The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT Store Opportunities, GPTs, and Discussion

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
GPT Store launched. Anyone here releasing their own GPTs?

1704909895798.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
GPT Store launched. Anyone here releasing their own GPTs?

View attachment 53457

In Q1 we will launch a GPT builder revenue program. As a first step, US builders will be paid based on user engagement with their GPTs. We'll provide details on the criteria for payments as we get closer.

That sucks. I hate it when everyone else but the US is excluded. Once it's open to everyone the opportunity will be gone for non-US people.

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 4, 2023
That sucks. I hate it when everyone else but the US is excluded. Once it's open to everyone the opportunity will be gone for non-US people.
yeah, we "outsiders" are almost always the ones who will eat the scraps of other, such as Audible on Amazon or Amazon Influencer program...tons of people making money passively and we European can only watch

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
The GPT Store (Explore GPTs) might be worth its own separate thread.

First of all, for anyone who has an existing entity, get on here! It's easy to imagine the Fastlane AI that helps you design your next venture (MJ) or the Google Ads AI that helps you become an ad expert (Andy) or anything else you already do.

Then there's selling the shovels: anyone who can make a GPT get to the top of the store will make millions -- either by getting their own GPT to the top or helping others to do so.

Then there's the whole market of helping people create their own GPT models in the first place. This will be HUGE as well.

This is equivalent to the Apple Store opening in my opinion. Time to act!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The GPT Store (Explore GPTs) might be worth its own separate thread.

First of all, for anyone who has an existing entity, get on here! It's easy to imagine the Fastlane AI that helps you design your next venture (MJ) or the Google Ads AI that helps you become an ad expert (Andy) or anything else you already do.

Then there's selling the shovels: anyone who can make a GPT get to the top of the store will make millions -- either by getting their own GPT to the top or helping others to do so.

Then there's the whole market of helping people create their own GPT models in the first place. This will be HUGE as well.

This is equivalent to the Apple Store opening in my opinion. Time to act!!

Moved to a new thread.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I might be late to the party but custom GPTs are blowing my mind.

Here's just one example, an RPG-style game with GPT. You can basically live your own adventure. No book needed, no gamemaster, no friends.

The GPT shows you a picture with a description and asks what you do. Then it responds based on your action with another image and text. Imagine once in the future it's taken from image and text to video...

gpt-rpgs.jpg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I might be late to the party but custom GPTs are blowing my mind.

Moved to the thread. But yea, the power of some of them is incredibly awesome.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I haven't followed up with GPT updates since last September. It's crazy how far it progressed. I have a lot of catching up to do

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
The custom GPT Store seems a bit selfishly conceived by OpenAI, as only paid users can access them.
If only paid users can access them, most are useless, since the standard GPT-4 can do most things "custom GPTs" can.

Most creators simply can't add robust enough new data/knowledge base to solidly differentiate their custom GPTs.
So it'll just be the same guy (GPT-4) wearing a new hat each time. DoctorGPT, LawyerGPT, StartupGPT.

Someone correct me, if there's something I'm missing.

This is not to say there's no value in creating one, especially early in the game now. Down the line, I'm sure OpenAI would have to open it up to free users. For now, it's mainly just a conversion tool to encourage free users to get the paid version.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
i mean cant you use a vpn and access it?

This is not about accessing their store but about being eligible for payments. They may require a proper US address and/or prove that you're a resident.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The custom GPT Store seems a bit selfishly conceived by OpenAI, as only paid users can access them.
If only paid users can access them, most are useless, since the standard GPT-4 can do most things "custom GPTs" can.

Most creators simply can't add robust enough new data/knowledge base to solidly differentiate their custom GPTs.
So it'll just be the same guy (GPT-4) wearing a new hat each time. DoctorGPT, LawyerGPT, StartupGPT.

Someone correct me, if there's something I'm missing.

This is not to say there's no value in creating one, especially early in the game now. Down the line, I'm sure OpenAI would have to open it up to free users. For now, it's mainly just a conversion tool to encourage free users to get the paid version.
What if we create them for our own use?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Get LM Studio on your PC. Here you can download huggingface OpenSource models and run local LLMs on your machine with a clean UI. This gets you 90% of the way with most LLM capability. There is vision capability but it's limited in LM studio at the moment.

There are also dozens of wrappers for different diffusion models.

There are many user interfaces for linking and piping different models together. I think node based programming interfaces are ideal for this type of work - and I use them accordingly. Touchdesigner is a super powerful software I use for interfacing with these models - check it out if you've never heard of it.

