The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boost your daily productivity

Idea threads

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello friends !
Today is a big day for me, I finalized my first version of my Google Chrome extension.
This is an extension to improve concentration and boost productivity.
If you want to take a look: focusLab

And a more detailed presentation :
A complete solution to maximize your productivity without stressing you out.
focusLab boosts daily productivity thanks to a complete productivity eco-system: site blocking, planning, task management, breathing relaxation, soundscape, personalization.
Switch to productivity 2.0 now with focusLab.

Block time-consuming sites :
focusLab allows us to block sites that waste our time with just one click. Once added to the list, the site can no longer be reached as long as the service is activated.

️ Service Planning ⏰ :
The service can be activated and deactivated with one click. However, if you wish to program the service according to your activity schedules, it is also possible for every day of the week at every possible hour.

Sound Background :
Create your own zen bubble with the background sound: birds, beach, crickets, city, storm, rain... Mix as your heart tells you, relax.

✅To Do List ☑️ :
Organization is the most important element for optimal productivity. With the to-do list, keep up to date with current priority projects and tasks and don't forget anything.

Heart Coherence :

Fancy a break? Cardiac coherence allows you to relax in five minutes using your breathing and reduce stress and anxiety naturally. Ideal for taking a break and resuming activities with a relaxed mind.

✨Personalization :
focusLab is entirely adapted to your needs and work rhythms. The "Night" theme will help you work in peace, the theme is adapted to the system and will change according to it by default. Choose the default unlock mode: password or puzzle.
enf2.png
blo1.png
enf.png
Don't hesitate to tell me what you think!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
No one ? :(

McAdam

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jan 11, 2022
Canary Islands
Hey @MaxT

Thanks for posting!

I had a quick look but didn't install it (I will cover why in a bit).

Congratulations on launching! I know the submissions to ChromeStore can take a while and become a royal PITA!

Some questions:
- Are you storing the data in the local instance of the browser? or are you making use of Chrome Sync?
- What is the primary problem you are tying to solve here, seems there are too many little annoyances you're targeting?
- I don't see anything about what happens when you break the rules, or how it helps you, can you clarify that?
- How are you going to monetize this?

Some Feedback:
- There's a lot of "ToDo" apps out there. Someone who already has a system (SaaS with syncing and mobile access) won't switch to you for that feature.
- There's a lot of "Time based site blocking" extensions, what do you do differently?
- The design looks like its a combination of clipart and icons, a little bit too jarring and not very appealing.
- Your messaging is not clear, there's no Hook to grab me. You need to tell me what the app will do for me, without telling me what the app does.
- Your biggest bet would be to think of integrations. A lot of people already have small systems in place for each aspect of this, and by offering integrations you effectively "Unify" their tool stack.

---

This is not a problem that I suffer from, but I do have a few of the elements in place. I need a more synchronized system that goes wide and far, but is also flexible and customizable.

There is a market for tools like this, but you would me more looking at "First Timers" rather than "Experienced People" with a solution like this.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hey @MaxT

Thanks for posting!

I had a quick look but didn't install it (I will cover why in a bit).

Congratulations on launching! I know the submissions to ChromeStore can take a while and become a royal PITA!

Some questions:
- Are you storing the data in the local instance of the browser? or are you making use of Chrome Sync?
- What is the primary problem you are tying to solve here, seems there are too many little annoyances you're targeting?
- I don't see anything about what happens when you break the rules, or how it helps you, can you clarify that?
- How are you going to monetize this?

Some Feedback:
- There's a lot of "ToDo" apps out there. Someone who already has a system (SaaS with syncing and mobile access) won't switch to you for that feature.
- There's a lot of "Time based site blocking" extensions, what do you do differently?
- The design looks like its a combination of clipart and icons, a little bit too jarring and not very appealing.
- Your messaging is not clear, there's no Hook to grab me. You need to tell me what the app will do for me, without telling me what the app does.
- Your biggest bet would be to think of integrations. A lot of people already have small systems in place for each aspect of this, and by offering integrations you effectively "Unify" their tool stack.

