The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
The only issue I see with this is:

Sure it will now pass the GPT 2 tool, but will it pass Google?

Reason I bring this up is, I've been doing "SEO" since before Google existed, manipulating the Yahoo Directory and DMOZ.

I've created a rephraser myself, and used MANY back in the day.

Granted this was a while ago, but I've used recent ones too ( Jarvis, Copy.ai, etc ) and pretty much anyone that uses them see's some kind of penalty in indexing or ranking after a while. I've collected a lot of this info personally and over at another forum ( BuilderSoceity ).

While I agree you need to "hand edit" and "rewrite it" once out of the phraser/rewriter/AI machine.. I don't want people to get the wrong idea and skip over that important past ( like you pointed out ) because if they ChatGPT and then use a rephraser tool.... and not hand edit it, they gonna still get hit by something like Google later on.

The "what ifs" are endless, so I guess it's up to each individual to assess their own risk.
I wouldn't recommend it for someone running a blog, or anything with articles as the primary "product." If your site is based on articles, then keep writing as you always have.

Or you could generate an article and simply rewrite it, completely by hand. That's going to be as safe as writing it yourself. Basically, the AI generated one is just an original cheat sheet to base your article on, and flesh it out.

If your site is based on something else, and you're only publishing content as a sparse secondary element, to provide additional info to your customers or users, then it might be fine. As long as you rephrase it and manually edit it to have a natural language and flow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The more I think about it, the more I feel that all the billions and even trillions of $$$ poured into research for cancer and other similar funding, should instead all be diverted fully into AI research.

Billions and billions of $$$ burned and there's still no major breakthrough in medicine or science in recent decades or even half a century. Either that, or all that $$$ has been siphoned away in the pockets of the elites.

It's clear that humans have more or less reached our peak achievable intelligence in these fields. Since humans can't do it, it's time to let AI take over these areas and do it for us.

AI + quantum computing is the answer.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
Either someone throttled back the capabilities on this thing or all the use is starting to fry it out since it's no longer doing as much as before.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

"AI will only replace low tier workers, office drones and repetitive jobs" is a common retort from people who think they're "higher up" in the food chain and that they're untouchable by AI.

Eventually, AI will come for them as well. It's the eventuality of things. On the whole, AI is still not even in the beta phase yet and there's a long series of multiple major breakthroughs to come in due time. It should be able to replace even the top management of any company.
Like how AI chess made a joke out of the world's best player.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
My bot vs your bot?
Just as with real 'bots in wars, eventually. And now already, in more and more cases. Military robot - Wikipedia

Interesting quote:
"A survey of 746 people in the military showed that 80% either 'liked' or 'loved' their military robots, with more affection being shown towards ground rather than aerial robots. Surviving dangerous combat situations together increased the level of bonding between soldier and robot, and current and future advances in artificial intelligence may further intensify the bond with the military robots."

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Just spent an entire hour "talking" to ChatGPT, this thing is just INSANE in term of content creation and information gathering. No need to spend time checking reddit and other website for an information, it just give it in a few seconds.

There is clearly a huge potential for building a business using this, however are there any AI as good as ChatGPT, because if it's not yet the case, the Control part of the CENTS may be a huge stop.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just spent an entire hour "talking" to ChatGPT, this thing is just INSANE in term of content creation and information gathering. No need to spend time checking reddit and other website for an information, it just give it in a few seconds.

There is clearly a huge potential for building a business using this, however are there any AI as good as ChatGPT, because if it's not yet the case, the Control part of the CENTS may be a huge stop.
I read an article (maybe it was linked to in this thread) that Google has a better tool in beta but didn't want to release it.

It's just a tool. Don't worry about CENTS so much. There's other tools or will be.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

"AI will only replace low tier workers, office drones and repetitive jobs" is a common retort from people who think they're "higher up" in the food chain and that they're untouchable by AI.

Eventually, AI will come for them as well. It's the eventuality of things. On the whole, AI is still not even in the beta phase yet and there's a long series of multiple major breakthroughs to come in due time. It should be able to replace even the top management of any company.
Like how AI chess made a joke out of the world's best player.
Technology doesn't "replace" people; it just changes what they do and how they do it.