Play with NDI and OSC protocols for piping data between devices. For instance you can create a UI for the phone or ipad to interface with the model running on your PC using OSC to send/receive data. The model's memory runs on your GPU and you can use NDI which provides access to your GPU memory across applications.

It's fun to experiment with - and the pace of opensource innovation really levels the playing field. It means that any day, anybody can pick up a brand new model and develop a unique engine.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Get LM Studio on your PC. Here you can download huggingface OpenSource models and run local LLMs on your machine with a clean UI. This gets you 90% of the way with most LLM capability. There is vision capability but it's limited in LM studio at the moment.

There are also dozens of wrappers for different diffusion models.

There are many user interfaces for linking and piping different models together. I think node based programming interfaces are ideal for this type of work - and I use them accordingly. Touchdesigner is a super powerful software I use for interfacing with these models - check it out if you've never heard of it.

Play with NDI and OSC protocols for piping data between devices. For instance you can create a UI for the phone or ipad to interface with the model running on your PC using OSC to send/receive data. The model's memory runs on your GPU and you can use NDI which provides access to your GPU memory across applications.

It's fun to experiment with - and the pace of opensource innovation really levels the playing field. It means that any day, anybody can pick up a brand new model and develop a unique engine.
Ha. It's been a while since I read something that made me feel this hopelessly clueless.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ha. It's been a while since I read something that made me feel this hopelessly clueless.

I was gonna tell the forum about the new device I bought which uses a forced Matrix LLX model, utilizing the newest 45.1 GPUs which forces efficiency at the 200mh frequency at 5 ohms. Then you can run this device in alignment with Cam rod phases and 3.33 gearing for rapid acceleration up to 51 planks. And with a mega-class 3-tier docilometer, you can run it concurrently at 3.2 megajoules.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I was gonna tell the forum about the new device I bought which uses a forced Matrix LLX model, utilizing the newest 45.1 GPUs which forces efficiency at the 200mh frequency at 5 ohms. Then you can run this device in alignment with Cam rod phases and 3.33 gearing for rapid acceleration up to 51 planks. And with a mega-class 3-tier docilometer, you can run it concurrently at 3.2 megajoules.

I was like dang, I've always suspected MJ was like an ultra high-intelligent undercover alien or something. :rofl:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019

LLM = Large Language Model
LM Studio = software that allows you to run LLMs locally on your own PC
huggingface = I think of it as github for machine learning models
GPU = Graphics card
UI = User Interface
Diffusion Model = Machine learning model used for generating images
Node-based programming interface = visual programming software in which you lay out your system into nodes and pipe them through different functions
NDI = a video connectivity technology which makes networking data more easy
OSC = Open Sound Control - a protocol for encoding and transporting arrays of data in real-time

Check out the attachment. It's a video I made yesterday for fun. It's a macro recording of my eye, which I do as a hobby. I've textured it with noise around the borders and I've added some displacement shapes to create more randomness. I pipe this video through an open-source tool called StreamDiffusion, which convolves the image and returns it back. It is surprisingly fast, it runs at ~13 frames per second. I use NDI to take that output from the model and bring it into my node-based programming environment. From there I can pipe the output forward and do whatever else I want with it. In this case I used Nvidia's upscaling AI model to increase the resolution, and then I created a layout as well as an option to export the data as a movie.

I'm not an expert
I'm not a computer scientist
I'm just a dude who is willing to click around long enough to create something fun

Earlier you wondered maybe we can use these AI Agents for our own uses. That's also one of my motivations.

You teach yourself random things all the time. You're always learning am I wrong? You learn about Google Ads, you learn copywriting, you learn the effectiveness of different ad strategies, you learn color theory maybe because you're a nerd and you wonder if it'll help you make ads with better conversion, you learn how to use Zapier so you can automate some of your email tasks, and on and on. Why couldn't you also learn this?

Just click around and see what you figure. On your own timeline.

Attachments

• TDMovieOut.14.mov
    61.8 MB · Views: 0

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for all those definitions @AceVentures.

Why couldn't you also learn this?
I'm sure I could, it's a distraction though and I have no pressing need.

I have wondered if a GPT created from all my forum threads could write in my voice, with my values, and my goals. (I don't wonder enough to do anything about it though!)

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for all those definitions @AceVentures.

I'm sure I could, it's a distraction though and I have no pressing need.

I have wondered if a GPT created from all my forum threads could write in my voice, with my values, and my goals. (I don't wonder enough to do anything about it though!)

Same - no pressing need.

The diffusion stuff I do for fun. The local LLMs is so I can experiment with getting different results than ChatGPT, and also for being able to run it offline with fewer privacy concerns.

We learn whatever we're curious enough about.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.