The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
All board.. you got about 2-3 hours (maybe 4-5) to catch it. It's currently 1:13am pacific.
In, trusting a guy on an internet forum to invest a few grand is a thrill like no other, I tell you.

Edit: Saw you're from Vegas, what have I done :clench:.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
All board.. you got about 2-3 hours (maybe 4-5) to catch it. It's currently 1:13am pacific.

Was nice to wake up to IOTA recovering

Edit: I’m learning a lesson in market volatility

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
A 70 year old woman I know, who can barely work her email, asked me yesterday if I knew anything about "this bitcoin thingy"

She's fairly wealthy and wants to buy some now.

Dumb money is definitely here.
More like rash money.

A classmate of mine who failed in economics railed all about Ethereum.

A businessman who made his money offline railed about crypto.

A lady who works a typical 9-5 was all about it as if it were better than sliced bread.

Even Altucher was crowing about it all over my emails...

And Quora was hooting left and right with queries on:

'What do I do if I miss Bitcoin?'

'What would you do if you had xxxx units of Bitcoins?'

Thankfully, there were many entrepreneurs on Quora advising against dumping money into something you don't understand, and that the masses were after, but they didn't get many upvotes.

Good grief, does no one learn that you cannot invest in things that you don't understand?!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
In, trusting a guy on an internet forum to invest a few grand is a thrill like no other, I tell you.

Edit: Saw you're from Vegas, what have I done :clench:.

:rofl:... the $4.60 price is what we need to break out from by late tonight. If not; likely retrace back to $3.20ish low again over 2 or 3 days.. once it hits this low again; it will have created a double-bottom and will most definitely rocket up. (Monday night I'm guessing). If we do break $4.60; rocket ship!

The hard part if we don't hit and retrace is that you'll have to sit all weekend as we watch Bitcoin sky-rocket to $20k+.. then it's just a game of controlling our inner fomo to avoid selling at a loss to try to join the Bitcoin train.

Ideally what happens is: we breakout, make a good profit in time to catch a nice leg of the Bitcoin train and then the LTC $500 train afterwards. Worse case; we rough it and wait it out, profit from Iota, and possibly catch the LTC train.

If you're planning on holding Iota long - this whole dip thing shouldn't even matter then because you got in at a great price & a few cents today is nothing compared to the thousands about to come over the year. =)

Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Hadn't been able to do the confirmation yet, are they busy at this point ? F*ck i tried even at 3am but nothing..

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Congratulations to everyone who has invested in IOTA by the way, by owning 1, you're effectively a millionaire. :)

Why? Because what you see selling on the exchanges as IOTA is in fact a MIOTA.

MegaIota = 1 Miota = 1Mi = 1,000,000i
IOTA (technology) - Wikipedia

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
@AlessioLC

Have you tried the mobile app, as suggested in this reply:

You can see the reason your verifications fail here:
Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency

If it's "Reason:ID was unreadable" then you probably need better photos or try a different ID.
If it's "Reason:Unknown response status" then it's probably their automated verification process being overloaded... again...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@AlessioLC

Have you tried the mobile app, as suggested in this reply:

You can see the reason your verifications fail here:
Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency

If it's "Reason:ID was unreadable" then you probably need better photos or try a different ID.
If it's "Reason:Unknown response status" then it's probably their automated verification process being overloaded... again...

+1 to that. Did everything via app. Took less than 15 min.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
@c4n @Scot Nope i've done everything via app but nothing happened, in the last step (verification with my driver license), it says : "The verification will take 3 to 5 minutes, an email..." but nothing.

