The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Back on the forum. My quest for a better life.

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

GuestUser8117

Hi everyone. Hope you all do well. I'm back on the forum after a break that was necessary.
Good News : I moved out of the parent's house this winter.
Bad news: I felt very sick in the past months and I think my life couldn't have gotten worse. I've really hit rock bottom.

My current situation is this :

I have no money, not a lot of friends, my physical health is pretty bad(terrible back pain) ,no business, no car, no job, nothing at all.

Before, I had friends I had a job, I was healthy, life was good. Now I've screwed up everything and it's F*cking painful.

Yesterday I was lying on the floor, crying about my life. Sometimes I have suicidal thoughts but I wouldn't do it. I don't know if I'm depressed but I don't feel like doing anything.

So...it's time for a big change.

I'm moving in another appartment this summer. I've applied in a couple of coffee shops and I am waiting for employers to call me back. Because I'd like to do business in the coffee industry.

The problem is I'm having a hard time finding a need.

Anyway

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jeez what the hell happened? I thought you were "smoking cigars every day in front of peon friends that had jobs"...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
. Sometimes I have suicidal thoughts

This is the 2nd person in the last 3 days that has claimed to be suicidal. Not sure why Fastlane is turning into the "go to" place for young adults who think about taking their lives. Truly disheartening.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Kid there's not the type of help you need at the forum. You need to get your health right, get your head right, and then you will be able to engage at some point in the future. We don't have a whole lot to offer you that can help you. You do need to lock down a job, get a roof over your head, some wheels under your feet, and your health in check. Then, at some point later in life, you might be ready to build something. Not today.

1. Get healthy
2. Get your mind healthy
3. Get some income
4. Get stable
5. Live for a while

then, and probably only then, will you be ready to build. Not today.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Hi everyone. Hope you all do well. I'm back on the forum after a break that was necessary.
Good News : I moved out of the parent's house this winter.
Bad news: I felt very sick in the past months and I think my life couldn't have gotten worse. I've really hit rock bottom.

My current situation is this :

I have no money, not a lot of friends, my physical health is pretty bad(terrible back pain) ,no business, no car, no job, nothing at all.

Before, I had friends I had a job, I was healthy, life was good. Now I've screwed up everything and it's F*cking painful.

Yesterday I was lying on the floor, crying about my life. Sometimes I have suicidal thoughts but I wouldn't do it. I don't know if I'm depressed but I don't feel like doing anything.

So...it's time for a big change.

I'm moving in another appartment this summer. I've applied in a couple of coffee shops and I am waiting for employers to call me back. Because I'd like to do business in the coffee industry.

The problem is I'm having a hard time finding a need.

Anyway

Cheers

I don't have much expertise either but here's my opinion. I think after reading the book, people may think they have to avoid a job at all costs and immediately rely on a new business venture to make money, in order to avoid "living the slowlane." However, you can still use slowlane methods without being a "slowlaner." I think you are already back on track. The fact that you've already applied for jobs and have a plan is a good show of your character and responsibility. Most people would just continue to be sad for a long time but STILL do nothing. At least you're increasing the odds for yourself.

The need might very well appear while working, or it may be somewhere else. I also find it helpful to read the low star reviews of places related to my idea and see what people are commonly complaining about. Twitter is also great. I can't tell you how many times I see "I wish Starbucks delivered" and stuff like that. MJ actually has a video about finding needs on youtube. If you ever need verbal motivation, watch him. I agree with Vigilante. Don't stress yourself out with starting a new job AND immediately starting a business. Get a normal job to at least have a more stable income and mindset, and just spend your extra time keeping on the lookout for ideas, but don't let it overwhelm you. Make it fun. Know that you have the POTENTIAL. You are much more in control of your life and outlook than you think. Hope this helps. :)

Here's a direct link just for the heck of it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Agree with the others - get mentally and physically healthy and financially stable first.

Whether you work to live or live to work, there's no point doing either if the journey is going to kill you before you get there.

G

GuestUser8117

Kid there's not the type of help you need at the forum. You need to get your health right, get your head right, and then you will be able to engage at some point in the future. We don't have a whole lot to offer you that can help you. You do need to lock down a job, get a roof over your head, some wheels under your feet, and your health in check. Then, at some point later in life, you might be ready to build something. Not today.

