The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
But the question is so what? You buy at $19k and do you sell at $22k? You are betting on a 15% increase in a day. Are you going to sell at $22k?

What is your strategy here?

I'm probably looking at this from a different perspective, but I'm not trying to get rich off of these coins. I'm going for ROI. To give you an example, when BTC had it's run up from $8k to $18k, I dumped my money into LTC at $100 instead of BTC. This may not be a great long term play, but LTC has returned 3x at $300+ now, vs. BTW at 1.5x at $19,000.

So the question is, are you trying to accumulate as many coins as possible and hold, or are you trading for ROI for some goal?

If you are long on coins, you shouldn't be moving them around trying to catch little spikes. If I sell on my LTC and move to BTC, will I have more money in 5 years than if I kept all my LTC?
The Strategy I have been doing is riding the different waves. Somewhat of the strategy James mentioned earlier. I started my CoinBase account with $500, got in with LTC @ 144. Yesterday, I bought an extra $500 @293 with the anticipation that it will trend upward. Right now it's hovering around 320s and I am expecting it to go up between 350 -400 by the time I'm able to sell and redeploy depending on market trends.

What I am really trying to do is start buying the Alt Coins, but I'm not able to do it through Coinbase, still a bit iffy about putting my full info on some of the other platforms like Kraken or Bitstamp

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Yeah I should have been more specific my apologies. IF you are holding long term then stick with what you believe in. But if you're trading alts short term then its highly advised to transfer to btc, because if bitcoins goes up a ton you will essentially lose alot because you had your money parked in alternate coins and when you go to sell those alts you will either take a loss or be stuck holding them. Me personally I am day/week trading alts and making at least 5-10% a day. Come tomorrow if bitcoin actually skyrockets it will be like cyber monday for alts. That's when I will capitalize.
Doesn't the value of your alt bags go up with bitcoin? For example I bought IOTA at $4 to go the moon (thanks James :clench:) and then didn't want to hold after a couple days so I sold it when it went back up to same price of $4 and actually received more money back (this is looking at the dollar amounts on Binance, I am bad at using the BTC/satoshi). Unless I'm really confused.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Shyt whats up with this dip?

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
Doesn't the value of your alt bags go up with bitcoin? For example I bought IOTA at $4 to go the moon (thanks James :clench:) and then didn't want to hold after a couple days so I sold it when it went back up to same price of $4 and actually received more money back (this is looking at the dollar amounts on Binance, I am bad at using the BTC/satoshi). Unless I'm really confused.
When bitcoin goes on a bull run, it causes alts to crash alot.

Ryan Howard

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 10, 2015
Has anyone looked into Tron/trx? If not I definitely suggest doing so. The ceo is a protege of jack ma the creator of alibaba. And has been doing nothing but good things

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Does some of you use GDAX or Binance, just to know which one should i use.
Btw i just got verified on Coinbase yesterday after one week of try :rofl:
So much traffic!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Does some of you use GDAX or Binance, just to know which one should i use.
Btw i just got verified on Coinbase yesterday after one week of try :rofl:
So much traffic!

I use binance. Only because I wanted to buy ADA and I don’t believe it’s on GDAX yet.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
It's crazy how slow Bitcoin and Ethereum are. I just sent some ETH to binance and it's been stuck at 15/30 confirmations for almost an hour.

UPDATE: Etherscan.io says there's been over 186 confirmations. So why is binance still showing 15/30. Wtf.

Now I know what I'm definitely not investing in.

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Different exchanges trade different coins. Figure out what you're looking to buy, check the liquidity of that coin on various exchanges and choose the one that makes the most sense. Personally, I have accounts on a bunch of different exchanges and use different ones for different coins.

Thanks! And you can cashout from these plateform ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

EricFromCanada

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 19, 2017
Canada
I suggest to those who are holding alot of alternate crypto currencies to transfer back to BTC. Good chance bitcoin runs up to at least 22,000 tomorrow with the launch of futures.
Any idea why it didn't go up?

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
Any idea why it didn't go up?
Everyone was predicting a huge bull run from the launch of the futures and all the new buyers. Surprisingly it dipped a little and now is floating around the same price it usually is. I or nobody can really say why, I still believe its going to go above 20k shortly, but in this game you really never know!!

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
stream_105595489.png

I'm up 500% since November in LTC. Brian Kelley price target $500 ^_^

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Everyone was predicting a huge bull run from the launch of the futures and all the new buyers.

The predicted price increase from the futures was already built into the price.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
I convert alts to ETH and then cash out on GDAX. I'm sure there are other -- just as effective -- ways, but that's how I do it...
I signed up for GDAX, waiting on verification!

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I convert alts to ETH and then cash out on GDAX. I'm sure there are other -- just as effective -- ways, but that's how I do it...
Thanks JScott !

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
Im also looking at different ALT coins this one looks promising Tezos . Like all of them you have to do your due diligence , but I like what I see. My Ethereum took off , me happy . This has been a fun time .

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
For those of us who purchased XTZ at the ICO, it's been a roller coaster ride... I'm not saying it's not a good purchase, but I'd do some due diligence before committing...
J, can you speak about what due diligence looks like, with detail ? Would a new thread that just focuses on analyzing ICO's on the INSIDERS area be useful ?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
+ It's not found on Google ;)

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Don't want to derail the topic. But, aren't we supporting this great community by contributing our thoughts in public. Hence, community. As far as trolls...who cares. Due diligence. Back on topic. Xrp rocks.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Why not just join the INSIDERS and not worry about what's posted where?
To answer your question...I was in the INSIDERS for a year or so. It felt like elitism. Not the inside itself. Just the fact that there are 2 different groups. Outsiders by default because you are not on the "inside". Don't get me wrong, INSIDERS are definitely worth the price.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA

What platform do you convert the alts to ETH on?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
What platform do you convert the alts to ETH on?

Are you asking his preference or are you asking how to convert alts to Eth.

Because I feel like a lot of people in this thread have forgotten how to google..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.