The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CANADIAN ENTREPRENEURS??

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
G

GuestUserX15

I was wondering if there are any Canadian entrepreneurs on here with online businesses and how they've dealt with the hurdles. I'm from Edmonton, Alberta ( Trade central/Oil capital of Canada). Would love to hear everyones experiences.!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There's a ton of us.

What hurdles specifically?

Canada certainly has it's own unique challenges but nothing so daunting that hasn't been solved by a bunch of us already.

Ask away.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
How do you guys survive all that low violence, free healthcare and politeness? It's a damn jungle up there.

I think the constant risk of bear and moose attacks offsets everything.

G

GuestUserX15

There's a ton of us.

What hurdles specifically?

Canada certainly has it's own unique challenges but nothing so daunting that hasn't been solved by a bunch of us already.

Ask away.

Thanks for your response. I was just wondering if you had figured out a way to ship within Canada at low costs or how you ship to USA form here?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
How do you guys survive all that low violence, free healthcare and politeness? It's a damn jungle up there.

I'll have you know I've been a multiple-times victim of passive aggressive comments, sir.

And I have to wait like 4 hours to get my free healthcare!!! (unless I make an appointment ahead of time, anyway...)

:)

I was just wondering if you had figured out a way to ship within Canada at low costs or how you ship to USA form here?

Canada post is the cheapest way to ship to basically anywhere for most things. Sadly this is still ridiculous more expensive than compared to what our southern neighbors have access to.

You CAN typically save a few bucks using an aggregator like Cheapest Way to Ship: Track, Ship, Get Shipping Estimate & More | Secureship.ca though. Maybe sign up with them and give them a shot? At the very least their system is nicer than Canada Posts's online nonsense.

Ebay and Amazon both offer tremendous lower rates if you sell through them also, of course.

BradD

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 11, 2013
Ottawa
Can Post (like any other carrier) will also offer tiered volume discounts as you scale- in my first year of business, think I was paying something ~$10/book to ship within Ontario (ouch), now we're around ~$3.75-$4/ avg

On a personal note, after being nominated 3 times for a Canada Post Innovation award (1 category first year, 2 categories next year)- they had the nerve to not let me win any of them lol. Yes, I'm a sore loser.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.