The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Calling all CLOSERS. Need sales advice!

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
That's probably what the guy who offered me the cheaper cupboards would say when he discovered I went for the more expensive option...

I don't know what product you're selling, however if you don't get the potential client to buy into the value, then they will never show up to a meeting.

Ask them what shape their 'stuff' is, and then tell them how you can bend your product to fit it perfectly.
More personalization, got it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
A man wants a HOLE. He goes to the store to buy a drill. He doesn't want the drill. He wants the HOLE.

I hear this quote a lot.

What the man wants is to xyz (put up a shelf, hang a picture, etc.) He needs a hole but that is not what he wants hence zero power tool companies marketing in this way.

There is a reason they are called powertools. Almost marketed like weapons.

Real power is telling wifey to put the picture up herself is she likes it so much. :)

Dan

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Ok Alex

So why did the two appointments not turn up? Have you asked? At this stage you may as well as you are not busy (I don't mean this in a rude way)

You now understand why you need a pipeline of prospects too.

Dan

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Ok Alex

So why did the two appointments not turn up? Have you asked? At this stage you may as well as you are not busy (I don't mean this in a rude way)

You now understand why you need a pipeline of prospects too.

Dan

I totally agree with Dan. Also, you now see why they're called "prospects" at this point. Some marketers would make a distinction and only call them "suspects" until they are in a conversation with you about their needs and interests, and about your offers and pricing. Most marketers would not call them "clients" or "customers" until the check as cleared. Until then, they're "prospective" or "potential" only.

I really like the friendly, helpful, positive, respectful tone everyone has for Alex here. I hope that this thread will not only help him now, but turn into a really good reference in the future for people who are brand new to a sales process. This is exactly the kind of conversation I hoped to find in the forum, in this case able to share something I know, in others able to learn from others know.

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
How did your meeting go?
Deal closed!

We closed a 2700$ deal and will be rebuilding this guy's website and optimize it for conversions.

I'm still "in training" though, so my mentor/boss did most of the talking pretty much and closed him after talking for an hour or so.

He said he would train me to close for the first 2-3 months and then I can progressively start closing more deal on my own.

I can tell you this though, although it's hard work, it's so much better than punching the clock.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Deal closed!

We closed a 2700$ deal and will be rebuilding this guy's website and optimize it for conversions.

Yay! Go Alex! Awesome!!!

Did you get to apply the sales advice here? Did you see your boss use the techniques that people shared with you here?

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Yay! Go Alex! Awesome!!!

Did you get to apply the sales advice here? Did you see your boss use the techniques that people shared with you here?
I didn't say much, I added value here and there but my boss pretty much applied everything you guy's mentioned.

It was pretty great to witness him in action!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.