The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
out of curiosity, has anyone used or is using syrup pools on pancake swap? I am doing my own research on how they exactly work. But Im curious to see if its worth to even put currency into these and just have them restake over time. Also is are syrup pools something you only do when you have large amounts of currency put it so the 5% yeild or however much it is is worth it? kinda like how MJ said in TMF that compound interest is only worth it only when you have alot of money and need to put it somewhere, where you can make every month off of it.

LPing carries lots of risks. Lookup and try to understand impermanent loss. There are simulators out there as well to help you forecast different scenarios and calculate impermanent loss risks.

If you understand it, and can intelligently measure your risk/reward then go ahead. If you don't understand impermanent loss or you feel iffy about the topic - stay very far away from LPing.

Some protocols, like Bancor for example, offer what's called single sided LPing with IL (impermanent loss) protection. It's a more advanced AMM (automated market maker) mechanism but it has a lot less risk involved in providing liquidity. Unfortunately, most Bancor pools are full and smartcontracts are constantly monitoring the pools to algorithmically add liquidity when pool space opens up.

*EDIT: this does not even include protocol or smart contract risks. There are several points of possible failure. Locking funds in a liquidity pool is no joke - it requires serious vetting imo.

Food for thought: read stories of failures/hacks on REKT news to gain some perspective. Saying all of this, not to scare you, but to make you take a hard look at the technicals in order to educate yourself and have a better understanding of the underlying risks.

Clicking around on web3 is easy - making winning/losing also very easy. The right click makes you rich, the wrong one can lead to serious damage to your wealth.

*EDIT: tagging @Kevin88660 because he is experienced in yield farming on BSC. He might be able to offer more hands on insight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
LPing carries lots of risks. Lookup and try to understand impermanent loss. There are simulators out there as well to help you forecast different scenarios and calculate impermanent loss risks.

If you understand it, and can intelligently measure your risk/reward then go ahead. If you don't understand impermanent loss or you feel iffy about the topic - stay very far away from LPing.

Some protocols, like Bancor for example, offer what's called single sided LPing with IL (impermanent loss) protection. It's a more advanced AMM (automated market maker) mechanism but it has a lot less risk involved in providing liquidity. Unfortunately, most Bancor pools are full and smartcontracts are constantly monitoring the pools to algorithmically add liquidity when pool space opens up.

*EDIT: this does not even include protocol or smart contract risks. There are several points of possible failure. Locking funds in a liquidity pool is no joke - it requires serious vetting imo.

Food for thought: read stories of failures/hacks on REKT news to gain some perspective. Saying all of this, not to scare you, but to make you take a hard look at the technicals in order to educate yourself and have a better understanding of the underlying risks.

Clicking around on web3 is easy - making winning/losing also very easy. The right click makes you rich, the wrong one can lead to serious damage to your wealth.

*EDIT: tagging @Kevin88660 because he is experienced in yield farming on BSC. He might be able to offer more hands on insight.
Appreciate the advice,
Also im currently reading an article on Impermanent loss in simple terms from what i understand LPs must at and equal ratio in order for them to work. So if i as the Liquidity provider give 1 ETH and 100 USDC its a 50/50 ratio because its even. So if there were 10 ETH and 1000 USDC you would get 10% of the pool which you can cash out in tokens. Now the part where i kinda got confused was it said impermanent loss happens when the ratio in the LP becomes uneven. Is this because the price of ETH for example goes from 100 to 200? and the cryptos volatility? so wouldn't there constantly be impermanent loss since there is no crypto that is constantly at a price and doesn't fluctuate? or does it depend on how much you put it at the beginning. It also said it can happen depending on the amount of liquidity providers in a LP. so does that mean if there is an odd number of Liquidity providers it can also cause this?

sorry for the multiple questions
Edit: I see that you can use stable-coins which lowers the risk and it depends on if you use a crypto that is volatile. as well it can be affected by the amount of tokens in the pool. as well as the LP providers

Last edited:

vivian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 8, 2021
I agree that leverage trading might be not a good idea. But can you please explain how investing into cryptocurrency (I am not talking about businesses based on crypto) satisfies CENTS and especially the Commandment of Control? I think that crypto can be an opportunity for winning the Slowlane. Yet, in my opinion, crypto is not Fastlane at all.
Holding in the short term is a good choice! Is the first choice for investmentists! But digital currency will be recognized by more and more countries!

