The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

CANADIAN ENTREPRENEURS??

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

G

GuestUserX15

I was wondering if there are any Canadian entrepreneurs on here with online businesses and how they've dealt with the hurdles. I'm from Edmonton, Alberta ( Trade central/Oil capital of Canada). Would love to hear everyones experiences.!!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

JAJT

Ha Ha! Business
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There's a ton of us.

What hurdles specifically?

Canada certainly has it's own unique challenges but nothing so daunting that hasn't been solved by a bunch of us already.

Ask away.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2014
How do you guys survive all that low violence, free healthcare and politeness? It's a damn jungle up there.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
How do you guys survive all that low violence, free healthcare and politeness? It's a damn jungle up there.
I think the constant risk of bear and moose attacks offsets everything.

OP
OP
G

GuestUserX15

There's a ton of us.

Canada certainly has it's own unique challenges but nothing so daunting that hasn't been solved by a bunch of us already.

Ask away.

Thanks for your response. I was just wondering if you had figured out a way to ship within Canada at low costs or how you ship to USA form here?

JAJT

Ha Ha! Business
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'll have you know I've been a multiple-times victim of passive aggressive comments, sir.

And I have to wait like 4 hours to get my free healthcare!!! (unless I make an appointment ahead of time, anyway...)

:)

I was just wondering if you had figured out a way to ship within Canada at low costs or how you ship to USA form here?
Canada post is the cheapest way to ship to basically anywhere for most things. Sadly this is still ridiculous more expensive than compared to what our southern neighbors have access to.

You CAN typically save a few bucks using an aggregator like Cheapest Way to Ship: Track, Ship, Get Shipping Estimate & More | Secureship.ca though. Maybe sign up with them and give them a shot? At the very least their system is nicer than Canada Posts's online nonsense.

Ebay and Amazon both offer tremendous lower rates if you sell through them also, of course.

BradD

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 11, 2013
Ottawa
Can Post (like any other carrier) will also offer tiered volume discounts as you scale- in my first year of business, think I was paying something ~$10/book to ship within Ontario (ouch), now we're around ~$3.75-$4/ avg

On a personal note, after being nominated 3 times for a Canada Post Innovation award (1 category first year, 2 categories next year)- they had the nerve to not let me win any of them lol. Yes, I'm a sore loser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom