The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can we please open a FB group?

AriAzran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 15, 2020
Israel
Hey hustlers, we should really consider opening a FB group. I absolutely adore the mindset of this forum and the type of people MJ attracted to this place. I'd be alot more active and engaged if we had a FB group.

MJ ? What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Hey hustlers, we should really consider opening a FB group. I absolutely adore the mindset of this forum and the type of people MJ attracted to this place. I'd be alot more active and engaged if we had a FB group.

MJ ? What do you think?

I don't like this idea. It would be giving away a valuable asset to another company.

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France

MJ ? What do you think?
To me, having to come on this forum to interact with others acts as a filter. I'm in a few (serious) FB groups which are getting out of control and loosing quality because of too many users.

I don't like this idea. It would be giving away a valuable asset to another company.
Agree with the asset issue

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Damn, tough crowd :clench:

Why on earth would I offload my traffic to the authoritarians at Facebook and have someone else tell me what I can, and can't do with it?

No.

Never.

Hey hustlers, we should really consider opening a FB group.

I do have a telegram group/channel that is growing pretty quick (for folks outside of US/CAN) or the Unscripted Network linked in my signature.

You are welcome to join that.

AriAzran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 15, 2020
Israel
Why on earth would I offload my traffic to the authoritarians at Facebook and have someone else tell me what I can, and can't do with it?

No.

Never.

I do have a telegram group/channel that is growing pretty quick (for folks outside of US/CAN) or the Unscripted Network linked in my signature.

You are welcome to join that.

I hate the Zucks, too, MJ. I get what you guys are saying. It's just that the level of activity and engagment on that platform is immense. I'm gonna check out those two options you mentioned, MJ, thanks a bunch!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I hate the Zucks, too, MJ. I get what you guys are saying. It's just that the level of activity and engagment on that platform is immense. I'm gonna check out those two options you mentioned, MJ, thanks a bunch!
Information is transient in Facebook groups. It disappears off the timeline and is lost beneath the waves. We can't link to older threads, and they don't resurface again. It's more "messagy" in nature than forum software.

Sure, engagement can be high in Facebook groups, but is our goal engagement for engagements sake?

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
That level of activity is worthless noise. Most facebook groups I joined were filled with spammers and people from around the world asking the stupidest things. Also most people who frequent this forum would be banned or reported often.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
What can you do on Facebook that you can’t do on here?
Nothing just to give you an example I just got banned on facebook for telling someone he was an ape. To give you some context I was commenting under a picture of monkeys having wars just like humans. I told the person he was an ape because humans are scientifically classified under the great apes category. Guess facebook no longer agrees with science. I even appealed the ban and they reviewed and said that I was still wrong.

banned.jpg

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

No.

Never.
Most of my good stock and business groups are on Telegram now.
I think even some gurus have opened up paid memberships to access content on Telegram
(I listen to a $9/week Ecom Depository from Nate Schmidt)

Even if Facebook wasn't so authoritarian, it'll still be filled with spam-sters begging you for jobs or just putting unsolicited offers for services/crypto/business hack. I don't think I've truly ever mined good copywriting research from there for a long time...

Sure, engagement can be high in Facebook groups, but is our goal engagement for engagements sake?
Most of the folks will just be sleeping.

For some reasons, this reminds me of Ben Settle's recent pimping of his new book 'Social Lair'

The guy will be sharing how he used to run an extremely successful FB group (before deleting all his social media presence). Already in his sales emails, he hints at his hatred for low-interacting folks, FB's policies and so on, and how he dealt with them.

It's not a priority buy for me, but if I really want to start a community, I'd check it out.

Greg Behnke

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 22, 2012
Scottsdale Arizona
Clearly hasn’t read the book. Not only is control commandment violated but Facebook actively censors any ideas they decide they don’t agree with.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
Information is transient in Facebook groups. It disappears off the timeline and is lost beneath the waves. We can't link to older threads, and they don't resurface again. It's more "messagy" in nature than forum software.

No, our goal is engagement for the sake of teaching and inspiring others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.