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
@AceVentures The more I look into Lukso the more I realise how undervalued this coin currently is compared to others. Especially now that the NFT space is starting to explode and everything that will be build in the space in the coming years. Still not hearing much about it, although I expect that to change soon.

Looking at the some of the original Ethereum crew:

Ethereum (Vitalik): $385B
Polkadot (Gavin): $28B
Cardano (Charles): $76B
Lukso (Fabian): $203M

I'm curious to see how the supply unlock will affect the price once mainnet launches.

Only +- 9000 Lukso holders at the moment.

1631289621196.png

Last edited:

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
I think that even Cardano is undervalued but Lukso indeed sounds very promising. What do you think about Portion (PRT)?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I'm curious to see how the supply unlock will affect the price once mainnet launches.

In my estimation - it will not result in a decrease in prices. And the security budget is not meant to be distributed quickly, it is meant to fund the growth of the network for decades to come, so the circulating supply will not inflate the same as some of these other networks with massive emissions.

My thesis remains the same: price after mainnet > price before mainnet. This is how I have capped my downside scenario, but also remain completely OK with a further 90% drop in prices.

The demand for this network is what I am investing in. Demand for a powerful abstraction such as the new ERC725, running on an EVM with all the capabilities currently developed and in future development for ETH, running the ETH2.0 technology stack, shard ready, will lead to massive consumption of blockspace on this network.

Validating this network = selling valuable blockspace that encompasses much broader smart-contract use-cases.

Thus, validating this network = significant earnings potential.

This is how I will be funding my life, and all awhile maintaining my underlying tokens for years and years to come.

Crypto, just like the internet, is brand spanking new in the history of civilization - and it remains imo one of the most important and powerful mechanisms for human beings to achieve consensus and perform transparent interactions with each other.

The true benefits of permanence, transparency, and universal standards as building blocks is NOT understood and fully appreciated.

In the following years, this fact will become more and more apparent.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Take for example a network like Ethereum - currently "gas fees" or the fee you as a user must pay in order to interact with this economy has exploded and remains high, even amidst a BURNING of supply. Last week, for example, the net issuance of ETH was NEGATIVE, even with PoW issuance mechanisms. Demand for blockspace has been so high that the network can sufficiently manage it's security budget AND have so much left over it can afford to burn it.

You can use something like Watch The Burn to observe how this phenomenon is manifesting in real time. Since going live on August 5, so a little over a month ago, the network has burned the equivalent of ~900M worth of ETH. So in 1month, almost 1billion dollars worth of ETH has been taken out of circulation forever.

This is an example of what happens when demand for blockspace exceeds security budget.

1631294299564.png

Despite what you may hear about high gas fees being deadly, this is in practice not a "problem" for ETH the network. It simply shows you how valuable this economy is - and the more this network grows, the more "expensive" vs the USD economy it will appear to average consumers. Many are already migrating to L2 networks such as Arbitrum and Optimism in order to transact in bundles using other consensus mechanisms such as Proof of Claims, in order to still maintain the same security as the ETH L1, but still continue to transact at reduced fees.

This behavior of high-gas fees we are seeing is akin to a poor country trying to spend their currency in a much richer country. Take the Venezuelan Bolivar and try to spend it in Kuwait - you will feel like the "transaction fees" are ridiculous and unsustainable. This is not a problem for Kuwait, it is a problem for people that hold Bolivar.

