The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coming up with new business ideas

Idea threads

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
How do you guys come up with new business ideas?
Something original. Not looking for usual e-commerce like drop-shipping , or Amazon fba.
Currently feel like i'm stuck in a limbo , not knowing what business to start , or what to do in my free-time other than reading, therefore i'm just saving up money and investing into Cryptocurrencies . That is making me a decent amount of money, but not enough to quit my 9-5.
What would you guys do in a situation like that ?

Buy/borrow a copy of "Robot is the Boss: How to do Business with Artificial Intelligence" by Artur Kiulian.

Chap 3 (Which areas will be affected the most?) is a goldmine of ideas. Agriculture, Automotive, Education, Manufacturing.

If AI is not an area you want to provide value in, just pick something and start. Look for niches, and look for pain points or needs.

Not discounting any idea and exercising your ability to spot opportunities will help tremendously. James Altucher said "Perfectionism is the enemy of the idea muscle...it's your brain trying to protect you from harm, from coming up with an idea that is embarrassing and stupid and could cause you to suffer pain. The way you shut this off is by forcing the brain to come up with bad ideas".

He is spot on. Replace perfectionism with "being original" or "looking for the sexy idea" and it remains true.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
This is a good thread. I’ve been trying to come up with a business idea that I can stick with, but it’s been tough. I keep coming back to the realization that I’m extremely average at a lot of things and that it seems hard to imagine being able to offer substantial value in anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check @SinisterLex post (#6) in his Product And Service Ideas For An Aging Population thread. I think it would be a good starting point.

Bugs Bunny

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 18, 2017
Sunnyvale CA
I am glad that I found Outcome Driven Innovation process developed by Tony Ulwick. I have started to practice the concepts. Here is my first project based on ODI process Practicing Jobs to Be Done. I have always wondered how people found unmet customer needs. Going from ideas to products has a success rate of 9% whereas finding the unmet need first then devising a product to fulfill that need has a success rate of 86%. I am glad that I found his material. Here are three videos from the Business of Software conference: Jobs to Be Done Playlist. Enjoy!

DavidJLeys

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Feb 15, 2018
Vietnam
I've never been much of an entrepreneur at all. That is why I am here, to read, to learn, and maybe even act. As many others have mentioned, finding a business idea is a simple as finding a problem. Just by reading this thread, I see a problem. People struggle with finding business ideas. Now if a solution can be created to address this in a meaningful way...voila!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.