---

This is not a problem that I suffer from, but I do have a few of the elements in place. I need a more synchronized system that goes wide and far, but is also flexible and customizable.

There is a market for tools like this, but you would me more looking at "First Timers" rather than "Experienced People" with a solution like this.
Hello and thank you for your feedback,
the process is even less long than on Play Store or Apple Store if you have already tried haha.

- To answer your questions, we use Chrome Sync for the moment, in our v2 we will store everything so that the user can synchronize all his data between each device: pc, smartphones...

- The problem to solve is concentration, many people including me are looking for tools to stay focused on their work to accomplish more and faster. focusLab helps bring that.

- For example, when you go to a site that you have added to your list, a blocking page will appear, it will simply block your access to the site. The idea is to add all the sites that distract you: social networks, youtube, memes... to focus on your projects. Of course, you can program the duration of activities to access blocked sites.

- We are going to monetize it with a yearly subscription, which is much cheaper than the competition and which is already much more valuable. We have created a unique productivity system for our users, whether to optimize their productivity, relax them, or create a zen atmosphere, organize them in their tasks, etc.

For your feedback, I understand what you mean, the idea is precisely to create a unique work ecosystem. The user will have everything in one place: task management, breathing exercise, atmosphere to work quietly and to relax, and of course all the tools necessary to optimize his productivity.
As for the design and the catchphrase/marketing, I recognize that it's not really our strength at the moment ahah, we will improve over time.
Synchronization will happen and it will be one of our strengths in the future. All the tools will also be reviewed and improved so that it is easy to access and customizable to the maximum, in order to adapt to the maximum number of people in need.
Thank you very much for your feedback ;)

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
congrats for launching. Don’t give up and keep going.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
congrats for launching. Don’t give up and keep going.
Thank you very much for your message it makes me happy, good luck to you in your projects too and don't give up ;)

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Hello friends !
Today is a big day for me, I finalized my first version of my Google Chrome extension.
This is an extension to improve concentration and boost productivity.
If you want to take a look: focusLab

And a more detailed presentation :
A complete solution to maximize your productivity without stressing you out.
focusLab boosts daily productivity thanks to a complete productivity eco-system: site blocking, planning, task management, breathing relaxation, soundscape, personalization.
Switch to productivity 2.0 now with focusLab.

Block time-consuming sites :
focusLab allows us to block sites that waste our time with just one click. Once added to the list, the site can no longer be reached as long as the service is activated.

️ Service Planning ⏰ :
The service can be activated and deactivated with one click. However, if you wish to program the service according to your activity schedules, it is also possible for every day of the week at every possible hour.

Sound Background :
Create your own zen bubble with the background sound: birds, beach, crickets, city, storm, rain... Mix as your heart tells you, relax.

✅To Do List ☑️ :
Organization is the most important element for optimal productivity. With the to-do list, keep up to date with current priority projects and tasks and don't forget anything.

Heart Coherence :
Fancy a break? Cardiac coherence allows you to relax in five minutes using your breathing and reduce stress and anxiety naturally. Ideal for taking a break and resuming activities with a relaxed mind.

✨Personalization :
focusLab is entirely adapted to your needs and work rhythms. The "Night" theme will help you work in peace, the theme is adapted to the system and will change according to it by default. Choose the default unlock mode: password or puzzle.
View attachment 42879
View attachment 42878
View attachment 42877
Don't hesitate to tell me what you think!

Why did you decide to create your own rather than use existing solutions?

Before I even check it, what is the new game you are creating and how do you stand out? What are others doing and how are you doing things better/differently?

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Why did you decide to create your own rather than use existing solutions?