Madara

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 18, 2019
Keep an eye on ATOM Cosmos people. I think this coin will explode once the market rebounds or possibly before. Really good project and the technicals on the chart look very promising.

Currently around the $26 - $27 range

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks, all dependant on if bitcoin stabilises/rebounds or decides to dump again
cosmos.PNG

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Wouter

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
@AceVentures Like I mentioned before, I really appreciate you sharing your insight on here.

I first got into Bitcoin in 2013. I'm getting in the 'beginner's mindset' here to lay a solid foundation for my understanding of the broader crypto ecosystem, especially on the technical side.

I've looked into many other 'alts' but they really aren't interesting to me. A lot of the coins in the space are straight junk. Even Shiba Inu coin has a multi billion dollar market cap smh.

From my research so far, LUKSO seems to have a lot of potential in the years to come with actual use cases, so I'm trying to wrap my head around it as best as I can.

Thus, validating this network = significant earnings potential.

Would you mind expanding on this more? How would you go about doing this? Are the criteria for validating the network known already since mainnet hasn't launched yet?

And in general, what approach would you recommend to A) learn more about LUKSO B) start getting involved in LUKSO?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Would you mind expanding on this more? How would you go about doing this? Are the criteria for validating the network known already since mainnet hasn't launched yet?

Staking is the mechanism for validating the network under Proof of Stake consensus. It is akin to running a "mining rig" albeit the way it works is you put your tokens up as stake in order to validate the network. I have attached the Casper FFG consensus mechanism paper for you to dig a little deeper if you want to understand the exact mechanism. This is the same consensus mechanism ETH2.0 will be using.

In fact, the LUKSO network will be using all ETH based components (Geth execution engine + CasperFFG consensus mechanism). In the LUKSO network, these will be called the Pandora execution engine and the Vanguard Consensus Mechanism. The below diagram is a simplified overview of the mechanisms involved in how the engine operates.

1631381989436.png

The exact criteria for validating the network have not been announced but expected to be announced at the L16 testnet launch. An update was posted by Fabian on the state of the L16 testnet launch on July 28th.

Many are speculating on the validation requirements, but if we assume ETH2.0 design principles, then 32LYX is what you would need to run a node. So if you have 3200 Lyx, that would be 100 nodes you can operate. But this is still not officially confirmed so take it with a grain of salt.

And in general, what approach would you recommend to A) learn more about LUKSO B) start getting involved in LUKSO?

A) To learn more about LUKSO here is what you can do:

1. Read thru the Official website and dig thru the whitepaper
2. Read the Official Medium Articles
3. If you understand code - or if you're simply curious, you can dig thru the official GitHub repos
4. I personally find this Telegram Archive which is built and managed by the community to be an excellent source of recent-most information with all kinds of links to articles, interviews, and short clips that drive the point

B) To start getting involved:

1. Stay up to date with LUKSO's main Twitter profile
2. Join the official Discord server
3. Join a LUKSO community - I recommend this Telegram group because it contains many veteran contributors
4. Follow some of the community contributors on Twitter to stay plugged into the latest.

In no particular order, here are some members I personally follow:

https://twitter.com/m_h_d_v (this is Marjorie Hernandez - she is Fabian's wife and co-founder of LUKSO)
https://twitter.com/feindura (this is Fabian's official twitter)
https://twitter.com/Luksolukson
https://twitter.com/Alts_Anonymous
https://twitter.com/liminalspread
https://twitter.com/LUKACACIC
https://twitter.com/luksogood
https://twitter.com/DexGemsReal
https://twitter.com/selbydafox

I do not vouch for any of these members or what they shill - simply trying to curate you a list of people I've personally known for several months now to have been positive contributors that understand the vision and the technology stack pretty well.

From there, you can continue to dig and find additional resources, make new friends, contribute to ideas/projects you are passionate about, and get your hands dirty.

You now have access to the same resources I use at this point. All the best my friend!

