The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Biophase - Introducing My Ecommerce/Amazon Business Coaching Program

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
@biophase just sent my application! Thank you for your consideration and your valued time!

DBXI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 24, 2015
@biophase I tried to send this via PM but here is probably better anyway. I haven't been as active on these forums as I'd like to be mostly because I've been so focused on the business and trying to bust out of the 9-5. I just want to say thanks for all the info you have provided. It has been invaluable for me. I started out reading all of your ecomm threads 2012/2015 back in late 2015. I even spent a couple of hours reading everything on your blog as well. Very interesting reading about your progression through real estate and ecommerce over the years. The story about the NSX and the video game posts really struck a cord with me as I can relate. Our business would not be where it's at today without the information you have provided.

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
@biophase if I enroll in this program will I be able to travel in May, June and July? (I was planning to do 2-3 week travels in each of those months).

Last edited:

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
Also what about the Trump factor in the USA? Since I'm not in USA, do you think the new tax regulations which Trump is planning to put in place for importing from China will create a problem?

(Also I can't sell on Amazon UK, because it doesn't accept seller registration from my country. I haven't done any research about other Amazon sites that are in Europe. Amazon USA accepts registrations from my country, no problem with that.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
@biophase I updated my last 2 posts. I will apply for the program according to your answers, so I'm waiting to hear from you and I'm really excited about this opportunity.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
@biophase if I enroll in this program will I be able to travel in May, June and July? (I was planning to do 2-3 week travels in each of those months).

This is up to you. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to travel. It will be your business and you can do whatever you want.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Also what about the Trump factor in the USA? Since I'm not in USA, do you think the new tax regulations which Trump is planning to put in place for importing from China will create a problem?

(Also I can't sell on Amazon UK, because it doesn't accept seller registration from my country. I haven't done any research about other Amazon sites that are in Europe. Amazon USA accepts registrations from my country, no problem with that.)

I don't worry about things like this. Maybe Trump will have an effect and maybe he won't. Either way, we go about our business. I don't think a tax of 15 or 35% will kill your product. If it will, then you have the wrong product.

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
This is up to you. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to travel. It will be your business and you can do whatever you want.

I thought that because these will be physical products.

If we say an information product business is 95% passive, how much passive can this new ecommerce business be made when I have 20-30 or more products? (With and without hiring someone.)

Since I'm currently selling ebooks I'm completely free in terms of time and location. I'm trying to figure out what my life will look like with this new business since these will be physical products. That's why I'm obsessed with passivity of the business :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

There are other countries to import from...

I import packaging from china, and that's about it.

If plan A doesn't work, find a plan B.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I thought that because these will be physical products.

If we say an information product business is 95% passive, how much passive can this new ecommerce business be made when I have 20-30 or more products? (With and without hiring someone.)

Since I'm currently selling ebooks I'm completely free in terms of time and location. I'm trying to figure out what my life will look like with this new business since these will be physical products. That's why I'm obsessed with passivity of the business :)

Thanks.

If you have physical products you will just need to find someone to accept them and send them to Amazon. Or you can have your supplier send it directly to amazons warehouse.

There is always a way to get things done. It's all a matter of cost and management.

Close to half of my current clients do not live in the USA.

jmomcc

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 10, 2014
I applied! I hope you got it.

I have a random question. I know Amazon USA is where it is at, but would there be any reason to start on your home country's amazon first (Amazon.ca for me)? Or is the US market size just a better bet?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
There are other countries to import from...

I import packaging from china, and that's about it.

If plan A doesn't work, find a plan B.
Those who have thought outside the square and found suppliers in countries other than China are a jump ahead of most of their competitors. It is a lot easier to find unique products or ones not already being sold in your country if you look at other countries.

This is why I encourage my book readers to search among the 20 or so countries for which I have listed appropriate sourcing sites or other sourcing methods.

Walter

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
I don't worry about things like this. Maybe Trump will have an effect and maybe he won't. Either way, we go about our business. I don't think a tax of 15 or 35% will kill your product. If it will, then you have the wrong product.

Politics has nothing to do with us. Whatever happens happens. We must press towards the mark. Invaluable advise @biophase

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I applied! I hope you got it.