We can't even use a Roomba to clean the floor of the office. Janitors are irreplaceable. (Company CINTAS even rents out rugs to businesses that it washes and replaces weekly instead of vacuuming)

I just think theory and practice are very different, and there is a vast chasm between the academic idea of AI (or any technology) and what's actually going on in the real world of business. It's usually a lot messier and "get 'er done" than you think.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Pretty much every time I use this now it no longer works and I get error messages from "try again" to "error".

Really disappointing.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Pretty much every time I use this now it no longer works and I get error messages from "try again" to "error".

Really disappointing.
Allowed too many initial users?

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France

Really disappointing.
worked really well for me this morning with all my tests, however during the afternoon it was unavailable...

Maybe too much users during US time zone active time.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I manually create & send out weekly invoices. I use a website to create them, just enter the fields (amount, sender, receiver, etc..)

I created my own automated script in the past but lost it. Just spent the last 15 minutes with the AI to create another automated script. It gave me the general code and then I customized it to my liking.

Neat! This will save me about 3-7 minutes every week!

I’ve been using it a bit. I don’t think it’s at the point yet where dev jobs are in jeopardy. Maybe in the next few versions? But I’m doing a lot of revisions and edits to the code it’s providing at the moment.

Last edited:

butlerpj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 21, 2017
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.29.24 PM.png

Something about correcting an AI's math and having it admit its mistake makes the interaction feel.. weirdly sentient. I was expecting it to double down on its error or give some sort of apology for being limited by what it's been trained and leave it at that - but the fact that it owned up to the miscalculation and corrected it's arithmetic..?

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
View attachment 46420

Something about correcting an AI's math and having it admit its mistake makes the interaction feel.. weirdly sentient. I was expecting it to double down on its error or give some sort of apology for being limited by what it's been trained and leave it at that - but the fact that it owned up to the miscalculation and corrected it's arithmetic..?
Liked that at first, but then I saw it admit it was wrong and spit out the same mistake again a few too many times ^^

butlerpj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 21, 2017
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Liked that at first, but then I saw it admit it was wrong and spit out the same mistake again a few too many times ^^
Agreed, I've run into it repeatedly making the same mistake before which I guess I was expecting to happen again (annoying but understandable).

For it to make a simple arithmetic mistake and then adjust it's math when questioned feels more like a student submitting an answer without double checking their math.. like it's smart enough to not have made the error in the first place but was just too careless.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I asked ChatGPT to write some verses in the style of Nostradamus:

"In the land of the rising sun,
A great leader will rise,
With a voice as strong as a drum,
He will bring peace to the skies.

In the land of the setting sun,
A great war will come to pass,
As nations rise and fall,
Only the strongest will last.

From the north a great cold will blow,
Frost and ice will cover the land,
But fear not, for in time it will go,
And the warmth of spring will expand.

In the east a great plague will spread,
Leaving death and destruction in its wake,
But hope remains, for a cure will be bred,
And the people will rise and retake.

These are the prophecies of Nostradamus,
Heralding the events to come,
May they guide us in times of chaos,
And lead us towards a brighter sun."

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
I manually create & send out weekly invoices. I use a website to create them, just enter the fields (amount, sender, receiver, etc..)

I created my own automated script in the past but lost it. Just spent the last 15 minutes with the AI to create another automated script. It gave me the general code and then I customized it to my liking.

Neat! This will save me about 3-7 minutes every week!

I’ve been using it a bit. I don’t think it’s at the point yet where dev jobs are in jeopardy. Maybe in the next few versions? But I’m doing a lot of revisions and edits to the code it’s providing at the moment.

Tough to say, but the way I see it, there are many different ways to solve the same problems when you’re coding, and they can have different trade offs. I couldn’t imagine a singular “correct” solution for it to generate for you.

It can generate neat boilerplate stuff right now but for example I asked it to help me with some GPU code and it couldn’t do it.

Also, with large and tangled code bases, how could it know how to perform certain tasks without having to train it on your company’s database and workflows?

