The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best amazon course?

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
Hey, so i decided to start an amazone business and therefor I want the best knowledge I can get so I can start asap. Does anyone have any recommendations on amazon courses? I heard the best one is "amazing selling machine" but I don't see the point in spending so much money.
Plus is it really necessary? A lot of people claim that you should do a course in order to avoid stupid mistakes, is it true?
How about the cheapest course, PAC, is it worth it?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Stay far far away from Amazon Selling Machine.

Check out the Startupbros Import Jumpstart Course if you want a course. The advice was ok, but they did bring in some really knowledgeable folks when I did it a few years ago.

There's plenty of free info on this forum and all over the internet now for selling on Amazon, so... a course really isn't necessary.

I'd also recommend any interview or podcast you can find with Will Tjernlund. That dude is on another level.

Last edited:

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
Stay the F*ck away from Amazon Selling Machine.

Check out the Startupbros Import Jumpstart Course if you want a course. The advice was ok, but they did bring in some really knowledgeable folks when I did it a few years ago.

There's plenty of free info on this forum and all over the internet now for selling on Amazon, so... a course really isn't necessary.

I'd also recommend any interview or podcast you can find with Will Tjernlund. That dude is on another level.

Thank you very much for your information.
So there is not any kind of premium knowledge which has its cost? This question sounds kind of stupid even to me but why else would someone buy so much if it is not totally worth it?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
This question sounds kind of stupid even to me but why else would someone buy so much if it is not totally worth it?

Because people want someone to hold their hand and show them all of the exact steps to making passive income.

They will gladly pay thousands for the hope of not having to actually put in any work.

Traditionally though, ASM has been just the worst advice ever when it comes to product selection, and you end up with everyone who's taken an ASM course selling the same product... like BBQ gloves.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
Because people want someone to hold their hand and show them all of the exact steps to making passive income.

They will gladly pay thousands for the hope of not having to actually put in any work.

Traditionally though, ASM has been just the worst advice ever when it comes to product selection, and you end up with everyone who's taken an ASM course selling the same product... like BBQ gloves.

Ok thanks. And for the other steps like what do you have to take care of (in regards of shipping, licencing etc) you find everything in the internet as well? I have no problem doing the dirty work on my own but I do not want to regret saving up a few euros but ending up losing even more than that.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Ok thanks. And for the other steps like what do you have to take care of (in regards of shipping, licencing etc) you find everything in the internet as well? I have no problem doing the dirty work on my own but I do not want to regret saving up a few euros but ending up losing even more than that.

Just go.

When you find a question you can't answer: "How do I ship something from A to B?", then search for an answer to that specific problem.

Or ask @biophase in his AMA thread if you're really stuck.

I was talking about my new business with some of my non-business friends last night, and someone asked "So is there anyone helping you figure all of that out?".

I just busted out laughing.

I learn something new every day. Learn by doing.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Stay away from Amazing Selling Machine.

So much information here in the forum that I don't think anyone "needs" to purchase an amazon course. It will just take some digging on your part. But that's the appeal to these types of courses, isn't it? "I don't have to dig for the information. Someone else has already done the hard work."

Read all of @biophase's threads especially the one where he helps you identify good products to sell on amazon. Read all Gold and Notable threads relating to e-commerce. Some of which are located on the "Inside" (subscription required - Insiders).

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
This is why I love this forum. This is like the only source where you find complete honest answers, (nearly) no one gets a comission for selling anything. It is so hard to find honest reviews on Youtube.
Or maybe I just don't trust these sources so easily.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
That is true but I could not find anything about paid courses.

Just because you have to pay, doesn't mean that it will contain information you won't find anywhere else. The best way to get from where you are, to where you want to go, is to study the work of those who have already done it, and then implement.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've been through ASM. Luckily I didn't have to actually pay for it myself.

In short - It has less useful "INSIDERS secret" information than this forum.

Honestly, ASM is very, very little more than a crash course in getting setup on Amazon. They throw a few tools into the mix but nothing that REALLY helps you out.

Scott Voelker has some decent free information if you REALLY want "something" to consume though: The Amazing Seller – Successful Amazon Sellers

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Scott Voelker has some decent free information if you REALLY want "something" to consume though: The Amazing Seller – Successful Amazon Sellers

The value in Scott Voelker is some of the guests he brings on.

He never did shit with amazon, and his product selection was the worst. He made a quick buck on some random "me-too" products, and then became a guru. I wish I still had the link to his Amazon store.

I haven't listened to him in quite a while (18 months?), but back then he was throwing out some really questionable advice. Maybe he's gotten better.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The value in Scott Voelker is some of the guests he brings on.

He never did shit with amazon, and his product selection was the worst. He made a quick buck on some random "me-too" products, and then became a guru. I wish I still had the link to his Amazon store.

I haven't listened to him in quite a while (18 months?), but back then he was throwing out some really questionable advice. Maybe he's gotten better.

