The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting/buying a resort?

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
Hi,

It has been a dream of mine, running a beach resort on an tropical place. But as a foreighner you cannot buy property in Thailand for example (as in most Asian countries). You can in Malaysia. (not sure of the rest of the world yet). But I due like Asia as my money stretches further there, and I like the food and the weather.

Not sure anyone here ever taken such an adventure on? I am new to the hotel bizz though, so maybe there are websites someone can recommend that deep dive on this topic?(tips, things to avoid, best websites to look for dirt or existing resorts, locations on the rise etc,...)

thanks a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest116255

Hi,

It has been a dream of mine, running a beach resort on an tropical place. But as a foreighner you cannot buy property in Thailand for example (as in most Asian countries). You can in Malaysia. (not sure of the rest of the world yet). But I due like Asia as my money stretches further there, and I like the food and the weather.

Not sure anyone here ever taken such an adventure on? I am new to the hotel bizz though, so maybe there are websites someone can recommend that deep dive on this topic?(tips, things to avoid, best websites to look for dirt or existing resorts, locations on the rise etc,...)

thanks a lot!
Hotels and resorts are something any country can use of, even if the country does not have a coast line. Whilst you may like the food and the weather, take into account the needs of others. One tip I have for you is to go onto google analytics and see how often search terms like "resorts in Asia" have been searched. If you find any possible competitors, see what you can offer that they don't. I am not in real estate so unfortunately I cannot give you advice on websites or places to look.

What I can say is to heavily study the area where the property you plan to buy is located. I've been to south America many times and there are plenty of neat little stores. places to eat, and shops that have terrible exposure due to their geographical positioning. Whilst you can fix this with digital marketing, geographical positioning is still a very powerful asset that can increase overall exposure on the place.

Is the place you're buying the property a tourist destination? Narrow this down to city. I can tell you from personal experience that people say they are going to Florida, but that most likely means Orlando or Key West, not Florida as a state. The same applies to Indonesia, most people go to Bali. Hopefully this helps!

melanieps

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 1, 2021
beach resort
Make sure you’re not just investing in a job that is gonna be so complex that you will be trap. I’m also learning about real estate (not an expert here) but I think running a hotel/resort takes a lot of work. I would find everything about hotels and resorts, the services and tourism. What you must do and what can be delegate? Can it be scalable? How many hotels can I own? Do the math, what’s the ROI? Then check the law and locations. The potential for development in the area. Transportation. Security, etc… Study the competition and plan how can you do much better than them. What value are you giving?? Do the work!! Best of luck!

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.