It would be a neat tool to use while you’re developing, for example using it as a way to interrogate a given library’s documentation instead of having to manually dig through it. Or using it like stack overflow to question a specific snippet of code.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Tough to say, but the way I see it, there are many different ways to solve the same problems when you’re coding, and they can have different trade offs. I couldn’t imagine a singular “correct” solution for it to generate for you.

It can generate neat boilerplate stuff right now but for example I asked it to help me with some GPU code and it couldn’t do it.

Also, with large and tangled code bases, how could it know how to perform certain tasks without having to train it on your company’s database and workflows?

It would be a neat tool to use while you’re developing, for example using it as a way to interrogate a given library’s documentation instead of having to manually dig through it. Or using it like stack overflow to question a specific snippet of code.
100% agree.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like they fixed a lot of the time out errors.

mr4ffe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Nov 3, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
mr4ffe: List the 10 most controversial books of all time
ChatGPT: "The Satanic Verses" by Salman Rushdie (1988) - This novel sparked widespread protests and violent attacks when it was published, particularly in Muslim-majority countries, due to its perceived blasphemy and criticism of Islam.

"The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger (1951) - This classic coming-of-age novel has been banned in various schools and libraries for its explicit language and depiction of teenage rebellion.

"Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov (1955) - This novel, which tells the story of a middle-aged man's obsession with a young girl, has been criticized for its subject matter and portrayal of pedophilia.

"The Color Purple" by Alice Walker (1982) - This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel has faced controversy for its depiction of African American life, including themes of domestic violence and sexual abuse.

"Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut (1969) - This anti-war novel has been banned in various schools and libraries for its depiction of violence and explicit language.

"The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath (1963) - This semi-autobiographical novel, which deals with themes of mental illness and suicide, has been challenged for its explicit content and controversial themes.

"Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley (1932) - This dystopian novel has been banned in various schools and libraries for its depiction of a futuristic society that encourages promiscuity and the use of mind-altering drugs.

"Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler (1925) - This autobiographical manifesto by the Nazi leader has been banned in various countries due to its promotion of hate and violence.

"The Communist Manifesto" by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (1848) - This political treatise, which advocates for the overthrow of capitalism and the establishment of a communist society, has been controversial and banned in various countries throughout history.

"The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown (2003) - This thriller novel, which suggests that Jesus Christ was married and had children, has faced widespread criticism and controversy from religious groups.

_donut_

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
I have spent the last few days talking with chatGPT about various topics and just in general treating it like a good friend. I am profoundly stunned. . . . . . Life as I know it for me has changed.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Damn. This thing is clever.

It has the tell-tale fluff academia and spammers are so fond of.

"On the other hand" and "However" for instance.

Strip out that stuff and you've the bones of some research to start campaigns, or even to send a client.

Personally I'd input the suggestions into the Google Keyword Planner and see what Google suggests are similar.

Question:

What search terms would indicate an employer is looking for HR help, rather than it being an employee looking for HR help?

Answer:

There are a number of search terms that might indicate that an employer is looking for HR help, rather than an employee looking for HR assistance. Some examples of search terms that an employer might use include:

"HR consulting"
"HR outsourcing"
"HR services for small businesses"
"HR support for startups"
"HR solutions for companies"

Employers may also include specific keywords related to their industry or the type of HR assistance they are seeking, such as "HR compliance for manufacturing companies" or "HR strategy for technology startups."

On the other hand, employees who are looking for HR assistance might use search terms such as:

"HR rights in the workplace"
"Employee benefits"
"How to file a complaint with HR"
"HR support for employees"

By analyzing the search terms used by a particular user, it may be possible to determine whether they are an employer or an employee looking for HR assistance. However, it is important to note that this may not always be the case, and other factors, such as the content of the search results, may be needed to accurately identify the user's needs.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Been having this pop up in my feed for a while now so had to look into it and in my field (cyber security) it seems like it's completely taking over. watched a couple hacking youtubers try this and it's F*cking scary insane,
you can ask it to program complex (and i mean, complex) programs or scripts and it'll do it in seconds whereas a human has to spend days if not weeks or months writing it. you can ask it to write any code in any language and it'll literally explain it to you line by line. I remember spending two weeks studying a cryptographic algorithm and writing it in python from scratch and it still is not completed after a month or two, this thing did it in a minute.
some people even used this to patch vulnerabilities that were once considered to be nearly impossible to fully patch/fix, and the same for the opposite, it can break into the complex security systems.

