The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey,

Welcome to the forum but dude, I don't know who you are... What are you trying to do? This is an entrepreneur forum and most people that are on here are seeking freedom from jobs and the standard 'career' .

I get that you're trying to get your content out there by linking your videos, but you haven't commented on any other threads, you haven't introduced yourself, this is a tight knit community and most people know who and what they're trying to accomplish.

All I'm getting from you is you're trying to be the next Tai Lopez by posting your videos on different forums, maybe subreddits and its making me doubt your genuineness and reluctant to watch your videos.

JP

• Banned

John Marty

New Contributor
May 17, 2018
USA
Hey,

Welcome to the forum but dude, I don't know who you are... What are you trying to do? This is an entrepreneur forum and most people that are on here are seeking freedom from jobs and the standard 'career' .

I get that you're trying to get your content out there by linking your videos, but you haven't commented on any other threads, you haven't introduced yourself, this is a tight knit community and most people know who and what they're trying to accomplish.

All I'm getting from you is you're trying to be the next Tai Lopez by posting your videos on different forums, maybe subreddits and its making me doubt your genuineness and reluctant to watch your videos.

JP
Stop pushing your YouTube channel on a forum meant for entrepreneurs, if you’re not here to add value, go somewhere else.

Thanks dude but you are mistaken me. Anyway, My name is John Marty and I am career coach. Yes, I agree this forum is related to entrepreneur but their are few others topics as well like success, motivation, self improvement, educational and much more. And my video is related to career stagnation which can happen with anyone whether he is entrepreneur and individual. Also, as you said I didn't introduce myself, so I think mate you didn't check my profile. I have clearly mentioned who I am and what I am doing. So, you should check my profile first. One more thing, I am not doing just promotion here, I am sharing the some educational ideas through my video that doesn't mean I am not a genuine person.

First listen to my video and then judge me what I am trying to do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

John Marty

New Contributor
May 17, 2018
USA
Stop pushing your YouTube channel on a forum meant for entrepreneurs, if you’re not here to add value, go somewhere else.
Mate I am adding a value here. Without listening my video you are passing comment on it. I just shared video related to career stagnation which can be useful for anyone whether entrepreneur or individual. I don't think this is not the right place to share such type of ideas. So I suggest you man explore the complete forum site first.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Mate I am adding a value here. Without listening my video you are passing comment on it. I just shared video related to career stagnation which can be useful for anyone whether entrepreneur or individual. I don't think this is not the right place to share such type of ideas. So I suggest you man explore the complete forum site first.

Hi John, I appreciate that you are adding value. But can you see how it looks to people who have been on this forum for a while? You’re only two posts have been pushing you’re own content via your YouTube channel.
Introduce yourself, get involved in the community, contribute to interesting topics first before you push your own content.
You may disagree with me and that’s fine, but I’m certain you will get many similar repsonses from most of the members here.

• Banned

John Marty

New Contributor
May 17, 2018
USA
Hi John, I appreciate that you are adding value. But can you see how it looks to people who have been on this forum for a while? You’re only two posts have been pushing you’re own content via your YouTube channel.
Introduce yourself, get involved in the community, contribute to interesting topics first before you push your own content.
You may disagree with me and that’s fine, but I’m certain you will get many similar repsonses from most of the members here.

I already introduced myself in profile section. Also, I'll definitely participate in the another communities and share my opinions. I am just sharing information through video and I am not trying to do any promotion. Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion. I'll participate in some interested topics too,

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I already introduced myself in profile section. Also, I'll definitely participate in the another communities and share my opinions. I am just sharing information through video and I am not trying to do any promotion. Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion. I'll participate in some interested topics too,
Thanks John. We'd love to have you join and participate.

Your YouTube channel is very slick. I'm sure many members would be interested in your background and how you've created your channel and what you plan on doing to grow it.

@Fox has a thread about growing his YouTube channel:

Maybe create an intro thread? There's lots in here:

I've spent about 20 minutes replying to your other thread, here:

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Also, for someone who produces such polished videos, your posts here and your engagement sound like you have a VA doing your forum outreach.

