The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Got my accounts set up. Got verified on a few sites. Gonna pull the trigger tomorrow. Ripple and blc. I'm not investing more then I can afford to lose (oxymoron). Curious. Has anyone one been able to convert 10k from crypto to hard cash?
What method will you use to purchase the ripple?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Sure thing.. basically, my fastlane path is baked right into the act of day-trading. So day-trading (apart from just looking for signals and analyzing stuff) involves quite a bit social activity; whether that's sharing ideas, reading/consuming content, or real-time chatting with others. By me simply trading throughout the day; I also grow my business at the same time.

Granted, eventually I will need to spend some time on outside stuff on marketing, right now; to gain traction - I can grow users by just being in it.

I don't plan on publicly explaining or starting a thread on this fastlane, simply because probably about 95% here are my target market - and I don't want to feel like every time I talk about crypto here, it feels like an under-cover ad. But I do hope that more others from this forum jump into & start some type of support product or service in this crypto space.. it's ALOT of money & ALOT of people willing to spend ALOT of money. It's still developing, so you may not be able to think of any viable ideas now, but trust, there will be an entire industry of avenues to choose from as it matures! ...

This seems to work, if you are building a new fastlane in this industry, but what about for example your other SAAS businesses? Or are you at a stage, where your SAAS is mostly passive? :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
On top of that, Wall Street is not at the ground floor of this bubble.

True. In all past bubbles, Wall Street already made their fortunes and the public was left holding the bag.

Maybe this will be the reverse, the public will make the fortune and when/if the bubble bursts, Wall Street will be holding the bag!

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I created my Coinbase acct at 5am and had no issues. Took 5 minutes, was verified within 15 min and ny Eth purchase from debit card went through in less than 15 min.

I sent all my Eth to binance though because I dumped everything into alt coins that I plan on forgetting I own until a year from now.
Ok, i'll try to do it tonight because i tried 3 times but it's impossible to get any ID confirmation from them, i scanned my ID and my driving license but nothing, maybe there's too many people trying to do the same.

Thanks

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Ok, i'll try to do it tonight because i tried 3 times but it's impossible to get any ID confirmation from them, i scanned my ID and my driving license but nothing, maybe there's too many people trying to do the same.

Thanks
Try getting verified on tier 2.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
While I hold both ETH and BTC, I unfortunately have to agree with you because I look at myself. My knowledge is still at a 3 (out of 10) so I'm definitely in the "dumb money" category. And as I preached in TMF , when dumb money shows up, it's the end of the road.

The other part of me sees the potential in the decentralization aspects, plus added resistance to big banks/corporations/gubbermint. So I'm making my bets at the latter beating the former.

glad you actually got in MJ- hadn't checked to see if you did in a while. I would not put any new money into btc here its literally failing in its core mission to be a currency , etc. That is why BTC cash and LTC exist. However, BTC cash almost all of its holder base got it for free so I don't think we have seen enough price discovery on that. LTC is the 2nd oldest crypto and sub 300 might be a good entry as it bounced off support.

ETH might be range bound for a while but yeah its the best thing out there as far as infinite utility. Personally I wonder if btc tops dec 18 thru Feb after some of this institutional money is done bidding it up to infinity.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Personally I wonder if btc tops dec 18 thru Feb after some of this institutional money is done bidding it up to infinity.

Sorry to single out your post, but this "institutional money" argument is becoming a pet-peeve of mine.

If you're referring to Bitcoin futures, there is no institutional money flowing into the market through them.

Bitcoin futures are sold and settled entirely in good 'ole fashioned dollar$, and there is 0 BTC involved in those contracts.

People seem to think: futures = more money coming Bitcoin, but it doesn't.

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
Depends on your country, some exchanges are restricted based on location.

Hey MJ! I am in the U.S. Coinigy has 30 day free trial. But I hear great things about Poloneix. The dilemma.

Where do you guys get all your coins at?

• Coinbase (having trouble with this one),
  • Local bitcoins (used this one in the past)
Any other places?

Steppenwolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Jan 30, 2017
Germany, Augsburg
I use Kraken, bought my first Ether back in March.
I find it very convenient even though the site has stability problems. Just refresh it a few times.

If you just want to buy and hold I think Kraken will do the deal.
If you want smaller altcoins then also register on Binance.
Also Bitfinex is really shady from what I`ve seen.

lonewolf28

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 4, 2016
New York
I just finished my verification at Coinbase after numerous attempts in the last week. I now have 2 successfully verified out of 9 attempts, freaking frustrating.

Tips:
  1. both of my verifications succeeded from the Coinbase Mobile app, none from the website. If not already, download the app and go to Settings > Identity verifications > click the + button in top right corner

2. Try different documents. I tried with ID card, passport and driving license. The first successful was my driving license (attempt 7/9). Today my passport was accepted too (attempt 9/9).