Attachments

• Casper FFG.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Wouter

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
Staking is the mechanism for validating the network under Proof of Stake consensus. It is akin to running a "mining rig" albeit the way it works is you put your tokens up as stake in order to validate the network. I have attached the Casper FFG consensus mechanism paper for you to dig a little deeper if you want to understand the exact mechanism. This is the same consensus mechanism ETH2.0 will be using.

In fact, the LUKSO network will be using all ETH based components (Geth execution engine + CasperFFG consensus mechanism). In the LUKSO network, these will be called the Pandora execution engine and the Vanguard Consensus Mechanism. The below diagram is a simplified overview of the mechanisms involved in how the engine operates.

View attachment 39858

The exact criteria for validating the network have not been announced but expected to be announced at the L16 testnet launch. An update was posted by Fabian on the state of the L16 testnet launch on July 28th.

Many are speculating on the validation requirements, but if we assume ETH2.0 design principles, then 32LYX is what you would need to run a node. So if you have 3200 Lyx, that would be 100 nodes you can operate. But this is still not officially confirmed so take it with a grain of salt.

A) To learn more about LUKSO here is what you can do:

1. Read thru the Official website and dig thru the whitepaper
2. Read the Official Medium Articles
3. If you understand code - or if you're simply curious, you can dig thru the official GitHub repos
4. I personally find this Telegram Archive which is built and managed by the community to be an excellent source of recent-most information with all kinds of links to articles, interviews, and short clips that drive the point

B) To start getting involved:

1. Stay up to date with LUKSO's main Twitter profile
2. Join the official Discord server
3. Join a LUKSO community - I recommend this Telegram group because it contains many veteran contributors
4. Follow some of the community contributors on Twitter to stay plugged into the latest.

In no particular order, here are some members I personally follow:

https://twitter.com/m_h_d_v (this is Marjorie Hernandez - she is Fabian's wife and co-founder of LUKSO)
https://twitter.com/feindura (this is Fabian's official twitter)
https://twitter.com/Luksolukson
https://twitter.com/Alts_Anonymous
https://twitter.com/liminalspread
https://twitter.com/LUKACACIC
https://twitter.com/luksogood
https://twitter.com/DexGemsReal
https://twitter.com/selbydafox

I do not vouch for any of these members or what they shill - simply trying to curate you a list of people I've personally known for several months now to have been positive contributors that understand the vision and the technology stack pretty well.

From there, you can continue to dig and find additional resources, make new friends, contribute to ideas/projects you are passionate about, and get your hands dirty.

You now have access to the same resources I use at this point. All the best my friend!

I'm looking for an in-depth technical whitepaper. Something that is to the point (and printer-friendly). So far I've only found the 'Technical Lightpaper', do you know of any other resources like this, preferably a little longer?

Madara

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 18, 2019
Keep an eye on ATOM Cosmos people. I think this coin will explode once the market rebounds or possibly before. Really good project and the technicals on the chart look very promising.

Currently around the $26 - $27 range

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks, all dependant on if bitcoin stabilises/rebounds or decides to dump again
View attachment 39848
So far, so good
cosmos gain.PNG

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

For sure man. I keep saying I haven't been this excited about something since first jumping into BTC. The cohmmunity is just awesome. There is a vote out to bring OHM to Arbitrum too. Things are really moving now and it's still only getting started.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
For sure man. I keep saying I haven't been this excited about something since first jumping into BTC. The cohmmunity is just awesome. There is a vote out to bring OHM to Arbitrum too. Things are really moving now and it's still only getting started.

After months of studying and using DeFi, I've simplified my bets on how to capture upside in this space:

1. Investment in base settlement layer upon which majority of DeFi use is transacted upon (mainly ETH atm where there is the largest TVL WITH velocity (please note dormant TVL is not a good sign, in fact is a bad sign of simple yield farming with no real user activity))

2. Investment in DeFi reserve assets upon which, again, a majority of DeFi demand will come from (things like OHM with its diversified reserves of decentralized assets and UST which piggy backs it's stability off of the Terra networks economy). Those using USDC or even DAI ought to think twice - if regulators go after Circle, your stables can see a lot of volatility off-peg and make you very uncomfortable.

