The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

MEETUPS Can we please open a FB group?

AriAzran

Contributor
Sep 15, 2020
Israel
Hey hustlers, we should really consider opening a FB group. I absolutely adore the mindset of this forum and the type of people MJ attracted to this place. I'd be alot more active and engaged if we had a FB group.

MJ ? What do you think?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
Hey hustlers, we should really consider opening a FB group. I absolutely adore the mindset of this forum and the type of people MJ attracted to this place. I'd be alot more active and engaged if we had a FB group.

MJ ? What do you think?

I don't like this idea. It would be giving away a valuable asset to another company.

Mike Partee

(Formerly UnrealCreative)
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
San Juan

MJ ? What do you think?

No.

Djioul

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 12, 2021
France

MJ ? What do you think?
To me, having to come on this forum to interact with others acts as a filter. I'm in a few (serious) FB groups which are getting out of control and loosing quality because of too many users.

I don't like this idea. It would be giving away a valuable asset to another company.
Agree with the asset issue

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Damn, tough crowd :clench:

Why on earth would I offload my traffic to the authoritarians at Facebook and have someone else tell me what I can, and can't do with it?

No.

Never.

Hey hustlers, we should really consider opening a FB group.

I do have a telegram group/channel that is growing pretty quick (for folks outside of US/CAN) or the Unscripted Network linked in my signature.

You are welcome to join that.

AriAzran

Contributor
Sep 15, 2020
Israel
Why on earth would I offload my traffic to the authoritarians at Facebook and have someone else tell me what I can, and can't do with it?

No.

Never.

I do have a telegram group/channel that is growing pretty quick (for folks outside of US/CAN) or the Unscripted Network linked in my signature.

You are welcome to join that.

I hate the Zucks, too, MJ. I get what you guys are saying. It's just that the level of activity and engagment on that platform is immense. I'm gonna check out those two options you mentioned, MJ, thanks a bunch!

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I hate the Zucks, too, MJ. I get what you guys are saying. It's just that the level of activity and engagment on that platform is immense. I'm gonna check out those two options you mentioned, MJ, thanks a bunch!
Information is transient in Facebook groups. It disappears off the timeline and is lost beneath the waves. We can't link to older threads, and they don't resurface again. It's more "messagy" in nature than forum software.

Sure, engagement can be high in Facebook groups, but is our goal engagement for engagements sake?

Kelvin Fernandez

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
That level of activity is worthless noise. Most facebook groups I joined were filled with spammers and people from around the world asking the stupidest things. Also most people who frequent this forum would be banned or reported often.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kelvin Fernandez

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
What can you do on Facebook that you can’t do on here?
Nothing just to give you an example I just got banned on facebook for telling someone he was an ape. To give you some context I was commenting under a picture of monkeys having wars just like humans. I told the person he was an ape because humans are scientifically classified under the great apes category. Guess facebook no longer agrees with science. I even appealed the ban and they reviewed and said that I was still wrong.

banned.jpg

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

No.

Never.
Most of my good stock and business groups are on Telegram now.
I think even some gurus have opened up paid memberships to access content on Telegram
(I listen to a $9/week Ecom Depository from Nate Schmidt)

Even if Facebook wasn't so authoritarian, it'll still be filled with spam-sters begging you for jobs or just putting unsolicited offers for services/crypto/business hack. I don't think I've truly ever mined good copywriting research from there for a long time...

Sure, engagement can be high in Facebook groups, but is our goal engagement for engagements sake?
Most of the folks will just be sleeping.

For some reasons, this reminds me of Ben Settle's recent pimping of his new book 'Social Lair'

The guy will be sharing how he used to run an extremely successful FB group (before deleting all his social media presence). Already in his sales emails, he hints at his hatred for low-interacting folks, FB's policies and so on, and how he dealt with them.

It's not a priority buy for me, but if I really want to start a community, I'd check it out.

harlansjobs

Contributor
Oct 31, 2018
Information is transient in Facebook groups. It disappears off the timeline and is lost beneath the waves. We can't link to older threads, and they don't resurface again. It's more "messagy" in nature than forum software.

No, our goal is engagement for the sake of teaching and inspiring others.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom