The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

castman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 30, 2017
Los angeles
I need an advice, is a good idea to buy an hotel with a loan planning to pay it from the business revenue? if it is what will be a good term to take it and what other things may be good to look at before doing business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

acerseller

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jan 21, 2017
US
castman, I'm all for taking on debt to acquire cashflowing assets.

That said, if you have to ask this question (both how do you do due diligence on a hotel and what would be an optimal loan term), you shouldn't do it.

I'm going to make assumptions based on your two line post, so sorry in advance if these are off base: you don't have any money and you don't have any hotel experience.

Yet you want to purchase something that requires a lot of money (operating capital post purchase, not just acquisition), and requires a lot of experience.

Reads to me like doing the above with a loan would be a terrible idea.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
I need an advice, is a good idea to buy an hotel with a loan planning to pay it from the business revenue? if it is what will be a good term to take it and what other things may be good to look at before doing business.
If you want to pursue a plan of this nature it's time to put in the time and research and see how it could be feasible and if so, what you would need to put in place

Posting on an online forum isn't going to cut it

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
If you need to ask if it's a good idea to buy a hotel with a loan you maybe shouldn't be buying a hotel.

Buying a hotel isn't something you go half cocked on. It's something that requires a lot of due diligence, work and experience.

Also, I've actually researched this one out of curiosity. You probably will not find a bank that will loan you money for a hotel unless you already own one and can show you've run it profitably.

That's the cold hard truth. Banks are stingy with money and they're very skeptical of the hospitality industry.

Last edited:

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

tenor.gif

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
The vast majority of all hotel/motel sales involve bank financing where business revenues are used to pay off the note. So yes it is the norm. But the fact that you had to ask that question pretty much means its not a good idea for you. And most banks would probably agree with me.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I think it's a great idea, you should do it. Don't worry about all the numbers and terms, none of that really matters!

Let me know how it goes :thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.