3. Investment in oracle solutions like LINK - DeFi relies on a diversified set of price-feeds and unique mechanisms to ensure efficient and unbiased delivery of the data. This will not change - and LINK has a massive monopoly in oracle solutions. They even have a partnership with SWIFT :eek:

Investment in DEXs imo is also not a winning strategy at the moment, because DEXs simply act as a front-end with some simple LP curves as smart-contracts rigged to some settlement layer. Again, the real value is in the risk LPs take on, and the DEX offers next to nothing in risk. So for governance tokens like UNI to command such a high price makes me wince - the UNI token generates no income, and is currently used by DAO whales to pass spending proposals using the treasury, thus dumping UNI into the market at the expense of holders. The situation might change - but at the moment I stay away from governance tokens that don't generate income.

Last edited:

bitcoins

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 28, 2017
USA
After months of studying and using DeFi, I've simplified my bets on how to capture upside in this space:

1. Investment in base settlement layer upon which majority of DeFi use is transacted upon (mainly ETH atm where there is the largest TVL WITH velocity (please note dormant TVL is not a good sign, in fact is a bad sign of simple yield farming with no real user activity))

2. Investment in DeFi reserve assets upon which, again, a majority of DeFi demand will come from (things like OHM with its diversified reserves of decentralized assets and UST which piggy backs it's stability off of the Terra networks economy). Those using USDC or even DAI ought to think twice - if regulators go after Circle, your stables can see a lot of volatility off-peg and make you very uncomfortable.

3. Investment in oracle solutions like LINK - DeFi relies on a diversified set of price-feeds and unique mechanisms to ensure efficient and unbiased delivery of the data. This will not change - and LINK has a massive monopoly in oracle solutions. They even have a partnership with SWIFT :eek:

Investment in DEXs imo is also not a winning strategy at the moment, because DEXs simply act as a front-end with some simple LP curves as smart-contracts rigged to some settlement layer. Again, the real value is in the risk LPs take on, and the DEX offers next to nothing in risk. So for governance tokens like UNI to command such a high price makes me wince - the UNI token generates no income, and is currently used by DAO whales to pass spending proposals using the treasury, thus dumping UNI into the market at the expense of holders. The situation might change - but at the moment I stay away from governance tokens that don't generate income.
Chainlink is massively undervalued at the moment. Things will change come 2023. Most of DeFi now is very unstable, overinflated projects just one bug away from disaster. The major projects that will survive in crypto land a few years from now, are the ones with entire ecosystems that they're supporting: Cardano, Solana, Polkadot, Chainlink, Algorand, etc.

I had an interview with Chainlink last year, left incredibly impressed. Have been monitoring them closely since.

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
Ok here's a solid set of resources for all things related to LUKSO. Keep this channel at hand and review frequently as the community updates this archive with the latest and greatest. I believe the interview as well as questions about token distribution are addressed in this archive.

Telegram: Contact @luskoarchive

Not officially but In LUKSO's teaser of the app there are many clues as to what brands will likely be using the network. Read the following article one of the community members wrote today - it goes over the LUKSO digital wallet app which is to be released at mainnet.

Sneak Peak of the article:

View attachment 39585
View attachment 39586

I am not DCAing in or out - I subscribe to the idea that holding+staking is the strategy.

Here's a quick overview of what things can look like with staking:

Imagine a $1M portfolio size. a 10% staking reward yields $100k/year in token rewards. Assuming lukso prices do not go up, that is still a sizeable $100k/year income strictly from validating the network (gloriously satisfies commandment of time).

If the underlying skyrockets 10x - your now $10M portfolio size with perhaps a more competitive validator landscape yielding a 6% staking reward now nets you $600k/year income. Again, you never have to sell the underlying.