Could this be related to my country (France) or they just are overloaded ?
It's been 2 days of trying every 3h

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Newbie Crypto Advice From A Crypto Newb

1. If you can't research which platforms to buy/sell on or to get a wallet on = you shouldn't be in this game because you're gonna lose.
2. If you don't got money to play with, you don't get to play.
3. If you play with money you don't got, you're gonna lose.
4. This is a game of some risk.
5. If you're not willing to take risks, you won't win big (true for business also).
6. Who cares if it's a bubble. Markets go up and down and eventually back up.
7. If you have to ask which coin you should invest in, you shouldn't invest because you're gonna lose.
8. Just because you can't see the opportunity doesn't mean it isn't there.
9. Just because you believe something (i.e. a bubble) will happen, doesn't mean it will.
10. Just because a bubble pops doesn't mean it's the end of the world.
11. Your beliefs are invalid and irrelevant until validated and relevanted. <--- not sure that's a word.
12. If you wait too long, you'll miss out.
13. Just because the "masses" are jumping on board doesn't mean you can't still win.
14. Playing with house money instead of your own is a good idea.
15. The only thing that matters is the results you get. Try to come away with good results.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
What are the implications of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange adding futures to its exchange? Uptick or dip?

Some people conjecture that the banks will run plays to drive prices down because they are afraid of crypto currencies.

CME Group will launch Bitcoin futures, based on the CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR), on December 18, 2017, building off of the success of the BRR and demand for a regulated trading venue for the digital asset market.

Coming Soon: Bitcoin Futures

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I was finally able to get my identify verified on Coinbase and Binance. I didn't realize it took so long to fund your account from your bank.

I've only been able to put in like 1,400 total from my credit card so far. Bought some IOTA and Ripple. I want to hold these two long term. I might do 2k total on each and leave them for a while.

I'm assuming if I'm gonna hold them long term I should just put them in a paper wallet rather than leave them on Binance?

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
What are the implications of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange adding futures to its exchange? Uptick or dip?

It will more than likely be the same as last time.

Some people conjecture that the banks will run plays to drive prices down because they are afraid of crypto currencies.

The only way that happens is if people sell.

As I mentioned above; futures are not tied to Bitcoin, they are bought and settled in cash.

The only way the price goes down if people see the buying of shorts, and panic sell based on the futures price.

(That, and the feeling that a correction is probably due).

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I'm assuming if I'm gonna hold them long term I should just put them in a paper wallet rather than leave them on Binance?

Hardware wallet like the Legacy Nano S, exchanges are prone to being hacked. Look at what happened to Gox

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
@AlessioLC

It's overloaded, most of the times I got a HTTP error in verification status (check the Coinbase page I linked in my previous reply). I'm also from Europe and it took me 7 attempts to get 1st verification, then 2 more for second verified document.

Note that you can close the page that says "The verification will take 3 to 5 minutes, an email...", verification is being run in a background process. No need to look at the page. In my experience, if the verification is not done in a coupe of minutes, it will fail anyway.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
@AlessioLC

It's overloaded, most of the times I got a HTTP error in verification status (check the Coinbase page I linked in my previous reply). I'm also from Europe and it took me 7 attempts to get 1st verification, then 2 more for second verified document.

Note that you can close the page that says "The verification will take 3 to 5 minutes, an email...", verification is being run in a background process. No need to look at the page. In my experience, if the verification is not done in a coupe of minutes, it will fail anyway.

Ok thanks, i'm not the only one! I'll keep trying..it's only for the ID verification, but i suppose for the creditcard/bank account it will take less than a minute lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey guys.... you know what is great about a Bubble? That you can get out....(no one is pointing a gun to your head)

You know what else is great about a Bubble? You can get out with a crap load of money...

So.. let's take Person A and Person B. Person A and Person B both agree Bitcoin maybe a bubble.

Person A says "I know it's a bubble, but it's a money machine and I will milk it until it begins to topple & I'll get out with all my profits. Maybe I get caught on just a tad bit of the down, but overall, I come out with 80%+ of my profits."

Person B says "This is a bubble. This is a bubble. This is a bubble." grins with joy & takes no action because it could come crashing down annnnnyyyy minute now.

4 Years Later...

Person A is now a multi-millionaire.

Person B is not a multi-millionare but can sure be super prideful about being soooo right that it was a bubble all along!

Person A is happy, very happy. His family is happy. His parents are proud. He has freedom.

Person B is well.... at work right now, he'll call you back when his shift is over.