Huh. I had no idea.

I listened to his first bunch of podcasts back when I was really getting into everything and it seemed to follow a lot of the best practices of other courses/advice I had heard along the way.

I stopped listening at some point and never got back into his stuff since it was very same-old, same-old.

Thanks for the clarification.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Huh. I had no idea.

I listened to his first bunch of podcasts back when I was really getting into everything and it seemed to follow a lot of the best practices of other courses/advice I had heard along the way.

I stopped listening at some point and never got back into his stuff since it was very same-old, same-old.

Thanks for the clarification.

I remember he sold reflective running vests... as an example of the type of products he was listing.

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016

1) Make it easy - Tick
2) Make it risk free -tick
3) No work involved - tick
4) Big profits roll in - tick
5) Fast. Making money by tomorrow -tick

If you want to sell any course online follow those rules! Or else it flops....If there is work involved, risk and no guarantee of profits the masses will run. God forbid you mention effort...do not even bother :)

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016
My question about selling on Amazon as a business module...and if i am wrong tell me. But isn't there just too much competition? Too many copy cats?
Will there always be opportunities there? What about giving Amazon complete control over your business?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Stay the F*ck away from Amazon Selling Machine.

I have no adverse comments to make about either of those courses other than the fact that the price is at least 10X what the Proven Amazon Course costs, and that course contains a copy of my safe sourcing and importing book. :hilarious:

The sourcing content in the jumpstart course is now even more minimimalist than it was a couple of years ago, but still contains obsolete information about Alibaba in particular. They might be good at teaching how to sell on Amazon, but to rely on them for information on how to safely source your chosen products and how to deal with importing issues, would I think, be another matter.

The course now costs $2997, but in an earlier thread dealing with their course, when the price of the course was $997, I commented:

"Finally, I would be much happier to see suppliers of information stick to the line of business they know, instead of offering fries with the burgers they have had years of experience making, but all they know about fries is where to buy them."

When their course members need help on sourcing or shipping they rely for support on an undoubted expert. The problem though is that he is an expert in sourcing for very big importers. That fact is promoted as a reason why newbies should rely on his advice.

Walter

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-8_11-53-28.png
    upload_2017-9-8_11-53-28.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2017-9-8_11-54-1.png
    upload_2017-9-8_11-54-1.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 5

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I have no adverse comments to make about either of those courses other than the fact that the price is at least 10X what the Proven Amazon Course costs, and that course contains a copy of my safe sourcing and importing book. :hilarious:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, but the Import Jumpstart course was $300 when I took it... so well worth my money. I have no idea what they are charging now, or if it's worth it currently.

And most of what I got out of it, was the "selling on Amazon" part, like you said.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
My question about selling on Amazon as a business module...and if i am wrong tell me. But isn't there just too much competition? Too many copy cats?
Will there always be opportunities there? What about giving Amazon complete control over your business?

So don't give Amazon complete control of your business.

Amazon is not your business, Amazon is one of your many traffic sources.

My business is selling products that are rare in this country. There are currently 0 listings on Amazon for this product. Mine will be the first.

As long as there are new products coming out, there will always be new opportunities.

However, if you want to sell silicone spatulas, then yes, there is too much competition.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
So don't give Amazon complete control of your business.

Amazon is not your business, Amazon is one of your many traffic sources.

My business is selling products that are rare in this country. There are currently 0 listings on Amazon for this product. Mine will be the first.

As long as there are new products coming out, there will always be new opportunities.

However, if you want to sell silicone spatulas, then yes, there is too much competition.

Everyone says that you should sell something which is already selling, just an improved version. Yet you say otherwise, is there a reason for that?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Everyone says that you should sell something which is already selling, just an improved version. Yet you say otherwise, is there a reason for that?

I fell in love with this product, and I wanted to bring it to the U.S. whether it was super successful or not. I thought it was worth a shot.

Yes, there is a risk in selling something no one else is selling.

I didn't know if it was because there was no market for the item, or if it was because no one knew about the item.

Turns out it was the latter, as I've pre-sold half a container, and the product hasn't even left the factory yet.

If you sell something that doesn't have an established market, then you need to verify the demand for the product in another way. For me, that was through pre-sales, and the amazing feedback people were giving me on the prototype/sample.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
I fell in love with this product, and I wanted to bring it to the U.S. whether it was super successful or not. I thought it was worth a shot.

Yes, there is a risk in selling something no one else is selling.

I didn't know if it was because there was no market for the item, or if it was because no one knew about the item.

Turns out it was the latter, as I've pre-sold half a container, and the product hasn't even left the factory yet.

If you sell something that doesn't have an established market, then you need to verify the demand for the product in another way. For me, that was through pre-sales, and the amazing feedback people were giving me on the prototype/sample.

A huge thanks for the insight and anserrs you are giving! I wish you all the best with your product.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.