The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How my first LOUSY-Fastlane Business started and first steps of my Unscripted Journey.

Idea threads

MarksmanKnowsIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 8, 2023
South Africa, Johannesburg
Hey guys, I'm new here in the Fastlane, I've been reading the book since 2020 when I was doing Grade 11, at the age of 17. Started with The Millionaire Fastlane , which led to Unscripted .

So after finishing school in 2021,[ Grade 12/Matric] I got my first job at 18 last year. I obviously had a Fastlane Mindset, I saved R500 every month for 6 months, which equated to R3000 total. I then bought 3 Bikes for R1000 each. I then started my first Fastlane business. These 3 Bikes, I was renting then TIME BASED, R10 for 1hr, & R100 2days. Most of my clients were school kids, after school they came in bulk for renting these bikes, while I was at work, my brother was running the operation of the bikes, per day, I was making at least R300 from these bikes, obviously the hours and all that. Not bad for a young guy, and luckily Johannesburg is a well developed city in a third world country like South Africa. After making money with this, 2 of my bikes broke down, so I fixed them, week later, all 3 of them broke down, I got frustrated because I wasn't aware that this will need running operation costs, I thought it was a free roam income stream. With these bikes demanding maintenance, and sometimes customers were not coming at all for 5 consecutive days, and I was violating the Commandment of Scale, the Law of Effection and maybe the Need, so as a young guy at that age who lacked patience and a strong why, I got rid of those bikes for some cash, I focused on my work, I was working as a packer in Pick'n'Pay.

So come to this year, 19 years old and jobless, unemployment but full of courage and a strong why, I'm currently studying Artificial Intelligence and studying for CompTIA A+, which I'm planning to take the exams of in January, this will be my way to the IT industry when I'm certified, I will make more connections in the Tech Industry and maybe find problems, and of course undeniable EXPERIENCE, and there's a gap I'm also seeing in the Tech Industry here in SA, and the competition now is no longer against humans that much, but against Fast Technology, I want to launch some software company as I already have Python skills, I recently created a website for my neighbor who's a baker, but when I share this idea with my mates, they tell me that this dream is too big for a person who lives in a third world country, these words from them sometimes sound true when they catch me alone at night, but I'm glad I've shared this idea with fools like them, I don't think they will still it, even though there may be many people amongst the 8Billion people on earth thinking about it.

The purpose of this post is to introduce myself with my process, and also ask for an advice of how can I stay motivated as a teenager in a 3rd World Country. I've at least had a taste of Fastlane business with my bike rentals.

[EXCUSE MY ENGLISH]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Ankrah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 23, 2023
I just recently read MJ’s books and that’s how l decided to join the FastlaneForum and yes I’m from Africa too man, I’m in Ghana if you’re wondering. I don’t really have any means or advices to keep you motivated as I’m not that far from you in age. But all l can say is that focus on your why and solve problems man, cause we Africans knows that there a hell lot of them here. Will love to connect with you by the way bro

MarksmanKnowsIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 8, 2023
I just recently read MJ’s books and that’s how l decided to join the FastlaneForum and yes I’m from Africa too man, I’m in Ghana if you’re wondering. I don’t really have any means or advices to keep you motivated as I’m not that far from you in age. But all l can say is that focus on your why and solve problems man, cause we Africans knows that there a hell lot of them here. Will love to connect with you by the way bro
Thanks for your wonderful words my brother. Hope to connect with more of African Fastlane entrepreneurs, drop me your contacts brother. Thanks.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Jan 14, 2023
Thanks for your wonderful words, my brother. Hope to connect with more of African Fastlane entrepreneurs, drop me your contacts brother. Thanks.
Kindly don't limit yourself to African entrepreneurs here. MJ's books have a universal message for all of us. The difference is in our circumstances.

Just study the threads that resonate with you, and apply the principles to your unique circumstances.For instance, if you cannot run an online store because of your remote location, can you start an offline one?

I am also from Africa, Uganda to be specific and I promise you, if you approach this forum with an open mind, and start doing something today guided by some of the CENTS, you won't recognize yourself after two years.

May good things happen to us.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Kindly don't limit yourself to African entrepreneurs here. MJ's books have a universal message for all of us. The difference is in our circumstances.

Just study the threads that resonate with you, and apply the principles to your unique circumstances.For instance, if you cannot run an online store because of your remote location, can you start an offline one?

I am also from Africa, Uganda to be specific and I promise you, if you approach this forum with an open mind, and start doing something today guided by some of the CENTS, you won't recognize yourself after two years.

It's really great hearing from fellow Africans. Yes, the teachings are definitely universal, however there are often questions I have which tend to wonder how it differs from an American setting or environment. ie. For some reason I feel Americans are much more open minded to new startups & online ones.
I am from Johannesburg, South Africa, and I would say South Africa although is coming around, we are less trusting.

I look forward to hearing more from you guys & your journeys.

PS - I have an online services marketplace business, we have come a long way but still in its infancy at the same time.

MarksmanKnowsIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 8, 2023

Thank you for this reply man. Excuse my absence and late reply. I've just read your threads and they are wonderful. You sound like a well experienced man. Thank you brother.

MarksmanKnowsIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 8, 2023
It's really great hearing from fellow Africans. Yes, the teachings are definitely universal, however there are often questions I have which tend to wonder how it differs from an American setting or environment. ie. For some reason I feel Americans are much more open minded to new startups & online ones.
I am from Johannesburg, South Africa, and I would say South Africa although is coming around, we are less trusting.

I look forward to hearing more from you guys & your journeys.

PS - I have an online services marketplace business, we have come a long way but still in its infancy at the same time.
Thank you for the reply brother. Environment really does play a huge part. Good luck to you and your journey.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Jan 14, 2023
Thank you for this reply man. Excuse my absence and late reply. I've just read your threads and they are wonderful. You sound like a well-experienced man. Thank you, brother.
A woman who is trying to put to an end the belief that you must hold a job to take care of your family.
I am glad you found some inspiration in my progress thread. Kindly start yours and see how committed you will become to pursuing your goals.

Rooting for your success,

Aura.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!