3. Try verifying at different times of the day, for example once in the early morning, once around noon and once in the evening/night. But no more than once or you will hit your daily limits quickly.
Thanks man!! I will try this. Been a full week trying to buy bitcoins!

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
I'm sitting at 10k coins for Cardano and I bought it at $.03.

It got up to .20 today. I'm a bit rustled I didn't buy more lol, but I'll buy some now because I don't see a dip happening before it reaches 1 dollar.

Also, IOTA seems nice, but the price point right now is too high when you look at all the volume it has. It's possible that it can eventually have a 100 billion dollar market cap, but even then you would have to put a pretty penny down right now to make a lot of gains.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm sitting at 10k coins for Cardano and I bought it at $.03.

It got up to .20 today. I'm a bit rustled I didn't buy more lol, but I'll buy some now because I don't see a dip happening before it reaches 1 dollar.

Also, IOTA seems nice, but the price point right now is too high when you look at all the volume it has. It's possible that it can eventually have a 100 billion dollar market cap, but even then you would have to put a pretty penny down right now to make a lot of gains.

I bought about 150 ADA and it’s fun watching it climb. I’m just dabbling so I’m not too worried about it.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welp... FCC just repealed Net Neutrality. Things could get interesting for Crypto if Congress or Justice Dept doesn’t hold this back.

What was the coin we should get if NN got repealed again? Haha

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Welp... FCC just repealed Net Neutrality. Things could get interesting for Crypto if Congress or Justice Dept doesn’t hold this back.

8219ac05adefc338ec1cc29b594b08d8.png

24 hour Net Neutrality play idea: Substratum.

If Net Neutrality repeal passes: Substratum is a "Decentralized web host", meaning even if Net Neutrality repeal passes tomorrow and cable companies impose "pay channels" people can still access all the websites normally through Substratum network. Coin does a 25%-100% jump on this imho. Or I look like an idiot, which is worth it :smile2:.

If Net Neutrality repeal doesn't pass: (Besides rejoicing at cable companies' loss). Substratum is one of the few alt coins with an actual technology, active team, and pumped by DataDash(most popular crypto youtuber). It will hold/recover price.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015

Thats a good question...
Do you mind telling how did you know Cardano would explode and invested in it?

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
T

Thats a good question...
Do you mind telling how did you know Cardano would explode and invested in it?

I remember seeing someone mention ADA and I just started researching it.

Saw that was confounded by the creator of Eth and it was aimed to fix the problems of ETH. And had better speed and less chance of failure. Thought, why not.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
I created my Coinbase acct at 5am and had no issues. Took 5 minutes, was verified within 15 min and ny Eth purchase from debit card went through in less than 15 min.

I sent all my Eth to binance though because I dumped everything into alt coins that I plan on forgetting I own until a year from now.

I have some IOTA stuck in Binance that I can't withdraw to my wallet because "Network overload."

I don't trust Binance. Anyone else have issues?

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
I remember seeing someone mention ADA and I just started researching it.

Saw that was confounded by the creator of Eth and it was aimed to fix the problems of ETH. And had better speed and less chance of failure. Thought, why not.
Thank you for the answer. =)
I'm doing some research to invest too. I'm throwing some $$ in the next trend.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I have some IOTA stuck in Binance that I can't withdraw to my wallet because "Network overload."

I don't trust Binance. Anyone else have issues?

I had some Eth to Ada stuck in binance too. I just canceled it and re bought it and went through instantly.

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
I speak on exactly zero authority, but I think this latest meteoric rise in BTC is bound to regress a bit, probably right down back to $5500 or so. I'm not complaining as it's made me some serious (unrealized) gains, but I feel it's growth has been disproportionate with the whole fork-mania trend lately.

ETH is having issues at $300, but it's consistency is remarkable. I think the money will start to pour into ETH in Q1 18. Wouldn't be surprised to see $1000 ether by April.

Then again, I have no real reason for choosing these predictions. Wake me up in five years when ETH is $6000 a coin so I can retire.
Agreed. Just like all those idiots who were hyping the Internet and Internet stocks back in the late 90s. Everyone just trying to make a quick buck off a technology they didn't even understand. Pretty soon, the Internet fad is going away, and those idiots are going to lose all their money!

;)
Do you personally own any Bitcoin OR other crypto currencies? Blockchain technology is the Future.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Do you personally own any Bitcoin OR other crypto currencies? Blockchain technology is the Future.

Did you just ask @JScott if he owns any crypto...?

There’s over 60 pages of crypto conversations on this forum and he’s posted in about 50% of them.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
True. In all past bubbles, Wall Street already made their fortunes and the public was left holding the bag.

Maybe this will be the reverse, the public will make the fortune and when/if the bubble bursts, Wall Street will be holding the bag!

I keep holding off because it has to be a bubble.