I have a random question. I know Amazon USA is where it is at, but would there be any reason to start on your home country's amazon first (Amazon.ca for me)? Or is the US market size just a better bet?

You can start in Amazon.ca and then venture into Amazon USA. But I would suggest you go straight to Amazon USA.

Of course it also depends on your product, if you have a cold weather product you may have good success in Canada vs selling beach products.

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
If you have physical products you will just need to find someone to accept them and send them to Amazon. Or you can have your supplier send it directly to amazons warehouse.

There is always a way to get things done. It's all a matter of cost and management.

Close to half of my current clients do not live in the USA.

Thanks for answering my questions @biophase .

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for answering my questions @biophase .

I think it is just as easy to do without living in the USA. The buyer on Amazon has no idea where the owner of the pr

However, you just have many more hoops to jump through than someone living in the USA. I think it is sort of telling that so many people from other countries are selling in the USA and they have had so many additional barriers to entry than people living here and are working hard and pushing pass these barriers, whereas people living in the USA who have it good, have not even tried.

Here are some of the additional barriers:

Non USA resident vs USA resident
Needs to create LLC in USA -- can use SS number or easy to form LLC
Needs to open USA bank account -- easy to open bank account
Needs to find fulfillment company to accept products or send direct to FBA warehouse -- Can send to their home
Needs to have someone inspect products -- Can inspect own products
Paid in US dollars, converts to local currency, loses a little in conversion -- No loss in currency
Lower margins due to above added expenses -- Can do this without incurring additional expenses

PS: I am accepting applications for only another 7 days!

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
I think it is just as easy to do without living in the USA. The buyer on Amazon has no idea where the owner of the pr

However, you just have many more hoops to jump through than someone living in the USA. I think it is sort of telling that so many people from other countries are selling in the USA and they have had so many additional barriers to entry than people living here and are working hard and pushing pass these barriers, whereas people living in the USA who have it good, have not even tried.

Here are some of the additional barriers:

Non USA resident vs USA resident
Needs to create LLC in USA -- can use SS number or easy to form LLC
Needs to open USA bank account -- easy to open bank account
Needs to find fulfillment company to accept products or send direct to FBA warehouse -- Can send to their home
Needs to have someone inspect products -- Can inspect own products
Paid in US dollars, converts to local currency, loses a little in conversion -- No loss in currency
Lower margins due to above added expenses -- Can do this without incurring additional expenses

PS: I am accepting applications for only another 7 days!

I think additional barriers are not a problem as long as it can be done.

I've been thinking about enrolling in this program after you opened it again. I thought about this a lot and I decided not to enroll this time, because I will be traveling a lot this year.

I think I won't be able to commit to starting a new business 100% while doing all that excessive traveling.

So if you open it again next year, then most probably I'll take the opportunity and enroll in your program.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I think additional barriers are not a problem as long as it can be done.

I've been thinking about enrolling in this program after you opened it again. I thought about this a lot and I decided not to enroll this time, because I will be traveling a lot this year.

I think I won't be able to commit to starting a new business 100% while doing all that excessive traveling.

So if you open it again next year, then most probably I'll take the opportunity and enroll in your program.

Why don't you enroll now and travel next year while earning income ?

xuyigang

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 15, 2015
Greenville SC
Bio,

Will your program still be offered after April 17?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Bio,

Will your program still be offered after April 17?

As of right now I plan on doing this just once. Definitely only once in 2017.

xuyigang

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 15, 2015
Greenville SC
As of right now I plan on doing this just once. Definitely only once in 2017.

Thanks, when is the deadline to enroll in your current offering? Reason I asked is because I am a CPA and unable to commmit to course during tax time.

AndreHimself

Goat Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
May 12, 2015
LA
Thanks, when is the deadline to enroll in your current offering? Reason I asked is because I am a CPA and unable to commmit to course during tax time.

I will be reviewing applications from now until December 25th. I will notify clients if they have been accepted on December 26th. Full payment will be required on January 6th.

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
Why don't you enroll now and travel next year while earning income ?

Because since I already have a business that's creating a passive income stream, I wanted to give priority to my personal goals this year. I believe this will make me a happier man.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016