Now assume you want to do something with that accrued wealth. Solution? Borrow against it.

$1M out of your $10M portfolio of LUKSO can be used as collateral, and you can take a safe $100k loan against this collateral. In fact, you can use self-paying loans to do this. Meaning you put your $1M lukso as collateral, and you borrow $100k cash to use for whatever you wish. Your $1M collateral is used by the self-paying-loan-protocol across safe-yield assets, using the yield to pay off your own debt. Whenever the loan is paid off by the protocol, your $1M collateral is released back to you from the smart-contract. This idea is relatively new - the essence is that you can "front" future yield today.

If the price of the underlying skyrockets even more, you have never needed to sell and you can reap the long-term benefits that come from participating in an exponentiating network. In the interim, you had staking rewards as income and you were able to borrow against the underlying for large purchases if you had wished to do so.

And that, my friend, is the SIMPLEST form of playing the game. Next up would be to use the LUKSO you have and create businesses around it. You could become your own "gas-station" that offers to pay for users transaction costs across the network in exchange for them to perhaps view an add, or perhaps subscribe to a newsletter, or any other campaign you wish to execute. Human capital and attention in exchange for transaction costs across the network.

There are more emerging business models but this is where my head is at currently.

@AceVentures, thank you a lot for your insights. Because of your posts, I have decided to join the crypto world.
I am noob at this time but I just bought some BTC and ETH and ADA to start learning. Created a wallet and looking for a hardware wallet (trezor from what I was researching to keep my coins).
Now I was searching how to buy LUKSO, and still reading (Haven't figure it out yet). Just wanted to say that I appreciate that you invest your time to teach others.
Thank you.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
@AceVentures, thank you a lot for your insights. Because of your posts, I have decided to join the crypto world.
I am noob at this time but I just bought some BTC and ETH and ADA to start learning. Created a wallet and looking for a hardware wallet (trezor from what I was researching to keep my coins).
Now I was searching how to buy LUKSO, and still reading (Haven't figure it out yet). Just wanted to say that I appreciate that you invest your time to teach others.
Thank you.
Look at coinmarketcap, Lukso is traded (f.e., you see the markets near the bottom) on uniswap. You need WETH for it. Buy Weth on the exchange and transfer it to your wallet. Open uniswap. Connect your wallet to uniswap. Change Weth for Lukso. Now you have Lukso in your wallet

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
Look at coinmarketcap, Lukso is traded (f.e., you see the markets near the bottom) on uniswap. You need WETH for it. Buy Weth on the exchange and transfer it to your wallet. Open uniswap. Connect your wallet to uniswap. Change Weth for Lukso. Now you have Lukso in your wallet
Thank you Ing. So it seems that I need to have a metamask wallet. My wallet was created initially on coinflux. So I guess I must transfer the ETH that I have to metamask. I am reading this article which to learn how to do it (How to participate in LUKSO’s reversible ICO using MetaMask ). Looks so advanced, but I will take the time necessary to try to understand as much as I can. Thank you for the reply. It means a lot.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Thank you Ing. So it seems that I need to have a metamask wallet. My wallet was created initially on coinflux. So I guess I must transfer the ETH that I have to metamask. I am reading this article which to learn how to do it (How to participate in LUKSO’s reversible ICO using MetaMask ). Looks so advanced, but I will take the time necessary to try to understand as much as I can. Thank you for the reply. It means a lot.

This article is outdated and only applies to the ICO. To swap coins, use Ing's description. Swapping fees are pretty high though(like $50), so be aware of that.

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
This article is outdated and only applies to the ICO. To swap coins, use Ing's description. Swapping fees are pretty high though(like $50), so be aware of that.
Thank you for the input. I will go with the Ing steps. I saw on uniswap that I can choose ETH to swap for Lukso. So I do not need to change ETH in WETH. So the steps as I see them now are:
1. Use metamask wallet (where I will receive the ETH from my blochchain info wallet)
2. Swap the ETH for Lukso and the LUKSO will remain in metamask wallet.

