The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I've spent today creating offline wallets for each coin that I'm planning to hold for a while. No way am I going to trust the exchanges to hold my money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Does anyone know why Binance isn't allowing withdrawals of IOTA? It's been saying "network congestion" for days. Is anyone else having this issue?

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Does anyone know why Binance isn't allowing withdrawals of IOTA? It's been saying "network congestion" for days. Is anyone else having this issue?
I think all exchanges are having delays due to the amount of stress on their servers. I tried getting my identity verified last night for GDAX and wasn't able to get it done successfully.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY

It's been like that since the first surge in price a few weeks ago. It seems a couple times per day they have 30 minutes gaps where you can withdraw....It's been around 11am EST that I've seen it open up for withdrawals.

I gotta get my money off the exchange too...Not ideal.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I've been looking for the same thing lately and found this article.

How to store Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies properly.

Hope it helps anyone here.

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

This is very time consuming. It makes me not want to buy any more currencies for the long term. I may just keep the 6 that I've already bought and then just do some swing trading with the rest of the money I was gonna invest.

I've been waiting for like an hour for the Cardano wallet crap to launch. No clue why it's taking so long. All I wanna do is generate my private/public keys. It shouldn't be this hard.

For the ETH tokens I was able to generate the keys very easily. Others require that you install their wallet software. I've had the worst experience with Cardano so far.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
The problem with these Alt coins is the lack of options for wallets right now. I’d prefer to do a mobile wallet because my computer is on deaths doorstep. But for Cardano, it looks like Daedalus is the only legit option right now.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
This is very time consuming. It makes me not want to buy any more currencies for the long term. I may just keep the 6 that I've already bought and then just do some swing trading with the rest of the money I was gonna invest.

I've been waiting for like an hour for the Cardano wallet crap to launch. No clue why it's taking so long. All I wanna do is generate my private/public keys. It shouldn't be this hard.

For the ETH tokens I was able to generate the keys very easily. Others require that you install their wallet software. I've had the worst experience with Cardano so far.
Bad to hear as I was looking forward to buy some Cardano because I like the team and idea behind the whole concept.

Regarding Request Network, isn't Stellar trying to pull off the same idea? Or is there something I'm missing?

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere

The Cardano wallet (Daedalus) software has to download the whole blockchain before you can generate the seed. It took me about 8 hours to do it. Once you download it, then it isn't that bad.

Edit: You also need a 64 bit operating system.

The problem with these Alt coins is the lack of options for wallets right now. I’d prefer to do a mobile wallet because my computer is on deaths doorstep. But for Cardano, it looks like Daedalus is the only legit option right now.

Someone is working on it. I'm sure the price will go up when they release it.

Last edited:

justonemore

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 19, 2017
NewYork
While I think all of this is probably a bubble. At the same time we could be seeing something like the first days of the internet, except with the first world currency. IMO, it's smart to have some money in BTC just in case it goes to 7 figures.

justonemore

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 19, 2017
NewYork
BCH was added to CoinBase today, I need to start getting some ALT coins

Which ones are you thinking?
I have some ethereum. I've been thinking about getting some ZCash.
I picked ethereum simply because of it's market cap. It's huge with almost no promotion.
I like that ZCash is more anonymous.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Dam the BCH is at 8.5k after it was launched on Coinbase

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Dam the BCH is at 8.5k after it was launched on Coinbase

This is crazy - Coinbase froze selling, some serious glitches and general failures happening right now. No doubt, some people got a transfer in from other exchanges and cashed out big, but I'm sure the boys at Coinbase will have a fun week trying to sort all this shit out.

I went into BCH right before it went live on Coinbase, and am now down 25 percent. Hope it catches back up when they get it working right.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Oh, the Bitcoin cash tied up by Coinbase went live?

Bitcoin Gold, Super Bitcoin, Bitcoin Platinum, and a whole bunch of all these other forks are being held by Coinbase too. When will they release them to you?

Remember control people. (One of the reason's cryptocurrency is meant to exist FFS!)

The BCH fork happened in August by the way...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'll just leave this here.

I put verge on my watch list on Blockfolio and watched it skyrocket 113%.

My plan, while IOTA finally got its legs back, was to siphon off some profit from that, dump it on Verge. Well, IOTA fell back down and Verge took off. So, I feel like I missed that train.

But, at $0.127 at the time of this post, I feel like it’s definitely not too late. Especially if it breaks top 10 by end of year.

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
I'm suprised that the Bitcoin Cash Coinbase-thing does not get more attention here. This is a serious maneuver and a huge challenge to the supremacy of Bitcoin.

Think about all the people who have no clue about Bitcoin, want to buy some, hop on Coinbase and see Bitcoin Cash. They will assume it is the same. +73% in the last 24 hours. This will create FOMO and my humble opinion: Bitcoin Cash will soon go on a huge bullrun.

Last edited:

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I'm suprised that the Bitcoin Cash Coinbase-thing does not get more attention here. This is a serious maneuver and a huge challenge to the supremacy of Bitcoin.

I'm surprised by this as well. I've been following the BTC/BCH thing for a long while now, but it's very difficult to find unbiased discussions about this anywhere.

Even though I'm personally bullish on BCH, my opinion is that Coinbase really mishandled this situation. They announced back in August that some level of integration would be introduced before the end of the year, but to throw it out with no further warning right after the BTC difficulty adjustment seems like less than a coincidence to me.

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
but to throw it out with no further warning right after the BTC difficulty adjustment seems like less than a coincidence to me.

Yep, this whole thing smells like BCH and Coinbase planned it long ago. It also shows: Powerful exchanges and CONTROL are a problem for cryptocurrencies.

This was posted on reddit today: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Coinbase f*cked up. Sad that most people wont give a damn.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

Think about all the people who have no clue about Bitcoin, want to buy some, hop on Coinbase and see Bitcoin Cash. They will assume it is the same. +73% in the last 24 hours. This will create FOMO and my humble opinion: Bitcoin Cash will soon go on a huge bullrun.

I think its a sell up here, peak mania and Roger VER is not a DEVELOPER but a marketing dude who just pulled off milllions and millions for himself for FREE.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I'm surprised by this as well. I've been following the BTC/BCH thing for a long while now, but it's very difficult to find unbiased discussions about this anywhere.

Even though I'm personally bullish on BCH, my opinion is that Coinbase really mishandled this situation. They announced back in August that some level of integration would be introduced before the end of the year, but to throw it out with no further warning right after the BTC difficulty adjustment seems like less than a coincidence to me.

Did you know that the market cap of bitcoin cash is almost as big as ETH today and they barely have developers, 95% of the owner base has ZERO COST into it, they got it FREE by holding BTC. I think that's F*cking scary myself. No real money or sweat was put into it to deserve this market cap. I say this as someone who understands VER's points but we have ETH and LTC already for that. In a way he did hijack btc as much as core hijacked it

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Bitcoin cash is increasing but you still can't buy it on CoinBase.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!