Take some time and engage. Doesn't @Andy Black have some thread about taking off your coat and staying a while? (I may be making that up, or massively misremembering)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Also, for someone who produces such polished videos, your posts here and your engagement sound like you have a VA doing your forum outreach.
Hmmm... now you mention it...

Take some time and engage. Doesn't @Andy Black have some thread about taking off your coat and staying a while? (I may be making that up, or massively misremembering)
Right on cue:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
By starting a thread with your video title and then linking right out to your content elsewhere you’re giving the impression of just using the forum for traffic. Can we expect a new thread for every video you are going to make? What if everyone did this here... new thread > links out to content elsewhere. It undermines the community @MJ DeMarco took the time to build.

How would you feel if every comment on your YouTube video was someone linking to their own content elsehwhere.

Instead why don’t you start a YouTube channel thread and breakdown the process of how and why you are making videos. Production, camera gear, graphics, scripting, channel growth tactics - that’s the content people want to see.

It doesn’t matter that you made an intro first if you go right into treating everyone like a “click”. This is a forum where you share behind the scenes and give the process > not the product. Otherwise we will just have a bunch of people selling and promoting everything.

Can you see the difference?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I read your profile. That doesn't tell me who you are. It's a pitch.

So who are you? You have to establish credibility with your audience before anyone will care about your videos.

You want to be a coach. Excellent. That requires a particular track record of prominent successes. So what are they? What businesses have you built?

You mention American Express. Did you work there? Were you selling to them? Did you get promoted, quit, were you stagnant?

Your rule of thumb of 18-24 months... based on what? You have to personalize this so people would take it to heart.

Your video tells ME what to do, but didn't tell us what YOU did and how it played out. So how did you take the advice you give and use it for your gain?

Where do you work? Do you work? What do you do? What is your BIO? Why would people listen to you?

Did you short circuit the corporate game and win? How? Specifically?

Are you preaching what you practice John? We need MEAT.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks dude but you are mistaken me

Yea, and you just happened to be posting from central India.

Give me a freaking break.

Videos removed. Account banned.

Your "hire a VA to promote your channel" shit doesn't work here.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Your "hire a VA to promote your channel" sh*t doesn't work here.

Man.

Spend 10 minute to create a proper thread, share some behind the scenes process and systems, get some good feedback, and maybe some subs too.

Why would you outsource someone representing you personally. Crazy.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Your "hire a VA to promote your channel" sh*t doesn't work here.
@CareCPA called it.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for tossing out the scammer.

how you've created your channel and what you plan on doing to grow it.

Unfortunately, by hiring bad VA's to inappropriately spam his stuff. Seems to not be working out too well!

Don't let your career stagnate by hiring Virtual Assistants in India to post YouTube backlinks to your YouTube channel, and then act like it's you.

If only he'd listened to his own advice. Hiring VA's in India to pretend they are you, while making links to your videos? That's the way to make your career stagnate, so you shouldn't do it! Especially a VA who is not fluent in American English:

I am [ not A ] career coach.
This forum is related to [ not for ] entrepreneur. [ not entrepreneurs or entrepreneurship, and anyway building your standard career is not entrepreneurship anyway ]
Mate as chatty greeting to other guys not known to be from the Commonwealth.
I am sharing the some educational ideas. [ double weird pronoun choice for an American ]
I just shared [ not A, nor MY ] video related to career stagnation.
I don't think this is not [ rather than It seems to me this is ] the right place to share such type of ideas.
So I suggest you man explore [ I guess that's better than Mansplaining or woman get lost in ] the complete forum site first.
in the another communities [ singular or plural? ]
I'll participate in some interested topics too, [ interesting topics to the author, topics of interest to others ]

An occasional typo and missed word while tossing some thoughts up via phone, while in line at the post office? Sure. Almost every line having something that is a really weird way to put things, that almost no one raised in American culture would think of first? Red flags.

I am not trying to do any promotion - bullshit of course

Thanks to the deaf guy for noticing it didn't sound right, and the CPA for seeing that something that didn't add up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.