The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can you brainwash yourself to be who you want to be?

Anything related to matters of the mind

NStack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 12, 2021
I have been reading a lot on psychology, specifically the power of the subconscious mind and it got me thinking.

We have been programmed by the information we take in everyday such as news, gossip, social media and education and it has morphed us into the person we are today. So how do we go about intentionally flooding our subconscious with the information to help us become the person we want to be. Essentially program an algorithm to help us interact with the information that will get our subconscious pushing us towards our goals.

Genuinely curious on everyone's thoughts on what you would do and how long you think it will take.

Nav

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I have been reading a lot on psychology, specifically the power of the subconscious mind and it got me thinking.

We have been programmed by the information we take in everyday such as news, gossip, social media and education and it has morphed us into the person we are today. So how do we go about intentionally flooding our subconscious with the information to help us become the person we want to be. Essentially program an algorithm to help us interact with the information that will get our subconscious pushing us towards our goals.

Genuinely curious on everyone's thoughts on what you would do and how long you think it will take.

Nav
If you believe that the information you are taking in is programming your brain to the point that it is solely responsible for the person you are today, then you are a passive consumer of information.

Flooding your brain with different information won't change the fact that you are a passive consumer of information.

I don't know what kind of person you want to be, but I expect that most people want to be able to think critically. Often, that means turning off the news, unplugging from algorithms, and taking time in reflection.

But I'm guessing that's not the answer you're looking for. It sounds like what you're looking for is something akin to the silva mind control method. Good luck to you.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Why do you need to brainwash yourself to become who you want to become?

Assuming you don't want to be immoral or evil, then presumably you would want to be the best version of yourself. Each person has certain traits or morals they want to live out. We want to live out these ideas because we place a high value on them.

If you want to be rich, sure you can rationalize this in an unhealthy and selfish manner, see Bernie Madoff. That doesn't have to be the case though. Becoming wealthy can very well be viewed as a moral good if you pursue these goals in accordance with your morals.

Who is it that you want to become and why? Who are some people that embody your ideal self? What characteristics made them into the person they are today and can you replicate this in your own unique way? Most people(except maybe teens idolizing today's musicians and Hollywood elite) idealize people who have redeemable characteristics. Something drew you to that person. Find out what that is and try and become a better person.

There are a handful of people actively on this forum that are good role models for business. For me, I think @Kak has done a great job with this on his podcast. I never had to brainwash myself, he and many others on this forum have provided logic and reasoning that did not brainwash me to do the business I am doing today, but start my business because this is how I become the best version of myself. That shouldn't require brainwashing, just common sense.

football4life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Oct 16, 2022

Nav
do more things in real world? break patterns of thinking? We are habitual beings which means we do many things unconsciously. so yeah, start doing small new things everyday.

NStack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 12, 2021
I love all of the inputs, but maybe brainwashing is too strong of a word. Maybe a better way of looking at it is controlling your "information diet" to help you achieve the outcome you want to achieve.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
The answer to this is no different then the sage advice we have been getting for ages now...

You don't need to 'program' anything, just be cognizant of how / where you spend your time, and the thoughts you are having throughout the day (and why you are having those)

BUT if you needed a refresher

Choose carefully who you surround yourself with (You are the sum of the 5 closest to you...)
Choose carefully the advice you get from others (especially online)
Control what you consume (books, articles, posts, netflix, youtube, etc)
Control and dictate some of your inputs and outputs (producing vs consuming, working out, meditation, what you put into your body, where your energy goes daily)
Limit how much 'media' you ingest (more so important then ever in 2022)
Save more than you earn (to give you mental health and clarity to start working on some of your pursuits / passions / fastlane business) etc
And on and on ...

That's a good place to start. Your thoughts / actions / results will follow ...

That all depends on where you start and where you are going.

I am still a work in progress, but have come a LONG way in the last 20 + years. Changes can be felt / seen in a matter of DAYS depending on where you are, but to become a true artist and get closer to perfecting the craft can take decades. I'm still working on being 'better' today then I was yesterday in many of the facets listed above.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
No losers
Read stuff from winners
Stop wasting time
Don't consume loser stuff like liberal tv, tik toks, netflix, sports
leave brainwashing factories like corporate jobs, schools, etc.
stop talking to most people currently in your life and if you have to, be an a**hole when they try to shape your identity in any way and tell you who you are or what to do. "Why should I listen to you? I would never want to have your life"
abandon attachment, you are not your things, you are a brain and a body, everything in your mind is a choice that can change in an instant, you can be anyone.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Great advice here! I can only tell you what's worked for me.

@BizyDad said reflection time is important. I take a lot of time doing this in addition to journaling.

I can give you examples that I live by.

I am a healthy athlete(I was not a healthy athlete 5 yrs ago). I defined who I wanted to be....A healthy athlete. This gives me guidance. I do everything that a healthy athlete would do. I eat a whole food, plant-based diet and have my bloodwork analyzed every 3 months. I weight train at the gym and do cardio 3x/wk. I get 8 hrs of sleep and so on.

Same applies for business. I define who I want to be and follow the same protocol as above. Maybe I'm not where I want to be yet but I have a vision of who I want to be that guides my decisions. I learn daily by reading. I look at what I need to know that I currently don't know and learn. I make friends with similar people of similar mindsets. I take calculated risks. I get out of my comfort zone. And more.

I've defined what a good husband and father looks like to me and I do the same thing.

No brainwashing. Just reflection, planning, doing.'

I hope this helps.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
I have thought about this, well, at least the information im consuming everyday and how it effects me.

That's why I'm very conscious of what goes in my head, and how I behave day to day. Your daily habits now show what your future will look like. So when you wake up do you scroll on tiktok / instagram? Or do you meditate / read helpful books / come on this forum :)?

In a way i guess the system is brainwashing you, and now you can choose to take back control

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
The easiest way to change yourself is to change the people you surround yourself with.

There is a famous saying: "You are the average of the 5 people you spent the most time with."

Humans are social beings and the need to be accepted by your social environment is a strong deeply rooted human need. It's hard (or impossible?) to overcome this but it's easy to change your environment and make use of it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.