The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Become or Be an entrepreneur?

rawbee

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 5, 2021
Italy
Hi everyone,
I just finished reading UNSCRIPTED and needless to say, I was literally excited!
After the first euphoria and excitement, I started thinking about what should be the moves to start my road to success.
I'm 40 years old and I've had a VAT number for more than 10 years. So I have already made for several years the choice to give up the 9-5 life. In all the experiences I have had, both as a VAT holder and as a minority shareholder (5%) of a company, I have found that I am very good at developing ideas (once they are born, however) and solving problems.
From my point of view I am a perfect right-hand man and I must say that I like the role a lot. However, this role gives me enough job satisfaction, but not as much financial satisfaction as I would like. What I lack is the spirit of initiative to start a project, that spark from which everything starts.
Once I have sketched out the first idea (by someone else) I start thinking about its possible development. However, the idea is not mine and this leaves me a little disappointed.

I don't really know what to ask, maybe I just needed to share my frustration with someone and know what you think.

Thank you all

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Welcome!

It sounds like you'd be a great partner / co-founder. Look for someone who could use your product development and problem solving skills, and create something with them.

You could also partner with someone who has already started with their idea, but is stuck at the "how do I improve this?" stage, you don't have to start from scratch.

What do you do for a living?

rawbee

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 5, 2021
Italy
Welcome!

It sounds like you'd be a great partner / co-founder. Look for someone who could use your product development and problem solving skills, and create something with them.

You could also partner with someone who has already started with their idea, but is stuck at the "how do I improve this?" stage, you don't have to start from scratch.

What do you do for a living?
Thanks @Madame Peccato :)

It has been that way for now but maybe I just haven't found the right partner yet.
I'm currently involved in event production, although the period is not the best.
The company I was talking about is a communication agency, so I have some skills in the world of communication as well.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi everyone,
I just finished reading UNSCRIPTED and needless to say, I was literally excited!
After the first euphoria and excitement, I started thinking about what should be the moves to start my road to success.
I'm 40 years old and I've had a VAT number for more than 10 years. So I have already made for several years the choice to give up the 9-5 life. In all the experiences I have had, both as a VAT holder and as a minority shareholder (5%) of a company, I have found that I am very good at developing ideas (once they are born, however) and solving problems.
From my point of view I am a perfect right-hand man and I must say that I like the role a lot. However, this role gives me enough job satisfaction, but not as much financial satisfaction as I would like. What I lack is the spirit of initiative to start a project, that spark from which everything starts.
Once I have sketched out the first idea (by someone else) I start thinking about its possible development. However, the idea is not mine and this leaves me a little disappointed.

I don't really know what to ask, maybe I just needed to share my frustration with someone and know what you think.

Thank you all
A bit confusing.
Are you saying that you dont have ideas or you dont wan to persue your own ideas, or?

rawbee

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 5, 2021
Italy
A bit confusing.
Are you saying that you dont have ideas or you dont wan to persue your own ideas, or?
I'll try to be clearer.
Partly I'm saying I don't have great ideas, partly I'm wondering if being an entrepreneur is something you have to have inside or if it's something you can create and grow even if you're not predisposed.
I realize I'm missing the first part of the journey: having the idea.
Once the idea is there I think I have the skills to develop it in collaboration with the "owner" of the idea.

maybe even so the explanation is not completely clear...

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I'll try to be clearer.
Partly I'm saying I don't have great ideas, partly I'm wondering if being an entrepreneur is something you have to have inside or if it's something you can create and grow even if you're not predisposed.
I realize I'm missing the first part of the journey: having the idea.
Once the idea is there I think I have the skills to develop it in collaboration with the "owner" of the idea.

maybe even so the explanation is not completely clear...
Maybe you are looking for something grand, a fully fleshed idea.
What I`ve found is that usually most great ideas start from something small, and observation that a problem exists for people or in general.
The solution to said problem may be the idea you are looking for.
But its not going to come from nothing, you need to look for problems to solve.

Here is my outlook on entrepreneurship, if it helps: How hard is it really to start, run & maintain a sustainable business?

rawbee

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 5, 2021
Italy
Maybe you are looking for something grand, a fully fleshed idea.
What I`ve found is that usually most great ideas start from something small, and observation that a problem exists for people or in general.
The solution to said problem may be the idea you are looking for.
But its not going to come from nothing, you need to look for problems to solve.

Here is my outlook on entrepreneurship, if it helps: How hard is it really to start, run & maintain a sustainable business?
Thanks @alexkuzmov, the shower metaphor was perfect
I probably shouldn't be in a hurry to come up with a brilliant idea right away.
The important thing is to start looking at the world with the eyes of those who want to make it better by solving people's problems, in any field.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I'm wondering if being an entrepreneur is something you have to have inside or if it's something you can create and grow even if you're not predisposed.
Stop.Do your thing. Delete this question.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.