your website and ask yourself if you would buy what you're selling based on what you see?
Keep in mind, that this advice comes from a place where I am still rather new at building a website and audience myself, but I have experience building user experiences and understanding how those experiences should solve real business problems.

Hope this helps!
Thank you. I was trying to create a website that is easy to read and which is very detailed in order to reach a very specific market. Whether that market be of any size, small or large, I don't know but I do know that people will read what they are interested in.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Why are you selling songs for 2 million dollars each?

Here's an idea... turn your songs into NFTs and hire a bunch of third worlders to shill it on Twitter for $.20/hr. You'll be getting a % of each resale and who knows, in the NFT space trash like this might actually be valued at MM+

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.