1. Get healthy
2. Get your mind healthy
3. Get some income
4. Get stable
5. Live for a while

then, and probably only then, will you be ready to build. Not today.

You're right.

And I do live under a roof.

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
5 yrs ago I was in a worse situation. I broke someone's ankle in my family because I got drunk. I had to work my a$$ off for two yrs and pay for all the damage I had caused. I seeked therapy and got passed it all. I had to support there income for ten months because they did not get unemployment. They also did not have health care and I had to pay for that all while not allowing my coworkers to know what happened. It was the worst time of my life, but the best because I learned to struggle. This person caused me a lot of trouble through my childhood I should add. Anyways today I barely look back at that and I have reconciled with them. I just know that a good therapist made me who I am today.

D

DeletedUser394

This is the 2nd person in the last 3 days that has claimed to be suicidal. Not sure why Fastlane is turning into the "go to" place for young adults who think about taking their lives. Truly disheartening.

I used to feel this way (long long time ago), so I have a good idea as to why this is.

The fastlane is presented as an 'ideal lifestyle', something to strive towards. Problem is, many people think it's a linear progression. Ie, follow step 1,2,3 or CENTS or whatever, and you will be successful.

Obviously the problem with that is that it isn't true. You fail constantly, there is no concrete roadmap. Things change, problems come up, barriers are put up, only to be struck down and replaced with new barriers.

So people can't find their 'niche' and freak out because it's so hard and life is so unfair, etc.

They develop this ideal life in their minds and then realize how seemingly 'unattainable' it is.

When a person sees their dream car on the road while they themselves are driving a 10 year old Hyundai while working for Target, they can have one of two reactions;

1. Get pumped up and motivated.
2. Become resentful/jealous (whether they realize it or not) and depressed.

One of my favorite quotes in the world is from one of my favorite movies of all time (Gattaca). "I was never more certain of how far away I was from my goal than when I was standing right beside it."

Then we get all the cavaliers rushing in saying you gotta quit your job now rah rah rah and just figure it out, to people that obviously have no business doing something like that.

So then these newer people are burdened with more pressure from forum users that mean well. (same as parents pressuring their kids to go to school).

People that are struggling need to calm down and realize that you gotta be happy at every stage of the journey. Money won't fix someone that is fundamentally unhappy.

/brain fart

Last edited by a moderator:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
People that are struggling need to calm down and realize that you gotta be happy at every stage of the journey. Money won't fix someone that is fundamentally unhappy.

Important.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Then we get all the cavaliers rushing in saying you gotta quit your job now rah rah rah and just figure it out, to people that obviously have no business doing something like that.

So then these newer people are burdened with more pressure from forum users that mean well. (same as parents pressuring their kids to go to school).

/brain fart

I knew there had to be another way to going about business...

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Also i am the same as Jaz so feel free to message me anytime. I will definitely respond to you ASAP
I suffer from depression from time to time also. I refuse to take medication or see doctor about it now.
Try Self help. A Clean diet helps and get outside as often as possible. Exercise even for a walk just to clear your head.
Also try taking a break from electronic devices for a day or two.
Would it be possible to move back to your parents house to ease the cost of living plus the social aspect of having people daily to talk to that knows you best would help.

Hope your feeling better soon!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I've applied in a couple of coffee shops and I am waiting for employers to call me back

This effort is bullshit and you know it. I guess you just like your thinking...that has brought you to where you are. I know, I know, "working there and here and xyz" and that's how at one point I couldn't buy a cheezburger for a dollar at mcdonalds. Pride's a bitch, but you're a bitch in other people's lives who realize what living requires and accept it. Bad news - you'll have to suck it up, forever. Good news - there is no other choice, and you get to make your own independent life.

You can have money in as little as 3 weeks. You can have 80 hours worth of money. LIFE WILL GET BETTER BECAUSE YOU ATTAINED SOMETHING. IT WILL ABSOLUTELY be better than now.

Now challenge yourself to see where you're "strength" limits are. How many job inquiries until you're "tired"? Now PUSH it another 20%. Taste the next level and the new results, grab your balls and F*ck life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.