The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
I initially commented how if we increase the # of nodes to a unrealistic amount then we may be able to do this. But that logic doesn't make sense. It would just mean more people need to download more data.

Hmm.

Kind of bursts my bubble about how much we can actually run on the blockchain. :\

I think leaks, whistleblowers, etc... would be important to put on the blockchain since the data would be immutable.
Blockchain has its limitations. But decentralized storage solutions like FileCoin and SiaCoin may solve this use case in the future. You just have to find someone willing to pay for the storage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Turkey is heating up big time over crypto lol.

Coinmarketcap usage is up 44.18%
Binance visitors is up 14.62%
Bitcoin searches nears ATH in turkey also.

This is what you get when you try to aggressively regulate.

Why am I so bullish?

Because of the “forbidden fruit effect

20210426_000129.png20210426_000126.png

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I would like to see more of people posting what projects they see as well run/solid idea.

I put some money in SOV a while back and it is doing great. They have a great team and idea behind what they are doing and they launched it slow on purpose to avoid it getting pumped and dumped.

Website is here:

(website has a super funny design ha)

I am curious if anyone else has noticed these guys and/or they have seen some other similar projects.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I would like to see more of people posting what projects they see as well run/solid idea.

I put some money in SOV a while back and it is doing great. They have a great team and idea behind what they are doing and they launched it slow on purpose to avoid it getting pumped and dumped.

Website is here:

I am curious if anyone else has noticed these guys and/or they have seen some other similar projects.
I have definitely noticed them!

They are front runners for building on top of BTC along with STX.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019

Website is here:

Good idea.

For those that don't know, Terra is a very interesting ecosystem to keep an eye on.

There is rapid growth on their Mirror protocol, which is becoming a key hub for trading synthetic assets.

They have their Anchor protocol which aims at standardizing a DeFi fixed interest rate of 20% on stablecoins. With growing demand for stablecoin yield on DeFi, fixed-rate interest with large vaults incentivize many users and savers that want predictable cashflow from their assets.

Everything in their ecosystem is supported by their stablecoin UST. UST is minted in exchange for their native LUNA token. The more UST demand there is on their platform, which pretty much every new dApp on their platform incentivizes the use for, the more LUNA needs to be redeemed for UST.

The supply and price of LUNA is directly linked to the issuance and lock-up of UST across their ecosystem.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I would like to buy some new cryptos, but the new one aren t on Binance.
Where can I buy the new ones?
I wanted to buy Dogelon Mars on Friday early morning, but I found no way.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

I would like to buy some new cryptos, but the new one aren t on Binance.
Where can I buy the new ones?
I wanted to buy Dogelon Mars on Friday early morning, but I found no way.
CoinMarketCap says 1inch or Uniswap

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
How do you all manage your risk on altcoins?
(Anything not BTC/ETH)

Me personally I take out the initial investment after a run and let the rest ride.

I might rotate altcoin profits back into BTC and ETH but still hold a core position in projects that I think have a good chance of success.

Or do you go full autist and swing for a home run in lowcaps?

Go big or go home?

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 20, 2019
(Anything not BTC/ETH)

Me personally I take out the initial investment after a run and let the rest ride.

I might rotate altcoin profits back into BTC and ETH but still hold a core position in projects that I think have a good chance of success.

Go big or go home?
It completely depends. I like to atleast leave 1k in all my early degen shitcoin bets because 1000 x 1000 is 1M

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
CoinMarketCap says 1inch or Uniswap
The new altcoins are not changable there.
The DEFI aggregators in the links never are able to change those.
Its because new coins often rise ridiculous amounts in the first hours.
investing 1k with the oportuniti to have 100k 2 hours late or loosing some hundrets would make the risk assessments quite easy

ramonorencio

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 6, 2015

Website is here:

I usually buy based on crosses on the charts and stuff like that, not too much on the project itself. Obviously, with the intent to sell after it goes up. As of now, I’m heavy into Trias, and MTV. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some crazy runs for these since they are low caps. Could be worth checking out, and careful on buying tops.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
(Anything not BTC/ETH)

Go big or go home?

I always take profit in ETH.

I don't get attached to my bags and dump them when my intuition triggers caution.

I got in and out of 66 trades over the past couple of months. Looking back at my trade log and reviewing my P/L vs what would have happened had I held on gives me perspective. Out of those trades, I ended up on top about 80 grand. Had I not closed my positions, I would be down 200 grand.

Every retail trader I've seen wants to ape into low-caps because they think they missed the real gains on the large-caps and blue-chips. The thinking goes along the lines of, well I missed the chance to get in on 100x returns, so I might as well buy these low-caps that haven't yet 100xed. Imo that's a very dangerous way of looking at projects.

They think they're geniuses and they're early. The truth is more often that they're buying into an overvalued ecosystem with no real network, consequently getting stuck into something they can't get out of because there's no liquidity and no volume.