Moral: It doesn't matter if it's a bubble or not. It's what you do and move knowing it could be a bubble.

p.s. Iota broke out downward out the consolidation triangle.. likely heading to 50% retracement of previous movement, and that low would be $3.09 give or take. So anytime between now and $3.09 in this downward movement, it should break out. =)

That really hits the nail on the hit, bubble and die, bubble and rebound, bubble and whatever...

You can manage your way through a bubble if you're prudent.

You just don't want to be the last man in... aka, the Greater Fool Theory.

Greater fool theory - Wikipedia

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
You just don't want to be the last man in... aka, the Greater Fool Theory.

Greater fool theory - Wikipedia

True, although since cryptocurrency is a technological innovation related to money, it's possible that it's the first one of these adoption S-curves in human history that people can actually invest into directly:

Ob3vLQnl.jpg

Would've been nice to own any of those charts early, although telephone, air travel and cars had some nasty dips along the way! Maybe Bitcoin itself will eventually give way to another, but I wouldn't bet against cryptocurrency in general, or bet that there will eventually be a "last one in".

D70K5aXl.png

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
As I said earlier, I was going to start pulling a percentage of profits and putting them into other coins.

This week, a little more than half (of profit only) got pulled from ETH, and I picked up some wild cards:
  • Poet
  • VERGE
  • Tron
  • Cindicator
Stellar and Ripple look like prospects, in that order.

Just keeping myself accountable. Carry on.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
As I said earlier, I was going to start pulling a percentage of profits and putting them into other coins.

This week, a little more than half (of profit only) got pulled from ETH, and I picked up some wild cards:
  • Poet
  • VERGE
  • Tron
  • Cindicator

What platform do you use to buy other currencies?

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I'm all in Request Network.

It's like PayPal 2.0 but better.

Here is a good article

If they succeed I'm rich :playful: (the team is great, backed by YCombinator, Use cases are broad, much cheaper transaction fee's etc)

I feel bad for making so much money so easy lol

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego

• Poet
  • VERGE
  • Tron
  • Cindicator

Jeez, those are some real "penny stock" shitcoins :). What's the strategy? Wait for McAfee to pump Verge even more?

Here's an interesting article on why Stellar is a dud from 2015 (technology and team-speaking): The Race to Replace Bitcoin

madmoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 25, 2016
:rofl:... the $4.60 price is what we need to break out from by late tonight. If not; likely retrace back to $3.20ish low again over 2 or 3 days.. once it hits this low again; it will have created a double-bottom and will most definitely rocket up. (Monday night I'm guessing). If we do break $4.60; rocket ship!

The hard part if we don't hit and retrace is that you'll have to sit all weekend as we watch Bitcoin sky-rocket to $20k+.. then it's just a game of controlling our inner fomo to avoid selling at a loss to try to join the Bitcoin train.

Ideally what happens is: we breakout, make a good profit in time to catch a nice leg of the Bitcoin train and then the LTC $500 train afterwards. Worse case; we rough it and wait it out, profit from Iota, and possibly catch the LTC train.

If you're planning on holding Iota long - this whole dip thing shouldn't even matter then because you got in at a great price & a few cents today is nothing compared to the thousands about to come over the year. =)

bitcoin up 17700 and ethereum 686 what is best if any price to buy or wait for the dip? what your suggestion

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Since we're talking about our holdings, I'm still holding a lot of alts that I've picked up during the ICOs and pre-ICOs I've participated in.

Including: PAY, REQ, LINK, ENG, ZRX, CVC, MTH, AVT, AIR, SCL, ICN, REP

I'm also holding a lot of ETH, XRP, NEO and IOTA.

And there are two pre-ICOs I've recently invested a LOT into, and am waiting for them to be released to market: ICX, NAS

Also holding a whole bunch of Tezos...starting to look like they might release their coins, if they can get past the lawsuits...