I'm a bouncer in a nightclub and I'm hearing bartenders and bouncers and even the club manager saying they are "all in" I remember reading a quote about the housing bubble. The guy talked about how a nanny he knew had 7 houses in new york. 7! That's when he got scared. I thought 7k was to high lol look at it now. I saw a big bang tv episode a few weeks ago and it was literally a big bitcoin commercial. It's too mainstream at this point for me and feels to sketchy

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
I keep holding off because it has to be a bubble.

I'm a bouncer in a nightclub and I'm hearing bartenders and bouncers and even the club manager saying they are "all in" I remember reading a quote about the housing bubble. The guy talked about how a nanny he knew had 7 houses in new york. 7! That's when he got scared. I thought 7k was to high lol look at it now. I saw a big bang tv episode a few weeks ago and it was literally a big bitcoin commercial. It's too mainstream at this point for me and feels to sketchy

AI1A09Xl.jpg

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hey guys.... you know what is great about a Bubble? That you can get out....(no one is pointing a gun to your head)

You know what else is great about a Bubble? You can get out with a crap load of money...

So.. let's take Person A and Person B. Person A and Person B both agree Bitcoin maybe a bubble.

Person A says "I know it's a bubble, but it's a money machine and I will milk it until it begins to topple & I'll get out with all my profits. Maybe I get caught on just a tad bit of the down, but overall, I come out with 80%+ of my profits."

Person B says "This is a bubble. This is a bubble. This is a bubble." grins with joy & takes no action because it could come crashing down annnnnyyyy minute now.

4 Years Later...

Person A is now a multi-millionaire.

Person B is not a multi-millionare but can sure be super prideful about being soooo right that it was a bubble all along!

Person A is happy, very happy. His family is happy. His parents are proud. He has freedom.

Person B is well.... at work right now, he'll call you back when his shift is over.

Moral: It doesn't matter if it's a bubble or not. It's what you do and move knowing it could be a bubble.

p.s. Iota broke out downward out the consolidation triangle.. likely heading to 50% retracement of previous movement, and that low would be $3.09 give or take. So anytime between now and $3.09 in this downward movement, it should break out. =)

Last edited:

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
Hey guys.... you know what is great about a Bubble? That you can get out....(no one is pointing a gun to your head)

You know what else is great about a Bubble? You can get out with a crap load of money...

So.. let's take Person A and Person B. Person A and Person B both agree Bitcoin maybe a bubble.

Person A says "I know it's a bubble, but it's a money machine and I will milk it until it begins to topple & I'll get out with all my profits. Maybe I get caught on just a tad bit of the down, but overall, I come out with 80%+ of my profits."

Person B says "This is a bubble. This is a bubble. This is a bubble." grins with joy & takes no action because it could come crashing down annnnnyyyy minute now.

4 Years Later...

Person A is now a multi-millionaire.

Person B is not a multi-millionare but can sure be super prideful about being soooo right that it was a bubble all along!

Person A is happy, very happy. His family is happy. His parents are proud. He has freedom.

Person B is well.... at work right now, he'll call you back when his shift is over.

Moral: It doesn't matter if it's a bubble or not. It's what you do and move knowing it could be a bubble.

p.s. Iota broke out downward out the consolidation triangle.. likely heading to 50% retracement of previous movement, and that low would be $3.09 give or take. So anytime between now and $3.09 in this downward movement, it should break out. =)
You are correct, I'm currently capitalizing off of this boom. Sadly I dont have large amounts to play with, but im still making great returns and will as long as possible

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
If cryptocurrency has the potential to be a 'goldrush', wouldn't it be a good idea to 'sell shovels', i.e. set up an exchange or something along those lines?

Yes, the true fastlaners in all this bitcoin rush are probably folks like Coinbase.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
8219ac05adefc338ec1cc29b594b08d8.png

24 hour Net Neutrality play idea: Substratum.

If Net Neutrality repeal passes: Substratum is a "Decentralized web host", meaning even if Net Neutrality repeal passes tomorrow and cable companies impose "pay channels" people can still access all the websites normally through Substratum network. Coin does a 25%-100% jump on this imho. Or I look like an idiot, which is worth it :smile2:.

If Net Neutrality repeal doesn't pass: (Besides rejoicing at cable companies' loss). Substratum is one of the few alt coins with an actual technology, active team, and pumped by DataDash(most popular crypto youtuber). It will hold/recover price.
Sold SUB at .47c today, 20% profit.

Lack of trading volume stops SUB from going higher, perhaps being from Ohio, having an all-white developer team and not having as a goal "REPLACING BTC/ETH COMPLETELY" isn't trendy enough for people across the world looking for crypto gainz.

Last edited:

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

All board.. you got about 2-3 hours (maybe 4-5) to catch it. It's currently 1:13am pacific.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.