The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Coming up with a name

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Ernie McCracken

New Contributor
Sep 2, 2017
Seattle, WA
I realize name is not the most important part of a business, but the value you build around it. Still, it's worth discussing how almost every meaningful word and combination of words is not going to be available as a .com + all social media handles.

For a premium or luxury consumer brand, which option do you like best? I thought I had finally settled on a name, but the twitter isn't available (it's literally never been used, though). I thought about another one, but the instagram is taken (personal account, 200 followers). Really obscure word combinations, too! Couldn't believe it.

Current options:
  1. Try to buy the social media accounts. Realistically, there's little to no budget for this.
  2. Don't worry about the social media accounts matching the website/brand name exactly. Just reserve handles that are as close as possible.
  3. Invent a new word with an X in it or slap "ify" on the end of a word. Grab all the accounts. This is easiest, but I think slightly harder to build a high end image around.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom