The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building streams of income from scratch

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 6, 2020
Hi, I'm 16 years old, I have learned HTML, CSS and halfway through learning JavaScript. My strategy is to first go on Upwork and earn some money as a front-end web developer. Then invest money which I have earned into Fox's web school and a copywriting course. Then launching my web designing agency and also creating another enterprise applied to C.E.N.T.S

To be continued.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi, I'm 16 years old, I have learned HTML, CSS and halfway through learning JavaScript. My strategy is to first go on Upwork and earn some money as a front-end web developer. Then invest money which I have earned into Fox's web school and a copywriting course. Then launching my web designing agency and also creating another enterprise applied to C.E.N.T.S

To be continued.
Good for you! 16? Holy moly.

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020

To be continued.
Good Luck

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 6, 2020
I have completed learning Javascript. But my plan on doing freelance is going to be delayed for 2 months because I am gonna study for my board exam. Meet you guys soon.

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 6, 2020
My board exams are canceled and I am promoted to the next class due to a raise in C0VlD-19 cases. This year's syllabus is 10x more than the previous year's syllabus, so I don't have much time. I plan to start something within this week and get some sales or have to wait and study for this year.
EDIT: I am doing both, If my business becomes profitable I will drop out, if it failed I will start another while studying.

Last edited:

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
I have completed learning Javascript. But my plan on doing freelance is going to be delayed for 2 months because I am gonna study for my board exam. Meet you guys soon.
Look, all the respect to you, keep up the good work, I'm excited to see you progress and execution. I just want to give you some advice, that I found very valuable.

Be careful about saying things like: "Im halfway done learning X programming language.", "I've complete learning x"

What is 1/2 of JavaScript? What is 1 whole of JavaScript? How do you define that? JavaScript has no units of measurement. In the beginning, as we first start to learn something new, our confidence rises fast, and it seems like we are learning so much... In reality we are just scratching the surface, because in the beginning one big problem is, that you can't know what you don't know. As you learn more in depth, you will discover new knowledge of JavaScript, that eluded you before. The better you will get, the more humbled you will become, and the more you will realize that you know very little, and that it will take you faar far longer to get to what your goal is.

Do not get discouraged when the learning gets more difficult. Every new level requires 10x more effort.

Keep up the grind.

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 6, 2020
Too much school syllabus and my fear that my coding skills will not be of much value in a decade are slowing down my progress.
Should I stop learning to code and find someone with almost any problem and solve that problem?

Last edited:

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Too much school syllabus and my fear that my coding skills will not be of much value in a decade are killing my progress.
Should I stop learning to code and find someone with almost any problem and solve that problem?
Don't stop learning. At a young age you learn a lot faster than later in life.

Technical knowledge of -how- to code is great. You can learn more as you apply it to real problems. Find and research problems and make it a project to solve them with what you are learning. Even if it does not help anyone, you can still add it to your portfolio.

Toyotomi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jun 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Too much school syllabus and my fear that my coding skills will not be of much value in a decade are slowing down my progress.
keep writing shit code till you get paid to write shit code.

I been programming professionally for 4 years with education another 3.

Don't be ashamed of your progress or be discouraged by useless fears.

Coding or people who can solve real problems through automation won't go away in the next few decade.

Most basic stuff will, most email, marketing, database management, service management e.t.c. will but that is a great thing plus someone has to automate those processes away ;)

In short, learn and focus in building than tutorials if you can help it.

You learn more that way and can deliver value on top of it.

Keep your heads-up don't consider yourself too young or old to learn the only limit here is your consistency to learn day to day and your internal drive.

I started it when I was 20ish some started when they where 31 there is no finish line.

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Most basic stuff will, most email, marketing, database management, service management e.t.c. will but that is a great thing plus someone has to automate those processes away ;)
You have some great advice in your post and I appreciated reading it! Building projects is essential.

Though it's hard to say coding will be automated. This is probably one of the last fields to be automated. Law and medicine will probably be automated before that.

Naval Ravikant has a great quote on Twitter, "Coding will be automated when thinking is."

Since the field is always changing, and new tools are always being developed, coding is a direct application of insights into market demand (which is driven by human emotions). For example, the creators of Kubernetes needed a way to deploy large numbers of containers across a lot of machines, something that was cumbersome with Docker. But it required humans to see that there *could* be a need for that.

For the past thirty years, we have been automating processes, but it appears that the more you can automate, the more it frees us up to explore and experiment with ever newer novel ideas. We are always at the Beginning of Infinity.

To add to the advice to our enterprising thread creator, don't get discouraged. Keep up your drive and just don't make excuses. Stick with the people and advice on this forum, at all costs. I can guarantee you that pretty much everyone here envies you for having read all of MJ's books at age 16.

Also, be careful with claims such as you have completed studying JavaScript. Programming is an incredibly vast subject, and even experts regularly must reference documentation, tutorials, blog posts and explainer videos. I might posit that perhaps your ability to code things fast is in direct proportion to how quickly you can source and apply information.

Don't get discouraged; never get discouraged. Keep trying things until you succeed. Keep building things.

Toyotomi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jun 27, 2021
United Kingdom

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 6, 2020
Hi guys, Only one year is left to prepare for JEE (Joint Entrance Examination). So I will be focusing on preparing for it. I will continue my progress in the first of college.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.