Do you guys store these coins/altcoins on a hardware wallet or is it safe to keep in metamask for example?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Thank you for the input. I will go with the Ing steps. I saw on uniswap that I can choose ETH to swap for Lukso. So I do not need to change ETH in WETH. So the steps as I see them now are:
1. Use metamask wallet (where I will receive the ETH from my blochchain info wallet)
2. Swap the ETH for Lukso and the LUKSO will remain in metamask wallet.

Do you guys store these coins/altcoins on a hardware wallet or is it safe to keep in metamask for example?

I've known veterans in this space that got hacked and their wealth drained. Nobody is immune to getting wrecked.

Always store in your own hardware wallet. Not on an exchange, not on a metamask account, but on your own hardware wallet.

Your hardware wallet can connect to metamask, and dapps used the same way. But this way, no tx can be executed unless you first sign the tx on your device.

The blockchain user experience will change for the better as we move forward, and blockchains like lukso will help in abstracting keypair management. But for now, hardware wallets are your safest bet.

These are the most important baby steps you make in this space. Do not ignore this fundamental step.

Last edited:

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Is anyone of you familiar with the cryptocurrency laws in China? Since August, lots of crypto influencers have been shadow-banned on the Chinese social media platform TikTok due to advertising for "criminal" and / or "regulated" activities. In my opinion this might definitely bring some memecoins down.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Worry less about regulators, focus more on understanding, using and building out the technology.

Regulators can moan and scream all they want - but they can't prevent you from connecting your wallet to the internet and engaging with a 24/7 open economy.

Once you understand this, you realize the whole "regulatory" fear is just an illusion to delay the inevitable.

Get your funds out of legacy systems, get them secured in long-lasting and highly decentralized blockchains, and the rest is all gravy. If regulators come out and prevent you from exchanging back into fiat, what will happen and is already happening is more and more businesses are opening up their own payment rails that connect to blockchains.

In the very near future, you will never need to exit to fiat, you can just use stablecoins if you want to dampen volatility, and you can practically spend using whatever token you want in exchange for a growing number of products/services.

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
I'm looking for an in-depth technical whitepaper. Something that is to the point (and printer-friendly). So far I've only found the 'Technical Lightpaper', do you know of any other resources like this, preferably a little longer?
@AceVentures I need your expertise on Lukso. I've considered throwing in some eth, but before I do that there are some things I must understand. Personally, I found both the lightpaper and the whitepaper quite disappointing. Aside from introducing Lukso as a domain-specific blockchain, I couldn't find much about any new technical advancements compared to for example Ethereum.

That said, as a domain-specific blockchain focusing on NFTs, they have a goddamn mighty advisory board. That alone may be enough for LYXE to currently be undervalued, but then again I also see Ethereum 2.0 as a very strong competitor as ETH 2.0 fees will be much lower compared to today's fees. Due to how it's branded, I definitely can see Lukso succeeding in capturing many high profiled companies (as they already seem to be doing).

I want to know what technical advancements Lukso will provide that Eth 2.0 won't. So, my question: can you point me in the right direction, so that I can read up on the technical details of Lukso?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
@AceVentures I need your expertise on Lukso. I've considered throwing in some eth, but before I do that there are some things I must understand. Personally, I found both the lightpaper and the whitepaper quite disappointing. Aside from introducing Lukso as a domain-specific blockchain, I couldn't find much about any new technical advancements compared to for example Ethereum.

That said, as a domain-specific blockchain focusing on NFTs, they have a goddamn mighty advisory board. That alone may be enough for LYXE to currently be undervalued, but then again I also see Ethereum 2.0 as a very strong competitor as ETH 2.0 fees will be much lower compared to today's fees. Due to how it's branded, I definitely can see Lukso succeeding in capturing many high profiled companies (as they already seem to be doing).

