The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Build a Fastlane Business in Africa

Léo777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 16, 2022
Hello everyone!
I’m living in a poor country of West Africa. I’m 19 and not independant yet, and notice that it’d be such a rare prowess at that age for most of us to leave the parental yoke. Actually i’m begining my 2nd year of University and feeling like i’m doing that just to have a degree with almost 0 pratical utility.
And for those who can’t figure what it is like here, i’m living in a country the SCRIPT is something deeply rooted in the society, and where branches of study are imposed by some parents. Can’t ever think about dropping out; entrepreneur here still sound like a stupid claim and «réussir» should start by getting the biggest degrees and or joining the civil service...

The point is that after reading the The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted of MJ, I’ve noticed that his models are so american based. Things are at a point that having a pc or an unlimited connexion is a luxury for me. There is mo much ways to go from crap for building «productocracies» in my present situation while there is much much brick and mortar venture opportunities (in real estate for example, actually around the campus university and in agriculture as well). I’m having a lot of ideas but not knowing where to begin any...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yellowist

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
440%
Jun 12, 2022
I don't know much about Western Africa, but what is something that you see people in your area need?
I’m having a lot of ideas but not knowing where to begin any...
What's stopping you from starting?

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
I was reading a book called "the end of the world is just the beginning" that you might find interesting. The author describes a cycle that most countries go through. Anyway, makes me think it might be quite easy to just look at a super late cycle country like something in Europe or even the US and you might be able to literally see your path from that history

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Africa is a resource-rich continent. The rest of the world would benefit from the export of African resources. The difficulty with Africa is the lack of logistics partially due to the lack of adequate transport from the interior of Africa to the coastlines where things can be shipped to the rest of the world.

I know for instance that I am invested in oil and copper exploration in Nambia and Botswana. I also have a supplier who is working with biotechnicians in Tanzania. I don't know where in Africa you live in, but look around you. What can you do to make Africa a richer continent? What in Africa can you sell to the rest of the world?

I don't know the answer, that can be your job.

Léo777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 16, 2022
Africa is a resource-rich continent. The rest of the world would benefit from the export of African resources. The difficulty with Africa is the lack of logistics partially due to the lack of adequate transport from the interior of Africa to the coastlines where things can be shipped to the rest of the world.

I know for instance that I am invested in oil and copper exploration in Nambia and Botswana. I also have a supplier who is working with biotechnicians in Tanzania. I don't know where in Africa you live in, but look around you. What can you do to make Africa a richer continent? What in Africa can you sell to the rest of the world?

I don't know the answer, that can be you job.
Thanks for your opinion.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
You in a French bit or an English bit?

I'm guessing French like Cameroon

Dan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You need capital.

Learn a skill that you can sell online - get certified in something high paying from Google/Microsoft/Amazon... they have certificates that will pay you $50k+ per year and won't take you more than 1-3 months to complete.

Once you're making that sort of money online, save 80% of it... shouldn't be so hard when you're that young and have no family etc. (Don't think about starting a family until you're at least 30 - screw what your parents tell you or what your friends are doing).

After 5 years of saving and research and studying business, you'll have enough capital to start a fast lane business.

There are no short cuts, trust me this is probably the best path for you.

Good luck man.

@Wise

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 21, 2022
Leo77,
That's thoughtful of you starting a business in West Africa is not that easy since I'm from Ghana myself.
Yet I will urge you not to get too attached to the mentality of coming from a poor Country.

First off you need Capital ( you can as well read the books again, keep the environment you live in along while reading you can see a lot of Fastlane business you can tape in)

A quick guide to starting,

Consider local arbitrage ( get to one of those big traditional markets, and source for products relating to shapes and looks waist trainers, vacuum water bottles, etc) Learn Facebook Ads and use them in selling your products.

There are loopholes in our transport systems local farmers find it difficult to bring farm produce to the market you can tap in.
Most of your colleagues are doing business but don't know the relevance of having an online presence you can learn Digital Marketing and help them boost their revenue at a fee.

We can only build successful Fastlane business models if we start by making the small things happen just start something and don't analyze too much about the state of the country, the experience, exposure, lessons, and freedom is what matters!! Love from Ghana.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Hello everyone!
I’m living in a poor country of West Africa. I’m 19 and not independant yet, and notice that it’d be such a rare prowess at that age for most of us to leave the parental yoke. Actually i’m begining my 2nd year of University and feeling like i’m doing that just to have a degree with almost 0 pratical utility.
And for those who can’t figure what it is like here, i’m living in a country the SCRIPT is something deeply rooted in the society, and where branches of study are imposed by some parents. Can’t ever think about dropping out; entrepreneur here still sound like a stupid claim and «réussir» should start by getting the biggest degrees and or joining the civil service...

The point is that after reading the The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted of MJ, I’ve noticed that his models are so american based. Things are at a point that having a pc or an unlimited connexion is a luxury for me. There is mo much ways to go from crap for building «productocracies» in my present situation while there is much much brick and mortar venture opportunities (in real estate for example, actually around the campus university and in agriculture as well). I’m having a lot of ideas but not knowing where to begin any...
What products / resources are produced in your area that are common exports?

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
Hello everyone!

Nice to hear from you!!! Congratulations your one step ahead of your journey??? As you said you read 2 books???? Your at 2 year of university??? In africa is different world. I would suggest you come up with a plan??? Your young you have a long way to go?? Experience!!! Time!! You have none!! You build a base in your brain!! Now just see the world makes money and figure it out slowly!!!

isaacdramera

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 9, 2020
New Jersey
I am African too but I am a student in USA.
I also see where you trying to come from but sometimes I want to go back to African because let me tell you there’s a lot of opportunities to explore there cause the ideas I want to implement here I can do same there and with low cost because of our currency
Right now I have bought 20 hectares for farming ( breeding and farming )
And I have bought 6 lands too to start a real estate business of course it’s not easy but you can always find something to do
look around you
I am asking myself if I should stay here and pilote my project while I’m going to school or I should go back to Africa and build my empire

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
I am African too but I am a student in USA.
I also see where you trying to come from but sometimes I want to go back to African because let me tell you there’s a lot of opportunities to explore there cause the ideas I want to implement here I can do same there and with low cost because of our currency
Right now I have bought 20 hectares for farming ( breeding and farming )
And I have bought 6 lands too to start a real estate business of course it’s not easy but you can always find something to do
look around you
I am asking myself if I should stay here and pilote my project while I’m going to school or I should go back to Africa and build my empire
Nice your on your way!!! Just listen to your gut!! But finish school!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...