Before I even check it, what is the new game you are creating and how do you stand out? What are others doing and how are you doing things better/differently?
Simply because the others didn't have everything I wanted the way I wanted and in the same place.
We stand out by offering a complete ecosystem to improve productivity, it's not a simple extension to block sites, not a todolist extension, but an extension that brings together all the tools to improve and produce work of quality while being fulfilled.
As for the others, they each fulfill a specific task: todolist, site blocking, music... we have grouped together the essentials.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Simply because the others didn't have everything I wanted the way I wanted and in the same place.
We stand out by offering a complete ecosystem to improve productivity, it's not a simple extension to block sites, not a todolist extension, but an extension that brings together all the tools to improve and produce work of quality while being fulfilled.
As for the others, they each fulfill a specific task: todolist, site blocking, music... we have grouped together the essentials.

Super. Thanks for elaborating. So here is my feedback; keep in mind that I don't think I am your target market, but:

1. Todo: I use todoist and pay for their premium plan. It has too many advantages over a chrome extension. I can access my tasks from my phone or mac, and it has a two-way sync with my calendar. Using your extension for my to-do will add too much friction to my flow.

2. Kinda follow up on the previous point. It is difficult to buy into the "productivity ecosystem" angle when it seems to reside on a browser and not much more.

3. Blocking destructive websites can be advantageous. The only issue is that you are in a commodity market here. There are more established solutions that most will default to like Stayfocusd. They have a cleaner and more attractive look.

4. Part of your offer is not clear. I have to think too much to decide if the extension is useful to me:
- What is service planning? What does it do to my productivity?
- heart coherence? I don't know what that is and how it will make me productive.
- Sound background, soundscape? you lost me there too.

I agree with @McAdam. The current version doesn't stand out on its own. All the small things you tackle have apps that handle them very well. In addition, there are options to integrate those small systems. And that makes what you are offering not compete. Aggregating stuff my be a better approach.

Show me upcoming google calendar meetings and my task from todoist when I try to visit a distracting site, and you are starting to get my attention.

One thing I am finding more interesting is the idea of managing your time based on your energy level, rather than managing your time. That can be an avenue for you to open a small niche.

Act, assess, adjust. Prop for taking action already. Keep going!

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Super. Thanks for elaborating. So here is my feedback; keep in mind that I don't think I am your target market, but:

1. Todo: I use todoist and pay for their premium plan. It has too many advantages over a chrome extension. I can access my tasks from my phone or mac, and it has a two-way sync with my calendar. Using your extension for my to-do will add too much friction to my flow.

2. Kinda follow up on the previous point. It is difficult to buy into the "productivity ecosystem" angle when it seems to reside on a browser and not much more.

3. Blocking destructive websites can be advantageous. The only issue is that you are in a commodity market here. There are more established solutions that most will default to like Stayfocusd. They have a cleaner and more attractive look.

4. Part of your offer is not clear. I have to think too much to decide if the extension is useful to me:
- What is service planning? What does it do to my productivity?
- heart coherence? I don't know what that is and how it will make me productive.
- Sound background, soundscape? you lost me there too.

I agree with @McAdam. The current version doesn't stand out on its own. All the small things you tackle have apps that handle them very well. In addition, there are options to integrate those small systems. And that makes what you are offering not compete. Aggregating stuff my be a better approach.

Show me upcoming google calendar meetings and my task from todoist when I try to visit a distracting site, and you are starting to get my attention.

One thing I am finding more interesting is the idea of managing your time based on your energy level, rather than managing your time. That can be an avenue for you to open a small niche.

Act, assess, adjust. Prop for taking action already. Keep going!
Yes I understood that, but it's always good to have feedback.
I understand and it is true that it is very practical, when our synchro will be installed you will be able to do the same thing. And the extension is the first step, in the near future there will be Android and iOS application, as well as Windows and Mac software. I have already developed for these 4 platforms so it will be faster too.
StayFocusd does the job I agree, but it doesn't have the features we have, its core business is site blocking, not us.
As for clarity, it's true that I agree, it lacks a little more detailed tutorial on the first launch. The one we have at the moment is content with the essentials, but each module is explained when you click on it so it comes to the same thing in the end.
Google Calendar can also be interesting indeed, however not everyone uses this tool to organize themselves so should all the tools be integrated?
The time/energy ratio is complex to program but the idea may be interesting.
Thank you very much for your return, it's great to have feedback :) .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.