• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

CANADIAN ENTREPRENEURS??

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by Dab1923, May 18, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Dab1923

Dab1923 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    I was wondering if there are any Canadian entrepreneurs on here with online businesses and how they've dealt with the hurdles. I'm from Edmonton, Alberta ( Trade central/Oil capital of Canada). Would love to hear everyones experiences.!!

2. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $32,436
    There's a ton of us.

What hurdles specifically?

Canada certainly has it's own unique challenges but nothing so daunting that hasn't been solved by a bunch of us already.

Ask away.

Scot likes this.
  3. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $5,741
    How do you guys survive all that low violence, free healthcare and politeness? It's a damn jungle up there.

mentalic, cmor16, JAJT and 2 others like this.
  4. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $19,488
    I think the constant risk of bear and moose attacks offsets everything.

BradD and G-Man like this.
  5. Dab1923

Dab1923 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122

Thanks for your response. I was just wondering if you had figured out a way to ship within Canada at low costs or how you ship to USA form here?

6. BradD

BradD Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $890
    It's not easy always being on top of you guys..

JAJT and G-Man like this.
  7. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $32,436
    I'll have you know I've been a multiple-times victim of passive aggressive comments, sir.

And I have to wait like 4 hours to get my free healthcare!!! (unless I make an appointment ahead of time, anyway...)

:)

Canada post is the cheapest way to ship to basically anywhere for most things. Sadly this is still ridiculous more expensive than compared to what our southern neighbors have access to.

You CAN typically save a few bucks using an aggregator like Cheapest Way to Ship: Track, Ship, Get Shipping Estimate & More | Secureship.ca though. Maybe sign up with them and give them a shot? At the very least their system is nicer than Canada Posts's online nonsense.

Ebay and Amazon both offer tremendous lower rates if you sell through them also, of course.

BradD and G-Man like this.
  8. BradD

BradD Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $890
    Can Post (like any other carrier) will also offer tiered volume discounts as you scale- in my first year of business, think I was paying something ~$10/book to ship within Ontario (ouch), now we're around ~$3.75-$4/ avg

On a personal note, after being nominated 3 times for a Canada Post Innovation award (1 category first year, 2 categories next year)- they had the nerve to not let me win any of them lol. Yes, I'm a sore loser.

JAJT likes this.