I plan on having a similar approach, but I've removed a lot of my coin holdings in the past week. I realized I'm not interested in the 1-2k gains and only want to dive into this space to have 50-100x returns. For now, I still think the best approach is with ICOs, but it seems like each developer is asking for higher investments upfront.
  • Cardano
  • IOTA
  • Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Quantstamp (Amazing team filled with students from the University of Waterloo)
  • Ethos (Meh, might remove it and put more into Bitcoin lol)
Also, this guy is perfect for anyone looking to get into the best ICOs that are somewhat legit. This will allow you to do research on a few instead of 50 new offerings.
-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUzMFxJrrJg

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
I plan on having a similar approach, but I've removed a lot of my coin holdings in the past week. I realized I'm not interested in the 1-2k gains and only want to dive into this space to have 50-100x returns. For now, I still think the best approach is with ICOs, but it seems like each developer is asking for higher investments upfront.
  • Cardano
  • IOTA
  • Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Quantstamp (Amazing team filled with students from the University of Waterloo)
  • Ethos (Meh, might remove it and put more into Bitcoin lol)
Also, this guy is perfect for anyone looking to get into the best ICOs that are somewhat legit. This will allow you to do research on a few instead of 50 new offerings.
-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUzMFxJrrJg
Thanks for the video brother. Rep ++

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
Hey guys.... you know what is great about a Bubble? That you can get out....(no one is pointing a gun to your head)

You know what else is great about a Bubble? You can get out with a crap load of money...

So.. let's take Person A and Person B. Person A and Person B both agree Bitcoin maybe a bubble.

Person A says "I know it's a bubble, but it's a money machine and I will milk it until it begins to topple & I'll get out with all my profits. Maybe I get caught on just a tad bit of the down, but overall, I come out with 80%+ of my profits."

Person B says "This is a bubble. This is a bubble. This is a bubble." grins with joy & takes no action because it could come crashing down annnnnyyyy minute now.

4 Years Later...

Person A is now a multi-millionaire.

Person B is not a multi-millionare but can sure be super prideful about being soooo right that it was a bubble all along!

Person A is happy, very happy. His family is happy. His parents are proud. He has freedom.

Person B is well.... at work right now, he'll call you back when his shift is over.

Moral: It doesn't matter if it's a bubble or not. It's what you do and move knowing it could be a bubble.

p.s. Iota broke out downward out the consolidation triangle.. likely heading to 50% retracement of previous movement, and that low would be $3.09 give or take. So anytime between now and $3.09 in this downward movement, it should break out. =)

Coming out with 80% of profits. You'll be the same dude preaching it's just a downturn the trend will continue when it does pop. The chances of you being able to call top within 20% is slim to none. The smart money is out way before the bubble pops and doesn't expect to be within 20% of the top. It's called a bubble POP, not a bubble slow leak for a reason. I'm also not sure why the dudes parents is part of this convo? Maybe your just a dramatic dude.

Btw I work with a dude, hes a tech guy at the club, owns 36 bitcoin. He told me 7k was a little high even though eventually he believes it will reach in the 6 figures. He will be the first millionaire working at that club.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Quantstamp was launched by a couple of the guys in my crypto syndicate...it's a great project...

And we did pretty well on the ICO... :)

Just checked it out.

Really cool. Solves a big problem. My biggest fear with smart contracts was vulnerabilities. Glad to see some are working towards solutions.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Btw I work with a dude, hes a tech guy at the club, owns 36 bitcoin. He told me 7k was a little high even though eventually he believes it will reach in the 6 figures. He will be the first millionaire working at that club.

EDITED my previous reply out.

There are some who give energy into the world; and those that take energy out. Life has a funny way of paying you in return what you put in.

Best of luck to you..

p.s. - I'm not the smartest guy in the room for sure, but I'm can confidently say I will def get out. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
Where's the best starting place for a newbie to educate themselves and get up to speed on both cryptocurrencies, and trading them?

*On a side note, as someone who's been freelancing on Upwork - there are so many copywriting jobs for ICO Whitepapers appearing. Not my remit, but seems like a lucrative opportunity for someone who wants to create a niche for themselves.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.