I'm not too worried about that though, just more scared about the jobs this thing could replace. I mean, why spend years learning to code when ai like this exists?

MarkLavagne

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 27, 2019
Singapore
Been having this pop up in my feed for a while now so had to look into it and in my field (cyber security) it seems like it's completely taking over. watched a couple hacking youtubers try this and it's F*cking scary insane,
you can ask it to program complex (and i mean, complex) programs or scripts and it'll do it in seconds whereas a human has to spend days if not weeks or months writing it. you can ask it to write any code in any language and it'll literally explain it to you line by line. I remember spending two weeks studying a cryptographic algorithm and writing it in python from scratch and it still is not completed after a month or two, this thing did it in a minute.
some people even used this to patch vulnerabilities that were once considered to be nearly impossible to fully patch/fix, and the same for the opposite, it can break into the complex security systems.

I'm not too worried about that though, just more scared about the jobs this thing could replace. I mean, why spend years learning to code when ai like this exists?
I'll politely disagree. Cybersecurity requires creativity in assessment of attack vectors, which this thing is lacking now.
Writing some code exploiting well known vulnerability have not been a rocket science for a while, script kiddies have been doing it for a while. It may get someone out of the job in future, but for a very low level positions.

There is a saying - bad developers worry about their code, good developers worry about logic and data structures. ChatGPT may replace bad developers who mostly copy/paste StackOverflow articles anyways, but arguably - won't be replacing good developers anytime soon.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Don't bother asking for horoscopes. It doesn't dabble in nonsense.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Answers tend to be very safe, boring, and for those living in "the script".

This is NOT how I'd answer this question, but it's how a ghost writer might answer it.

My answer would be to get a client (free or low paid), have a low daily ad spend, and get stuck in. Learn as you go.

Best way to learn Google Ads?

There are several ways to learn Google Ads:
  1. Google Ads learning center: Google offers a comprehensive learning center with tutorials, guides, and other resources to help you get started with Google Ads. You can find this resource at https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6346125.
  2. Google Ads certification: Google offers a certification program for individuals who want to demonstrate their expertise in Google Ads. To become certified, you'll need to pass a series of exams that test your knowledge of Google Ads. You can find more information about the certification program at https://support.google.com/partners/answer/7370474.
  3. Online courses: There are many online courses that can help you learn Google Ads, such as those offered by Udemy, Coursera, and LinkedIn Learning. These courses typically include video lectures, quizzes, and other resources to help you learn the platform.
  4. Books: There are several books available that cover Google Ads in depth, such as "Google Ads for Dummies" and "The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads." These books can be a helpful resource for learning the platform and getting tips and best practices.
  5. Attend a workshop or conference: There are many workshops and conferences that focus on Google Ads and other digital marketing topics. Attending one of these events can be a great way to learn from industry experts and get up-to-date information on the latest trends and strategies.
Ultimately, the best way to learn Google Ads will depend on your learning style and preferences. It may be helpful to try a combination of these methods to find what works best for you.

This is pretty good:

Best way to get Google Ads clients?

There are several ways to get Google Ads clients:
  1. Networking: Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and get involved in local business communities. This can help you make connections and build relationships that can lead to potential clients.
  2. Referrals: Ask your current clients if they know of anyone who might be interested in your Google Ads services. Many businesses are happy to refer their colleagues and contacts to trusted service providers.
  3. Online marketing: Use your own website and social media platforms to showcase your Google Ads skills and experience. This can help attract potential clients who are searching for Google Ads services online.
  4. Cold outreach: Reach out to businesses directly through email or phone to introduce yourself and your services. Make sure to tailor your outreach to the specific needs and goals of each business you contact.
  5. Partner with other businesses: Consider partnering with complementary businesses, such as web design or SEO firms, to offer Google Ads services as part of a larger package. This can be a good way to attract clients who are looking for a one-stop-shop for their digital marketing needs.
Ultimately, the best way to get Google Ads clients will depend on your target market and the resources you have available. It may be helpful to try a combination of these methods to find what works best for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.