It's low cap and way out of sight, not because it's some gem only you know of, but more likely because there's significant risk associated with it. Most of these shitcoins have been out for all of a few months. I get it, things move fast in crypto, but when there's no real team, no real product, no real network, you're buying a F*cking story at a $1B valuation... Look at the DOT ecosystem as an example. Most of the advertised "Polkadot" projects aren't even polkadot projects. Because they haven't won a parachain auction on Kusama, and haven't won a parachain auction on Polkadot. So what the F*ck why is it called Polka_[someword]? Because narratives sell. You create some ERC20 token, call it Polkagofuckyourself, and you market it like a champ. Fancy logos, complicated-looking flowcharts, roadmap of empty-promises, even animated explosions during announcements about announcements. Unlike the traditional world, nobody in this space is held accountable if they pull the rug on your a$$.

I manage risk on altcoins by using every ounce of IQ I have to outsmart the easy answer. I counter-trade myself so I can stay ahead of my own thinking. Can't big-brain everything, but I can't tell you how many times I've been blessed and stayed ahead of the curve by not buying into get-rich narratives.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
This one is like, it's like WiFi, but like on the BLOCKCHAIN! Look it's up 40% Today! MARKET BUY and get rekt.

This one is like, it's like for mobile payments, but like on the BLOCKCHAIN! MARKET BUY and get rekt.

Ooo this new project, well, it's just incredible. You buy the token, deposit it into a contract, and they give you 3000% APY! Free money right? REKT.

Solid resource for y'all to study - a look at projects/coins that got rekt. It's a good history lesson and gives perspective on different kinds of hacks/scams in the space. Learn these lessons so you can gain awareness of what's possible. Ultimately you'll be able to better protect yourself.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I always take profit in ETH.

I don't get attached to my bags and dump them when my intuition triggers caution.

I got in and out of 66 trades over the past couple of months. Looking back at my trade log and reviewing my P/L vs what would have happened had I held on gives me perspective. Out of those trades, I ended up on top about 80 grand. Had I not closed my positions, I would be down 200 grand.

Every retail trader I've seen wants to ape into low-caps because they think they missed the real gains on the large-caps and blue-chips. The thinking goes along the lines of, well I missed the chance to get in on 100x returns, so I might as well buy these low-caps that haven't yet 100xed. Imo that's a very dangerous way of looking at projects.

They think they're geniuses and they're early. The truth is more often that they're buying into an overvalued ecosystem with no real network, consequently getting stuck into something they can't get out of because there's no liquidity and no volume.

It's low cap and way out of sight, not because it's some gem only you know of, but more likely because there's significant risk associated with it. Most of these shitcoins have been out for all of a few months. I get it, things move fast in crypto, but when there's no real team, no real product, no real network, you're buying a f*cking story at a $1B valuation... Look at the DOT ecosystem as an example. Most of the advertised "Polkadot" projects aren't even polkadot projects. Because they haven't won a parachain auction on Kusama, and haven't won a parachain auction on Polkadot. So what the f*ck why is it called Polka_[someword]? Because narratives sell. You create some ERC20 token, call it Polkagofuckyourself, and you market it like a champ. Fancy logos, complicated-looking flowcharts, roadmap of empty-promises, even animated explosions during announcements about announcements. Unlike the traditional world, nobody in this space is held accountable if they pull the rug on your a$$.

I manage risk on altcoins by using every ounce of IQ I have to outsmart the easy answer. I counter-trade myself so I can stay ahead of my own thinking. Can't big-brain everything, but I can't tell you how many times I've been blessed and stayed ahead of the curve by not buying into get-rich narratives.
You are a wise person.
Nothing is more dangerous than mistaking a bull market for brains and chasing a missed pump with an even riskier buy.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I wonder if there is a way on this thread to create a list of interesting ALT coins and discuss pros and cons. Aggregating group knowledge. I am 80% with BTC and ETH.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
In my view, we aren't ready for mass adoption, decentralization.

The infrastructure is no where near their at this time. We are still using centralized social media etc.

This website is centralized for example.

Defi user interface is still very poor.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
In my view, we aren't ready for mass adoption, decentralization.

The infrastructure is no where near their at this time. We are still using centralized social media etc.

This website is centralized for example.

Defi user interface is still very poor.
Definitely a lot of work to be done but also that means a lot of room for growth and entrepreneurship.

Just today, I had a difficulty explaining crypto and Blockchain in simple terms to those who've just heard about it. I think if we want to get more adoption, it's definitely going to have to be more user-friendly and understandable.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
I've had a theory for a long time that Bitcoin was invented by either Russia or China as a means to wage war without actually firing shots. Peter Thiel recently reiterated this point, so will be interesting to see what else comes to light.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
The thing about mass adoption is that once it hits these crazy gains are a thing of the past. Once it's ultra easy for anyone to get into it this will stabilize so much.

I for one welcome how cumbersome and difficult this can be, because it means we have a super super long way to go which means insane gains are still in the future.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
The thing about mass adoption is that once it hits these crazy gains are a thing of the past. Once it's ultra easy for anyone to get into it this will stabilize so much.

I for one welcome how cumbersome and difficult this can be, because it means we have a super super long way to go which means insane gains are still in the future.
Depends what you mean, crazy alt coin gains or things like eth/bitcoin (Unless you're holding)? For sure it would stabilize in the future.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018