I want to know what technical advancements Lukso will provide that Eth 2.0 won't. So, my question: can you point me in the right direction, so that I can read up on the technical details of Lukso?

GitHub repo until dev team/Fabian posts medium articles breaking down the architecture more.

Here is the big picture:

Every executable line that goes to the Geth engine needs to be processed. Gas is used for computation. Think about JavaScript as an example vs an EVM - it has a call stack (mempool), a heap with stored memory (blockchain + user input), and a ticker.

What LUKSO is building is an ETH2.0 EVM, before ETH2.0 goes live. In addition to PoS for faster throughput, the LUKSO orchestrator, in conjunction with the validator node, call stack, and PoS ledger, can tick faster using a set of standards and tooling with more pre-built functions than existing standards.

Think about a JS class like the DOM. This object has so many goddamn pre-built methods and inherits from many other classes. Think about the new tooling and standards on the LUKSO engine as specific JS classes built and optimized for certain functions designed for the use and engagement of identities, fashion, ecommerce, gaming, etc.

I cast a broad net of possibilities, because what is enabled inside the smart-contract, or the method it inherits, is an executable function INSIDE the contract. This paves the way to dynamic smart-contracts with a whole host of *new ways of interacting.

Trying to use existing tooling and standards on ETH for the same functionality enabled by LUKSO's standards would be incredibly gas-consuming AKA computationally taxing.

That is the big picture and the extent to which my technical sensibility has allowed me to conceptualize.

Last edited:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Another important consideration for everybody out there: an EVM can be it's entire own economy, as evidenced by BSC and other emerging side-chains.

There can exist a massive domain called ETH that uses an EVM.

There can also exist many other domains and networks called XYZ that also use an EVM.

The technology underpinning the network is simply a computer - and the computer is open-source.

Any EVM could come out with it's own standards and build a massive network.

Just like anybody can pick up JavaScript and the host of open-source tooling to create a brand new social platform with it's own unique value proposition. They all benefit from and use the same infrastructure, similar to how many web2.0 software benefits from JavaScript + OS tooling. This does not mean the FIRST project built using JavaScript is the best one.

I reckon with the tooling and blockchain abstraction functionalities that comes with the LUKSO EVM, it can onboard many many users to its network by turning everything into a web2.0 format paired with relay networks that manage back-end operations against the ledger.

The network size and distribution is a key indicator to the success of these other economies, and UX is the main bottleneck towards network growth. Incentive structures and monetization routes are all there. What's missing is identities and an abstraction of the current rails for ease of use of the masses.

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
I've known veterans in this space that got hacked and their wealth drained. Nobody is immune to getting wrecked.

Always store in your own hardware wallet. Not on an exchange, not on a metamask account, but on your own hardware wallet.

Your hardware wallet can connect to metamask, and dapps used the same way. But this way, no tx can be executed unless you first sign the tx on your device.

The blockchain user experience will change for the better as we move forward, and blockchains like lukso will help in abstracting keypair management. But for now, hardware wallets are your safest bet.

These are the most important baby steps you make in this space. Do not ignore this fundamental step.
Thank you, @AceVentures. Regarding the hardware wallet, since I am in the beginning, was looking at trezor Model One. I did not find out how can you store Lukso on them, because it does not appear in the supported coin list (also at the model T does not appear). In my researching, someone told that you can transfer LUKSO to your ETH wallet. Do you guys know if it is real? Can you store them in a ETH wallet? If you can, how can you make the difference between your ETH and Lukso on your ETH wallent?

Also, I wanted to ask you if this is the process or I am doing something wrong. So, for example, you want to buy ETH from Kraken.

You pay a fee when you buy it, you also pay a fee when you want to transfer it to your wallet and you also pay a fee when you want to swap with LUKSO, for example. Is this how it is? With all these fees at every single move or I am missing something?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.